Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Fütbol
May 18, 2003

FUCKING GOOOOOOOAL IN PHRAGMATICS FYAD CONTEST
I just want to mention two things from yesterday's show:

1. How the gently caress did Robin not know Fred Phelps died?

2. I loved Speech Impediment Man asking "Should King of All Blacks get a tattoo of a Moen faucet?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Daniel Carver clip pack part 2 -, holy christ they've added advertisement captchas now so sorry if you get one but I'm not going pro!

e: Scott the Engineer clip pack part 1

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 26, 2014

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

John Fütbol posted:

I just want to mention two things from yesterday's show:

1. How the gently caress did Robin not know Fred Phelps died?

The character that Robin plays on the show, by design, is not well informed or prepared on actual news and current events.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I completely lost my focus today during a meeting. At work we always put Jazz FM on as background music just to help add some white noise, and usually I never pay attention to any of it, but during one of their pre-recorded station identification bits today they specifically mentioned all the "pieces of vinyl" they have. Someone must be a Stern fan over there.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

rawdog pozfail posted:

Daniel Carver clip pack part 2 -, holy christ they've added advertisement captchas now so sorry if you get one but I'm not going pro!

e: Scott the Engineer clip pack part 1

Love this old poo poo, thanks for sharing.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Literally every time I turn the show on lately it's the Wrap-Up Show.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Drove six hours last weekend and listened to a bunch of Stern.

Put me in a remembering mood. my favorite show moments are making fun of Jackie. His Jetty. the five houses. King of Bayville.

Edit

Oh god making fun of Scott.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

euphronius posted:

Drove six hours last weekend and listened to a bunch of Stern.

Put me in a remembering mood. my favorite show moments are making fun of Jackie. His Jetty. the five houses. King of Bayville.

Edit

Oh god making fun of Scott.

One of my favorite Jackie bits was the time he threw some huge lobster cookout at one of his shacks but there was no propane to cook the lobsters and the food didn't get served until like, 11pm. I can't find it on YouTube for the life of me, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about I'd love to listen to it again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think this is it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVKG-g0sL2c

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Yesss I think this is it. Jackie makes everyone wait for his wife to perform before he puts out the food, hah.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you want the full version of that it's here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh95NeDH7IY&t=308m5s

that whole 5 hour Jackie compilation is great.

kylej fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 28, 2014

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I've been listening through the old shows and I'm in mid-2004.

There was a great bit around the time of Win John's Job where they did a playboy evaluation for Jillian Grace.

I had no idea Stern show "discovered" her from a nobody in Missouri to Playboy, a bunch of lovely movies and having Spade's kid. Basically 20 minutes on the show set her up for life.

Also eerily accurate is that Artie predicted David Spade would bang her.

Another great thing about old shows is how crude KC is: "TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT AND SHOW US THOSE CANS, SISTA"

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

an adult beverage posted:

There was a great bit around the time of Win John's Job where they did a playboy evaluation for Jillian Grace.

Ralph is such a homo

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Good lord is Maria Menounos annoying. Did the world really need "Fran Drescher 2.0"?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Sasquatch! posted:

Good lord is Maria Menounos annoying. Did the world really need "Fran Drescher 2.0"?

Who cares. She's pretty and her bf is a Stern mark so it works.

HONEEEY. NOOOOOOOAH.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s87kHl8b8uU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I hated George Lopez but somehow he came across well on that interview. Maybe that awful TBS show is to blame.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Godinster posted:

I hated George Lopez but somehow he came across well on that interview. Maybe that awful TBS show is to blame.

I really liked his first appearance back in 2005 or so. He told a really funny story about some old bag at his country club, which he paid like $200,000 to join, thinking he was a valet and yelling at him to get a wheelchair for her equally old rear end husband.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

I'm sure George Lopez would cringe at the comparison, but it's probably like how people say that Jay Leno is a good standup comic despite being utterly bland on the Tonight Show.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I still laugh like an idiot at this call: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2kZ2jEOCb8

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Does anyone have a clip of how the welder's mask on Gary started? I forgot about that bit and it's hilarious.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
We'll hope that he calls back.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
now removed

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Who are the two other people? Didn't Beth recently do this before? Put something up on Instagram and quickly take it down?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
From that copyright in the corner I'd guess her dumb yoga friend put it up without thinking and now we all get to laugh at what a cuckold Howard is

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I dunno who he is. I looked up his instagram and it seems like he's just a rich kid who flies around in private jets for a living.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

kylej posted:

now removed

This is probably nothing at all but it did remind me of those weird photos she took being all over a guy from some TV shoot.

Poor Howard.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

-Atom- posted:

This is probably nothing at all but it did remind me of those weird photos she took being all over a guy from some TV shoot.

Poor Howard.

Probably nothing but if this is my wife I'm pretty furious over it. That pose and that look do not speak to me as one of a faithful wife.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Bung Harmer posted:

Who are the two other people? Didn't Beth recently do this before? Put something up on Instagram and quickly take it down?

Looks like Alec Baldwin's gold digger wife posted it. Maybe there's some sort of club.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Looks like Alec Baldwin's gold digger wife posted it. Maybe there's some sort of club.

Trophy wives get banged by rich young guys club.

That's some flexible poo poo that lady is doing. Her leg is up on his neck.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Beth has that "Marry an older man only to poison his dinner and inherit all his money" look on her face.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 31, 2014

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Alec Baldwin's wife has a bunch of photos with her legs all over the place because she's really into yoga or something. Yes, those are her legs up around her arms.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Im sure Howard got a prenup. Or did he talk about that on the air.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

euphronius posted:

Im sure Howard got a prenup. Or did he talk about that on the air.

He does but that won't stop most divorce lawyers.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Holy cow. I'd never listened to the original song before, and it makes Artie's version even funnier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzvL4O3uomg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQOVWX9bTA

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

lil wayne is for fags, i wants my dime bags

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ugh, Howard slobbing Chuck Zito's knob CONSTANTLY on the E! show gives me such douche chills.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Over the past month or so, I've been listening to HS clips on n YouTube every single day while working. I can't believe how little I knew of the show, and how much I've got to know since starting. I didn't know about the Ash Wednesday clip, so I'll be checking it out tomorrow, but does anyone have any essential clips I should check out? I've already heard the following:

- narcissism test
- newlywed game (oh my god, vinaigrette...)
- artie quits / gets weighed / Crystal Clear
- Jay Mohr/Dice-Clay/O&A feud
- pretty much all the quizzes, gameshows, hollyweird squares episodes.
- various multi-part disturbed caller clips
- quite a few 2013 celeb interviews

It's so strange... I've listened to SO much, and yet obviously haven't even scratched the surface of the show's almost 30-year-long run. I never want it to stop, but I know it will.

Also, I have a HUGE appreciation for Jim Breuer now, holy poo poo.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, I have a HUGE appreciation for Jim Breuer now, holy poo poo.

He has a documentary about his dad on netflix, it was really good. He seems like a good dude, I always wish him well and hope he lands a sitcom or something good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

AxeManiac posted:

He has a documentary about his dad on netflix, it was really good. He seems like a good dude, I always wish him well and hope he lands a sitcom or something good.

His book is pretty good too.