Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gerudo Rivera
Jan 22, 2005

This is probably staring me right in the face, but how can I access the settings for Youtube Center (the userscript)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
The gear icon next to the upload button in the top right. It added itself to the bottom of Youtube's menu.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Anyone else finding that this suddenly no longer works? Running Firefox 29.

If you're using Tab Mix Plus, there might be a conflict. I remember having to muck around after some upgrade to get it working again, having to install a beta version or something.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

You peeps who have upgraded; can we still hide the File menu bar?

The Dark One posted:

I like Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab for that.

There's also Ctrl-Shift-T to reopen a tab you'd closed and Ctrl-Shift-N to re-open a window you'd closed.
Those are different. PgDown just goes down your list of tabs, whereas Ctrl+Tab cycles tabs in most recent order. Both are useful, although Ctrl+Tab is the most kickass (and sorely lacking from Chrome, for example).

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
This is odd. I just updated to Aurora 30 (Windows 64) and video playback seems to be dead. On Youtube, I get a flash of the staticky error screen, then blackness, and on the BBC news site I get the teaser still for a moment before it puts up its own error screen.

Flash is up to date and I've restarted Aurora a couple of times. Doesn't seem to be a network issue: IE and my housemate's installation of Firefox are running properly.

Anyone else with similar issues?

Edit: Aaaand problem's with the Youtube Center addon. Damnation.

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 27, 2014

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Bieeardo posted:

This is odd. I just updated to Aurora 30 (Windows 64) and video playback seems to be dead. On Youtube, I get a flash of the staticky error screen, then blackness, and on the BBC news site I get the teaser still for a moment before it puts up its own error screen.

Flash is up to date and I've restarted Aurora a couple of times. Doesn't seem to be a network issue: IE and my housemate's installation of Firefox are running properly.

Anyone else with similar issues?

Edit: Aaaand problem's with the Youtube Center addon. Damnation.

Aurora 30 is broken for me right now on Windows 8.1 x64. Broke two days ago - I can launch the program directly from the .exe file, but no shortcuts work. Gives me "The class is not registered" error. Firefox Beta 29 works fine so that'll do for now.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

pipes! posted:

I wonder if we could all endorse the new Mozilla CEO for his Homophobia skills on LinkedIn.

Anyone who's used JavascrIpt already knew Brendan Eich has a very broken idea of equality.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

biznatchio posted:

Anyone who's used JavascrIpt already knew Brendan Eich has a very broken idea of equality.

:rimshot:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
On the windows version of australis is it supposed to have this weird gray muddying with the system window color in the tab bar? It seems to be a part of the default persona, goes away when I switch to a different one, but I'd prefer to keep the default. I don't know why but it's particularly distracting and ugly to me.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

The Milkman posted:

On the windows version of australis is it supposed to have this weird gray muddying with the system window color in the tab bar?

Yes; it's there to help make the unselected tabs' text have more contrast. You could probably get rid of it via userChrome if you really cared...

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Since updating to 28 FF insists on playing mp3 in the browser instead of downloading them - ignoring the Options > Application settings, and even the media.windows-media-foundation.enabled = false workaround no longer works.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Is it possible to disable the ability for websites to modify the browser right-click context menu?

It is pretty much ingrained into my brain as a solid habit that right-click -> select top option "goes back" and it's how I navigate. Which is normally fine because that's the default behaviour:

But apparently sites can modify this behaviour. Possibly via a non-standard Mozilla API, I haven't bothered to check. So if I go to MDN for example (which I've been using a hell of a lot lately) I get this:

I click "Edit Page" every single loving time without fail. Please let there be a way to block this.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Xik posted:

Is it possible to disable the ability for websites to modify the browser right-click context menu?
The Menu Editor addon should help. You can disable and reorder rightclick menu items. I'm not on strictly the last version of Firefox, so see if it works for you.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
It seems the Firefox addon site is broken at the moment. 404 when trying to install that addon. I will try it later though, but I'm not sure if it will help. It appears to be geared towards rearranging or removing menu items, particularly those added via addons.

