Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's a studio recording of Point Keasebypoint.

Wait that's awesome actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Literally The Worst posted:

There was a rumor going around once when they were on tour that they were selling this on vinyl. Apparently a bunch of people asked the merch girl about it because she knew what I was talking about, and sadly, it was not true.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

It's streetlight covering Mrs Butterworth

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

CodfishCartographer posted:

It's streetlight covering Mrs Butterworth

After being played once, the mp3 deletes itself.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Captain Trips posted:

Sweet mother of god, Friday night is Reel Big Fish, Suburban Legends, and Beebs.

:woop:

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!

Goddamn this weekend owns. Tomorrow is the home opener for the Columbus Crew, too.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Mad Caddies have a new song streaming. Get pumped.

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/mad_caddies_brand_new_scar_song_premiere

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Yeah, I heard it earlier, it's pretty loving good

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
Believe in miracles, kids. This 230-pound Goon just crowdsurfed for the first time in his life.

Beebs put on a really great show to open things up (I won't count the acoustic performance from Ryland, because let's face it, drummers shouldn't sing) and Suburban Legends killed it. I don't think I've heard a crowd singing as loudly as we did to "I Just Can't Wait To Be King".

As for the headliners, let me just say this: Tonight's Reel Big Fish show is the closest I've ever come to a bonafide religious experience.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Captain Trips posted:

Believe in miracles, kids. This 230-pound Goon just crowdsurfed for the first time in his life.

Beebs put on a really great show to open things up (I won't count the acoustic performance from Ryland, because let's face it, drummers shouldn't sing) and Suburban Legends killed it. I don't think I've heard a crowd singing as loudly as we did to "I Just Can't Wait To Be King".

As for the headliners, let me just say this: Tonight's Reel Big Fish show is the closest I've ever come to a bonafide religious experience.

#1: you're too big, never crowd surf
#2: the ergs say gently caress you, some drummers can sing
#3: glad you had fun. Now you never need to see them again cause every RBF show has been close to the same for years.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The Holophonics are making another cover album because they don't make any actual original music but it's a

Saves the Day Stay What You Are tribute album

They released At Your Funeral last week and it loving owns bones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR9927iG8K4

I'm actually really pumped for this, it comes out tomorrow.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Obama Yo Mama posted:

The Holophonics are making another cover album because they don't make any actual original music but it's a

Saves The Day is my 2nd favorite band of all time, but man, that singer's got the worst voice in the world.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Slow Gherkin's singer.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Quest For Glory II posted:

Slow Gherkin's singer.

No that guy rules. He's a proto-Rosenstock.

Rabin_Crabmink
Mar 23, 2001

I hate them all except Turtleface.

No that guy rules. He's a proto-Rosenstock.

Best of both worlds! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9bL-yRf99k

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

I keep coming across Bomb songs I've never heard on Youtube. We really need Others Others Volume 2.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

MondayHotDog posted:

I keep coming across Bomb songs I've never heard on Youtube. We really need Others Others Volume 2.

Same. Others is a great album.

I came across this on a Youtube binge, hopefully it's on the next solo album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx2AvMiiLJQ

Obama Yo Mama posted:

yes

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

MondayHotDog posted:

Saves The Day is my 2nd favorite band of all time, but man, that singer's got the worst voice in the world.

Excuse me, the Johnstones would like a word.

http://grooveshark.com/s/GGGETCGA/4hbib2?src=5

edit: nsfw language i guess

Smegbot
Jul 13, 2006

Mon the Biffy!

MondayHotDog posted:

There was a tweet a couple of weeks ago saying they were just waiting on the rights to Little Boxes to clear. I can't wait.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
Apple Stomp 2 is happening!! I don't know who else is gonna be there except the Bosstones, but it's gonna be wicked. Also, are any of you going on that Pietasters cruise? I just saw it. I wanna get on a drunk ska boat.

