Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MadJackMcJack posted:

I wish they'd made more use of Kenny's Buddy command. Watching people go gaga for his "big ol' bitties" never got old or less confusing.

I'm not sure what I liked about the Giggling Donkey upstairs scene the most - the kid excitedly bouncing up and down on the bed instead of "raping" Kenny or the ridiculous and overly-convoluted method you have to go through to get onto the bed for the rescue :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also, Jimmy's completely destroyed house.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Circum-scythe inflicts bleeding on the target (and maybe gross out too?) and can be upgrade to gross out every other enemy on screen when used. :black101:

Also Doom Dreidel can be upgraded to cause burning and bounce a fuckton.

Basically Jew is the best class.

The problem with this is by the time you get it upgraded to that point 90% of enemies in the game are zombies who are immune to gross damage so it's kind of pointless in the majority of fights. Plagues is better, I found myself just having my buddy restore my PP with items and spamming plagues until everything was dead or killable with one attack on the next turn.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Also, Jimmy's completely destroyed house.

Seeing as I completely destroyed his nuts via Roshambo, I think it's fitting.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Right, I seem to be stuck/possibly glitched on the Spaceship.

I've freed Randy. He's run away and broken the lift on the way out. I've got the White Power Crystal and used it in the panel next to the lift and... nothing. I can't enter, the red light above it just flashes at me. Am I missing a step or is this busted?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

geri_khan posted:

I've freed Randy. He's run away and broken the lift on the way out. I've got the White Power Crystal and used it in the panel next to the lift and... nothing. I can't enter, the red light above it just flashes at me. Am I missing a step or is this busted?

Did you attempt to activate it using your butt antenna?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

geri_khan posted:

Use your newly developed alien rear end power on the door pad I think.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Yup, thanks, that's it.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Just started the game and got my first glitch. I was in the tutorial fight where you learn about blocking and then hitting a stunned enemy after they try to hit you.

I failed a few times but when I got it, the guy was just stuck in front of me in the stunned on ground position. Cartman never went on to explain the next part, I had to restart the game.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Are there any other class specific achievements like the getting Jesus summon as a Jew?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Are there any other class specific achievements like the getting Jesus summon as a Jew?

The XBox version has one I believe called "Are We Cool?" At least that's what my coworker is telling me.

VVV: Oh Sorry misread the question. Are we cool?

Malek fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 20, 2014

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

Malek posted:

The XBox version has one I believe called "Are We Cool?" At least that's what my coworker is telling me.

Yeah that's the one I was referencing. Doesn't look like there are any more.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Bobtista posted:

The problem with this is by the time you get it upgraded to that point 90% of enemies in the game are zombies who are immune to gross damage so it's kind of pointless in the majority of fights. Plagues is better, I found myself just having my buddy restore my PP with items and spamming plagues until everything was dead or killable with one attack on the next turn.

Eh, that's not really true, if you do side-content early you can get that upgrade before the big late-game changes, and besides, it's not really true that there are THAT many enemies immune to gross damage.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Not class-specific, but there are some hidden achivements:

Farting on the corpse of the giant Nazi Zombie fetus <- Day 3
Summoning Mr. Slave while INSIDE Mr. Slave <- Very late Day 3
Doing the final fight dressed in ONLY your makeover outfit <- Final battle
Doing the final fight while suffering from Dire Aids <- Final battle/also references something from earlier in Day 3
Doing the final fight with The Hoff plastic surgery <- Final battle

Those last three you can do simultaneously.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Jerusalem posted:

About that first day 3 hidden achievement...

It doesn't have to be the giant one. It can be any of the little ones too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dragonatrix posted:

About that first day 3 hidden achievement...

It doesn't have to be the giant one. It can be any of the little ones too.

Really? I tried those and it didn't work, maybe I was just placed in the wrong position at the time.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Really? I tried those and it didn't work, maybe I was just placed in the wrong position at the time.

Worked for me as well. Make sure they move when you fart on them or use the cup-a-spell.

