Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Believe nothing you hear in the months leading to the draft. Nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xVDyi4Wprg

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

PrinceRandom posted:

ASJ is still looking nice.

ASJ's problem has never been his ability to play football. It's mostly that he's kind of stupid and takes plays off and doesn't try real hard around the plays he's already taking off.

Niklas looks really nice according to that breakdown while I am reinforced in my opinion that Amaro is far better than Ebron.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

b0ng posted:

Which QB's in the draft are known for their pre-snap reads and decision-making as much as Bridgewater is?

Few, if any, but Bridgewater has some major question marks w/r/t his frame, weight, and deep accuracy. On top of all that, Clowney is the elephant (linebacker :haw:) in the room.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't buy into the ASJ is lazy argument as anything other than old dumb scouts don't like it when football players have any interest outside of football, i.e. Brennan Williams last year. Scouts like Lattimers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsFBYq_h_J0
I've seen a couple of Seferian-Jenkins' interviews and he definitely doesn't strike me as stupid, though that isn't necessarily relevant to his football IQ.

ASJ isn't going to get great YAC, or force mismatches with his speed but he will be a good 3rd down/red zone target who can really help you as a blocker.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Eh I don't know how you can watch a Washington game without calling ASJ lazy. I also meant football stupid, not stupid stupid. As in he doesn't know when to come back to the QB or break off his route.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

bhsman posted:

Few, if any, but Bridgewater has some major question marks w/r/t his frame, weight, and deep accuracy. On top of all that, Clowney is the elephant (linebacker :haw:) in the room.

Again, this goes back to whether we believe O'Brien is telling the truth in this piece, even with the vagueness in the quotes of his. When O'Brien was first hired, the speculation was that he loved QB's with size and all that, and then it was he wants the team and the QB to be able to do a little of everything, now he is talking about pre-snap reads and adjustments specifically. You put it all together and the Texans are both interested and disinterested in every QB prospect in this draft but one will be drafted. I have no preference for whether they get Clowney, Bridgewater or Manziel but outside of those three at 1-1 I'd be a little disappointed.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

b0ng posted:

I have no preference for whether they get Clowney, Bridgewater or Manziel but outside of those three at 1-1 I'd be a little disappointed.

Well get used to disappointment I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

-ALLEN: We have a quarterback now that’s on par with the quarterbacks in this division.

Don't even bother, KC already beat that bullshit by calling Alex Smith the best quarterback in football :shepface:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Is Colt Lyerla still on people's radars or did the cocaine/lovely person thing render him undraftable?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

Is Colt Lyerla still on people's radars or did the cocaine/lovely person thing render him undraftable?

hahahaha if you think cocaine/lovely person is an undraftable red flag

Let me introduce you to one Jimmy Clausen.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

And Ryan Mallett.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Declan MacManus posted:

Quitting Oregon in October probably torpedoed most of his draftability.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

b0ng posted:

Quitting Oregon in October probably torpedoed most of his draftability.

Someone will take a chance on him in the 5th-7th.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Am I the only one who read college threads during the season that had a bunch of posts like "man that Bortles kid is doing well at UCF, that's pretty cool" then come draft time a whole bunch of NFL posters would rather slit their own throats then let him be their QBs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Alouicious posted:

Am I the only one who read college threads during the season that had a bunch of posts like "man that Bortles kid is doing well at UCF, that's pretty cool" then come draft time a whole bunch of NFL posters would rather slit their own throats then let him be their QBs

I'd be happy to let him be my QB at, say, the first pick of the second round

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Alouicious posted:

people in this thread don't watch college football

There's been lots of stuff about the Steelers going with Ebron in the first and I really hope that's not the case. Just going to keep hoping one of Evans, Dennard, and Gilbert are available when they pick

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
And to be fair there are probably 20 or so college quarterbacks every year where both reactions would be correct in any round.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

UCF was pretty under the radar for most of the year. They did not get any kind of national spotlight, and they play in a lovely conference with teams like Rutgers, SMU and South Florida. Honestly it was considered a joke conference for a while.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

UCF was pretty under the radar for most of the year. They did not get any kind of national spotlight, and they play in a lovely conference with teams like Rutgers, SMU and South Florida. Honestly it was considered a joke conference for a while.

don't worry the American is still a joke

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

quote:

quote:

-ALLEN: We have a quarterback now that’s on par with the quarterbacks in this division.

