Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
allta
Mar 28, 2011

Some dumb idiot posted:

It's actually a thing all players can do now, it's in the Extras tab under "Earn Runecoins".

Fire up those Virtual machines and download all the Malware for $$$. :getin:

I got distracted trying to find the thing and ended up in the jagex store and ended up making these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I'd buy several of those. The w42 is by far the best to me though :allears:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Hey, I'm cancelling my membership for the time being and stepping away from the game while I sort through some real life issues. I'm sure I'll be back eventually (god knows I can never leave), but I can't say when that will be. It's been fun though!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Good luck friend! We'll remember you in our virtual hearts and I hope things work out for you, whatever it is!

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
It's ok Simsie, we still love u boo.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Take care of what you gotta take care of. You know we'll still be here.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

quote:

Hi all,

Our planned changes to Silverhawk boots are now live:

• Silverhawk charges are now consumed at a maximum of 1 per 45 seconds. After 45 seconds the next chance is 100%.
  • The best way to train Agility is through Agility methods, such as Agility Courses: this is true with the boots or without them.
  • Silverhawk boots still offer competitive Agility rates, but aren't the fastest way (unless you're wearing them on an Agility course).
  • Running around the world still triggers at most once per minute, as before.

We've also addressed an issue whereby not all the intended skills were triggering the effect; Divination still doesn’t (and this is a longer-term issue unfortunately) but the others should now be working as intended.

These changes are based on your feedback and our observations, since we hadn’t achieved our goal of rewarding-but-reasonable passive Agility XP while training your choice of other skill. With this fix you have a much wider choice of skills to train, without any unintended ‘best’ options. It does mean that some rates have reduced, but I hope the benefit of being free to choose your training is a compelling one.

We have a separate fix under way for the Defence requirement (probably to change the level bands slightly to make sure there’s a level 1 pair). We'll get this finished, tested and released as soon as we can.

Thanks for bearing with us, Mod Hew

So they are now a few hundred exp/h worse than the best agility course.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Those things look loving great. Passive Agility XP gain instead of actually ever touching those loving god awful courses.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Unsurprisingly those changes have done little to soothe the pit of rage elitist Runescape players have developed.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
"Elitist Runescape players"

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Poonerman posted:

"Elitist Runescape players"

It says "elitist", not "elite".

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Dr. Atticus posted:

Unsurprisingly those changes have done little to soothe the pit of rage elitist spergs have developed.

FTFY.

Agility is such a poo poo skill I don't get why anyone would bitch about anything to make it go by quicker.

Oh wait.

"I botted trained it all the way to 99 by myself on terrible courses for hours at a time everyone else should have to do it too for a skill with almost no benefits!" :qq:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I'm one of the freaks who actually enjoyed Agility training (at least in the dungeon on Karamja, where you were getting vaguely tangible rewards for it), so eh. But I can see why that kind of Pavlovian repetition isn't for everyone, so I'm not gonna judge.

Plus some of the requirements are insane, so even though I enjoy that kinda thing I'm still gonna see about getting me a set of these boots. Hello, multitasking!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
See the OP for my opinion re: agility

Things are finally quieting down for me a bit and Dark Souls II isn't consuming my life as much, so you'll see me in-game more. Themata I'm about 50% done organizing things in that google doc, I'll send it to you when I'm done for review!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Rafzakael posted:

See the OP for my opinion re: agility

Things are finally quieting down for me a bit and Dark Souls II isn't consuming my life as much, so you'll see me in-game more. Themata I'm about 50% done organizing things in that google doc, I'll send it to you when I'm done for review!

Awesome, can't wait to see it! :) Maybe I'll think of another guide to write in celebration of it.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Since I only just rejoined the game and I'm still in absolute newbie basement levels of doing poo poo, does anyone have some advice as to what I should be doing? The high-level advice guides and the maximized efficiency leveling stuff is kind of making my head spin. Bear in mind I haven't bought into membership yet, though I intend to either tonight or tomorrow.

I've been saving the new all-voiced quests for when I have the time, which should be soon. I'm looking forward to them. Anything else I can do in the dirty poor realms for now?

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Redeye Flight posted:

Since I only just rejoined the game and I'm still in absolute newbie basement levels of doing poo poo, does anyone have some advice as to what I should be doing? The high-level advice guides and the maximized efficiency leveling stuff is kind of making my head spin. Bear in mind I haven't bought into membership yet, though I intend to either tonight or tomorrow.

