Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

SocketWrench posted:

And some have been prosecuted for it too....tragically after the second or third child died.

More like persecuted for their religious beliefs, amirite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

To be fair fear of modern medicine is not a purely Christian thing and most anti-Vaxers or Homeopathic types are agnostics or adherents to some new age wackery.

It all stems from a fear of lack of control. The idea that when and where disease strikes is something that is caused by a ton of different factors, many of which are beyond our control, and that this requires relying on science that is intuitively hard to understand makes people feel powerless. Rather than acknowledge this reality,a ll sorts of groups come up with reasons for why this isn't really the case, and watching the PH balance of all your foods (watch out for those alkaline lemons!) is really how you can ensure being 100% healthy and happy. Same thing with trusting in good. That way, anybody who isn't sick (who are as important in explaining the delusion as the actual sufferer) still feel like they can point to an easy causal chain, ie "god's plan", which they always assume will not include them getting sick.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

quote:

Prominent Liberal Blog, “Barack Obama And Michelle Obama Are All of Our Parents Now." [1]

Awesome, my dad's the president now. :smug:

However, the citation is teapartycrusaders.com, not the prominent liberal blog mentioned. teapartycrusaders.com does not link to the prominent liberal blog either.

I have no idea where this came from.

quote:

5 Ways America Is Creating a Generation of Wimps.[3]

Said every old person ever.

quote:

If more Americans were Christians like Kevin Durant, this problem would be solved.

But...

I'm no good at basketball. :negative:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Obviously, the power of Christ will give you game.

God, man. Your thetan levels must be super high.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Kids today are such wimps.

A BLOG SAID A THING AMERICA IS CRUMBLING PLEASE JESUS COME NOW TO SAVE US FROM THIS WICKED WORLD.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kids today are such wimps! When I was a kid, my dad would come home from a 12 hour shift in the mine, get stinking drunk and beat my mother and I until we were bloody. That's what America is all about, the ability to abuse those weaker than you!

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

twistedmentat posted:

Kids today are such wimps! When I was a kid, my dad would come home from a 12 hour shift in the mine, get stinking drunk and beat my mother and I until we were bloody. That's what America is all about, the ability to abuse those weaker than you!

Your avatar certainly adds to this post.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The same people also argue that psychology and psychiatric treatment (all of them) are terrible, evil things. Faith in Jesus is all you need to think right and people with mental illness choose to have them/are faking it/are choosing to not get better by not willing it away. They believe that psychology should be banned immediately and all information on psychological study systematically destroyed. Jesus and priests will fix your mental issues and if you disagree with that you are an agent of Satan.

No.

Seriously.

THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS.

In America, when you are diagnosed with mental illness you will spend the rest of your life defending your continued existence to people whom assume that you are faking it by default. Not only is your illness the result of your own poor choices, but remaining mentally ill and unemployed is an easy-street lifestyle choice that you are making, not something over which you have little control.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Prester John posted:

In America, when you are diagnosed with mental illness you will spend the rest of your life defending your continued existence to people whom assume that you are faking it by default. Not only is your illness the result of your own poor choices, but remaining mentally ill and unemployed is an easy-street lifestyle choice that you are making, not something over which you have little control.

Sadly this isn't limited to America and is in fact a lot worse in other places, even other developed countries.

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004

conservapedia posted:

California lesbian couple 'starved their three children so badly they looked like concentration camp victims and kept one adopted daughter chained to the floor'.[1][2] Why are California lesbians permitted to adopt children? See: Homosexual Couples and Domestic Violence
One of the lesbians who starved the children was overweight. See: Lesbianism and obesity

Yes, because heterosexual parents have never been caught treating their kids like slaves, ever!

And they're obese?? Case closed, Sherlock!

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

These people see horrible abuse inflicted on three children and think "This'll work great on by wiki about how much I hate gay people!". Do you think they do this with every new story they see? Like when a man shoots his wife do they wonder if he was a red letter Christian or a Unitarian?

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Hemp Knight posted:

Yes, because heterosexual parents have never been caught treating their kids like slaves, ever!

And they're obese?? Case closed, Sherlock!

The whole horror show that is adoptive child abuse is a huge cultural blind spot basically everywhere.

In fact, guess what turns out to be a factor in a lot of them!

