Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dr. Buttass posted:

Casper was just a lovely movie is all. You had poo poo taste as a kid. I had poo poo taste as a kid. Own it.
(mumbles something about not caring about what anyone says, Space Jam is great)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Dr. Buttass posted:

Wreck-It Ralph was a film for children. Kung-Fu Panda and the sequel were films for children. Adventure Time and Gravity Falls are shows for children.

Casper was just a lovely movie is all. You had poo poo taste as a kid. I had poo poo taste as a kid. Own it.

None of the things you mentioned are "for children". They're all written to appeal to a wide age range. Casper isn't, it's written pretty much just for kids and it shows.

JT Jag posted:

(mumbles something about not caring about what anyone says, Space Jam is great)

who said space jam isn't great. i'll fight them.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I think the live-action Casper film was the first thing I ever saw at a real cinema. :allears: It was either that or Babe...

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Man, if you thought the first live action Casper movie was bad, I hope you all never stumble across the second one - with even worse CGI and less plot!

Podima fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 27, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
How very dare you all. Show some respect, Bill Pullman was PRESIDENT

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Itinerant space bum you mean :colbert:

Ofaloaf posted:

If Mort hadn't died he might still be around. Maybe we'll get to see Mort all old and adult-like? or maybe like a seventy-year-old corpse, who knows

When the strip first goes up he'll be some crusty old guy we've never seen before. When this chapter is eventually printed, everything after the second run will feature young Mort.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Nettle Soup posted:

I think the live-action Casper film was the first thing I ever saw at a real cinema. :allears: It was either that or Babe...

Babe IS a great film though...

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Roger Tangerines posted:

who said space jam isn't great. i'll fight them.
Space Jam is actually really, really loving bad but we've entered an era where people remember it fondly, usually based off of dumb youtube remixes

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

Space Jam is actually really, really loving bad but we've entered an era where people remember it fondly, usually based off of dumb youtube remixes
I'll admit that Casper probably isn't as good as I remember it. But Space Jam was a legitimately good movie.

Next you'll tell me that D2: The Mighty Ducks sucked.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Nihilarian posted:

I'll admit that Casper probably isn't as good as I remember it. But Space Jam was a legitimately good movie.

Next you'll tell me that D2: The Mighty Ducks sucked.

Even if a movie sucks you're still allowed to like it~
But just because you liked it doesn't mean it didn't blow~

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Roger Tangerines posted:

None of the things you mentioned are "for children". They're all written to appeal to a wide age range. Casper isn't, it's written pretty much just for kids and it shows.

They are for children. The primary target audience for all of those things is children. It's just that when you write something for children, and you don't talk down to them like they're as dumb as you are, you end up with something that appeals to all ages anyway because it's actually loving good.

Seriously, this whole attitude that if it doesn't suck then it's not really for children is literally how bronies justify themselves. Don't be a brony, Roger.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
I remember watching it once or twice as a kid and I didn't even like it, then.

I may have been distracted by the contest I was having in my brain regarding which of the two main characters had the bigger forehead, though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

IronicDongz posted:

Nope nope nope nope nope

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Space Jam was amazing and one of, if not the, all time greatest.

The sequel will be a narcissistic overhyped primadonna that will never be as good as the original.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I actually consistently see sports websites include spacejam in their top ____ sports movies of all time lists too.

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

I've never seen Space Jam.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

lookslikerain posted:

I've never seen Space Jam.
Your childhood sucks, return it and get a new one.

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Dr. Buttass posted:

Seriously, this whole attitude that if it doesn't suck then it's not really for children is literally how bronies justify themselves.

Oh, man. You've found an argument even more reprehensible than Godwin.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Roger Tangerines posted:

Bronitler.