I've been saving the new all-voiced quests for when I have the time, which should be soon. I'm looking forward to them. Anything else I can do in the dirty poor realms for now?

Dance for gold like a dirty poor.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
As long as you're a free player, I'd just grind out combat and awful skills like cooking and fishing. Once you're a member, you can do cool stuff like farming and giant chinchompa so you can harvest pricey herbs and catch dragon implings!

Bank #12 is here! It's Aria Ryuko!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggT4QcLn-Ro

The video editing program I use is stupid so it cut out her character cheering and dancing at the end. What could have been a good video is now ruined. :mad:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
First QBD kill :toot:

But I screwed up brandishing the crossbow :negative:

Amyclas
Mar 9, 2013

Agility must be one of the best thought through skills ever. Earn experience by running in circles! Who wouldn't bot it?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Amyclas posted:

Agility must be one of the best thought through skills ever. Earn experience by running in circles! Who wouldn't bot it?

Masochists. That's who.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Amyclas posted:

http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/ranking?category_type=0&table=17&date=1395913480662&time_filter=0&page=1

19 people.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
There's more people with 200m XP in agility than people who have 100-199m in it. Think about it.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

subhelios posted:

Masochists. That's who.

Punish My Balls At Barbarian Outpost.

TheDirtyJerz
Feb 21, 2009

Shacklin' the masses with drastic rap tactics.
Anyone else notice clothing items getting a retroactive boost to experience now that the skill set clothing is available? I've had a "Blacksmith's Apron" in my bank for years- quest item pack rat that I am-which now has the 1% Smithing exp bonus.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
They changed that ages ago. Before it was a bonus that lasted for 30 days since winning, with the 'skill recharge gems' which recharged the time left.

Then they converted it to the regular bonus xp stuff, changed the skill recharge gems to 'give bonus xp' for those who still had them.

And you can still claim the clothing you won, but destroyed, from Diago.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Poonerman posted:

There's more people with 200m XP in agility than people who have 100-199m in it. Think about it.

Once you get past 100m xp in it you're already certifiably insane and aren't going to stop.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Install Windows posted:

Once you get past 14m xp in it you're already certifiably insane and aren't going to stop.

Or whatever the max is.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Is botting still a thing? I hope it's cool to ask about it here but when I used to play it was wicked easy to bot. I grinded legitimately for years but I don't think I'd have the willpower to do that anymore between the times we're making pubbies cry.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
No it's not, jagex has finally managed to seemingly get rid of the bots for good this time. you get banned within a few hours because they implemented this automated bot detecting system.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Smeed posted:

Is botting still a thing? I hope it's cool to ask about it here but when I used to play it was wicked easy to bot. I grinded legitimately for years but I don't think I'd have the willpower to do that anymore between the times we're making pubbies cry.

Reported to Jagex, enjoy your ban noob!

(No, it's super easy to get caught botting now, it's pretty much guaranteed. It's been that way since August of last year)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

Reported to Jagex, enjoy your ban noob!

(No, it's super easy to get caught botting now, it's pretty much guaranteed. It's been that way since August of last year)

And yet I botted heavily until like March and never got banned :getin:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Magres posted:

And yet I botted heavily until like March and never got banned :getin:

You certainly don't mean March of this year since you haven't been around at all. :colbert:

I did some stupid offers a few days ago and got the wealth evaulator:

Counting the 5 mil I lent out to Safety, this is quite accurate.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I meant March of last year. I've been writing my thesis for the past couple months and do not have the time to grind (nor really any inclination because the only poo poo I have left to grind is Div and NONONONO)

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, Magres, it would've been a few months after you stopped that they big bot ban-wave would've hit. I have nothing against botting - I just regret that I took a huge RS break during its heyday, or I would've had Agility done already.

So yeah, botting's a no-go now.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh, nurr. My brain is super fried from the aforementioned thesis writing :downs:

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIvjoePkecQ

Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza

Holiday event, free players and members

Marimbo and Brassica Prime have come to Gielinor, and they've claimed the abandoned Saradomin camp, north of Lumbridge Crater. In the red corner will be Marimbo, fighting for fun and partying, and in the green corner will be Brassica, who wants to bring deliciousness to the world.

