Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
This beard chat is making me wonder what kind of beard I should grow since I hate shaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Nessa posted:

I can't stand facial hair on men. Mustaches in particular remind me of my dad.

Mustaches generally look awful.

Iron Crowned posted:

This beard chat is making me wonder what kind of beard I should grow since I hate shaving.
Pubeard.

Just the scraggliest pubeist beard you can!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Iron Crowned posted:

don't grow a beard, just deal with it

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

My dad had a mustache for my whole childhood. Not sexy.

Bf thinks he looks silly with a beard, he's objectively wrong but I can't convince him :( Apparently it's also "too scruffy" for work which is dumb, loads of dudes have beards and jobs.

I still haven't shaved my legs after winter. I have ugly legs and I never don't wear tight anyway so I might just never shave again.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
my dad looked like sean connery with a beard

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
combined with my dads accent and bearded drivers license most cops treated him like poo poo and thought he was arabic

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Shannonmcn posted:

I still haven't shaved my legs after winter. I have ugly legs and I never don't wear tight anyway so I might just never shave again.

I have gotten mighty lax on the leg shavings since the bf and I broke up - I think I've shaved them like twice. Leggings don't show hair, hooray! I've never liked shaving my legs anyways and I refuse to wear shorts so who knows when it'll happen next. Probably not until the next fella comes along but I don't see that happening anytime soon soooooo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Women's Rights? posted:

I have gotten mighty lax on the leg shavings since the bf and I broke up - I think I've shaved them like twice. Leggings don't show hair, hooray! I've never liked shaving my legs anyways and I refuse to wear shorts so who knows when it'll happen next. Probably not until the next fella comes along but I don't see that happening anytime soon soooooo

date a tall guy and he'll never know

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My friend said my dad looks like Captain Morgan, and she's kind of right, except he's Captain Morgan with a bowl cut.

I'm really pissed off at the weather right now. We got a bunch more snow yesterday and now it's not going to get above freezing until Monday. Every day I look at the forecast and the warmer weather is always four more days away.

We're at about 10 degrees below "normal temperatures for this time of year".

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Women's Rights? posted:

I don't think bf cares. Or if he does he hasn't mentioned it. I should probs start shaving under my arms again though, I might be pushing it. Razor blades are loving expensive though :mad:

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I only shave my legs when I'm going to bare them publicly, so only in the summer basically. My bf doesn't care, and rightly so.
Armpits are a different story, I don't care what other people do but I gotta get rid of it. If I ever get a good deal on laser, it's the first thing that's being burned off

Pig Benis Disciple posted:

date a tall guy and he'll never know

he is 6'5" so maybe that's why he doesn't care

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

InvisibleMonkey posted:

I only shave my legs when I'm going to bare them publicly, so only in the summer basically. My bf doesn't care, and rightly so.
Armpits are a different story, I don't care what other people do but I gotta get rid of it. If I ever get a good deal on laser, it's the first thing that's being burned off

Mine has just got long enough that it's not prickly anymore for the first time since I was about 13, I kind of like it but when it gets to summer I'll bow to social pressure and get rid again.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I shave my armpits and nothing else. The hair on my legs is barely different from the hair on my arms. It's only visible as all on my lower calf and only if you're a couple feet away.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I think it depends on how hairy they get honestly. If they were like my legs I'd probably ask for them to be shaven. if its just peach fuzz? who cares?

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Shannonmcn posted:

I should probs start shaving under my arms again though, I might be pushing it.

Ack see I gotta keep it cleanly shaven under my arms. Hair there grosses me out, plus my deodorant doesn't work as good so I become super convinced that I'm the smelliest thing ever even though I'm totally not. But I think I am, so that poo poo has to go.

Plus shaving under my arms takes, like, a minute, unlike leg shaving which takes a million years

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Al Borland posted:

I think it depends on how hairy they get honestly. If they were like my legs I'd probably ask for them to be shaven. if its just peach fuzz? who cares?

Men careTM

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Women's Rights? posted:

Ack see I gotta keep it cleanly shaven under my arms. Hair there grosses me out, plus my deodorant doesn't work as good so I become super convinced that I'm the smelliest thing ever even though I'm totally not. But I think I am, so that poo poo has to go.

Plus shaving under my arms takes, like, a minute, unlike leg shaving which takes a million years

I dislike hair under my arms as well I don't think it is attractive.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Facial stubble is sexy as hell but unfortunately it doesn't feel as good as it looks when it's mashed against your face.

