Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Our Elite Four team will be Shedinja and 5 Poochyenas/Mightyenas, just you watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
And the Shedinja will still be level 20 because it will never win against anything, even matches that should be a closed case in our favor.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Blaziken386 posted:

If we have any pokeballs the only thing they'll be able to do with them is get more Poocheyena.

Good, A needs more guide dogs.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Blaziken386 posted:

If we have any pokeballs the only thing they'll be able to do with them is get more Poocheyena.
I'm mystified that they haven't caught a Wingull. I assume they're deliberately trying not to, but it's easier to count the number of routes you can't catch it on.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Magneton's at like 1 hp. Is it happening this time?

edit: nope, Super Potion.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I wasn't expecting a Shedinja, rather understandably I think. Zexy being released, that I probabably should've seen coming. Was Cacturne Gen III, they should get one of those if so.

I love all these Poochyenas though. :3:

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

notoriousman posted:

I'm mystified that they haven't caught a Wingull. I assume they're deliberately trying not to, but it's easier to count the number of routes you can't catch it on.

They don't have surf yet, so their access to wingull is limited for now.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

McDragon posted:

Was Cacturne Gen III, they should get one of those if so.

Yes it is, but we're not going to have access to one until after the next gym, which is a LONG way away.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

McDragon posted:

Was Cacturne Gen III, they should get one of those if so.

He sure is. He's in the desert in Route 111 which is just north of Mauville. But we can't get into the desert without some snazzy goggles.

Flannery at least shouldn't be a problem herself. Azumarill should fix her little red wagon just fine, assuming he doesn't get released by then because we have a lot of plot poo poo to do between Wattson and Flannery.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

CuwiKhons posted:

He sure is. He's in the desert in Route 111 which is just north of Mauville. But we can't get into the desert without some snazzy goggles.

Flannery at least shouldn't be a problem herself. Azumarill should fix her little red wagon just fine, assuming he doesn't get released by then because we have a lot of plot poo poo to do between Wattson and Flannery.

The main problem we'll have with Flannery is just getting through her gym. You've got both geysers that warp you between floors, and ledges. The gym is full of ledges. :getin:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Blaziken386 posted:

The main problem we'll have with Flannery is just getting through her gym. You've got both geysers that warp you between floors, and ledges. The gym is full of ledges. :getin:

Not to mention the town itself has ledges off to the right, that if you go off of you have to do another circuit around Mt. Chimney. :smithicide:

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Come to think of it every gym besides Norman's is going to be absolute hell to navigate. I can't wait :allears:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Gen 3 best gen

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I hope we somehow pick up a Trapinch. Flygon owns so hard.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It's been 4 loving days and they still are stuck on gym 3. Amazing

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
Well I suppose this could be worse, at least were fighting Watson in the electric gym and not Elesa from gen 5, the closest thing those games have to a Whitney. She actually know about type coverage and has 2 electric/flying Pokemon to counter ground and grass types. on and if you get past that her last Pokemon knows flame charge just in case you thought you were safe. Also her signature move is Volt Switch a 70 attack power attack that also lets you use swap Pokemon. So not only would we be wiping to her, we wouldn't even be getting EXP for KO some of her team because she would be constantly swapping them out. The only upside would be that at least her gym would be less a pain in the butt to get through

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

I'm imagining a horde of friendly little Omanytes swarming over the world to hug everyone with their little blue mustaches

:3:

I hope there are wondertrade statistics available, I want to see how big a surge of Omanyte wondertrades there are on Easter

E: https://soundcloud.com/westjgames/praise-the-helix-westj-remix

Someone did a dance remix of praise the helix and it's wonderful

Magres fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 26, 2014

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Magres posted:

I'm imagining a horde of friendly little Omanytes swarming over the world to hug everyone with their little blue mustaches

I hope there are wondertrade statistics available, I want to see how big a surge of Omanyte wondertrades there are on Easter

The downside of that is that Omanyte's base steps to hatch is ~7500 instead of ~5000.
Now I kind of want to send out a dozen or so kabuto that day to counter it. Name them things like "domecracy" or "The Anti-Helix"

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Magres posted:

E: https://soundcloud.com/westjgames/praise-the-helix-westj-remix

Someone did a dance remix of praise the helix and it's wonderful
I wonder how many people are going to do this, but with Kabuto instead? :v:
Edit

Blaziken386 posted:

The downside of that is that Omanyte's base steps to hatch is ~7500 instead of ~5000.
Now I kind of want to send out a dozen or so kabuto that day to counter it. Name them things like "domecracy" or "The Anti-Helix"
Oh hey.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 26, 2014