What is Andy hiding, I wonder?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Mind Loving Owl posted:

These people see horrible abuse inflicted on three children and think "This'll work great on by wiki about how much I hate gay people!". Do you think they do this with every new story they see? Like when a man shoots his wife do they wonder if he was a red letter Christian or a Unitarian?

quote:

Update from public schools: massive lockdown in several cities in Colorado due to a reported shooting there. [295] Was this caused by video games, as in the horrific Newtown massacre?

quote:

A 23-year-old goes on a shooting spree at Los Angeles airport, killing one and injuring many others. [470] Was this tragic rampage inspired by violent video games too?

quote:

Liberal denial kicks in as reporters fail to ask if the 12-year-old murderer in a Nevada public school was incited by violent video games. [570]

quote:

The recent Navy Yard mass murderer "spent long hours hypnotized by violent video games," just as young mass murderers did. [662] Yet many media stories continue with liberal denial about the harm of these games.

quote:

Liberal denial, again: an 8-year-old murders his caregiver "minutes" after playing the video game Grand Theft Auto, but the headline reads "Researchers split on whether games provoke violence." [774]

quote:

Teenagers murder a college baseball player from Australia for "the fun of it." [787] Will prosecutors say if the teens were video game players?

quote:

Violent video games likely played a key role in the development of the Boston Young Mass Murderers, but liberal censorship is working overtime to avoid mentioning it.
Meanwhile, video game companies announce profit increases. [1,336]

quote:

he sister of the two young Boston bombing suspects stated that she has "no idea what's gotten into them." [1,338] Perhaps it was submersion into violent video games by the young men?

quote:

Three days of hearings about Young Mass Murderer James Holmes, yet not a word about "why": [1,752]. The public should learn how much time he was spending playing video games.

quote:

Adam Lanza had a basement lair, to which he would retreat to play violent video games every day: [1,859] Are his favorite games on this list? [1,860]

And so on and so forth.

FoiledAgain
May 6, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

And so on and so forth.

Are those bracketed numbers the citations? Are there really more than 1,800 citations on a page somewhere?

made of bees
May 21, 2013
The more citations something has, the more true it is, everyone knows that.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

FoiledAgain posted:

Are those bracketed numbers the citations? Are there really more than 1,800 citations on a page somewhere?

I used the In The News archive to get those, since I knew they had been ranting about violent video games causing all acts of violence for ages.

I only got 1/3 through before I felt I had enough.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

made of bees posted:

The more citations something has, the more true it is, everyone knows that.1

1Fact.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Like when a man shoots his wife do they wonder if he was a red letter Christian or a Unitarian?

I promise you they do not wonder.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

quote:

Gallup poll: Most Hillary Clinton supporters want her to be president of the United States in 2016 for a frivolous reason.[2]

The reason is to have a female president. Yes.

They're calling a powerful symbol of gender equality frivolous.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
I almost want Hillary to be president just because of how Freep/Conservapedia would react.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Morkyz posted:

I almost want Hillary to be president just because of how Freep/Conservapedia would react.

I feel like it won't be like the 2012 meltdown, but it'll be a good and proper homage :unsmith:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

I feel like it won't be like the 2012 meltdown, but it'll be a good and proper homage :unsmith:

I dunno, yeah 2012 was ONE TERM RESIDENT

But 2016 will not only be WOMYN PREZ, but also CLINTOONZ and Three strikes of loss for the GOP.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I'm upset! I went to Conservapedia to find articles linking piano playing to blindness, since both Ray Charles and and Stevie Wonder are blind pianists who are known for being blind and playing the piano. And there are others too, including famed country musician Ronnie Mislap.

Come on. I thought Conservapedia was the only place that understood causality. I guess I'm going to have to write an article stating that there is a link between playing the piano and blindness.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

StealthArcher posted:

But 2016 will not only be WOMYN PREZ, but also CLINTOONZ and Three strikes of loss for the GOP.

You can also expect references to her murdering all the good republicans.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The reason is to have a female president. Yes.

They're calling a powerful symbol of gender equality frivolous.

