Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
HDMI <-> H2O?

Why?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Captain Trips posted:

HDMI <-> H2O?

Why?

To connect your garden hose your graphics card obviously. Gotta keep it topped up.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Captain Trips posted:

HDMI <-> H2O?

Why?

The market is flooded.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Watercooling accessories have gotten weird.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

It's how you add liquid to your LCD TV.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Ah, I'm glad Hama has finally come out with a smart solution to attaching my garden hose to my TV. I was getting sick of all those dumbass half baked solutions.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

MeccaPrime posted:

It's how you add liquid to your LCD TV.
Do they have a plasma adapter?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

Do they have a plasma adapter?

Just don't cross the streams.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Trips posted:

HDMI <-> H2O?

Why?
High definition streaming.

Came here to post that picture.
Have a giant cat instead.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Captain Trips posted:

HDMI <-> H2O?

Why?

It's what you use when your video equipment is hosed.

I just want to know: If you connect the hose end to your toilet's drain fitting with adaptors, does that mean that you've got IP over HDMI?

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
Well, that's my dad's next Christmas present sorted.

Say Nothing posted:

High definition streaming.

Beautiful.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Exit Strategy posted:

I just want to know: If you connect the hose end to your toilet's drain fitting with adaptors, does that mean that you've got IP over HDMI?

"For questions, contact the water company or your gardener."

transient
Apr 7, 2005

the wildest rear end posted:

These two continue to be the best.

[/url]

I used to know his wife and she posted they're auctioning shirts. http://givingworks.ebay.com/adventure-in-nyc/

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Exit Strategy posted:

That just raises further question.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Exit Strategy posted:

This is the :psyduck:iest image I've seen in a while. I need to know why this came to be. It would be so simple to say it's Photoshopped, but it doesn't look that way. Is it some really elaborate, satirical art installation? MY BRAIN.

It reminds me of one of the joke boxes that The Onion sold back in the day (which I can't find now). It was a USB Toaster.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Railing Kill posted:

This is the :psyduck:iest image I've seen in a while. I need to know why this came to be. It would be so simple to say it's Photoshopped, but it doesn't look that way. Is it some really elaborate, satirical art installation? MY BRAIN.

It reminds me of one of the joke boxes that The Onion sold back in the day (which I can't find now). It was a USB Toaster.

I'm assuming it's a gag made up for the CES a few years back. HDMI at one point was said to be like a garden hose while DVI-D was like a fire hose, so it may be related to that. I can find other images of a similar item dating back a couple years, so it's not something new.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
:psyboom: doesn't begin to cover it. Wanting to know more, I google translated all the text on the packaging, and it all acts like it's the sort of product where if you need it, you know what it's for. All I know is you won't be needing extra audio cables to keep the highest quality sound without feedback per liter...

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
The only thing I can think of is that it's some monster-cable related bullshit that grounds your electronics using the waterlines through the HDMI port to eliminate background static distortions :downswords:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
It's probably a joke :ssh:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

BANME.sh posted:

It's probably a joke :ssh:

B-b-but...it's German!

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
This is true, after all Germans are known to be incapable of joking. Also something about engineering.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

So many questions

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

So many questions

I tried researching it further and only ended up with more questions, so don't bother.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

karl fungus posted:

This is true, after all Germans are known to be incapable of joking. Also something about engineering.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

karl fungus posted:

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
Laughs, dies.
End credits roll.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

...huh?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

http://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

You're Going to Jail.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Before I read the replies, and saw what it was, I thought that was HDMI to a 220V hookup.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Johnny Aztec posted:

Before I read the replies, and saw what it was, I thought that was HDMI to a 220V hookup.

If it were, that would be like a newer version of the etherkiller.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

the wildest rear end posted:

These two continue to be the best.

[/url]

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Just noticed this on the side of the box my TV came in :

Please keep Mr. Heisenberg in upright position.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

I'm assuming it's a gag made up for the CES a few years back. HDMI at one point was said to be like a garden hose while DVI-D was like a fire hose, so it may be related to that. I can find other images of a similar item dating back a couple years, so it's not something new.
I don't know how well-known Gardena is outside of Germany but their products are kind of infamous for their universal connection system and high number of very specialized attachments. It's less of a tech joke than a hobby gardener one.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Have a giant cat instead.

What's the story behind this?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Ak Gara posted:

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised.

I think Mrs Lady Stewart would be.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

the jizz taxi posted:

Depth perception?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

the jizz taxi posted:

Cat big

• Locked thread