Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Sylphosaurus posted:

I honestly wish that if Bioware decides to produce another Mass Effect (no prequel, thank you very much) that they'll keep to the spirit of the Citadel DLC for the entire game.

Even better, have you play as Citadel-BADPERSON, who naturally survived falling out of the Normandy, smashing into a skyscraper, plummeting down to the wards, the subsequent Reaper station abduction and slaughterfest, and the whole place blowing the the gently caress up at the end of the game, and who has now woken up in the foulest fuckin' mood imaginable and everyone they meet mistakes them for the Saviour of the Galaxy and wants a fuckin' autograph.

Quest Log

Priority:

* Score some booze
* Get the Normandy back

Sub-Quests:

* Find Shepard's corpse and dance on it
* Kill 10 Autograph hunters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'd unironically love to play as Evil Clone Shepard who wakes up(obviously Shepard would survive a mere half-mile fall in space) and spends the game either learning about friendship or using the hero worship of the populace for their own deliciously evil ends.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

2house2fly posted:

I'd unironically love to play as Evil Clone Shepard who wakes up(obviously Shepard would survive a mere half-mile fall in space) and spends the game either learning about friendship or using the hero worship of the populace for their own deliciously evil ends.

This.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

2house2fly posted:

Honestly, I would love it, even if it is kind of a cheat.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

2house2fly posted:

So... basically Overlord: In Space, but with Vorcha for minions?
:getin:

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Generic American posted:

So... basically Overlord: In Space, but with Vorcha for minions?
:getin:

Vorcha for brown Minions. Turians are your Green Minions, Quarians your Blue, and Krogan your Red minions.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I was doing some youtubing and learned that during the second citadel mission, you can fail to convince Kaidan/Ashley that you're still cool. If you do so, you end up having to shoot 'em dead. In Kaidan's case, Shepard asks why he'd defend Udina, and Kaidan responds "Man couldn't defend himself" before poppin his clogs. Lieutentant Commander Barbie just says "gently caress you, burn in hell." Will they always say those things, or are there some events up to this point that can be handled differently to make Kaidan perish more angrily and Ashley less so?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kajeesus posted:

I was doing some youtubing and learned that during the second citadel mission, you can fail to convince Kaidan/Ashley that you're still cool. If you do so, you end up having to shoot 'em dead. In Kaidan's case, Shepard asks why he'd defend Udina, and Kaidan responds "Man couldn't defend himself" before poppin his clogs. Lieutentant Commander Barbie just says "gently caress you, burn in hell." Will they always say those things, or are there some events up to this point that can be handled differently to make Kaidan perish more angrily and Ashley less so?

I think the responses during Mars, and whether or not you visit Kaidan or Ash after they get injured have something to do with it, but I'm not entirely sure.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
If you only visit them once, their responses are melencholy, but not visiting them at all leads to some angry last words.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
So today in #masseffect irc I discovered that I'm a bad person.

quote:

(11:35:00 AM) Trast: I never buy the hamster.
(11:35:06 AM) GenericOverusedName: you monster
(11:35:08 AM) FuzzyFreaks_: YOU MONSTER
(11:35:09 AM) Axe-man: you.. monster

The best part is in the time stamps.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Trast posted:

I wonder how many people have missed the hamster stuff in Citadel.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Trast posted:

They're right.

SubponticatePoster posted:

I wonder how many people have missed the hamster stuff in Citadel.

Nearly me. I never found the hamster in the main game (and never even bothered to look that hard because I never would have thought to look for it where it is) and only stumbled across the info somewhere literally minutes before I was going to start Citadel.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Kibayasu posted:

quote:

They're right.

"GO FOR THE EYES"!

Ah, a reminder of better times at Bioware. If you don't have a hamster, you have no soul. Shepard and Minsc would agree about that. :colbert:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Minsc is the shittiest Bioware character ever.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
your opinions are the shittiest ever

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Uh, sorry the shittiest Bioware character ever is Juhani.

Minsc isn't far behind her though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
...Kai Leng.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Kai Leng is the shittiest BioWare character.

Although it did feel good to kill him so maybe he's not THE shittiest.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It felt good to get Minsc killed by wolves then removing him from the party in BG, but I don't know if that counts in favor of him.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Anomen.

But Cernd comes close.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
The gigglesquee elf

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

I don't really have an opinion on Kai Leng, but he is probably the only example in all of history of Bioware doing their job too well.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

CPFortest posted:

I don't really have an opinion on Kai Leng, but he is probably the only example in all of history of Bioware doing their job too well.
I really hated that fucker, although maybe not for the reasons they intended.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
Can you buy the hamster in ME3 or do you need to carry it over from ME2? Is that even possible?

Can you even buy a hamster in ME2??

I never bothered with that stuff. I think I bought some fish in ME2 in my first playthrough and then they died because I didn't feed them or anything and just never bothered again with them in subsequent playthroughs :saddowns:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Burning Mustache posted:

Can you buy the hamster in ME3 or do you need to carry it over from ME2? Is that even possible?

Can you even buy a hamster in ME2??