Speaking of which, you need to use cup-a-spell to hit the mayor if you're going for that achievement.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm pretty upset I went through the game a second time and didn't get No Child Left Behind. I'm positive I didn't end a combat with a passed out buddy.

e: Unless it counts against you if you "continue." I died once, went to main menu, then hit continue from the main menu.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 22, 2014

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Summoning Mr. Slave while INSIDE Mr. Slave <- Very late Day 3
Doing the final fight dressed in ONLY your makeover outfit <- Final battle
Doing the final fight while suffering from Dire Aids <- Final battle/also references something from earlier in Day 3
Doing the final fight with The Hoff plastic surgery <- Final battle

Those last three you can do simultaneously.

You can wear headgear for the 3rd one.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

There once was a maiden from Stonebury Hollow.

She didn't talk much, but b---b---boy did she swallow.

I have a nice lance that she sat upon.

The maiden from S---S--Stonebury who was also your mom.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Just beat it.

As someone who dislikes South Park in general, but bought it due to a love of Obsidian I felt this was more an Obsidian game then a South Park one. They managed to capture the funny parts of the show, without overwhelming it with crass/offensive stuff. I found myself laughing more at the game then I ever have at an episode of South Park, and I'm not really sure if I could explain why I found it more acceptable.

Felt a little rushed in areas, Day 3 in particular had the pirates/ninjas get recruited offscreen, and Mr. Slave just appeared out of nowhere in the final boss area. I'm not that annoyed by it though, because at least it was funny.

I loved most of the main quest stuff, and seeing the town slowly get destroyed. Taco Bell, the Abortion Clinic, Canada, the end of day 2, Dragonborn all of those scenes were hilarious, and well worth the price of admission.

Biggest complaints I can think of are the missable collectibles, and the fairly weak sidequests. But besides that? Pretty enjoyable game.

Oh, and did anybody else go fighter and actually enjoy it? I ended up pretty underwhelmed by the class. It felt like only Bulls Rush/Airhorn mattered. Roshambo was nice at first, but later in the game it's damage didn't keep up, and everything became immune to stun. I basically spent every battle ripping off armor with Bulls Rush so I could basic attack them down.

e: At the end, can you continue not talking? I immediately hit the button just to hear what his voice sounded like.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 25, 2014

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Rookersh posted:

Just beat it.

As someone who dislikes South Park in general, but bought it due to a love of Obsidian I felt this was more an Obsidian game then a South Park one. They managed to capture the funny parts of the show, without overwhelming it with crass/offensive stuff. I found myself laughing more at the game then I ever have at an episode of South Park, and I'm not really sure if I could explain why I found it more acceptable.

Felt a little rushed in areas, Day 3 in particular had the pirates/ninjas get recruited offscreen, and Mr. Slave just appeared out of nowhere in the final boss area. I'm not that annoyed by it though, because at least it was funny.

I loved most of the main quest stuff, and seeing the town slowly get destroyed. Taco Bell, the Abortion Clinic, Canada, the end of day 2, Dragonborn all of those scenes were hilarious, and well worth the price of admission.

Biggest complaints I can think of are the missable collectibles, and the fairly weak sidequests. But besides that? Pretty enjoyable game.

Oh, and did anybody else go fighter and actually enjoy it? I ended up pretty underwhelmed by the class. It felt like only Bulls Rush/Airhorn mattered. Roshambo was nice at first, but later in the game it's damage didn't keep up, and everything became immune to stun. I basically spent every battle ripping off armor with Bulls Rush so I could basic attack them down.

e: At the end, can you continue not talking? I immediately hit the button just to hear what his voice sounded like.

I did a second playthru as a warrior that went remarkably well. I cleared out most random encounters using the Airhorn while wearing the Swat Hat or by Stomping on the enemy. Bossess I just used my weapons to inflict as many statuses as possible and that tended to be more than sufficient. I never used the Bull Rush, Negative Statuses+Basic Attacks were just better for me 90% of the time.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Amazon Gold Box for today, $43, all platforms:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

Not sure if it's in other countries or just US.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I'm on my second playthrough (Fighter, and my guy's black, so Cartman obviously made a snide comment), and Jesus Christ is the Al Gore boss fight a ballbuster. Funny as hell, but those Secret Service agents dropped like ten bleeds on me and Butters in the first turn they were in play.

