Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Didn't Monkey Trouble also question whether humans spoke the same language as him? Doesn't make much sense if he himself is really a human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Millions posted:

Didn't Monkey Trouble also question whether humans spoke the same language as him? Doesn't make much sense if he himself is really a human.

Monkey Titan is not human.

We dont know what he IS, but I think is safe to say he aint human and does not belongs to any of the know factions.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

Elias_Maluco posted:

Monkey Titan is not human.

We dont know what he IS, but I think is safe to say he aint human and does not belongs to any of the know factions.

It makes sense if he is a human who's native language is different from that within the walls, like that ancient language on the canned food that Ymir could read...

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Then why he looks like a monkey and seems to find humans weird?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Ymir turns into a gat dang frog, brother

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

muike posted:

Ymir turns into a gat dang frog, brother

It's not easy being :unsmigghh:

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
So after I had the manga spoiled I gave in after a couple of weeks and started reading it near the end of last month. After a marathon to 50 and subsequent burnout/massive overload I wound up putting it on hold until I caught up yesterday. And now that I'm all caught up, I WANT TO SAY to the PERSON in the ANIME THREAD who said something like "Oh the secret in the basement is everything you could hope for and more :allears:", whoever you were (I'm not going to try to search 500 pages to find it),

You knew full well that hasn't happened! :argh:

That was the one "spoiler" I was actually looking forward to and assumed was true (I of course hoped the other one was not. NOPE.) Indeed, I may have kept going past when I might have otherwise stopped to catch my breath for want of what was inside the mystery box, just across the next hill/chapter! Oooh, darn you kids. :smith:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Was there any real explanation of how the whole "summon giant titan from thin air" thing works? I've only read manga starting from chapter where anime ended, maybe it was explained there better? My impression is that it's not just a fantasy world with magic.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
Best only thing they've really noted is that titans are lighter than they should be, so at least it's not a massive amount of mass being summoned up out of nowhere. I think the idea is that matter from the air is being used, which is why they let of steam when they dissipate. You have to suspend some disbelief.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Forgall posted:

Was there any real explanation of how the whole "summon giant titan from thin air" thing works? I've only read manga starting from chapter where anime ended, maybe it was explained there better? My impression is that it's not just a fantasy world with magic.

NANOMACHINES IN THE AIR LIKE IN REVOLUTION.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Panzerschwein posted:

Best only thing they've really noted is that titans are lighter than they should be, so at least it's not a massive amount of mass being summoned up out of nowhere. I think the idea is that matter from the air is being used, which is why they let of steam when they dissipate. You have to suspend some disbelief.

They also talk about how they go dormant in the dark so I'm guessing some kind of light based energy for transferring what's in the air to body form.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Zogundar posted:

So after I had the manga spoiled I gave in after a couple of weeks and started reading it near the end of last month. After a marathon to 50 and subsequent burnout/massive overload I wound up putting it on hold until I caught up yesterday. And now that I'm all caught up, I WANT TO SAY to the PERSON in the ANIME THREAD who said something like "Oh the secret in the basement is everything you could hope for and more :allears:", whoever you were (I'm not going to try to search 500 pages to find it),

You knew full well that hasn't happened! :argh:

That was the one "spoiler" I was actually looking forward to and assumed was true (I of course hoped the other one was not. NOPE.) Indeed, I may have kept going past when I might have otherwise stopped to catch my breath for want of what was inside the mystery box, just across the next hill/chapter! Oooh, darn you kids. :smith:

If it is any consolation, that is really funny

E: Oh wait you're the same guy, nevermind

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

It seems Putin has revealed how he is going to conquer Ukraine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MH Knights fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 22, 2014

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
I finally caught up and I'm hooked. Action mangas usually aren't my deal but I absolutely love everyone's characters and their terrifyingly horrible world :yayclod:

Are Birth of Levi and before the fall the only two additional series we can read, or do we have more? I cant see anything in the OP about them.

