Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Elodie certainly needs to talk to her dad, and show him some respect. Doing anything else would be atrocious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Her dad had better be useful for once.

I knew trying to execute him would backfire.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

And now you all see where the 'Hella yuri' tag came from :v:

Talk to her dad

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Definitely talk to Dad. 2 Lumens, plus someone who mysteriously strangled his wife, and we know nothing about magic... maybe he has some advice, since he doesn't want us to become involved with magic?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

jonjonaug posted:

Edit: I think that brings the list of characters in the game who are at least bisexual (that we know about) to four now, right?

If by that you mean characters that aren't strictly heterosexual, then yes, there are 4, so far.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 26, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Geez, this Lumen situation is getting out of hand. I'm not saying we should hunt them all down and have them executed or anything, but... :black101:

Maybe dad can help us arrange this.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I've actually never seen this plot thread! It's going to be amazing.

No, gently caress you dad! This is all your fault!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Dad! Dad!

What is it, Elodie?

This is terrible! There are people out there who are plotting to kill me!

Don't worry, dear, I'm sure it's all a big misunderstanding. If we only try to talk to them, they'll come around and see that you did what you thought was right.

Or they'll burn you to death with their heathen magicks. Could go either way, really.

(Talk to your dad.)

sgtsnookums
Nov 20, 2012
Since dad's usually too busy to talk to us, we should take this rare opportunity to do so.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I say you Don't talk to him! Just because that question is clearly manipulative. :colbert:
Well, for all we are concerned we did everything daddy wanted. We fought those evil lumen, just like he always hoped.

I am really surprised how deep this sideplot goes. I never imprisoned Juliana, because it always felt like a bad idea, which doesn't actually have any advantages.

Also, I guess remembered wrong, when I thought that the demonguy would counter-execute Elodie.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

You guys are pissing off all the best people this run, and we have no real way to defend ourselves from them.

I will laugh so hard if this ends up our first run where we survive.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

quote:

GUARDS! Arrest her!

Throw her into the castle dungeons and let her rot!

Nope! (boom!)

quote:

(Perhaps some time in the dungeons will make that priestess talk!)

Nope! (boom!)

quote:

:devil: Heeeeey!

You will be hanged in public as a deterrent to future criminals.

:devil: ...is this castle insured?
She will never learn.

Can't remember, but there appears to a lack of explanation about what all of the weekend activities are. Why is there a ladder(?) icon next to the southwest tower and what does it do?

Also: does having your tutor go rogue affect faith training?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

silentsnack posted:

She will never learn.

Can't remember, but there appears to a lack of explanation about what all of the weekend activities are. Why is there a ladder(?) icon next to the southwest tower and what does it do?

Also: does having your tutor go rogue affect faith training?

The ladder icon is "Sneak Out". +2 to Willful and +1 to Lonely. It's one of the more useful options. Your Faith classes aren't affected at all by your Faith tutor going away.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

my dad posted:

Elodie certainly needs to talk to her dad, and show him some respect. Doing anything else would be atrocious.
Oh sure, of course you'd say that.

(Talk to dad.)

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

So, Brin just straight-up sold out her ex-girlfriend to the greedy, raging nightmare of a princess that is Elodie? Nice.

Oh, and that other saltwater geyser during the Festival of the Good Lady was probably staged by Selene, all things considered. Goddamn.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Talk to dad to find out if he's a rogue Lumen. Then execute him! New course: maximum inquisition :catholic::respek::black101:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Let's not talk to ....Ahaha, just kidding!

It took me two games to figure out how to correctly unlock this hard-to-see chain of events, so my vote is definitely Talk to Dad so we can continue it.

Penakoto posted:

You guys are pissing off all the best people this run, and we have no real way to defend ourselves from them.

I will laugh so hard if this ends up our first run where we survive.

I THINK that we have enough skills right now that we could bumble past all the possible deaths to the ending. That would require quite a few of the right choices at key decision points, though.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Daddy, I'm scared! We need some sort of... ultimate answer to this Lumen problem!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

silentsnack posted:

When playing the game, hovering over the weekend activity icons shows you their name and effect. That ladder in the lower left is "Sneak out" which is +2 Willful, +1 Lonely. Things that trigger special scenes instead show "???" as their effect.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

So, Brin just straight-up sold out her ex-girlfriend to the greedy, raging nightmare of a princess that is Elodie? Nice.

Well Brin's kinda...

MegaZeroX posted:

You are welcome, my Queen. Always.

Yeah...

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Air is lava! posted:

I am really surprised how deep this sideplot goes. I never imprisoned Juliana, because it always felt like a bad idea, which doesn't actually have any advantages.

Also, I guess remembered wrong, when I thought that the demonguy would counter-execute Elodie.

Yeah, the choice about what to do with Julianna has a bunch of possible outcomes, not even counting "imprison her just long enough to see the alternate snake scene" and "die by :shopkeeper:".

(Also, you don't have PMs.)

Oh, and that other saltwater geyser during the Festival of the Good Lady was probably staged by Selene, all things considered. Goddamn.

It certainly explains why you don't get a chance to interpret the omen or use lore or history to remember reading about mysterious(ly convenient) geysers, doesn't it? I think all the Lumens you encounter except for Elodie herself have some kind of specialty - earthquakes, water, explosions, and so forth - but you won't see them using their signature moves every time you play.

nielsm posted:

When playing the game, hovering over the weekend activity icons shows you their name and effect. That ladder in the lower left is "Sneak out" which is +2 Willful, +1 Lonely. Things that trigger special scenes instead show "???" as their effect.