I'm afraid that if I google that, I will get results.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Roger Tangerines posted:

Yes, absolutely. Comparing your attitude to an identical attitude literally expressed by many people who exist and are alive right now saying the thing is even worse than comparing you to an abstracted idea that has become more of a shorthand for generic evil than any real expression of the horrendous acts they actually perpetrated. I am so shamed for my misdeeds, for I have wronged greatly, how dare I show my face on the internet in this the two-thousand and fourteenth year of our Lord. Lock me up, throw away the key, whip me until my tenderest areas are naught but hamburger.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dr. Buttass posted:

Yes, absolutely. Comparing your attitude to an identical attitude literally expressed by many people who exist and are alive right now saying the thing is even worse than comparing you to an abstracted idea that has become more of a shorthand for generic evil than any real expression of the horrendous acts they actually perpetrated. I am so shamed for my misdeeds, for I have wronged greatly, how dare I show my face on the internet in this the two-thousand and fourteenth year of our Lord. Lock me up, throw away the key, whip me until my tenderest areas are naught but hamburger.

Holy gently caress not only are you a long-winded idiot, you're one who couldn't get a joke if it walked up and kneecapped you. That is a double whammy.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Roger Tangerines posted:

It's a dumb argument, but this is also dumb.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Nihilarian posted:

It's a dumb argument, but this is also dumb.

What is Joke's??? I don't know how Joke
What do humor

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Holy gently caress not only are you a long-winded idiot, you're one who couldn't get a joke if it walked up and kneecapped you. That is a double whammy.

Hey man, give him a break. If someone kneecapped me before a fight I don't think I'd be able to beat anything bigger than a caterpillar either. :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No joke, I got confused and thought I was in the wrong thread with all this arguing over non-Gunnerkrigg stuff.

I hope we get a short history of Mort's adventures up til he met Annie :ghost:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mighty Dicktron posted:

What is Joke's??? I don't know how Joke
What do humor
But it's not all that funny?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Tollymain posted:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Tollymain posted:

I want a week of Mort just floating as a bedsheet ghost in Gunnerkrigg Court.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I was trying to think of a way to segue Space Jam arguments into Gunnerkrigg Court and now I'm picturing Jones watching Space Jam. I wonder if Jones can judge aesthetics or if she's unaware that Space Jam is a good movie.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fecha posted:

I was trying to think of a way to segue Space Jam arguments into Gunnerkrigg Court and now I'm picturing Jones watching Space Jam. I wonder if Jones can judge aesthetics or if she's unaware that Space Jam is a good movie.

Now I want a Kat/Annie/Reynardine+Jones end-of-chapter thing like where they watched Princess Mononoke, but with Space Jam.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Jones was present for its filming. She understood its cultural significance and observed it accordingly.

Reverend Cheddar
Nov 6, 2005

wriggle cat is happy

Fecha posted:

"It's time to slam now." :geno:

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
"If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest." :smugjones:

Jhordhynne
Jan 12, 2010

Aw, we're back to normal rotd-vision. I was hoping for more wackiness since Kat is still around. :sigh: I suppose it makes sense that this chapter is from Annie's perspective.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Mort's gonna tell the ROTD about his crossing over, and then the multi-headed mass will crash through the door, bellowing "NOOOOOOO YOU SHALL NEVER LEAVE!"

"Unless you fill out this form. Please press down hard, we need it in triplicate. The goldenrod copy is for you!"

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm still betting the issue is going to be Jones, the rotd will want to clear it with her I'm sure.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I'm thinking the job's not at all consequential to the RotD, and Dad Dracula just wanted to make Morty feel good about his new role in unlife.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I hope we get to see Smitty say his goodbyes.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Wyld Karde posted:

I'm thinking the job's not at all consequential to the RotD, and Dad Dracula just wanted to make Morty feel good about his new role in unlife.
I think that's the assumption we're supposed to be making, since it's been clear from the start that Mort takes his job way too seriously. And that will be backed up when the ROTD tell him it's OK, his job was super important but moving on when he wants to is more important and they'll manage somehow.

Final chapter page is the entire ROTD running around shrieking in panic desperately trying to work out how to cope with this actually rather catastrophic occurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.
Unless Mort's job was providing a reason for Jones to come to and stay at the Court in the first place since she felt a sense of responsibility for the lil ghost.