:buddy:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Watching the Anime, on Episode 6. HOOLY poo poo! :stare: I am officially hooked.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Watching the Anime, on Episode 6. HOOLY poo poo! :stare: I am officially hooked.

I believe there is a thread for the anime.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

You're probably gonna want the anime thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3542537

This one's full of spoilers

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Saagonsa posted:

You're probably gonna want the anime thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3542537

This one's full of spoilers

Spoilers that you really, truly, and honestly do not want to read. The experience is sooooo much better that way.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Grape Ape
Funky The Monkey
Monkey Trouble

These never get old.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bertolt what are you doing in the middle of the shopping district on a spaceship

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

Bertolt what are you doing in the middle of the shopping district on a spaceship

wait what

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Phantasy Star Online 2 is doing a promotional thing for Attack on Titan where they've gotten the Colossal Titan as a boss enemy and some equipment that turns your dudes into the Survey Corp. If you play a female character you can also make them into Mikasa. Hairstyle, scarf, and all.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Phantasy Star Online 2 is doing a promotional thing for Attack on Titan where they've gotten the Colossal Titan as a boss enemy and some equipment that turns your dudes into the Survey Corp. If you play a female character you can also make them into Mikasa. Hairstyle, scarf, and all.

The titan is just a setpeice, unless there's a new emergency quest I'm unaware of.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
No Sasha, no deal.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

...did they shrink Bert down or is that platform really high off the ground? :raise:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Onmyoji Adventures!

"Our purpose is to explore the possibilities of business beyond the walls of society! Let's survey new markets!"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Missing Name posted:

Onmyoji Adventures!

"Our purpose is to explore the possibilities of business beyond the walls of society! Let's survey new markets!"

I would be fine reading a spinoff entirely based on this premise.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Missing Name posted:

Onmyoji Adventures!

We've had 60% of our employees quit in four years. 60% in four years, an insane number. :smith:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Ha, I was thinking "man, at the rate Spoof of Titan comes out it's going to run out of actual material to spoof" but after this one I'm convinced this guy could make years worth of strips even if the main series stopped.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Missing Name posted:

Onmyoji Adventures!

What did the pointless emails say

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Quick question. I finished the Anime and wanna read the Manga's next. (Gad dammit, I am getting sucked back into manga after all these years.) Can I just pick up at Volume 8 and go from there or do events in 1-7 play differently than the show?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Quick question. I finished the Anime and wanna read the Manga's next. (Gad dammit, I am getting sucked back into manga after all these years.) Can I just pick up at Volume 8 and go from there or do events in 1-7 play differently than the show?

It's mostly the same, though you probably want to go back to chapter 33, which I'm pretty sure is in volume 8, because the Annie fight ends a bit differently.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jackard posted:

What did the pointless emails say

Your boxers have a lame pattern.
[Important] Let's eat dinner together.
Has that shorty done anything weird to you lately?
When I look at Connie it reminds me of Shibakare-kun.
I'm hungry. What about you, Eren?
Are you reading this?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

DrSunshine posted:

Only if the cast is gradually killed off as the series approaches its conclusion. Hopefully in gruesome office-related accidents.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

Speaking of spinoffs I came across this today. It's ok I guess, not as good as Spoof on Titan.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Speaking of spinoffs I came across this today. It's ok I guess, not as good as Spoof on Titan.

Right off the bat, the art seems... more off than most.

coathat
May 21, 2007

That's already been released in English. http://www.amazon.com/Attack-Titan-Junior-High-1/dp/1612629164/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395957194&sr=8-1&keywords=attack+on+titan+junior+high

DentedLamp
Aug 2, 2012
Is anyone else getting major "antagonist" vibes from Erwin?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

DentedLamp posted:

Is anyone else getting major "antagonist" vibes from Erwin?

Not really, no.

He is in no way innocent, but he seems to at least have humanity's best interests in mind.