The Manbearpig fight was easy once I realized "Hey, all I have to do is use Bull Rush a bunch of times and he'll have no armor!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

There once was a maiden from Stonebury Hollow.

She didn't talk much, but b---b---boy did she swallow.

I have a nice lance that she sat upon.

The maiden from S---S--Stonebury who was also your mom.

Jimmy dropping the mic at the end of the song is great.

"Close your eyes, no more t-thinking about your troubles

S-sleep now with Jesus, you are blessed!"

Mr. Horyd
Jul 17, 2001

REDHEADS WILL BE MY DOWNFALL!

al-azad posted:

Check out the original Game Informer cover to see a different Princess Kenny design. Satan also didn't make an appearance in the game.

It also looks like Token's original character class was in fact blacksmith, but I think that joke worked even better in the final version.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So I'm in the alien ship and right as you break out of the room where you get your anal probe antenna there's a chest over to the left behind some bars that I can't figure out how to get to. Help!

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

WarLocke posted:

So I'm in the alien ship and right as you break out of the room where you get your anal probe antenna there's a chest over to the left behind some bars that I can't figure out how to get to. Help!

You get to them later.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Interesting thing on the final boss fight if you go off script a bit, when Cartman is holding Kenny, and you're meant to fart on Kenny's balls, I did the Roshambo special attack (kick to the balls), and Cartman scolds me for using the attack, saying something like "no, douchebag, Princess Kenny is a girl, you can't kick her in the balls, you have to fart on them." Did anyone else try something like that with a special, and get another response?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Brown Moses posted:

Interesting thing on the final boss fight if you go off script a bit, when Cartman is holding Kenny, and you're meant to fart on Kenny's balls, I did the Roshambo special attack (kick to the balls), and Cartman scolds me for using the attack, saying something like "no, douchebag, Princess Kenny is a girl, you can't kick her in the balls, you have to fart on them." Did anyone else try something like that with a special, and get another response?

I didn't, but now I'm going to make it a point to circumscythe on my Jew-thru to see what's said.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brown Moses posted:

That's fantastic that they actually included something for that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In regards to that final, final moment of the final boss fight - what happens if you are out of mana and you don't have ANY mana potions?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Jerusalem posted:

In regards to that final, final moment of the final boss fight - what happens if you are out of mana and you don't have ANY mana potions?

As someone who just beat the game, I was just thinking this.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Jerusalem posted:

I figure that the game probably restores enough to use the spell. That or makes the spell cost nothing.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Brainamp posted:

I figure that the game probably restores enough to use the spell. That or makes the spell cost nothing.

I'm pretty sure they don't cost anything.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Nah, I've had next to no mana at that point before and had to manually restore it. The question's a valid one, since if you can't do that you'd be locked into an unwinnable scenario if it didn't do something.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm pretty sure during the ginger boss when they introduce chanting they give you a free chipotle burrito just in case your mana is at zero. Maybe they do the same.

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!
Hey guys, steam is downloading the game as I write this post!
I'm really glad I pre-ordered so I can play as soon as possible. Mmmmhhhh Ubisoft's cock tastes sooo gooood

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

xf86enodev posted:

Hey guys, steam is downloading the game as I write this post!
I'm really glad I pre-ordered so I can play as soon as possible. Mmmmhhhh Ubisoft's cock tastes sooo gooood

Oh you got the censored version? Please let us know what they changed. I got the UK version from a fellow helpful goon. After having played through it I really can't see how they removed all the Nazi stuff and the abortions without loving up the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Dragonatrix posted:

Nah, I've had next to no mana at that point before and had to manually restore it. The question's a valid one, since if you can't do that you'd be locked into an unwinnable scenario if it didn't do something.
I was wondering the same thing, because I had shat my pants three times in a row at that point (yay achievement) and had to manually restore mana as well.

• Locked thread