Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

hcreight posted:

Something tells me once people start putting Rust Cohle rants to that footage, you're going to see some appallingly dark poo poo.

True Detectives that good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hcreight posted:

Something tells me once people start putting Rust Cohle rants to that footage, you're going to see some appallingly dark poo poo.
This is the best idea.

They came GWARmed.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Few things simultaneously hilarious and sad than old punk nostalgia.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

comes along bort posted:

I know, and poo poo these kinds of places were super judgmental. All the freaks and weirdos would go, but if you weren't conforming to the kind of freaks and weirdos that they were, they'd kick you out or worse.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I wonder when they're gonna do a doc on L'Amour.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

twistedmentat posted:

I know, and poo poo these kinds of places were super judgmental. All the freaks and weirdos would go, but if you weren't conforming to the kind of freaks and weirdos that they were, they'd kick you out or worse.

Stop judging them you fascist.

E:
Moment of Zen holy gently caress

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hahahaha the "raise the x-wing" scene from empire strikes back

comes along bort posted:

CBGB, City Gardens, and the like were Gen X's version of Woodstock- everyone was there, man.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MariusLecter posted:

Stop judging them you fascist.

I'm speaking from personal experience. Been to enough dingy punk clubs to get the stink eye from the patrons. Got the poo poo kicked out of me because they thought I was a cop.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

twistedmentat posted:

I'm speaking from personal experience. Been to enough dingy punk clubs to get the stink eye from the patrons. Got the poo poo kicked out of me because they thought I was a cop.

I wasn't being serious, sorry you got beat up by idiots.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

twistedmentat posted:

Pretty sure he was not being serious with that comment.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MariusLecter posted:

I wasn't being serious, sorry you got beat up by idiots.

I've been poe'd! And yea, because I don't have any tats or piercings, was just wearing a hoodie and jeans, they assumed I was a cop come to bust them, not because I love raw energetic punk. That was one of the reasons many musican historians feel killed the first wave of punk, when the uniform become more important than the music.

Jimmy Carter? Awesome!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Haha that was ice cold.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jimmy Carter was right, yall.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Hey America, remember the crazy 70s? When we elected an actual Christian as president? Crazy times, man!

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Carter with these jabs "you only respect the state department when a Republican is in office"

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

hcreight posted:

This was the very first thing that popped into my head when he got to #mcconnelhey. Definitely going to need to see that.

Well, I couldn't resist:

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=nrdTX8m5G98&video_start=0&audio=7rfm3Iz92xA&audio_start=0

These are kind of scary and beautiful:

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=nrdTX8m5G98&video_start=0&audio=hTnNsIgQArM&audio_start=0

Hahahha the super cut of all his depressing poo poo is pretty hilarious:

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=nrdTX8m5G98&video_start=0&audio=GSWZ63-AVXs&audio_start=0

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 26, 2014

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I hope when the Carter Library plays this episode on loop, they'll cut the reference to the Argo movie.

Also...

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

BigRed0427 posted:

Well it's also Jessica was saying, Putin does not give a poo poo. He probably doesn't give a poo poo about what we do. Plus anything that critizes him, he probably uses as a campaign tool back home to rally supporters.

I'm surprised they didn't cover the response by that one Russian oligarch saying he was "honored" to be on the sanctions list, like The Bugle did.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I am just watching this Jimmy Carter interview. Holy poo poo. Jimmy Carter is more lucid and thoughtful as a Christian thinker in his 90s than the sum total value of every spiritual 'thought' emitted by every president since.

I'm now super loving depressed we got 8 years of Reagan and only 4 years of a politically handicapped Jimmy Carter. I don't want to live in this country anymore.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Carter's presidency wasn't a bed of roses. Zbigniew Brzezinski should be rotting in the Pelican Bay SHU alongside Rumsfeld, Cheney, and every other member of PNAC.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I should probably make it clear I'm not giving him a free pass but I definitely admire him post-presidency and it's not very hard to think 8 years of Reagan has done more damage than 4 more of Carter could have possibly done.

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama

Y-Hat posted:

hahahaha the "raise the x-wing" scene from empire strikes back

CBGB, City Gardens, and the like were Gen X's version of Woodstock- everyone was there, man.

Goddamn motherfucking right.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Once again, a case of "freedom" meaning the exact opposite.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

Once again, a case of "freedom" meaning the exact opposite.
Freedom of religion applies to Christianity only!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Welp, looks like yet another 5-4 decision that will please Republicans. What's the loving point of these hearings when everyone's made up their mind before arguments have started?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

At this point, corporations actually have more rights than humans, don't they.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

Welp, looks like yet another 5-4 decision that will please Republicans. What's the loving point of these hearings when everyone's made up their mind before arguments have started?

Think of them as life long senators 99% of the time they vote the party line

IE #1 reason to vote for hillary even if you hate her.

raditts posted:

I am sure that if you where to pour oil in the ocean for weeks at a time you would go to jail, or caused the loss of trillions of dollars.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

If there was a healthcare plan based only on Biblical principles, it would somehow be the highest selling plan with the people in this country.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

raditts posted:

Since the 19th century in American jurisprudence.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Here we go.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Somehow I knew this was coming when Sam Bee was dressed in all black.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oh god is it Fox fanfiction time with Samantha?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Close, it's every one (wo)man show ever.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

Oh god is it Fox fanfiction time with Samantha?
MSNBC, apparently.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
They weren't harsh enough on the beltway insider starfuckerness of Morning Joe.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

comes along bort posted:

They weren't harsh enough on the beltway insider starfuckerness of Morning Joe.
Or on Mika's stupidity. The apple falls very fall from the tree.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Y-Hat posted:

Or on Mika's stupidity. The apple falls very fall from the tree.

To be fair, she's pretty well loaded on ambien and Irish coffee about 20 minutes in every morning.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

TO LOOOOK FOR POOORN!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sports is just so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

If the Secret Service can't resist Amsterdam, no one can.

• Locked thread