P.S:

Josh Wow posted:

If you (or anybody else) want a bunch of BTMI vinyl I'm selling all mine since I don't have a record player anymore and am lame. I've got:

- Album Minus Band (clear yellow)
-To Leave or Die in Long Island (yellow/blue/white) with lyric sheet. #106/156
-Goodbye Cool World (green with white specks)
-Get Warmer ( picture disc)
-Vacation (green/clear) with lyric sheet
-O Pioneers split (black with white streaks)
-Rick Johnson President's Day split (streaky gray) with lyric sheet

Also got some other random stuff:

-Catch 22 Keasbey Nights (white)
-Planet Smashers Self Titled (clear red)
-Planet Smashers Attack of the Planet Smashers (black)
-Mustard Plug In Black and White (streaky grey)
-Stuck Lucky/Arm The Poor split (black) misprint where the sides are labeled with the wrong band so they stamped "WE FUCT UP THIS IS NOT:" on each side.

Still trying to get rid of Attack of the Planet Smashers and In Black and White? :haw:

Lieutenant Dan fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 25, 2014

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Where'd you hear about the Bosstones? I haven't seen any bands announced

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Fateo McMurray posted:

Where'd you hear about the Bosstones? I haven't seen any bands announced

I saw it on their Facebook page, but I don't think there's an official lineup yet.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

guppy posted:

Excuse me, the Johnstones would like a word.

Oh right I forgot about them, that dude's the absolute worst

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Short West Coast Jeff Rosenstock tour with full band, first show in Oakland!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1490260471202289/

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Seeing RBF for like the 8th time tonight. Can't wait.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

It took me something like 15 times to stop seeing RBF.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I saw it on their Facebook page, but I don't think there's an official lineup yet.

I can't find it on the Bosstones or Apple Stomp pages. Seems weird to me. Bosstones seem like they'd be above Apple Stomp's band budget.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

TLG James posted:

Seeing RBF for like the 8th time tonight. Can't wait.

Same here, minus the 8 times part. I saw them last year in Lincoln and came down with chickenpox later that week, so let's see what I catch this time :v:

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Grandmaster.flv posted:

It took me something like 15 times to stop seeing RBF.

I've seen them close to 20 times, and I want to quit, I really do. But in April, they're playing here in Delaware, in a venue I can walk to in about 10 minutes. So yeah, I'm probably going again. At least the last time I saw them, they played a Forces of Evil song, so that was new.

Also, I am very anxiously awaiting the Apple Stomp 2 announcements. That was a fantastic show last year.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The only times I buy a ticket to a RBF show anymore is if I want to see their openers. I've left the last (at least) 3 RBF shows before they came out.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope they're still writing songs about wanting people's girlfriends when they're in their 50s

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Fateo McMurray posted:

The only times I buy a ticket to a RBF show anymore is if I want to see their openers. I've left the last (at least) 3 RBF shows before they came out.

this. I went to an RBF show in Jersey just to see Big D.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

Grandmaster.flv posted:

this. I went to an RBF show in Jersey just to see Big D.

I saw Big D open up for Flogging Molly once. Which was a weird show on a dry college campus.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Big D is one of those bands that are ok live, but just sound horrible on cd. At least to me.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Fateo McMurray posted:

Big D is one of those bands that are ok live, but just sound horrible on cd. At least to me.

Whoever is in charge of their recording, mixing and production for everything after The Gypsy Hill EP needs to find a different job. How it Goes is difficult to listen to because it sounds so bad, but other recordings of songs from that album are great.

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012
The new Planet Smashers album, Mixed Messages is streaming here:
http://exclaim.ca/MusicVideo/ClickHear/planet_smashers-mixed_messages_album_stream

They're on a 20th anniversary tour right now and my band was lucky enough to secure an opener spot for the Ottawa show. I'm more excited to get in free than anything else!

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Skillface posted:

http://exclaim.ca/MusicVideo/ClickHear/planet_smashers-mixed_messages_album_stream

They're on a 20th anniversary tour right now and my band was lucky enough to secure an opener spot for the Ottawa show. I'm more excited to get in free than anything else!

Came here to post this.
Tell them to come to Barrie for the love of all that's holy.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

I'm really hoping that they'll play Apple Stomp. At the very least, I've got a strong hunch that MU330 will be playing again, based on the fact that it looks like Dan P is starting a living room tour in NJ on June 2nd. But really, they need to announce that poo poo.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Skillface posted:

Wow it's really weird hearing trumpet in Planet Smashers music. The horns sounded like they were coming through a telephone on their last album, but this is a major improvement.

e: This album is very No Self Control

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 4, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Fat Wreck is re-pressing Just One More on May 15th when Dirty Rice comes out. They're taking pre-orders now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not available on iTunes yet :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AujlF3seB1s