Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

ICHIBAHN posted:

Who am I to force my opinion onto someone.

Seems like you couldn't even force it onto yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Homura posted:

Seems like you couldn't even force it onto yourself

Haha yeah drat dude.

*BIG RANT ABOUT HOW poo poo IT WAS* "I liked it though..."

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Fuckin hell.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I always end up liking the shows with Max Rushden. He kinda sucks, but so do most of the panel so the show has a much better flow.

Jimbo owns but sometimes he's really condescending to the Guardian hacks and it makes for awkward listening.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

blue footed boobie posted:

I always end up liking the shows with Max Rushden. He kinda sucks, but so do most of the panel so the show has a much better flow.

Jimbo owns but sometimes he's really condescending to the Guardian hacks and it makes for awkward listening.

Jimbo's speech impediment bugs me as well when on a podcast.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

Jimbo's speech impediment bugs me as well when on a podcast.

He has a speech impediment?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

He has a speech impediment?

It's a slight one, but if you listen (and it'll bug the poo poo out of you once you notice it, so be warned), he'll have moments where his sentences, especially where Rs are involved, become sort of slurred together then become normal again, almost like someone randomly pressing on a vinyl record briefly as it plays, then letting go. If I can be bothered, next time I notice it I'll grab an excerpt from the mp3 of the podcast.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
I liked the last Max Rushden one (I think), where Barry was just continually needling him about the abuse he was getting for being terrible. He's started to take it in his stride a bit so it's not as funny now though, it just comes across as him not having any control over the guests.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
the mock American accents on the Ramble has me in tears on the bus.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

britishbornandbread posted:

the mock American accents on the Ramble has me in tears on the bus.

Ramble was excellent, again. I was even laughing at the pisstaking out of United. Disagree with their views on Rooney's goal though :colbert:

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

It's funny when Jimbo takes the piss out of them and they don't even realise. Also Max Rushden is good.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
What are everyone's thoughts on Tony Evans on The Game? I find his voice so grating that even when I agree with his point (rarely) I want to disagree out of principle.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Right, Jacob Steinberg. He has absolutely no craic about him whatsoever. A total charismatic blackhole. I don't really mind his writing (except when he decides to pettily one-up every snarky email he receives during a mbm), but they have to realise he is podcasting black death.

Also he must be less than 30 and he sounds completely bored and jaded by the business of watching football every week. Cheer up you miserable fucker!

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I've decided I like James Horncastle and Paul MacInnes. is this ok podcast thread??

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
I'd say they're pretty good.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Jacob Steinberg is literally about 23 isn't he?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Raffles posted:

Right, Jacob Steinberg. He has absolutely no craic about him whatsoever. A total charismatic blackhole. I don't really mind his writing (except when he decides to pettily one-up every snarky email he receives during a mbm), but they have to realise he is podcasting black death.

Also he must be less than 30 and he sounds completely bored and jaded by the business of watching football every week. Cheer up you miserable fucker!

He basically sounds like a goon to me.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Is Steinberg the one that sounds a bit effeminate, has a sort of lisp and supports Norwich?

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
He's the West Ham fan.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Ninpo posted:

Is Steinberg the one that sounds a bit effeminate, has a sort of lisp and supports Norwich?

I think that's McInnis, but there are a bunch of them that are basically the same to me. Pretty much anyone without a really distinctive accent (for someone not from the UK).

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
I like the Ramble but it always sounds as if the speed is set to x 1.5 and they laugh a bit too much.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I am OK posted:

I like the Ramble but it always sounds as if the speed is set to x 1.5 and they laugh a bit too much.

Laughing? On a comedy podcast? :monocle:

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
It's constant though! Like there's a laugh button and it's jammed.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Raffles posted:

You won't like today's then :haw:

I am OK posted:

It's constant though! Like there's a laugh button and it's jammed.

Eh it's a few blokes talking poo poo about football that don't take themselves too seriously and have a laugh. It's what podcasts used to be like before the Guardians got hold of them. Sometimes they laugh hysterically at things I didn't find particularly funny, but funny is highly subjective and I imagine there's quite a lot of in jokes involved in the overreactions to simply amusing things. It's not a big deal and even with its flaws it's far far more entertaining than FW imo.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 27, 2014

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I echo Ninpo's comments. I listen to FW and enjoy it but for me the Ramble is the best game in town.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I echo Ninpo's comments. I listen to FW and enjoy it but for me the Ramble is the best game in town.

It is. I basically only listen to FW for Jimbo because the Guardian panel is almost always horrible. The only people they ever have on who know anything are Auclair, Sid Lowe, and Honigstein, and they can all be really annoying.

I do agree with I am OK though. It's Marcus' fault that they all sound wound up because he sets the pace for the show and he speaks a mile a minute. The laughing (I assume it's a laugh track?)can seem unnatural at times. The Ramble still owns though.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

It is. I basically only listen to FW for Jimbo because the Guardian panel is almost always horrible. The only people they ever have on who know anything are Auclair, Sid Lowe, and Honigstein, and they can all be really annoying.

I do agree with I am OK though. It's Marcus' fault that they all sound wound up because he sets the pace for the show and he speaks a mile a minute. The laughing (I assume it's a laugh track?)can seem unnatural at times. The Ramble still owns though.

There isn't a laugh track on the Ramble o.O

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

There isn't a laugh track on the Ramble o.O

Well, not a laugh track like they have in TV, but a lot of radio dj's will record their own laugh and then use that recording to make it sound like they're making themselves lol like crazy at every joke.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Well, not a laugh track like they have in TV, but a lot of radio dj's will record their own laugh and then use that recording to make it sound like they're making themselves lol like crazy at every joke.

I don't think they are doing that.

I think they all just find themselves very funny.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

what the gently caress are you on about pal I'm out shagging every night

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I hate lad culture.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

jyrka posted:

I hate lad culture.

:wth: you w0t m8?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

jyrka posted:

I hate lad culture.

think everyone on TFR and FW does too?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

think everyone on TFR and FW does too?

Is the Ramble not lad culture?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

jyrka posted:

I'm not quite sure what lad culture is but the ramble just seem like a bunch of nerds.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

jyrka posted:

you are being serious? uhh..

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

you are being serious? uhh..

Yeah, I am. Judging by the replies The Ramble is far from lad culture? Is it like chavs then? I thought lads were better than chavs? Can someone post the whole hierarchy of English men please?

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision
The Ramble is basically full of average blokes tbh, nothing laddish about it. If anything they are a bit nerdy, football weekly though is full of posh cunts.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
The Ramble is pretty laddy. But as a lad who loves a bit of bantz, it's good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

I am OK posted:

The Ramble is pretty laddy. But as a lad who loves a bit of bantz, it's good to me.

lol no it isn't. it's just average banter. I don't think you get lad culture.