Beards (or moustaches) should not be grown unless you need them as insulation against the cold.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Women's Rights? posted:

I've run out of razor blades and I'm pretending it's feminism.

I started shaving my legs when I was 11 because it's what I thought grown up ladies did so I can't get away with not shaving them now :(

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Al Borland posted:

then you'd better be the one shaving them

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

InvisibleMonkey posted:

then you'd better be the one shaving them

Sure.

E: I'd imagine it goes 10x faster if someone else does it.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Women's Rights? posted:

yeah I don't insist on keeping my underarms ~perfectly smooth~ but every 4 days or so they need a shave so my special sweaty bitch antiperspirant works properly, don't wanna turn my morning bus ride into a gross shower for the people around me
legs it's like, whatever, I'll shave if I feel like and if I don't and somebody notices, they shouldn't have been looking so hard
I miss a strip every single time

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I shave my legs like once a week or so and my pits every few days. I hate hair anywhere except my head. My sister gets everywhere waxed. Everywhere. Even there :gonk:

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
It's such a pain in the rear end, I'm forever lamenting I got the hairy-white-ppl-gene instead of my mom's smooooth hairless legs.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Meis posted:

I shave my legs like once a week or so and my pits every few days. I hate hair anywhere except my head. My sister gets everywhere waxed. Everywhere. Even there :gonk:

Your sister is a better woman than I. I'll get my brows waxed but nothing else.

I've heard getting your pubes waxed is the most painful thing in the history of painful things, and even if it's not I'm not willing to test the theory

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Apparently it is but she doesn't care.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I had a friend who taught cosmetology. When I was unemployed she called me in to be the class guinea pig for back waxing. It wasn't pleasant, but it left my hairy man-back very nice and smooth. Apparently I did better than she thought I would.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I bet a butt wax would be pretty bad.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I'd trade pain for temporary hairlessness if it stayed away long enough. If it grows back in two weeks or something, nah.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Apparently lasering gets rid of it for good.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

^ yeah it does, it kills the follicles but only works at a certain point in the hair growth cycle iirc so it takes several goes and is mad expensive
I once made the mistake of trying one of those home waxing kits for the first time right before my school leaver's ball
it got precisely none of my leg hair, and left huge chunks of gloopy blue wax stuck all over me
then I cleverly moved on to Veet hair removal cream, which also got precisely none of my leg hair but made a nice start at burning off my skin

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Al Borland posted:

Apparently lasering gets rid of it for good.

Yeah, but that's v. expensive also, and I was talking about waxing

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

My hair is in between poof and crew

I had to run out the door this morning without a shower because I woke up late (still feeling under the weather) and had a test. Enjoy my terrible grease ball rats nest ladies :wink:

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Friend gave me the biggest skinkeye when I said I have never had a vagwax last year, she's been getting them for years and all the girls she used to work with were the same.

I don't care what Cosmo is telling people, that poo poo is not normal or everyday. Whhhhhy. :gonk:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jetsetlemming posted:

My hair is in between poof and crew

I had to run out the door this morning without a shower because I woke up late (still feeling under the weather) and had a test. Enjoy my terrible grease ball rats nest ladies :wink:

ew gross, shower every day you nerd

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shannonmcn posted:

Friend gave me the biggest skinkeye when I said I have never had a vagwax last year, she's been getting them for years and all the girls she used to work with were the same.

I don't care what Cosmo is telling people, that poo poo is not normal or everyday. Whhhhhy. :gonk:

lol

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Pig Benis Disciple posted:

ew gross, shower every day you nerd

I do, I just didn't this morning though I needed it because I'm sick and look like poo poo
Unfortunately professors don't view presentability as more important than test attendance :(

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Al Borland posted:

Sure.

E: I'd imagine it goes 10x faster if someone else does it.

I don't think so, it's just a lot of ground to cover and you'd probably cut her legs to ribbons.

Shannonmcn posted:

I'd be up for it, but I don't even know where I'd go. I'd never go bald though, that's gross imho

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jetsetlemming posted:

I do, I just didn't this morning though I needed it because I'm sick and look like poo poo
Unfortunately professors don't view presentability as more important than test attendance :(

take a shower every day, its gross and you stink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Shannonmcn posted:

ugh jesus no
why does anyone have to get literally up in anyone else's business
loving judging each other on how much cooch hair we've got

• Locked thread