Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

When will the government finally step in and just make infinite numbers of lanes so everyone can drive at their own pace and comfort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIGER HOODZ
Aug 3, 2009

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks

Dusseldorf posted:

I assume he didn't get called for the travel before the missed shot?

You're allowed to take what's called a "pro hop" before a shot- helps you square up and all that. You can take up to 2 steps without dribbling before you have to stop, shoot, or pass. It looks kinda sketchy what he did, but in essence he moved both his feet only once after the dribble, which is effectively 2 steps. Here's a youtube on a pro hop if you're interested in it enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcDx514FsZ8

Otcho
May 4, 2012

Holy poo poo guys shut up about horses/basketball/cars and post more dudes getting hit in the nuts

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaNTd3fqzsQ

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Basebf555 posted:

Legally, the left lane is just another lane. You aren't required to not go any faster than the speed limit

That's why they call it a speed limit.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Otcho posted:

Holy poo poo guys shut up about horses/basketball/cars and post more dudes getting hit in the nuts

Hey look it's you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cpGQ3zUuB0

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

This is particularly great:

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.

Otcho posted:

I really enjoyed your contribution to the thread.

"A Epic Temper Tantrum?" Just for that mistake I hope the kid throws tantrums like this every day.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Faber posted:

I love how in some of these clips, there's a lag between the thoughts "My car is on fire" and "My car is on fire and I should get out"

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

BjornOfBorg posted:

No one ever gets called for travelling. It's the NBA, after all. Dwyane Wade can take up to seven without being called for a travel.

Given Wade's knees those seven steps are seen as a miracle.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

canyoneer posted:

I love how in some of these clips, there's a lag between the thoughts "My car is on fire" and "My car is on fire and I should get out"

Maybe he was grabbing his wallet/phone/keys?

amaroyui
Feb 3, 2012

Freudian slippers posted:

Man, what assholes. I'll never understand why someone in charge would spend their time hassling the workers about procedure and generally be out to get them when

Oh...

This was stuff after work, not anything any of us would do AT work. We all knew where we were, and where we were was a maximum security prison. If you consider us blowing off steam after work worthy of being hassled, well, I disagree. Less stress build up means less burn out.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

The most hilarious schadenfreude is watching old fat white people get apoplectic because the athletic black man dared to move his foot during a dribble. Traveling is a very specific rule with regards to 'gathering', steps, and ball movement, and players are much, much better at dribbling than they were in the 70s.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

amaroyui posted:

This was stuff after work, not anything any of us would do AT work. We all knew where we were, and where we were was a maximum security prison. If you consider us blowing off steam after work worthy of being hassled, well, I disagree. Less stress build up means less burn out.

No, no. You all sound like mature, professional, responsible adults who can be trusted with the health and lives of the inmates and not at all like a bunch of juvenile frat boys.

amaroyui posted:

Also, at the officer dorms, we would try to ambush each other with paintball guns, hide easily spoiled food in other rooms, JB weld things to people's beds/doors/floors/closets, one of them being a used dildo(donated from one of the female officers) on someone else's doorknob. Left it running too.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Gerund posted:

The most hilarious schadenfreude is watching old fat white people get apoplectic because the athletic black man dared to move his foot during a dribble. Traveling is a very specific rule with regards to 'gathering', steps, and ball movement, and players are much, much better at dribbling than they were in the 70s.

You, or someone, keeps saying this, but nobody ever cracks open the rule book and shows me the part where you're allowed to take seven steps while setting up a sweet rear end dunk and the ball never touches the ground.

It looks amazing, I don't even watch sports, so I really don't care ultimately, but it's weird to say expecting dribbling to be called, ever, is racist?

If you've got a side by side evolution of dribbling analysis youtube then please present your thesis that sounds interesting as heck.

Lifetime77
May 20, 2007

Hello Bastards.

Faber posted:

Am I the only one who thinks this looks really fake? It's like the flame is next to the car and not in it.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Lifetime77 posted:

Am I the only one who thinks this looks really fake? It's like the flame is next to the car and not in it.

I want to say that the engine shat its oilpan out and that caught fire or something, but the car doesn't ever actually move and none of the smoke comes out on the driver's side so I think I'm on the 'fake' bandwagon too.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Someone in the audience is enjoying some good schadenfreude right now...

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POgVnPOAJZ0

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

:golfclap:

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

You can see the leak if you keep your eye just to the left of the front tire, between the car and the ground. Right at the beginning you can see something coming out of it when he's pulling up. Nice work.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Bit of context:

Marouane Fellaini, the guy on the left, claimed that that the other guy "bounced his jaw into my elbow"

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Bit of context:

Marouane Fellaini, the guy on the left, claimed that that the other guy "bounced his jaw into my elbow"

Also he only got booked by the referee instead of being sent off the pitch instantly.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Sports may kill you one day.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Atmus posted:

I want to say that the engine shat its oilpan out and that caught fire or something, but the car doesn't ever actually move and none of the smoke comes out on the driver's side so I think I'm on the 'fake' bandwagon too.

