Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

sardines are good as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

ZombieParts posted:

is it ok to eat sardine skeletons?

Gddamnit

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Cream_Filling posted:

goons continue their metamorphosis into prisoners

is it because sardines pair well with macaroni and toilet wine or do the prisoners just want to shank people with a can. personally,

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

Some places they put em on skewers but coat them in lemon and olive oil as their finishing grilling and then dust with salt...whoooaaaaa

add beer on a hot beach and you're good

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

FaradayCage posted:

Then you're ready for your sarDINES. No "Mr." Accent on the DINES.

The gently caress does this even mean. Never tried sardines. Lox with vegetable cream cheese on an onion bagel with sliced tomatoes onions capers is the motherfucking bomb.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

sardines are good as gently caress

pretty much on my last of bad smelling food that's really delicious

pro tip itt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHXXapn1ggA

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm kind of getting tired of sardines guys :(

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Frostwerks posted:

The gently caress does this even mean. Never tried sardines. Lox with vegetable cream cheese on an onion bagel with sliced tomatoes onions capers is the motherfucking bomb.

jew spotted. i'm notifiying gbs palestinian officials

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
hey man lox and bagels are the hebrew peoples greatest contribution to the world

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Frostwerks posted:

hey man lox and bagels are the hebrew peoples greatest contribution to the world

you're right bagels and lox are good. we're best friends now

naem
May 29, 2011

I enjoy the conradery we've build here and I'd even join a crew! But I can't keep eating all these sardines you know?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Frostwerks posted:

dunno stealing two things and then selling them as a unit is hardly a contribution

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Frostwerks posted:

The gently caress does this even mean.

It means you should have watched more Nickelodeon as a kid and you would have gotten the reference.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

skelongton god posted:

I enjoy the conradery we've build here and I'd even join a crew! But I can't keep eating all these sardines you know?

You ate like ten cans in the space of a couple days.

I mean, props - but you can probably dial back a bit.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Kimmalah posted:

It means you should have watched more Nickelodeon as a kid and you would have gotten the reference.

i watched a shitton of nickelodeon as a kid but i dont recognize the reference!!@!!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

FaradayCage posted:

i agree with this naem you need to cut back on the sardines you're a loose cannon

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Christmas Miracle posted:

i agree with this naem you need to cut back on the sardines you're a loose cannon

No, never cut back on the 'dines, they'll make you powerful.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

No, never cut back on the 'dines, they'll make you powerful.

don't eat them more than once a day though for reals

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Frostwerks posted:

i watched a shitton of nickelodeon as a kid but i dont recognize the reference!!@!!

Should have stayed up later and watched Are You Afraid of the Dark. :v:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

don't eat them more than once a day though for reals

You're not anyone's dad.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

skelongton god posted:

are you switching your recipes up?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

wow. i do not remember this character at all.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
It's almost grilling weather and the grocery store near my work has fresh sardines.

:cool:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

kippers and a fried egg for breakfast

Tried that for dinner last night. Tasted great.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

FaradayCage posted:

or you can just enjoy the nonstop fish-oil shits, your choice

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

bathroom sounds posted:

fresh sardines.

:vince:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

bathroom sounds posted:

It's almost grilling weather and the grocery store near my work has fresh sardines.

take pictures seriously i wanna see how to grill fresh sardines. do you have to descale them? how does grilling fresh sardines work? i could google it but i only trust gbs

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

had some brunswick sardines today. it was five big sardines in a can. i didn't like them as much as king oscar's but they were a dollar cheaper and really pretty good. i ate them on crackers with a bunch of yellow mustard and garlic pickles i made

Firmy Shoyombo
Apr 3, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Any thoughts on canned smoked oysters, goons?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Firmy Shoyombo posted:

they're real good. i like to empty out the water from the can and put like a tbsp of vinegar in there, then eat them on crackers with some fresh parsley

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

had some brunswick sardines today. it was five big sardines in a can. i didn't like them as much as king oscar's but they were a dollar cheaper and really pretty good. i ate them on crackers with a bunch of yellow mustard and garlic pickles i made

Those are the kind my dog likes (she only gets the ones packed in spring water, not the flavored ones.) They're a little too fishy for me.

These, on the other hand, I save for myself. The best ones are the sardinillas with piquillo peppers, but they're really hard to find.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Firmy Shoyombo posted:

ive got some right now that im goiong to eat and I need a way to spice em up a little. Theres hot sauce but its getting a little boring.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

bathroom sounds posted:

yeah seriously take some pics of those for your fellow gbs sardine enthusiasts :cheers:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i've always been terrified of canned oysters but maybe i'll try it. i mean oysters are a really hit or miss thing usually even with fresh ones though, so i'm wary

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

all of this loooks gross

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Am I the only one that likes smoked mussles?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i just don't know about that... a bridge too far. random canned shellfish is wading into dangerous waters

Iucounu
May 12, 2007

Here's a tip for your 'dine can disposal needs: Buy some cheap store brand ziplock sandwich bags and seal the cans in there prior to throwing them away. Prevents nasty smells for those who don't want to take out the trash on a daily basis.

naem
May 29, 2011

Or you could rinse them with delicious tapwater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bonzo posted:

Am I the only one that likes smoked mussles?

Smoked shellfish is always way more hit or miss for me. Even in the same brand some cans taste nice and some taste like charcoal trash.

• Locked thread