Since the MDN and other sites probably add the entries via client javascript, I doubt it would work. I was hoping there would be an option hidden somewhere so I can turn the functionality completely off globally. Whatever feature it is, it's Firefox only since I can go to MDN in Chromium and it doesn't modify the context menu.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Xik posted:

It seems the Firefox addon site is broken at the moment. 404 when trying to install that addon. I will try it later though, but I'm not sure if it will help. It appears to be geared towards rearranging or removing menu items, particularly those added via addons.

Since the MDN and other sites probably add the entries via client javascript, I doubt it would work. I was hoping there would be an option hidden somewhere so I can turn the functionality completely off globally. Whatever feature it is, it's Firefox only since I can go to MDN in Chromium and it doesn't modify the context menu.
Sorry, I misread your post. I'd swear I saw "apparently addons can change this behaviour" instead of sites :(

It's probably not going to help then.

Maybe you can block something with noscript? I'm not seeing the added items on the page you linked, but that's probably because I'm not logged in there or something.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Flipperwaldt posted:

Maybe you can block something with noscript? I'm not seeing the added items on the page you linked, but that's probably because I'm not logged in there or something.

I'm not logged in either, I don't have an account. I'm using Firefox 28 if that matters.

Does it really not change the menu when going to a wiki page or anything on MDN? Perhaps Firebug (developer tools) adds it in or something? I'll have to investigate. e: Nope, not Firebug.

Xik fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 2, 2014

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Xik posted:

I'm not logged in either, I don't have an account. I'm using Firefox 28 if that matters.

Does it really not change the menu when going to a wiki page or anything on MDN? Perhaps Firebug (developer tools) adds it in or something? I'll have to investigate. e: Nope, not Firebug.
If I disable Menu Editor, they show up. Although I don't see them in the regular list of items I can enable or disable.

It must be that the addon sorta disables the rightclick menu entirely and then offers you its own version or something like that, maybe.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Xik posted:

You can Shift + Right-Click to open the default context menu no matter what.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Avenging Dentist posted:

Unless you're using Menu Editor apparently v:v:v

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Youtube has/had a thing that would load the next video using a nifty javascript loader, so the next video would load without refreshing the page. Recently it has stopped working, it looks like as of Firefox 28 on Win 8.1. Happens with Safe Mode too. Not sure with Aurora/Australis and/or Linux, which I have at home. Did Mozilla break something, or is this just Google going, "gently caress you, Chrome is the only browser, use Chrome"? Of course, it still works in Chrome.

Also, Youtube always seems to use Flash now, unless it's explicitly disabled, even though I have requested HTML5 if available and and have support for the codecs, as it plays fine if Flash is disabled. Again, works correctly in Chrome. This does happen with Australis on Linux.

Goddamn the internet.

Edit: looks like it's Google's fault. Happens on Win 7 too, and I tested it also on Win 8.1 with Aurora, 28, and 27.

Scroogled again.

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 2, 2014

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Avenging Dentist posted:

Thanks for the tip, but if I could remember to do that on MDN I would remember that back isn't the first option. :v:

I searched around and apparently this used to be within the Advanced Javascript options until they decided to remove all those options. The option can still be accessed via about :config as dom.event.contextmenu.enabled. Set it to false to disable the ability for sites to mess with the context menu. I tried it on other sites and it works, which is fine. Except the fact that the Mozilla Developer Network appears to either ignore and override that option or modify the context menu a different way. Mozilla, why do you hate me. :sigh:

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
These menus are part of the HTML5 Specification. It seems only Firefox supports them at the moment, and there's no preference (yet?) to disable them.

You could write a greasemonkey script that would remove the contextmenu attribute from every element on a page, though the JavaScript on the page could always mess with this I suppose. Personally I would buy a mouse with a back button.

Edit: ^^^ The dom.event.contextmenu.enabled preference doesn't apply to these menu items.

