Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oK-tHGhQ8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I absolutely loved that little glimpse into why Rick, this super scientist multiverse striding god, spends so much time with these people; without a wall to bounce off he's just a lonely old drunk. He can't be Bugs Bunny without someone close to him playing the opera singer.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Oh man I cannot wait for this. I love how much they're playing into the whole multi-dimensional time traveler thing.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

CoolCab posted:

I absolutely loved that little glimpse into why Rick, this super scientist multiverse striding god, spends so much time with these people; without a wall to bounce off he's just a lonely old drunk. He can't be Bugs Bunny without someone close to him playing the opera singer.

That was my favorite bit. Just that little fifteen second glimpse into how Rick really ticks when no one's around worked so well at explaining him.

And thanks for the preview link. I'm almost a little bummed at a council of Ricks, just because I sort of liked the lonely multiverse thing the show had going. I'm sure it'll be fine.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh, clearly he's guilty.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

What if the guilty Rick is the one that died and is buried in the back yard? And they just assume it's (our) Rick because he's in the dimension that all the murder portals came from?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

PostNouveau posted:

Oh, clearly he's guilty.

That's rick-diculous.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

:allears:

This show is incredible.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I really love Morty's nihilism approach to everything. Nobody is a s smart as Rick, who cares?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bobulus posted:

What if the guilty Rick is the one that died and is buried in the back yard? And they just assume it's (our) Rick because he's in the dimension that all the murder portals came from?

God I hope this happens.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Bobulus posted:

What if he then becomes guilty of Rickdentity theft?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Arrrthritis posted:

What if he then becomes guilty of Rickdentity theft?

That would just be Ricktarded.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

With all the multiverses out there there must be one where Morty's the nihilistic super genius and Rick's just a doddering old alcoholic grandpa.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
I laughed so hard when they cut to him dancing outside of his store with the Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUUUUUUUB

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

This is how Fred Phelps died, no one can convince me otherwise.

E; Oh and there has to be some The One references this next ep, maybe Ricks get smarter the fewer of them there are?

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 26, 2014

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUUUUUUUB

I love that they're keeping this as his catchphrase.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
When he did that in conjunction with the fart I thought they were planning to add a new "feature" each time he did it until it built up to something really complicated but not inherently funny, kind of like an aristocrats joke.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Avulsion posted:

Hell is just another dimension.
Really Rick is Mr. Fantastic especially looking at the next episode preview.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

achillesforever6 posted:

Really Rick is Mr. Fantastic especially looking at the next episode preview.

I was thinking that same thing and told my wife about that Fantastic Four story arc.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I'm surprised any number of Ricks could make a council of Ricks without getting bored. Also it seems like the kind of bureaucratic interfering thing that he thinks is a violation.

I liked all the different looking Ricks and Mortys though. robo Morty, one eyed Rick!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

QwertySanchez posted:

I'm surprised any number of Ricks could make a council of Ricks without getting bored. Also it seems like the kind of bureaucratic interfering thing that he thinks is a violation.
I'm guessing the Council of Ricks is a really part time thing. Every Rick is a member, but you probably only have to show up to meetings for important poo poo like next episode.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the Council time-traveled to the dimension of every single Rick in existence when he is working with Morty the age Morty currently is, and all of them have to come to the Council right then. I mean note that every single one of them was Grandpa Rick and they all had Mortys. Could be a "Incredibly reflective jury of your peers" thing.

Basically what I'm saying is if we were watching Rick and Morty's adventures from Dimension 33-F, where the only difference was that last week it was a wizard and not the Devil, we'd be getting a jury summons and then witnessing some rear end in a top hat mass murderer Rick being brought up on charges.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

QwertySanchez posted:

I'm surprised any number of Ricks could make a council of Ricks without getting bored.

