Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
People post a lot of poo poo that La Liga is a two horse race. But their own leagues are not much better if at all.

I made this pie chart of the top five winners for the past fifty years for the four major leagues. I think it demonstrates the similarities pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lladre posted:

People post a lot of poo poo that La Liga is a two horse race. But their own leagues are not much better if at all.

I made this pie chart of the top five winners for the past fifty years for the four major leagues. I think it demonstrates the similarities pretty well.

I have no idea how to read this

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Lladre posted:

This is an incredible melt down

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Modus Trollens posted:

This is an incredible melt down

agreed, meltdown of 2014 thus far

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

vaginal culture posted:

I have no idea how to read this

All leagues are basically equally poo poo.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Did you really have to use a chart to demonstrate that all leagues were equally disproportionate in the amount of winners each league have? This is an innate thing that all football fans know.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Doesn't appear so. From the amount of poo poo posting in this thread.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

Did you really have to use a chart to demonstrate that all leagues were equally disproportionate in the amount of winners each league have? This is an innate thing that all football fans know.

I disagree, there's tons of people who come in here to point out that this is the "Sunny Scotland" thread or whatever. But that's more trolling, I doubt they need a pie chart so I guess...I don't disagree? Why did I post oh god :psyduck:

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
It's not the last fifty years people are complaining about, it's the last five or six.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
the pie chart that i made in the OP was a joke.

why did you make a serious pie chart?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lladre posted:

no one cares about the last 50 years though why did you make this chart

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Wouldn't it have been more effective and more valid to make a separate pie for each league? Otherwise, you're just comparing dynasties with other dynasties and showing that the big 2 in La Liga have been slightly more dominant than the big dynasties in other nations.

This is a stupid argument to have anyway.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I appreciated the pie chart, thank you.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The pie chart that shows TV income of La Liga vs TV income of other leagues across the participants is far more telling.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Notice how even tho Madrid has more titles the orange shade is clearly closer to barca colors. 😉

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Lladre posted:

Given that La Liga's "quarter" of the pie is larger than the others, it also shows that the top five La Liga winners have won more of the last 50 trophies than in other leagues. The other leagues have had more Blackburns and [small German club]s compared to La Liga.

La Liga: 46 of 50

Serie A: 42 of 50

Premier league: 40 of 50

Bundesliga: 38 of 50

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I like the colors, of your pie chart.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Paddyb posted:

I like the colors, of your pie chart.

Important to make that distinction in a thread about Spanish football.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

pik_d posted:

Given that La Liga's "quarter" of the pie is larger than the others, it also shows that the top five La Liga winners have won more of the last 50 trophies than in other leagues. The other leagues have had more Blackburns and [small German club]s compared to La Liga.

La Liga: 46 of 50

Serie A: 42 of 50

Premier league: 40 of 50

Bundesliga: 38 of 50

yea agreed 100% and also, thank you lladre for the pie chart it really got me out of a bad place

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Its basically a one or two horse race in every European league.

Pretty sure everyone already knew that.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
What a coincidence! The State's attorney that is in charge of the Neymar-fraud case was in the presidential box at the Bernabeu on Sunday.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

NattyBo posted:

What a coincidence! The State's attorney that is in charge of the Neymar-fraud case was in the presidential box at the Bernabeu on Sunday.

Rather foolish of Neymar to commit fraud again in front of him then imo.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
This pie chart has inspired me to make some of my own that help explain the league

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Suqit posted:

This pie chart has inspired me to make some of my own that help explain the league

Good try OP but it doesn't account for the Madrid players who are both gay AND fake.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Suqit posted:

Hmm this is some compelling data, but I feel the underlying assumptions are incorrect.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Suqit posted:

I have trouble parsing this pie chart, could you rework it into a graph for easier reading please?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Suqit posted:

A triangular graph would have been more suitable.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Suqit posted:

Gripping.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Lladre posted:

All leagues are basically equally poo poo.
Some people aren't suffering Stockholm Syndrome though.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

8raz posted:

Some people aren't suffering Stockholm Syndrome though.

Yes. Some people aren't.

Thank you for your contribution.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
Valdes :ohdear:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
omg Valdes just blew out his knee gently caress this gay Earth

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
RIP Valdes

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

NattyBo posted:

omg Valdes just blew out his knee gently caress this gay Earth

what was he doing

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

vaginal culture posted:

what was he doing

Knee buckled after a jump. poo poo luck :(

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

vaginal culture posted:

what was he doing

Non contact buckle he went down instantly and was writhing holding his knee.

Not like this...not like this...I can't believe this is how his Barça career is going to end

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
Come on Pinto you crazy gently caress time to earn that ponytail

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

NattyBo posted:

Non contact buckle he went down instantly and was writhing holding his knee.

Not like this...not like this...I can't believe this is how his Barça career is going to end

This is his second injury this season too, there're only like 6-7 weeks more of play left in the season so this is probably it for him.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Feel awful for Valdes and awful that Barça's title chances are hugely dented. Pinto is gonna cost us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Pinto is awful garbage

• Locked thread