I never bothered with that stuff. I think I bought some fish in ME2 in my first playthrough and then they died because I didn't feed them or anything and just never bothered again with them in subsequent playthroughs :saddowns:

You Monster!

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Helith posted:

You Monster!

Hey in my defense I'm pretty sure I told Kelly to feed them but she didn't :colbert:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I remember the first time I played, Kelly was feeding them in the latter half of the game so I eventually just forgot about it. I didn't feed them before the Suicide Mission, and Kelly was captured, so when I came back to my quarters in the post-game, they were dead. I just thought: Nice attention to detail.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
fish are statistics to ren-shep

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Pattonesque posted:

Kai Leng is the shittiest BioWare character.

Although it did feel good to kill him so maybe he's not THE shittiest.

It didn't feel good when I killed him, because I used Javik's laser to melt him so he shouldn't even have been still alive for his final Ultimate Epic Own

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Burning Mustache posted:

Hey in my defense I'm pretty sure I told Kelly to feed them but she didn't :colbert:

Nope, you're just a monster.

And you can buy the hamster in ME2 and then find it again in ME3 running around in the lower engine level. Like the models, you have to look for it. Wait, I bet you didn't collect the models either. You suck.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Kibayasu posted:

Nope, you're just a monster.

And you can buy the hamster in ME2 and then find it again in ME3 running around in the lower engine level. Like the models, you have to look for it. Wait, I bet you didn't collect the models either. You suck.

Of course I didn't buy the models DO I LOOK LIKE SOME KIND OF SPACE NERD TO YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

While Shepard has genocided entire species (twice), cheated on every lover they've had, lied to and betrayed their friends and sent them into vents to die they still fed their fish, cared for their hamster and curated a wonderful collection of ship models
That makes them officially not a monster. That's just the way the galaxy rolls.
Deal with it.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Kajeesus posted:

If you're on worse terms with Kaidan he'll burn you with something along the lines of "better to die standing up for someone who might not deserve it than to kill a person who does"

I think there's a milder Ashley version but forget what it is.

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009

Seemlar posted:

If you're on worse terms with Kaidan he'll burn you with something along the lines of "better to die standing up for someone who might not deserve it than to kill a person who does"

I think there's a milder Ashley version but forget what it is.

Ashley's is something to the effect of "I had to stand up for what I thought was right, you taught me that."

Also interesting about this situation is that if you do have to shoot the Virmire survivor, the crew, or at least Joker, seems a lot more broken up about Kaidan's death than Ashley's. With Kaidan, Joker is all "Kaidan was there with us from the beginning, I can't believe he's gone!" whereas with Ashley it's "I didn't really know her that well but it still sucks."

Psycho Mantits fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 25, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Psycho Mantits posted:

Ashley's is something to the effect of "I had to stand up for what I thought was right, you taught me that."

Also interesting about this situation is that if you do have to shoot the Virmire survivor, the crew, or at least Joker, seems a lot more broken up about Kaidan's death than Ashley's. With Kaidan, Joker is all "Kaidan was there with us from the beginning, I can't believe he's gone!" whereas with Ashley it's "I didn't really know her that well but it still sucks."

Yeah, Ashley always seemed to be really disconnected from the crew, also she was very annoying in me 3. I think that is why, because of course, she has to be conflicted that she was almost shot. When you know of course my paragon stowed his weapon after like 1 second. I didn't even think he was targeting her at all! I thought he was trying to get a udina shot. :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Axe-man posted:

Yeah, Ashley always seemed to be really disconnected from the crew, also she was very annoying in me 3. I think that is why, because of course, she has to be conflicted that she was almost shot. When you know of course my paragon stowed his weapon after like 1 second. I didn't even think he was targeting her at all! I thought he was trying to get a udina shot. :v:

Ashley certainly was written badly as the series went on. In ME1 there were things to dislike about her but they were at least plausible as character traits. By ME3 you could wipe out an entire Cerberus hit squad and save a litter of kittens and she's still questioning which side you are on.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Trast posted:

Ashley certainly was written badly as the series went on. In ME1 there were things to dislike about her but they were at least plausible as character traits. By ME3 you could wipe out an entire Cerberus hit squad and save a litter of kittens and she's still questioning which side you are on.

"I know you just killed that squad of Cerberus, killed all the people in Cerberus without question, was shot at them. Had a giant mech fall in front of you in an attempt to kill you, AND burned all your Cerberus clothes. BUT CAN I TRUST YOU." That is what it feels like after you save her, let her on board the normandy, and are on the way to kill the illusive man.

DocHorror
Mar 4, 2007

I am the Master, you will obey me...

Axe-man posted:

What always annoyed me is that I played the game with Garrus/Wrex the whole time & yet when I get to Virmire suddenly I'm forced to interact with those two morons to get their input. It was the same in 2 with Miranda/Jacob.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Trast posted:

I think she's the only crewmember that never moves around the ship to talk to anyone else. The only thing she does is get drunk off-screen with Vega. It's kind of jarring once you notice it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just read the ME: Foundations comic that featured her and wow what a piece of poo poo that was.

• Locked thread