The hover information is especially useful for the activities whose effects can change - for example if there's no Julianna scene available, visiting the dungeon while more Yielding than Willful makes you more Yielding and more Afraid, visiting it while more Willful than Yielding makes you more Willful and more Angry, visiting it while neutral on that mood bar has no effect (which is convenient if you have managed to be Neutral mood and want to stay that way!), and then of course if there's a Julianna scene available it's ???.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

alex314 posted:

Talk to dad to find out if he's a rogue Lumen. Then execute him! New course: maximum inquisition :catholic::respek::black101:

I am in full support of this notion! :catholic:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Talk to dad, I'm sure he will be able to protect us from the scary lumen witches.

jonjonaug posted:

Well Brin's kinda...

Yeah...
Is she trying to put the moves on the future queen? Clever girl.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Poil posted:

Talk to dad, I'm sure he will be able to protect us from the scary lumen witches.

Is she trying to put the moves on the future queen? Clever girl.

The comparisons to Crusader Kings 2 gets more and more appropriate with every update.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

jonjonaug posted:

Well Brin's kinda...

Yeah...

Taking bets that after the next inevitable death, the goonmind rushes to trying it on with Brin.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

ActionZero posted:

Taking bets that after the next inevitable death, the goonmind rushes to trying it on with Brin.

Sweet Marriage Arrangements, Hella Yuri. Let's Play Long Live the Queen!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

When I was going through a game with the "gently caress Magic, Kill Juliana and all the Lumens" plot, I ended up having Elodie pursue Brin at the same time. It was pretty funny to think of the chain of events that had Brin be someone who had been dumped, become a significant other to the most powerful person in the realm, then having her new girlfriend order the execution of her ex-girlfriend and ex-girlfriend's new partner.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Catalina posted:

When I was going through a game with the "gently caress Magic, Kill Juliana and all the Lumens" plot, I ended up having Elodie pursue Brin at the same time. It was pretty funny to think of the chain of events that had Brin be someone who had been dumped, become a significant other to the most powerful person in the realm, then having her new girlfriend order the execution of her ex-girlfriend and ex-girlfriend's new partner.

quote:

WITCH HUNT!

As you wish.

You're right though, we should just kill every loving Lumen in the kingdom. Who needs lightsabers when we're about to take over the entire continent via the power of the state-run printing press? God only knows how soon Elodie will realize that the thing can print money as quickly as it can print books.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 27, 2014

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

You're right though, we should just kill every loving Lumen in the kingdom. Who needs lightsabers when we're about to take over the entire continent via the power of the state-run printing press? God only knows how soon Elodie will realize that the thing can print money as quickly as it can print books.

I just hope we start seeing some dividends off of the printing press thing before our nigh-inevitable and likely grisly demise.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Spiritus Nox posted:

I just hope we start seeing some dividends off of the printing press thing before our nigh-inevitable and likely grisly demise.

Unfortunately, I think any benefit we'd see from the printing press is gated behind that Military check we failed. There may have been some hidden variable increase like noble or peasant relations, but it's the option we couldn't pick that has a concrete effect.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Super Jay Mann posted:

The comparisons to Crusader Kings 2 gets more and more appropriate with every update.
Considering the number of interwoven plots and the impossibility of seeing them all in one playthrough, Alpha Protocol is also a valid comparison.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Talk to Dad, set him up as Dadpope or something to lead the holy inquisition, though we might need more soldiers for that...

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Talk to Dad.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Penakoto posted:

Sweet Marriage Arrangements, Hella Yuri. Let's Play Long Live the Queen!
Nothing wrong with a little sisterly (or brotherly) love. I wonder if it's possible to marry a gay lord too.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
Never went this far down the rabbit hole. When I did my NonLumen run I just let her go because I figured she wasn't going to try to kill me if I didn't throw her in jail :v:

I'm actually wondering where this will take us.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
I'm sure only good things await us.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Now that I think about it, there is one character that unlocks as a romantic interest for Elodie down this path. It's actually pretty refreshing, because if you try to pursue them, they're like "gently caress no, you are 14, Elodie." We most likely won't be able to see it in this playthrough because of the skills required.

Ephemeron posted:

Considering the number of interwoven plots and the impossibility of seeing them all in one playthrough, Alpha Protocol is also a valid comparison.

Long Live the Queen: Alpha Crusader Kings Protocol Pretty Princess Sim.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

MegaZeroX posted:

(Perhaps some time in the dungeons will make that priestess talk!)

You will be hanged in public as a deterrent to future criminals.

I love how Elodie relishes executions and imprisonments. We've raised her right :allears:

Also, Talk to dad. He seems to be the only other sane one right now. Which is frightening in and of itself. Also, I want to see where this plot thread goes :P

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Yup, at that point, we are wandering into full jrpg villain territory. Complete with incompetent guards. Soon Julianna and the priestess are going to bust our doors open with a warrior type and a dashing rogue. Will Elodie change into some kind of angel like being during the fight? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Iceclaw posted:

Yup, at that point, we are wandering into full jrpg villain territory. Complete with incompetent guards. Soon Julianna and the priestess are going to bust our doors open with a warrior type and a dashing rogue. Will Elodie change into some kind of angel like being during the fight? :ohdear:

poo poo, you're right. Execute every dashing rogue in the realm, including all bards. Then talk to Dad about it.

• Locked thread