It looks like a S14, I was thinking possibly the fuel filter coming off, I had an old S13 with a SR20DE in it and the fuel filter was in the engine bay on the passenger just behind the strut I think. The pressure when it let go would have dropped alot of fuel very quickly, then stopped once he (I'm hoping) cut the ignition, and poured out the passenger side.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Slightly editorialized, but...ow.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Monni posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo? It's like I'm reading youtube comments. Did he died? Took an arrow in the knee. Stop trying to create a lovely meme, you autistic numbnuts.

Easy there son, shitposting that hard is a great way to gently caress up your back

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Solice Kirsk posted:

Was closer to an up and down than a travel. I personally love the never enforced rules in the NBA. It saves me a bunch if time of having to follow the boring sport!

Basketball is the best sport other than a really good gridiron game. Not boring in the least. Soccer? Baseball? lovely football game? Those are boring sports.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Can someone explain the 'Fencing Response' to me?
Preferably in a long-winded post.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Say Nothing posted:

Can someone explain the 'Fencing Response' to me?
Preferably in a long-winded post.

When you get knocked out cold your arms stretch out a bit in front of you probably as a last ditched defense mechanism or your body trying to protect you as you may fall over.
It looks like a man fencing, or putting up a fence, or selling stolen goods.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Frostwerks posted:

Basketball is the best sport other than a really good gridiron game. Not boring in the least. Soccer? Baseball? lovely football game? Those are boring sports.

Have you watched rugby? As an American, I hadn't seen it until the band I was stationed with went down to New Zealand for the World Cup. As far as spectating, that game beats the gently caress out of anything we watch regularly here. Those guys are loving beasts, and the officiants haven't heard of any sort of time-out ever. The game clock is 80 minutes, and the only planned stoppage is for halftime. I loving hate that (American) football games take upwards of 4 hours.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

hooah posted:

Have you watched rugby? As an American, I hadn't seen it until the band I was stationed with went down to New Zealand for the World Cup. As far as spectating, that game beats the gently caress out of anything we watch regularly here. Those guys are loving beasts, and the officiants haven't heard of any sort of time-out ever. The game clock is 80 minutes, and the only planned stoppage is for halftime. I loving hate that (American) football games take upwards of 4 hours.

It's balanced out by week long cricket test matches.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

hooah posted:

Rugby's pretty entertaining to be honest. It's got a lot of common characteristics with things that make me like watching basketball though I'm not too familiar with the rules. Lot of possessions for both teams, mostly continuous action (although basketball does have lots of stoppages it's never for very long save for injuries and it doesn't really interfere with the flow of the game), the potential for very high scoring matches but even a relatively low scoring, defense oriented game is interesting because the action is so constant.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

More than 30 seconds between someone scoring points? How are we supposed to pay attention to that?

Anyway, people injuring themselves in humourous ways...

http://i.minus.com/iK3twTKmklxLT.gif

e: might have screwed embedding that up, schadenfreude is all mine

Pseudohog has a new favorite as of 01:53 on Mar 28, 2014

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Krinkle posted:

You, or someone, keeps saying this, but nobody ever cracks open the rule book and shows me the part where you're allowed to take seven steps while setting up a sweet rear end dunk and the ball never touches the ground.

It looks amazing, I don't even watch sports, so I really don't care ultimately, but it's weird to say expecting dribbling to be called, ever, is racist?

If you've got a side by side evolution of dribbling analysis youtube then please present your thesis that sounds interesting as heck.

The rulebook actually says that whether or not you're dribbling the ball has nothing to do with how many steps you take between bounces. You just have to bounce the ball continuously, and not hold it or support it from the underside.

With regards to setting up a shot, you get your two steps after you stop dribbling (that is to say: after you actually grab or palm the ball) before it counts as travelling. The real reason you don't see people being called for travelling is because they're skilled athletes who have the training to be able to achieve as much as possible without breaking the rules.

amaroyui
Feb 3, 2012

Freudian slippers posted:

No, no. You all sound like mature, professional, responsible adults who can be trusted with the health and lives of the inmates and not at all like a bunch of juvenile frat boys.

Mmmhmm. You never did anything fun with co-workers in your life, and all people who have heavy responsibilities can never break character. Getting out of the derail, thanks for... whatever it is you wanted to add to this conversation.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
More money than brains, I think this is the thread for it

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

hackedaccount posted:

More money than brains, I think this is the thread for it

How? You know what. Nevermind.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

jaegerx posted:

How? You know what. Nevermind.

Alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU