Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

precision posted:

I was only surprised that Mud is really good because I hadn't heard anyone talk about it.

It makes a great 2013-coming-of-age double bill with The Kings of Summer, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

precision posted:

I was only surprised that Mud is really good because I hadn't heard anyone talk about it.

I am glad to have sparked so much discussion on "Bones (Owning Of)".

Me too since that phrase, as the kids say these days, owns many bones.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Of course it's well known. It was never true though.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is yall. The dude they photoshopped out is McConaughey's bad career. That makes you all freakin Stalin.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That makes me Trotsky.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guys we have to pinpoint the exact point McConaughey started owning bones

It's important and if you disagree with me you're all Stalin

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dazed and Confused. Exact point he started owning bones full-time was The Lincoln Lawyer.

DISCUSSION OVER

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ossification begins to occur at approximately 3 months.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Ossification begins to occur at approximately 3 months.
Yes, but at what point does the proprietary post-ossification-wealth transfer ownership?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

Guys we have to pinpoint the exact point McConaughey started owning bones

Prior to The Lincoln Lawyer, Matthew McConaughey made use of bones infrequently enough that it made sense for him to just rent them when necessary. But like buying a tuxedo once you have to use it several times a year, from 2011 on McConaughey has owned his own bones, and we've all been the luckier for it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Someone post that clip from a few years ago where some guest on The Daily Show was talking about McConaughey and did a hilarious impression of him in a bit which had the premise that, every scene he was in, he asked the director if he should take his shirt off.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Slamhound posted:

Yes, but at what point does the proprietary post-ossification-wealth transfer ownership?

It could be argued that until his 18th birthday any bones he possessed are actually owned by his parents.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I heard that Matthew McConaughey was responsible for the ending to Battlestar Galactica.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I heard that Matthew McConaughey was responsible for the ending to Battlestar Galactica.

Sort of. As it turned out the whole series wasn't in purgatory, but the last season was kind of a "flash-side" to the inside of McConaughey's inner psyche, where everyone had to stay until the group was reunited/progressed enough to earn moving on.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

All of this has happened before and will happen again; time is a flat circle; I get older, they stay the same age.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
This is the Matt Damon impression:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6niC0hlgX0

I thought Breckin Meyer's was really funny too (starts about 2:30 in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSvjUCHsn6k

Twee as Fuck fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 26, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

zoux posted:

This is yall. The dude they photoshopped out is McConaughey's bad career. That makes you all freakin Stalin.

This thread has had its low points, but this right here, this is the sign of one of the good times.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Speaking of McConaughey owning bones, TV chat: finally getting around to True Detective. Two episodes in so far and it's great poo poo. I like how the case is sort of a backdrop and reflection of Rust and Marty's character development.

And how about those opening credits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRo3ylqqJrg

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone should make one of those to the Friends theme. Those are always the best.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's always good times with me around.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
>TV IV Couch Chat: "Welcome to the Matthew McConaughey tribunal."

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Spatula City posted:

>TV IV Couch Chat: "Welcome to the Matthew McConaughey war crimes tribunal."

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Was somebody here or in an earlier thread plugging The Real Husbands of Hollywood? I picked it up off Netflix despite never giving a poo poo about Kevin Hart; I thought the bits of his act that I've seen in commercials were obnoxious, and I've had very little exposure to him otherwise.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the episode and a half I've seen, though. He's a GREAT comic rear end in a top hat.

EDIT: Holy hell, and the fight in the third episode is one of the best laughs I've had this week.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 26, 2014

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

Joramun posted:

And how about those opening credits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRo3ylqqJrg

Oh yeah I love em. It gets the ethereal noir feel of the show down perfectly. What song is that, by the way? It sounds like the singer from The Magnetic Fields but I don't know the song.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh yeah I love em. It gets the ethereal noir feel of the show down perfectly. What song is that, by the way? It sounds like the singer from The Magnetic Fields but I don't know the song.

It's "Far From Any Road" by The Handsome Family.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

What song is that, by the way? It sounds like the singer from The Magnetic Fields but I don't know the song.

That's "Far From Any Road" by The Handsome Family.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its funny watching old episodes of Law & Order and seeing people you only hear about later as tiny guest stars. Like the episode on WGN right now, "Untitled" has Steven Ogg (Trevor in GTA:V) as an artist. Also watching an episode the other day I saw Kevin Daniels from Sirens as an extra with a small speaking part.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

Thank ya both!

Also yeah McConaughey took all kinds of poo poo roles for a long time; all I was saying is that last year it wasn't unexpected that he was good in a good movie. This tangent has been hella funny though so I'm glad I started it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
Am I crazy for thinking that Jake McLaughlin is a really terrible actor? I tried to watch the second episode of 'Believe' to see if it got better, and I could only make it 10 minutes. Normally I expect it to be the child actor that is the problem, but the little girl acted circles around him. I watch 'Revolution', 'Falling Skies' and other terrible sci-fi shows so I feel like my tolerance for stilted dialog and poor acting is pretty high.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

So it's looking like Community may really get six seasons and a movie, holy poo poo:

http://www.avclub.com/article/talk-has-begun-about-making-communitys-six-seasons-202674

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is such a weird timeline.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

MrAristocrates posted:

So it's looking like Community may really get six seasons and a movie, holy poo poo:

http://www.avclub.com/article/talk-has-begun-about-making-communitys-six-seasons-202674

I gave up halfway through season 4, is 5 any better?

E: I mean like, is it as good as season 3, the best season.

Austrian mook fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 26, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh no, what have you done...

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Almost everyone thinks season 5 is good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

And everyone who doesn't should be in shortly.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Community is a television show that I have opinions about.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Season 5 of Community is a good season of television that is a lot like season 3 of Community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bown posted:

Season 5 of Community is a good season of television that is a lot like season 3 of Community.

Except less of a Dan Harmon reverse-ouroboros.

• Locked thread