I think this is a smokescreen. I still think they grab Bridgewater and let him sit for a year or two behind Schaub in an ideal situation. Might be hard resisting Clowney or Mack if they are there though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

When is the last time a top 5 QB pick wasn't the day one starter?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

I think it might be Ringless Rivers?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

The highest I can think of was Ben who was drafted 11th and only started in the thrid game due to injury. Of course he ended being really drat good so he kept the job.

Edit: oh yeah Rivers, but to be fair he held out until the last week of pre-season so Brees was going to have that job regardless.

swickles fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 26, 2014

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah...I don't think anyone is drafting a QB that high to sit for a year or two.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehud posted:

Yeah...I don't think anyone is drafting a QB that high to sit for a year or two.

Eli, Rivers, Carson Palmer. They didnt sit more than a year but they still sat.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I think the Raiders know Bridgewater will not drop to them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Doltos posted:

Rivers sat two years

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

Those were all basically a decade ago. Things have changed a lot since then.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I think the Raiders have little enough talent that they'd rather go for players rated higher on their boards than grab a QB when they sort of have that covered next year.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Alouicious posted:

I don't remember anyone really talking about him in any of the GDT threads. I would guess the only times he would be talked about would be vs. Louisville (and I think more people were talking about Teddy) vs. Penn State and vs. Baylor. I think in terms of draft stuff he was only really talked about in the Baylor game, and he looked really bad there. IMO his rise is kinda inexplicable. I don't really get it.

Edit: Maybe the aftermath threads? I didn't really do much in those.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 26, 2014

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Ehud posted:

Vince Young didn't start until week 4 after Kerry Collins took a dump on the field

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Alouicious posted:

I really root for Zach Mettenberger but I wouldn't take him with a top five pick.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

bhsman posted:

I really root for Zach Mettenberger but I wouldn't take him with a top five pick.

No one would.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

I don't remember anyone really talking about him in any of the GDT threads. I would guess the only times he would be talked about would be vs. Louisville (and I think more people were talking about Teddy) vs. Penn State and vs. Baylor. I think in terms of draft stuff he was only really talked about in the Baylor game, and he looked really bad there. IMO his rise is kinda inexplicable. I don't really get it.

Edit: Maybe the aftermath threads? I didn't really do much in those.

I remember the Fiesta Bowl GDT vividly, everyone was onboard the Bortmobile p hard

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Alouicious posted:

I remember the Fiesta Bowl GDT vividly, everyone was onboard the Bortmobile p hard

There isn't a ton of cross-pollination despite sharing a forum

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

There isn't a ton of cross-pollination despite sharing a forum

THAT MAKES ME VERY SAD

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Nawid posted:

I think the Raiders know Bridgewater will not drop to them.
I assume they're going to trade down if possible unless there's someone they really want unexpectedly available at #5.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I think the Raiders have little enough talent that they'd rather go for players rated higher on their boards than grab a QB when they sort of have that covered next year.
McKenzie is one of those guys that follows his board rather than by need so he'd be doing that anyway. Course if a QB is highest on their board at the time it gives another excuse to trade down.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Alouicious posted:

I remember posting

a bunch.

Now, I've talked myself out of wanting him because I'm scared to love anyone.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MonsterWalk posted:

I remember posting

a bunch.

Now, I've talked myself out of wanting him because I'm scared to love anyone.

yeah that's a pretty good summary of that thread

man that game owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Roasted Donut posted:

No one would.

No poo poo?

• Locked thread