Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

Cromulent posted:

Is the coffee guy you're speaking of the "butter coffee" guy, or is it someone else?

They're not talking about Dave Asprey of Bullet Proof coffee fame, no, but Peter Giuliano, a guy who's an expert on coffee and had a ton of interesting poo poo to say.

Now that you sorta brought Asprey up, it's worth mentioning that Rogan discovered, via his friend Tait Fletcher, that Asprey's claims regarding mycotoxins was bullshit. Tait Fletcher made a similar rival "Caveman Coffee" brand, Asprey then publicly shat all over it to put down the competition, so Fletcher did some digging on Asprey's claims, doubted their validity, did some testing and found them to be horseshit. Rogan's pretty embarrassed about having spoken of mycotoxins for so long, but at least he mans up and owns his mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I love it. Asprey seemed like a dbag when he was on. No one can hold a candle to cliffy b though, that guy is the king of smug dorks.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Cliffy B knows it though. And he doesn't give a gently caress!

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

always be closing posted:

I love it. Asprey seemed like a dbag when he was on. No one can hold a candle to cliffy b though, that guy is the king of smug dorks.

Send him a PM. He's a goon.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
Jim Jeffries is loving hilarious. Funniest podcast in a while.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

ZeroDays posted:

It was a good podcast, Jims Star Wars on ecstasy story was funny. I did find it odd that Joe thought "The Phantom Menace" came out in the 80's though. Really?

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Birthday Cake posted:

It was a good podcast, Jims Star Wars on ecstasy story was funny. I did find it odd that Joe thought "The Phantom Menace" came out in the 80's though. Really?

Well it was the first movie so *snorkeling bong sounds* that's an easy mistake to make.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Brekelefuw posted:

Send him a PM. He's a goon.

What's his username? Guy never showed in the gears of war 2 thread to answer for his crimes.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Birthday Cake posted:

Maybe was thinking Ewok Adventures.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Hannibal Buress was unexpected. Will definitely give that a chance.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ZeroDays posted:

Glad to hear this. Joe just hasn't had many guest that I've been super interested in lately, but I was pretty excited when I saw on Twitter that Jim was going to be on. How bad was Redban? I've got a few more podcasts queued up to listen to before I get to that one.

EDIT: drat, Hannibal was on today. Gonna have to catch that one too.

XIII fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 26, 2014

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

always be closing posted:

What's his username? Guy never showed in the gears of war 2 thread to answer for his crimes.

Take a guess...

Cliffy B

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Based on this thread, goons seem to listen to Joe Rogan solely to get mad about it or find excuses to call him stupid.

It doesn't make me mad, but there's only so many times I can hear him bring up the same 4-5 topics regardless of who his guest is and not get bored. Combine that with redban's awkwardness and it just isn't all that enticing anymore. I don't know, when I first started listening I loved it too. Maybe in 3 years I'll check back and see if you still love hearing Joe's ideas on how only people who don't want to be president should be president and how when he was in the tank the other day he was thinking about how we should all vote online.

On the bright side this is the first time I've seen more than 2 or 3 new posts after not checking the thread for a couple days.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
It'd be better is Joe had to ability to understand what Hannibal is saying

...or if he could understand a joke.

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 26, 2014

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Evil Agita posted:

It'd be better is Joe had to ability to understand what Hannibal is saying

...or if he could understand a joke.

.....that's hilarious.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Hannibal and Jim Jeffries were great guests.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Hannibal ep got a lot better once Joe stopped talking about himself and his own interests.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Episodes like this Hannibal one are excellent, it's great to see an unknown comic getting some good quality airtime to crack good jokes. He's really funny too, I'll have to check out his specials.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Episodes like this Hannibal one are excellent, it's great to see an unknown comic getting some good quality airtime to crack good jokes. He's really funny too, I'll have to check out his specials.

Hannibal Buress is definitely not an unknown comic. He's a veteran.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Hannibal's albums are on spotify.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

indoflaven posted:

Okay, good, I'm not crazy. I wanted to post that same thing, but I listen to stand-up and podcast all day at work, so I thought maybe I was just more familiar with him than others.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

indoflaven posted:

Fair enough, I'd never heard of him before, but that's not hard to imagine. :)

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I'd never heard of Hannibal until I was just searching some of the comedians you see on Deathsquad on youtube and some stuff from Animal Furnance was in the recommendations. I really like his stuff. I just grabbed his new special but I haven't had time to sit down and watch it yet.

He was really quick and witty with his jokes just off the cuff bullshitting with Joe. Some guys who are funny on stage aren't like that or have lovely personalities for the conversational stuff.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I don't have much of an opinion about holistic remedies one way or the other (but lean towards bullshit) but I couldn't help but laugh super hard at the latest Adam Carolla interview where Joe calls bullshit, but starts every podcast shilling for the most snake oil-esque products I've ever heard.

Remember when Joe had some deal with killer bee honey and his pitch wasn't that it was better or anything, but just that killer bee honey is 'gangster as gently caress' and that's why you should buy it.

I love Joe Rogan.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 27, 2014

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Say what you want about Rogan but at least he is self aware of his meatheadedness.

e: also I think for his audience he has great sponsors. Dude isn't dumb when it comes to business.

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 27, 2014

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

-Atom- posted:

Remember when Joe had some deal with killer bee honey and his pitch wasn't that it was better or anything, but just that killer bee honey is 'gangster as gently caress' and that's why you should buy it.

I must have been on a listening hiatus when he had this sponsor, but would consider purchasing with a pitch as hilarious as that.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

hot sauce posted:

I must have been on a listening hiatus when he had this sponsor, but would consider purchasing with a pitch as hilarious as that.

Yeah, I really liked the honesty with it. It made me want to try it.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Killer bee honey has the Wu-Tang thing going for it too. I'd sooner buy that than a pocket vagina or brain pills.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Also latest Bertcast with Ari Shaffir has a 20 minute long debate whether it's still Obama's first term or there was another election.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pocket Billiards posted:

Also latest Bertcast with Ari Shaffir has a 20 minute long debate whether it's still Obama's first term or there was another election.

:stare::stare::stare::stare:

Like, conspiracy theory poo poo or out of complete ignorance to what's going on in the world? I've never listened to bertcast before but I will now...do you have a timestamp?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Like, conspiracy theory poo poo or out of complete ignorance to what's going on in the world? I've never listened to bertcast before but I will now...do you have a timestamp?

Ignorance. Just listen to the whole thing. It's a great episode.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Pocket Billiards posted:

Weed has no effect on memory. At all.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Just ignorance. They forgot about Mitt Romney.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
To be fair, so did the Republican party.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Good grief, I am not even 7 minutes into this and neither one of them can remember a specific detail about anything they're trying to talk about. Painful as all hell but I can't stop listening. This is all the anti-weed propaganda you need right here, folks.

Edit: fuckin lmfao

"You hear what Ozzy's wife did?"

"Who? Ozzy Osbourne?"

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 28, 2014

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

Best Eddie Bravo episode ever.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

So you mean one where he is a no show?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
New episode, with some farmer guy. I like his voice, and he seems to have some pretty sharp things to say about food.

EDIT: It's kind of a raw milk libertarian circle jerk

BottledBodhisvata fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 2, 2014

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Going to check it out. Fingers crossed it isn't a raw milk libertarian circle wank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

I would like to hear a podcast with Eddie Bravo completely blackout drunk, given the stories that are out there about "the Indian coming out".