In a recent poll, you voted for a lighthearted seasonal event focused on the Sixth Age conflict between the gods, rather than a traditional Easter event.

This spring, there's cabbage galore and apes aplenty - and not a bunny in sight - in the Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza!

After choosing a side, you'll be rolled into an underground obstacle course of traps, trophies, monkeys and madness. Your aim is to survive as long as possible, collecting trophies and avoiding players that have been transmogrified into face-punching gorillas. Obviously.

Pitch in and you'll earn renown, which can be spent on cosmetic capes or bonus XP in Slayer, Farming and Mining. You'll also be able to buy three rewards, each voted for by you: seedicide, which converts dropped seeds directly into experience; the Slayer VIP ticket for more choice in your assignments; and the patch bomb, which makes harvesting and clearing your farming patches a breeze!

There are no requirements to play this new minigame, although members will gain renown at a 50% increased speed.

So - are you a Brassican, or a Brassican't? Are you a chest-pounding silverback, or just a brass monkey? All this - and more - will (probably) become clear in the Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza.

Shadow over Ashdale

Novice quest, free players and members

A shadow has been cast over Ashdale, the idyllic starting area of RuneScape. In our latest quest, take on fiendish puzzles, all-new enemies, and a story that is overrun with intrigue and danger. There are no entry requirements, so the quest is suitable for new players, but the NPCs are scaled to your level, so experienced players can have a blast too.

We’ve taken a different approach with this quest, keeping it light on dialogue and letting the environment and set pieces do the talking. From concept to modelling, animation to environment, the art and graphics guys have produced some inspiring work. We can't wait for you to visit the imperilled Ashdale and tell us what you think!

Elder Divination

High-level Divination update

April brings a tasty treat for those who have completed Fate of the Gods - a new divination colony. While this is a nifty alternative training method between levels 75 and 85, it's all about what you can do with the elder energy that you gather there.

With it, you can make a new divine location - the divine simulacrum - which will allow you to gather divination energy from various tiers at once, as well as the occasional portent and sign. There's Transmute Charm, which can convert your gold charms into green, your green charms into crimson, and your crimson into blue. And there's the divine impling, which will give you energy, signs and complete summoning pouches if you manage to grab it.

Among the various Divination additions across levels 75 to 99, we will be bringing you the muspah beast of burden. This was voted for by you in a Power to the Players poll, and we've made sure it's a real helping hand as you unravel divination's mysteries. It will auto-store and auto-deposit your energy, so you won't even have to click it to gain the full benefits. We've also given it a nifty energy-foraging scroll ability.

There will be plenty for those who have not completed Fate of the Gods too. Many rewards are tradeable and can be bought from other players, and we're completely revising the way chronicles work, so you will find them more frequently, get more XP from them, and cash them in when you want to.

Master Skillcapes and Other Ninja Updates

The ninjas have done it again this month, bringing you what you want, when you want it. Aside from their regular fixes, you can expect master skillcapes, recognising the achievement of gaining the equivalent of level 120 in a skill. Don't worry, we won't be increasing the max skill level with this update.

The ninjas have also cooked up some level 90 Ranged and Magic power gloves. These will drop from members of the Order of Ascension and celestial dragons respectively. Every combat maestro will want to get their mitts in these!

Solomon's Store and Treasure Hunter

Those of you who followed the player-designed emote competition will recognise the 'RuneScape Through the Ages' emote in Solomon's Store. It features iconic items from throughout RuneScape's history, and we had great fun reminiscing as we made it. You can also expect some brand new companion pets in Solomon's Store, and items that'll transmogrify you into a bunny, lamb or chick on Treasure Hunter.

Bank Changes from March

Finally, we would like to apologise for the delay to the bank changes. The good news is they're coming this month, and to make up for it, we're including a hefty addition that will make you weep actual tears of joy. We're giving you quick loadouts for your worn inventory and backpack, so you can grab a group of items from your bank in the swiftest of clicks

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

quote:

There's Transmute Charm, which can convert your gold charms into green, your green charms into crimson, and your crimson into blue.

:stare: Oh my.

I mean, it'll probably be terrible, but if the ratio is good enough this could be a good thing.

I wonder if I still have my shitton of gold charms.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
All the other updates are not worth my time in the face of the Divine Impling. This will revive my impling hunting again for sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
God that makes Div actually tempting, I have so many gold and green charms

• Locked thread