Well let's be fair, that isn't the primary reason people would want Hilary as a president. Otherwise Sarah Palin would be a perfectly fine reason if all they wanted was a female president.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

StealthArcher posted:

Find a way to make her black and we'll have the trifecta of insanity. The meltdown would be glorious as Republicans eat their young and Rush has a stroke slobbering over his mic

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

Find a way to make her black and we'll have the trifecta of insanity. The meltdown would be glorious as Republicans eat their young and Rush has a stroke slobbering over his mic

Wait Republicans don't eat their young now? Guess they prefer everyone else's.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

SocketWrench posted:

She'd also have to be a Muslim for the full burnout, though.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

She'd have to be a sexual minority too. And 25.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Her being a slim atheist would make it extra hilarious.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I was hoping for a pretty Indian lady with long flowing hair myself…

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Oh god, black, gay, female, Muslim faith, a Clinton, pushing public healthcare, and cuts her hair really short (why not). I imagine the bible belt would just try to secede en mass at that point.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

SocketWrench posted:

Oh god, black, gay, female, Muslim faith, a Clinton, pushing public healthcare, and cuts her hair really short (why not). I imagine the bible belt would just try to secede en mass at that point.
Who doesn't shave or eat meat.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

A gay black Sikh vegetarian?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Naw Sikh's are "the good ones" for the rare conservative who can tell the difference.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RagnarokAngel posted:

Naw Sikh's are "the good ones" for the rare conservative who can tell the difference.

I doubt most American conservatives even know what a Sikh is. Or care. Muslims make a good enemy because there's over a billion of them.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I doubt most American conservatives even know what a Sikh is. Or care. Muslims make a good enemy because there's over a billion of them.

You know who else makes a good enemy?

http://www.conservapedia.com/Bradley_Manning posted:

Bradley Edward Manning (or Chelsea Elizabeth Manning, according to his wishes.[1]) is a United States Army soldier who was sentenced to 35 years in prison after being convicted in a court-martial for releasing vast amounts of classified documents to WikiLeaks.

Manning is being held at the Marine Corps Brig, Quantico, Virginia, charged with "transferring classified data" and "delivering national defense information to an unauthorised source", and "aiding the enemy".[2]

Manning is gay, and there is speculation that his homosexuality motivated him to leak classified information.[2] In August 2013 Manning announced he wanted to live as a woman.[3]

Categories: Computers | Criminals | Homosexuals | Liberals | Lunatics

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Seems redundant to have a Lunatics category when you've already got one for Liberals no?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

jojoinnit posted:

Seems redundant to have a Lunatics category when you've already got one for Liberals no?

A Lunatic is a commonly used term for a person who is mentally ill, dangerous, foolish, unpredictable; a condition once called lunacy. Conservatives eschew political correctness and prefer to describe those who fit this definition in as unambiguous manner as possible

(Adolf Hitler! Karl Marx! Sigmund Freux! Michel Foucault! The Wachowskis! William Ayers! Planned Parenthood!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Speaking of lunacy:

quote:

Flight 370 ditched in the Indian Ocean. That's the official word. But does that make sense, as either accident or piracy?

Oh god, I'm going to read this article. Pray for me.

quote:

North West and North of Maldives, a Google Earth search will show, there are hundreds of small islands some with long straight roads and others with old runways which could have been prepared for this plane. A little further North West will bring you to many islands in the Gulf of Aden. From any of these islands it’s not too far to Jerusalem.

Right. See, if the plane landed, it's close to Jerusalem! Of course, how do you explain that nobody picked up a phone and said "Hey, my flight disappeared, I just want you to know I'm okay?"

quote:

Well, one might suggest terrorism’s main goal is to terrorize. Terrorizing the victims is not the goal. After all if one were not alive, one would tend to no longer fear dying. No, the object is to disrupt, intimidate and frighten the living.

Also known as terrorizing people?

quote:

Is it possible that the governments of the world know this plane is under a tarp and not under 5,000 feet of salt water? Is it possible they are making this ridiculous announcement in an effort to throw off the terrorists and hope they believe the search for the plane is over? We can only pray that that is what’s going on.

So even if they get to the location in the Indian Ocean and declare, without a doubt, the debris is from Flight 370, knowing what we know, who in their right minds would believe them? I know one group that won’t. The instant it is announced that the debris has been verified, the terrorists will know they are still being looked for. For they would know, the debris from that plane will be found some time soon, but not in the Indian Ocean.

What the gently caress?

Words don't even describe how retarded this it.

• Locked thread