Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

BooDoug187 posted:

Went a little longer than I expected...

A Very Big Edit

Very nicely done.

edit: poo poo new page

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

RandomFerret posted:

You're right, he should have said 'Jupiter.' Val would have been a sub-Roman Celt, and as such would have followed Druid rituals while paying lip service to Roman gods.

I dunno, Thule is generally associated with the far north, Scandinavia and the like. Didn't the first couple strips indicate that Val's father came to the British Isles from across the sea?

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.

Holy crap, that's terrifying. :golfclap:

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

catlord posted:

I dunno, Thule is generally associated with the far north, Scandinavia and the like. Didn't the first couple strips indicate that Val's father came to the British Isles from across the sea?

They did say that. I got curious about that "Prince of Thule" title at one point and looked it up and there are several candidates for where Thule was - ranging from Greenland to Iceland to Norway to the Shetlands or other islands, but all in the north. That said, though, Val did hang around Camelot and later Andelkrag for quite a while, and it wouldn't be too unusual if he picked up some commonly-used cuss words and oaths from there.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Oh god, they're both turning into Arlo.

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Birds: these mysterious, beautiful creatures that came to our planet suddenly in 1962, are still an enigma today.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
Oh man, I got a chance to read my digital copy of weapon brown(thanks death ray!) today at lunch and it's still good for a laugh

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Time for some low hanging fruit!

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Now that Zangief's involved, hopefully this strip will be a little more tolerable.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Remember when I described the art in Zachary Nixon Johnson as "technically competent"? :ughh:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
At the premier of Stripped, the documentary about comic strips. I'm the guy with a dinner jacket, Red Cross pin, and popcorn. Any other goons here?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

I'm not sure I really understand what the hell just happened here.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Spidey's plan to save the bus basically worked but then the girder (secretly Iron Jonah's new sidekick, I-Beam) attacked him so he had to dodge.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Cliff. Cliff had bitch tits.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
It won't be much of a party then if they won't be old enough for all the debauchery Luann had planned.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

I haven't been checking on this thread in months, but it's good to return and discover Spider-Man is as charmingly dumb as ever.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Borden posted:

Time for some low hanging fruit!

Hellstar Nancy!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'll count us lucky if Gilchrist just sticks to zombie strips in this insipid little 'story.'

quote:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

So that guy is supposed to be incredibly muscular, and not made of pillows? I'm having a hard time seeing anything else.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Heads up, Bill Waterson is interviewed in Stripped :-)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Does it cut the roof of your mouth?

Retail

This is sadly living up to all my expectations of boring. On a related note, better security costs too much so nothing will be done, I guess!

quote:

That business calculus isn’t clear because the cost of replacing existing systems is greater than the liability for fraud. The [National Retail Federation] estimates that it would cost U.S. retailers $35 billion in hardware, software and training to support a new standard for cards secured with smart chips and PIN technology. In contrast, credit card fraud costs U.S. retailers and financial services firms about $5.5 billion a year, he said.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I'm pretty sure there is an honest-to-god robot doctor in this strip that we haven't visited in a while.

Dustin

How about letting your wife enjoy the night off where she doesn't have to cook for everyone instead of listening ot you complain the whole time, old man?

On the Fastrack

Holy poo poo there's a giant bee flying around the room!

Safe Havens

Keeping ambiguously-labeled beakers of your DNA in a fridge at a daycare center? What could go wrong?

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 27, 2014

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Quincy

Buz Sawyer

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Somebody mentioned 'Little Orphan Annie'?

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Who would have thought that a burnt-out traffic light would have such good radio reception?

Pibgorn

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Okay, I'm back, sorry for the delay in Geech.

And I am indeed adding Oh Baby to complete our collection of crap comics that we complain about. Enjoy! This is the first one!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

F8 is the "system restore key"? What?

I can't wait to see what Mark's plan is here. :allears:

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Really looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Beetle Bailey

Blondie

Is that a cover version performed by Joe Dolce?

Dennis the Menace

Is she worried that he might encourage the other kids to keep the school tidy and always say "please" and "thank you"?

Heathcliff

The Lockhorns

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tiggum posted:

F8 is the "system restore key"? What?
If you press (hold) it before the Windows start-up screen pops you get access to the advanced start options, which includes access to a couple of basic repair options for various Windows core functions that generally if they're hosed up enough to need repair are hosed up beyond repair. More accurately it's the 'Windows-only pre-boot diagnostic key'.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

Birds: these mysterious, beautiful creatures that came to our planet suddenly in 1962, are still an enigma today.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Makes about as much sense in Finnish

Fok_It

Thankfully I mentioned the "ew hell" thing yesterday because today my translation choice has kinda come back to bite me.

I know marsu isn't hamster, it's guinea pig, but as if that would have fit in that tiny bubble. Also switched around siili and hevonen because horse is a shorter word than hedgehog.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Big Ben Bolt

Don't tell anyone that Oil Tycoon tried to kill you: just wordlessly scrabble at his feet! A brilliant plan!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac inspired by E/N superstar Benny The Snake.

The Creeps aren't exactly Menses members.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

Keeping ambiguously-labeled beakers of your DNA in a fridge at a daycare center? What could go wrong?

Tiggum said it first, but yeah, Holbrook, F8 is Windows' boot menu. Restore? Also, "mer-people" are half human half fish. Those are not mer-people, William, they're fish.

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Somebody mentioned 'Little Orphan Annie'?

Oh, wow! This crossover has epic potential! I'm torqued!

Jane's World

I've always thought "stoop" was weird. I've always said "step". So, there's that.

And, that's a really loving huge wiener dog, there, Paige!

Non Sequitur

I'm wondering if Wiley's going to work this into some sort of a Mt.Gox reference...

Heavenly Nostrils

Hmm. I'll bet she's running Windows Unicorn® which, because it's managing so many spells in a massively multi-threaded environment, benefits from a periodic shutdown. :v:

Kliban's Cats

Fishing catte from Tuesday caught.. hmm.. something. :stare:

9 Chickweed Lane 3/27/2003

God this story is stupid. Stop it, Brooke.

Zits

Why not? We've all seen that's it's entirely possible... :v:

Kevin & Kell

Yep. This definitely deserves a :ughh:

Nemi

:3:

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
This is the reason Ms. Duffey was fired...

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

OH MY GOD

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Don't tell anyone that Oil Tycoon tried to kill you: just wordlessly scrabble at his feet! A brilliant plan!

I'm more amused that Ben, who has a freaking bullet wound in his hand, is just casually leaning around and no one seems to be bothering to treat it.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

So is The Creeps just "Shut Up Little Man" with out the cussing and homophobia?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (January 6, 1927)

Peanuts suffers from a little balloon drift this morning. (March 30, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye, in which Olive has a wild hair up her rear end.

Or a bigger nightmare: Mrs. Olive The Sailor.

Rip Haywire

What? No Ka-Suckerpunch?

Pogo, in which Miz Beaver decides to grab somebody else's destiny by the throat. (March 29, 1956)

Out Our Way (September 8-9, 1924)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Marmaduke circa 1968

Seriously, they are like his favorite food!

Mike du Jour

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm