Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I assume he didn't get called for the travel before the missed shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

No one ever gets called for travelling. It's the NBA, after all. Dwyane Wade can take up to seven without being called for a travel.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Oh India, all those guys coming to defend one woman's honor while saying they should rape the guy's sister.

Oh the United States, full of dumbass YouTube commentators who somehow make India look progressive.

Why is an Indian game show in English?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Why is an Indian game show in English?

In some parts of southern India Hindi is still not accepted as lingua franca.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Was closer to an up and down than a travel. I personally love the never enforced rules in the NBA. It saves me a bunch if time of having to follow the boring sport!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Solice Kirsk posted:

Was closer to an up and down than a travel.

"up and down" was a term people used in youth league to educate. Adults just call it traveling.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

I hope nobody is behind her, because she broke the bridge.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

May Contain Nuts posted:

I hope nobody is behind her, because she broke the bridge.

They could always caulk their wagon and float it across.

Monni
Apr 24, 2010

Testekill posted:

the top one is a great way to gently caress up your back.

What the gently caress is this poo poo? It's like I'm reading youtube comments. Did he died? Took an arrow in the knee. Stop trying to create a lovely meme, you autistic numbnuts.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Buzkashi posted:

They could always caulk their wagon and float it across.

Assuming they haven't died from dysentery yet.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Fat Loser posted:

Assuming they haven't died from dysentery yet.

You think that's water she's crossing?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

bobjr posted:

Sometimes horses are dicks.

Horses are dicks, but that guy ignored some pretty obvious signs that a horse is pissed off and held his arm out there anyway, he kind of deserves that one.

Ears pinned back = get the gently caress away from that horse

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Combo posted:

Horses are dicks, but that guy ignored some pretty obvious signs that a horse is pissed off and held his arm out there anyway, he kind of deserves that one.

Obvious to people who know what the signs are. Sorry, but you can't expect everyone to know this.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Eruonen posted:

Obvious to people who know what the signs are. Sorry, but you can't expect everyone to know this.

Most animals pin their ears back when they're pissed/scared and are about to get real. Two common examples that people should be relatively aware of are cats and dogs. I'm pretty sure he was aware what he was doing was stupid, but the "COOL, HORSES!" took precedence I guess. Reminds me of the bit from Louis C.K. where his daughter got bit by a wild pony in Italy.

Otcho
May 4, 2012

Combo posted:

Don't be that guy.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
The horse is also mad drooling.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Eruonen posted:

Perhaps you should have spent more time paying attention in dressage class and less time playing video games in the school arcade.
:wotwot:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Eruonen posted:

Note how pissed off that horse looks.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Saw this and thought of you guys :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqZoaWKv2k

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?

bobjr posted:

Sometimes horses are dicks.

He'll be fine once he gets bandages from Whole Foods.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Oh my god that was beautiful. I swear jerks like that buy big pickups just so they can tailgate and smear their grill right into people's rear vision mirrors.

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.

Eruonen posted:

It should also be obvious not to try to touch wild animals, but I'm glad he did because people getting chewed on by horses is hilarious.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

She was just as much in the wrong for sitting in the left lane like a piece of poo poo. Although I do appreciate aggressive hillbillies crashing their 50k trucks.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

Oh my god that was beautiful. I swear jerks like that buy big pickups just so they can tailgate and smear their grill right into people's rear vision mirrors.

Much as I love assholes wrecking their truck, you could always get the gently caress out of the left lane when people are trying to pass.

Dickhead could have just passed and sped off into the sunset, though.

edit: Haha, beaten like that dude's truck.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

veedubfreak posted:

She was just as much in the wrong for sitting in the left lane like a piece of poo poo. Although I do appreciate aggressive hillbillies crashing their 50k trucks.

That video needed a double dose of shadenfreude when she crashed her car due to yelling out the window and filming on the road.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

veedubfreak posted:

stealie72 posted:

Much as I love assholes wrecking their truck, you could always get the gently caress out of the left lane when people are trying to pass.

Or, you know, he could've obeyed the rules of the road and not been an aggressive piece of poo poo trying to save ten seconds on his daily commute and endangering the lives of other people doing so.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

veedubfreak posted:

It depends what the speed limit was there. She was going 50 and a highway like that through town could easily be a 45. They were both passing people.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

areyoucontagious posted:

That video needed a double dose of shadenfreude when she crashed her car due to yelling out the window and filming on the road.

Yeah, loving around with a cell phone trying to video something behind you while deliberately sitting in the left lane to piss off another driver is equally stupid and hypocritical.

The Dreamer
Oct 15, 2013

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

S-Alpha posted:

Or, you know, he could've obeyed the rules of the road and not been an aggressive piece of poo poo trying to save ten seconds on his daily commute and endangering the lives of other people doing so.

The rules of the road include getting into the right lane unless your passing somebody. She should have just got into the right lane after passing the one truck instead of acting like a dumbass and staying in the left lane just to rile the guy up further. Sure the dude was an rear end in a top hat but so was she and was endangering others just as much or more so by loving around with a phone while driving down the highway.

edit: beaten

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

JesustheDarkLord posted:

It depends what the speed limit was there. She was going 50 and a highway like that through town could easily be a 45. They were both passing people.

Also mentions in the comments that the road was slick as it was raining and there were trucks to the right.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

stealie72 posted:

Just realised that. We drive on the other side of the road here, so it didn't click.

Definitely people should learn to get the gently caress out of the passing lane.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Just realised that. We drive on the other side of the road here, so it didn't click.

Definitely people should learn to get the gently caress out of the passing lane.

And, if you noticed, she was passing people in the right lane. The other guy just wanted to go faster because "I have a big truck and I must go faster". It's exactly that, the passing lane, not the speeding lane, and she was well within her rights to be in that lane.

The guy deserves what he got, he has no need to be going 20 over on a rain-slicked highway (or on any highway for that matter).

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

S-Alpha posted:

And, if you noticed, she was passing people in the right lane. The other guy just wanted to go faster because "I have a big truck and I must go faster". It's exactly that, the passing lane, not the speeding lane, and she was well within her rights to be in that lane.

The guy deserves what he got, he has no need to be going 20 over on a rain-slicked highway (or on any highway for that matter).

Guy totally deserves what he got, but she only passed a single truck the whole time. I hate when assholes tailgate but just move, don't make it worse by sitting the in passing line while filming and trying to drive.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I've never understood the concept of a passing lane and sure enough, I just checked my state's motor guidebook and there's nothing in it on that.

So you're supposed to stay in the right lane unless passing? But what if you are driving significantly faster than right lane traffic and as such are continuously passing? Is there a rule against the number of cars you can pass at one time?

In this case it's irrelevant. It's not illegal to cruise in the left lane in Florida and the truck driver was almost certainly not going to slide into the right lane after he passed her. It's not really a passing lane if you never leave it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
As far as I know all of this stuff is just unwritten rules of the road, i.e. they are different depending on who you ask and can be wildly inconsistent from place to place.

Legally, the left lane is just another lane. You aren't required to go any faster than the speed limit, but most people think that if you aren't going at least 5-10 over then you are being a dick.

I think a good rule of thumb is that if you are going out of your way to be an rear end in a top hat to another driver(such as both parties in that video) than you're at least part of the problem.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Krispy Kareem posted:

I've never understood the concept of a passing lane and sure enough, I just checked my state's motor guidebook and there's nothing in it on that.

So you're supposed to stay in the right lane unless passing? But what if you are driving significantly faster than right lane traffic and as such are continuously passing? Is there a rule against the number of cars you can pass at one time?

In this case it's irrelevant. It's not illegal to cruise in the left lane in Florida and the truck driver was almost certainly not going to slide into the right lane after he passed her. It's not really a passing lane if you never leave it.

It's basically you stay right except to pass when there aren't a lot of people on the road. The rule is generally "slower traffic keep right" and if it's only you and another person on the road and they want to pass, just move right. You can get ticketed in a lot of states for just sitting in the passing lane. If you are continually passing people it's fine, you're passing slower traffic. When there are more cars on the road it is still generally "slower traffic keep right".

e: Just looked at Florida's drivers handbook and yep, same thing: keep right except to pass.

e2: When the law was passed in Florida this quote sums it up well: "If you drive within 10 mph of the speed limit, that's not a problem. But if you know you're going to be overtaken, you should move out of the way"

Basebf555 posted:

Legally, the left lane is just another lane. You aren't required to go any faster than the speed limit, but most people think that if you aren't going at least 5-10 over then you are being a dick.

I think a good rule of thumb is that if you are going out of your way to be an rear end in a top hat to another driver(such as both parties in that video) than you're at least part of the problem.

Legally in a lot of states it's slow traffic keep right. My dad was lost once and got a ticket in PA for it.

booshi has a new favorite as of 16:35 on Mar 27, 2014

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
So is this some sort of honeypot thread or

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

uwaeve posted:

So is this some sort of honeypot thread or

Eh I'm done, but I guess there may be future schadenfreude since some people don't even know what's legal to do on the road where they live.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

This, at the very least, I can agree with. If you're going about 5-10 over, that's all well and good and so long as you aren't zipping in and out of lanes/traffic, and generally being a decent driver, you're all good. But as soon as you start tailgating someone and trying to scoot around them because they aren't going fast enough for you, you're being an rear end and deserve a ticket. You're not important enough to endanger folks because you want to save a minute on your commute.

I just checked my state's handbook, and it just says that the rules for all lanes are the same, nothing about a passing lane or anything.

booshi posted:

Eh I'm done, but I guess there may be future schadenfreude since some people don't even know what's legal to do on the road where they live.

Me too, I think it's just a regional thing, and it's just beating a dead horse at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

booshi posted:

It's basically you stay right except to pass when there aren't a lot of people on the road. The rule is generally "slower traffic keep right" and if it's only you and another person on the road and they want to pass, just move right. You can get ticketed in a lot of states for just sitting in the passing lane. If you are continually passing people it's fine, you're passing slower traffic. When there are more cars on the road it is still generally "slower traffic keep right".

e: Just looked at Florida's drivers handbook and yep, same thing: keep right except to pass.

e2: When the law was passed in Florida this quote sums it up well: "If you drive within 10 mph of the speed limit, that's not a problem. But if you know you're going to be overtaken, you should move out of the way"

That last part was the only spot where I found anything about passing and that's apparently a newish law.

Keeping slower traffic to the right makes sense, but at what speed are you 'slow'? If I'm going 70 when everyone else is cruising at 55 can I legitimately be an rear end in a top hat to a guy driving 65?

S-Alpha posted:

Me too, I think it's just a regional thing, and it's just beating a dead horse at this point.

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Mar 27, 2014

• Locked thread