Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Dolphins have flippers, they can't use computers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

amarantinesky posted:

Some people would agree with you:

Also

So if speciesist is a thing does me saying that cats are better than dogs make me literally hitler?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Shannonmcn posted:

Seals are dicks to penguins.

that's mostly leopard seals, though

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

amarantinesky posted:

Some people would agree with you:

Also

hmm yes men are different from women like adults are different from babies, this is a masterful connection i have made

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Shannonmcn posted:

That last one. loving lol

welcome to people defending veganism and vegetarianism on something awful.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
attn midori or whatever your name on sa is

post in this thread or i will beat you up

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
if you ever read Peter Singer, yes speciesism is a thing. though generally in ethics it's just called anthropocentrism

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

amarantinesky posted:

welcome to people defending veganism and vegetarianism on something awful.

I was going to say these are the same arguments a zoophile / beastiality enthusiast would use.

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Dongicus posted:

wow rude!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Dongicus posted:

How will she see your threats if she's not already lurking this particular thread?

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Schmetterling posted:

How will she see your threats if she's not already lurking this particular thread?

i will use my horn of goon summoning

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

A real opinion

quote:

I can't speak for anyone else but I treat animals like I treat sped people. I wouldn't eat a retard just because they're not as smart as me and poo poo wherever they want, why should a cow be any different?

Someone said they don't care about the treatment of animals and their morals only apply to humans (a pretty dumb opinion) so she said

quote:

People like you kind of scare me because I'm waiting for the day you decide to slaughter the homeless or autistic people or something.

Homeless people and autistic people = animals

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Dongicus posted:

i will use my horn of goon summoning

Whats a midori?

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Humidora posted:

wow rude!

Al Borland posted:

Whats a midori?

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Al Borland posted:

Whats a midori?

THAT WOULD BE ME

I told him I lurk ladythread because I'm shy and now he tells me to post post post

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

zoos are really good and do more work for conservation of wild species then anyone else. no one should feel bad about supporting them

keeping killer whales is pretty loving dumb though

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Humidora posted:

THAT WOULD BE ME

I told him I lurk ladythread because I'm shy and now he tells me to post post post

You should post it is good for you. Much postings make you big and strong like ox.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

amarantinesky posted:

A real opinion

Someone said they don't care about the treatment of animals and their morals only apply to humans (a pretty dumb opinion) so she said

how do you handle reading this thread? my eyes would fall right out of my head from rolling them ceaselessly.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

amarantinesky posted:

it's incredibly pointless to have any discussion about animals or animal rights on SA. it tends to attract people who either don't get why people would value other life or people who make the above dumb connection between women and babies

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Best Tasting! posted:

how do you handle reading this thread? my eyes would fall right out of my head from rolling them ceaselessly.

I want to puke.
And this time it isn't nut pain.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

owls owls owls post post post

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

where is the dumb thread i am at work and want to feel more pain to remind myself i am alive

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

amarantinesky posted:

This but unironicly.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Dongicus posted:

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

WoodrowSkillson posted:

where is the dumb thread i am at work and want to feel more pain to remind myself i am alive

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3618817

Dongicus posted:

this is a good post I love owls :3:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

WoodrowSkillson posted:

zoos are really good and do more work for conservation of wild species then anyone else. no one should feel bad about supporting them
yeah when I was a kid I read some book about animal rights that was all 'ZOOS ARE TERRIBLE, KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THESE SYMPTOMS OF BORED OR UNHAPPY ANIMALS IN ZOOS' and I got really sad cos my local zoo was one of my favourite places to go in my summer holidays and the animals always seemed happy?
then I found out it's one of the best conservation zoos so it's OK for me to like it! :buddy:
although last month their wolves escaped somehow and they had to shoot a bunch of them, that family's lived there for like 30 years :(

Humidora posted:

THAT WOULD BE ME

don't be shy in ladythread, we are probably the nicest thread on SA :3: come be our friend!

Al Borland posted:

Whats a midori?
midori is Japanese for melon, and is the name of a tasty liquer that is nice with lemonade and also BRIGHT loving RADIOACTIVE GREEN, I love it

Best Tasting! posted:

incidentally, this is why I quit femthread

OWLS OWLS OWLS OWLS wait a sec I gotta go find and POST SOME loving OWLS

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

omg dancing owls. :3: :3: :3:

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
my home-town has a cool zoo with biodomes where small animals can roam free in a climate-controlled version of their own habitat. They have a desert one, a jungle one, and one that is a bunch of gigantor aquaria. It is the only zoo that doesn't make me sad.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Best Tasting! posted:

Once Blackfish hit Netflix my facebook turned into a mob of people calling for the immediate release of all orcas and other sea creatures. What the gently caress do you think is going to happen when you take an animal that has spent its whole life in a tank being handfed and put it in the ocean? Do people think the instincts will just switch on?

People literally think that because in reality they have no respect for animal intelligence or the notion animals must be taught. They're bad biologists, and it leads them to morally unsound notions.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Your horn is made of owls.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Humidora posted:

THAT WOULD BE ME

always post

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wildlife Analysis posted:

if you ever read Peter Singer, yes speciesism is a thing. though generally in ethics it's just called anthropocentrism

I generally agree with him but I agree with him in the opposite bad way.

"Pigs are as intelligent as toddlers. We eat pigs."

There are two potential logical moral conclusions there.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

vaguely posted:

midori is Japanese for melon, and is the name of a tasty liquer that is nice with lemonade and also BRIGHT loving RADIOACTIVE GREEN, I love it

Midori is A OK with me. I like green and melons.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Chiba City Blues posted:

Dolphins have flippers, they can't use computers

you loving racist

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
finished the last season of The Wire now what am i gonna do with my life

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Could a dolphin use speech-to-text?

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

pixelbaron posted:

finished the last season of The Wire now what am i gonna do with my life

Find pictures of owls. Post them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Schmetterling posted:

Could a dolphin use speech-to-text?

If we knew their language and syntax.

We know that they have proper nouns and suchlike, we just can't parse how they string things together. Similarly, chimpanzees can use human words (on keyboards even) but they can't grasp human syntax.

• Locked thread