I dunno, the other Ricks looked oddly sober. We'll have to wait and see what's up with that.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Unfortunately all I can think of after that preview is the Back to the Future parody comic where all the different Doc Brown's are having sex with each other.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Gromit posted:

Unfortunately all I can think of after that preview is the Back to the Future parody comic where all the different Doc Brown's are having sex with each other.

:stare: I'm morbidly curious... do you have a link?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I wonder if Dhoc and Marty will make a cameo appearance next episode?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Bobulus posted:

almost certainly is, because he's clearly much more reckless than Rick Prime

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Buzkashi posted:

For such a staunch atheist, Rick is hilariously nonplussed at meeting the actual literal Devil.

He also makes a big deal out of how the family celebrates Christmas, by telling them they should not be face first in electronics, because Jesus Christ, the savior, was born. Odd thing for a staunch atheist to complain about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcrzaeDNJcU

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 26, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
From PYF:

It's Gazorpahorse! :haw:

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Canned Panda posted:

He also makes a big deal out of how the family celebrates Christmas, by telling them they should not be face first in electronics, because Jesus Christ, the savior, was born. Odd thing for a staunch atheist to complain about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcrzaeDNJcU

That part read to me as more sarcastic chiding, honestly.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's Gazorpahorse! :haw:

Hey Wilbur, it's me, Mister Edzorpazorp. Boy, gently caress you, Wilbur.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I was watching the House of Cosbys shorts earlier,does anyone else think Roiland took inspiration for the Mr. Meeseeks voice from Curiosity Cosby?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Swan Curry posted:

I was watching the House of Cosbys shorts earlier,does anyone else think Roiland took inspiration for the Mr. Meeseeks voice from Curiosity Cosby?

You mean he inspired himself?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This show is very dedicated to silly names. In this episode: King Flippynips and Scroopy Nupers.

Jerry kinda dragged down the Pluto storyline by continuing to be too much of a one-note character. It feels like his insecurities completely dominate whatever storyline he's in.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

This show is very dedicated to silly names. In this episode: King Flippynips and Scroopy Nupers.

Jerry kinda dragged down the Pluto storyline by continuing to be too much of a one-note character. It feels like his insecurities completely dominate whatever storyline he's in.

Yes but he was only using actual tactics that global warming deniers use...

Unmature
May 9, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

That's a straightup Roiland-ism. When he improvs on his podcast all the names are things like that.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Paladinus posted:

You mean he inspired himself?

'Took inspiration' was probably the wrong way to say it.What I meant was that the two voices sound quite alike,and that it's interesting to see him adapt a voice from something he'd previously done and use it for a completely different character.

Was Beth only in the opening of the last episode?I don't remember seeing her anywhere else,and it's odd since they usually have all the family involved in one of the plots in some way or another.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Swan Curry posted:

'Took inspiration' was probably the wrong way to say it.What I meant was that the two voices sound quite alike,and that it's interesting to see him adapt a voice from something he'd previously done and use it for a completely different character.

I don't know man, seems pretty far-fetched to me. A creative person "borrowing" from older work. I don't think so.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

QwertySanchez posted:

I liked all the different looking Ricks and Mortys though. robo Morty, one eyed Rick!

Remember, its literally an infinite multi-verse full of ricks. There's no way that at least a few dozen wouldn't show up just to see another Rick on trial.

Bobulus posted:

Kinda hoping Croenenberg Rick shows up to clear the name of Show Rick in typical courtroom shocker fashion.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Mo0 posted:

That would just be Ricktarded.

Don't say something that polRICKtally incorrect.

Also I would make love to whoever got me a good GIF of Rick working out to use as an avatar.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm curious whether or not the next episode'll show Rick and Summer's weight-loss montage, since Rick at least seems to be back to his normal shape.

Maybe Summer'll stay jacked for the rest of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoopy Frood
May 1, 2008

Mameluke posted:

Maybe Summer'll stay jacked for the rest of the show.

That would be hilarious to me if they kept her looking like that for the rest of the series without any of the characters drawaing attention to it.

• Locked thread