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Why does Shedninja learn leechlife?

pitlo
Dec 30, 2004

You won't get anything
done by planning.
Shedinja could completely solo this gym. Only problem is when it gets paralyzed, it never allows fury cutter to get up to its maximum damage. It's gonna spend 15 turns pinging away at Magneton. More than enough time for a confusion to stick.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

VaultAggie posted:

Oh god yes, Flygon is bar none my favorite Gen III pokemon. Getting a Trapinch up to that part is a pain in the rear end though, and I don't think the lil' guy is going to be useful enough to get enough exp to evolve.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

SWMadness posted:

Oh god yes, Flygon is bar none my favorite Gen III pokemon. Getting a Trapinch up to that part is a pain in the rear end though, and I don't think the lil' guy is going to be useful enough to get enough exp to evolve.
Yes, Flygon is great. Had one named Hummingway in my emerald play through. :3:

Oh, it'd be great to see TPP catch a numel. Camerupt is one of my favorites too.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
It's probably way too complex for the mob, but if we could just get more pokemon, we could switch out Shedinja whenever it gets confused to avoid damaging ourselves.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Gen 3 was my favorite generation, due to having Flygon and Breloom. A giant dragonfly and a mushroom dinosaur.

I'm perfectly okay with A being a dog trainer, though.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
This thread is way too big to back track: does anyone have the photo of the TPP art that was put in a college newspaper? It was just the ash and pikahcu sprites from yellow with made up with direction commands.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I figured out what really happened to Zexy

Slashie gonna murder you Wattson~

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Why does Shedninja learn leechlife?

Because it inherits all the moves that Nincada had before it evolved.

VaultAggie posted:

Well the good news is that we can't run away from a Trapinch with arean trap so there's a better chance we could actually catch one assuming we don't waist all are balls on more poonchenas on our way there.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Trapinch has 100 base Attack and comes with Sand Attack aka The Best Move Ever, so we should get some use out of it if we can obtain one.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Some of the fanart from Zexy getting released is really cool, this person's interpretation is that Zexy's spirit guides Shedinja to battle

http://jack-kaiser.deviantart.com/art/TPP-We-Serve-Even-in-Death-442860601

I really want them to get the Will-O-Wisp TM and teach it to Shedinja so Zexy can make guest reappearances burning our enemies to a crisp.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Magres posted:

Some of the fanart from Zexy getting released is really cool, this person's interpretation is that Zexy's spirit guides Shedinja to battle

http://jack-kaiser.deviantart.com/art/TPP-We-Serve-Even-in-Death-442860601

I really want them to get the Will-O-Wisp TM and teach it to Shedinja so Zexy can make guest reappearances burning our enemies to a crisp.

Dang, that's awesome. There's some other cool stuff in their gallery too.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Slate Action posted:

Trapinch has 100 base Attack and comes with Sand Attack aka The Best Move Ever, so we should get some use out of it if we can obtain one.

Doubt it. Dark type is Special for some unearthly reason, and the only type poor Trapinch can attack with until level 25.

When it learns Sand Tomb of all things. Then Dig somewhere in he 40s.

Don't you love it when stat spreads and movesets clash terribly?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

The Bee posted:

Doubt it. Dark type is Special for some unearthly reason, and the only type poor Trapinch can attack with until level 25.

When it learns Sand Tomb of all things. Then Dig somewhere in he 40s.

Don't you love it when stat spreads and movesets clash terribly?

I was thinking maybe we could teach it Strength? Would we have Strength by that point? I can't remember.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Slate Action posted:

I was thinking maybe we could teach it Strength? Would we have Strength by that point? I can't remember.

Yeah, we get strength as soon as we clear out the Rustboro/Vandruf Tunnel with rock smash.

The problem is, we can only get Trapinch after we defeat Flannery.

Oh, and I just realized we cannot get the Root or Claw fossil. How unfortunate.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Does Rollout just have poo poo accuracy? Because seriously.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Killing Vector posted:

90% accuracy, which might as well be poo poo when the entire move relies on attacking multiples in a row without missing.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Killing Vector posted:

it has a 90% accuracy, which turns into about 0% when we need it to hit.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
With the noted exception of Whitney's Miltank, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

notoriousman posted:

With the noted exception of Whitney's Miltank, of course.

We cleared Whitney in the Gen2 run partly because Miltank missed Rollout like three times in six attacks.

The Rollout accuracy stat is a complete lie.

Blaziken386 posted:

Dang, that's awesome. There's some other cool stuff in their gallery too.

I really like their style and how it's (intentionally, imo) messy. It adds extra feeling to the stuff they draw

• Locked thread