Edit 2: I wrote a greasemonkey script for MDN. Really simple in this case since it's one menu attached to the body tag.
code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Disable MDN Menus
// @description Disables added context menu items from MDN
// @include     http://developer.mozilla.org/*
// @include     https://developer.mozilla.org/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

(function () {
document.body.removeAttribute("contextmenu") 
}());

Flipperwaldt posted:

Unless you're using Menu Editor apparently v:v:v

It wont restore menu items you've changed with Menu Editor, it'll just remove the ones a site has added.

I used to use Menu Editor, but it had a tendency to screw things up. Now I use a custom userstyle to hide menu items I never use (including back).

Implied Consent fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 2, 2014

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Implied Consent posted:

Personally I would buy a mouse with a back button.

Ha, I use this fat "ergonomic" mouse and it actually has one. But like I said, I'm already "trained" to use that context menu item. I'll try to make using the button a habit instead.

Implied Consent posted:

These menus are part of the HTML5 Specification. It seems only Firefox supports them at the moment, and there's no preference (yet?) to disable them.

You could write a greasemonkey script that would remove the contextmenu attribute from every element on a page, though the JavaScript on the page could always mess with this I suppose. Personally I would buy a mouse with a back button.

Edit: ^^^ The dom.event.contextmenu.enabled preference doesn't apply to these menu items.

Sorted. You're seriously loving awesome for posting about the html5 element. If anyone cares as much as I did, I quickly bashed out a Greasemonkey script to remove the menu items. If anyone needs to do this in the future, don't remove the individual contextmenu html elements. It will remove them and leave an empty context menu group that looks gross. Instead get the parent "menu" element and just remove that. You can see what I did if you look at the 3 line source code :v:.

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
Beated! :argh:

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Welp, sorry! I appreciate that you were willing to create it for me though, you're doubly awesome!

Implied Consent
Jul 6, 2006
Well if it makes you feel any worse, I prefer my approach and it works fine for me! :)

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos
RightToClick might help if you don't want to use a Greasemonkey script.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/03/brendan-eich-steps-down-as-mozilla-ceo/

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

May every door hit him on the way out.

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

What was the controversy?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Applebees posted:

What was the controversy?
He created JavaScript :v:

Seriously though, he donated $1,000 to Prop 8 (making it illegal for same sex marriages in California) back in 2008

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Also he never even like, bothered to give a real apology for that and vow to not do such stupid poo poo again.

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

Install Windows posted:

Also he never even like, bothered to give a real apology for that and vow to not do such stupid poo poo again.

Here's his comments on the topic.

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.
That whole thing is loving stupid. Not believing in gay marriage is stupid, but them firing him over it is even stupider. His personal beliefs wouldn't have interfered with his duties as CEO. He never should've been fired for a personal belief. But whatever, they didn't ask my opinion.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Fangs404 posted:

That whole thing is loving stupid. Not believing in gay marriage is stupid, but them firing him over it is even stupider. His personal beliefs wouldn't have interfered with his duties as CEO. He never should've been fired for a personal belief. But whatever, they didn't ask my opinion.

Well this just proved that he has a continual bad track record on equality. First === and now this. :unsmigghh:

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Fangs404 posted:

CEOs are supposed to deal with PR debacles, not create them.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Having been persecuted and forced out of not one but two workplaces for not having same political viewpoints as everyone else who worked there I sort of feel for the guy, you really shouldn't donate money to any political causes or talk about who you vote for or anything, it can only lead to bad things nowadays unfortunately.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Pryor on Fire posted:

Having been persecuted and forced out of not one but two workplaces for not having same political viewpoints as everyone else who worked there I sort of feel for the guy, you really shouldn't donate money to any political causes or talk about who you vote for or anything, it can only lead to bad things nowadays unfortunately.

I don't think bigotry should get to hide under the umbrella of "different political viewpoint".

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Homophobia and bigotry in general aren't valid "political viewpoints". Would you still feel sorry for the guy if it was found out that he made a donation to some white supremacy group? What about if the donation was to some anti-feminist movement?

(The above is a hypothetical question, if you answer "yes" you are a loving terrible human being.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
:siren:Any further arguments about what political opinions should disqualify someone from employment will be held in D&D:siren: