Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

A thread full of people who watch/make let's plays making fun of hypothetical sex problems is way too much for me right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

As an experienced sex haver I can probably provide some tips and tricks as needed.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

David D. Davidson posted:

"OH IT'S BECAUSE THEY EXPECT YOU TO BUY A loving STRATEGY GUIDE."

"Okay so now what?... ...Okay so the chat is telling me to start by sucking on her nipples.."

sounds like most goon relationships tbh

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
DSP fails at: sex ed

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

A thread full of people who watch/make let's plays making fun of hypothetical sex problems is way too much for me right now.

Oh this is a forum where I shouldn't emptyquote, whoops

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Hah.

Atlus tweeted this sometime earlier today.

quote:

Wondering how @pewdiepie would react to Daylight's horror? Watch and see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUWmXF6ACDw

Later on, I see they've put up this message on Facebook.

quote:

Ok. We learned a valuable lesson a little while ago about which YouTube caster(s) our community doesn't like. So we're putting it to you: which ones DO you like? Let us know, we'll try to work with those ones first and foremost.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

forbidden lesbian posted:

Oh this is a forum where I shouldn't emptyquote, whoops

empty quoting is a universal language and should be allowed everywhere

Phantasium posted:

Hah.

The impression that I get is that for all the subscribers that Pewdiepie has, he's not very popular with the "gaming" community. That's a good thing for him because most gamers are horrible wankers, but it means that companies might not cozy up to him at times...

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Poor Atlus, just going off of which guy will get them the most exposure :(

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Hell, at least they are asking their fans who they'd rather see advertise their game instead of just ignoring them. It's progress.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Atlus is good and cool

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

What's funny is looking at the comments about a third of them are still suggesting PDP.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

At least Atlus is putting in the effort to learn what their audience likes!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazyfire posted:

As an experienced sex haver I can probably provide some tips and tricks as needed.

Sounds like you need to find an appropriate game, facecam and post it up in the sandcastle.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Doesn't PDP just make a whole lot of "lol random" montages now? Like I can see if you wanted to see a game you'd want someone who'd give a basic review in a mature manner, not some guy screaming over 10 second jump cuts.

I think a lot of people had the same issue when he got the South Park game early, because he spent way too much time making dumb jokes in the customization screen.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

bobjr posted:

Doesn't PDP just make a whole lot of "lol random" montages now? Like I can see if you wanted to see a game you'd want someone who'd give a basic review in a mature manner, not some guy screaming over 10 second jump cuts.

Even if PDP is familiar to people, I have a hard time figuring out why people would prefer watching him ramble over jump cut footage instead of a trailer/gameplay video/preview from an official source.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Even if PDP is familiar to people, I have a hard time figuring out why people would prefer watching him ramble over jump cut footage instead of a trailer/gameplay video/preview from an official source.

Because he's funny. :downs:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I've been watching Achievement Hunter's GTA Heist and I have to say I really love how the video is set up, from the live action "planning" to the casing and having the guys who die during the heist cut from the audio. Though it really drags after the 15-20 minute mark until the actual heist, the heist itself makes for a really great payoff.

I think Achievement Hunter has gotten better lately, they've been having more than just the main six guys on at times and having different combos of commentators adds a lot to some videos. It's still hit and miss in humor and content, but that comes with the Youtube territory.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'll vouch for that GTA video too. I generally dislike things like that and most things of its ilk smack of being obnoxious to me, but that was an enjoyable 40 minutes. It doesn't make me want to watch more of their things though.

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!

Phantasium posted:

Hah.

It gets better:

unfair
Oct 6, 2012
It makes sense that game companies would want to cater to LPers, since it gives them more exposure without the risk of bad reviews that actual critics might give them.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

unfair posted:

It makes sense that game companies would want to cater to LPers, since it gives them more exposure without the risk of bad reviews that actual critics might give them.

It's been happening for a while with multiplayer games. Activision brings in COD streamers and players to make videos for each iteration, famously snagging XboxAhoy to do weapons guides for all the guns in Modern Warfare 3 for their Elite service and then not letting him post those or similar videos to his YouTube channel. EA did it with Battlefield 4 where they got a bunch of "famous" YouTube people to come play the game, gave them footage and the guys mostly talked up the game and said they would be playing it at release. When release came around only the "dedicated Battlefield" channels were posting videos.

I think it'll be harder for companies to do that with single player games without putting out a lot of the plot points or giving away parts of the game with that sort of video, so it'll probably happen forever with multiplayer games, but I doubt you'll see like, the 2 Best Friends channel doing a promotion for like Arkham Knight later this year.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Lazyfire posted:

I think it'll be harder for companies to do that with single player games without putting out a lot of the plot points or giving away parts of the game with that sort of video, so it'll probably happen forever with multiplayer games, but I doubt you'll see like, the 2 Best Friends channel doing a promotion for like Arkham Knight later this year.

They could do promotions if they stuck to the early levels, I suppose. Of course, that might be a problem too; if you only saw the first campaign of Alpha Protocol or the first three hours of Spec Ops I don't think it'd do much to convince you to buy the game.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Lazyfire posted:

Especially since they've already said in a podcast that they're getting sick of the Arkham games and that they could care less about the Batmobile. :v:

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Lazyfire posted:

This actually did sort of happen; Pewdiepie did a montage of Amnesia: Machine for Pigs, and Chinese Room got upset because he spoiled stuff. He talked to them and made the video unlisted. From what I looked into, it seemed more like one hand not talking to the other - like Frictional gave him an early copy for promotion's sake but Chinese Room didn't clear what he'd show; I'm not entirely sure.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

slowbeef posted:

This actually did sort of happen; Pewdiepie did a montage of Amnesia: Machine for Pigs, and Chinese Room got upset because he spoiled stuff. He talked to them and made the video unlisted. From what I looked into, it seemed more like one hand not talking to the other - like Frictional gave him an early copy for promotion's sake but Chinese Room didn't clear what he'd show; I'm not entirely sure.

Someone else reportedly gave him a (paid I think) deal to release footage earlier than everyone else. I think it may have been the South Park game, but I can't remember for sure. Most LPers aren't going to blitz a game and post the entire thing day one, so I think it's solid marketing - the people who are interested will buy it right away and finish it before the LPer does.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I don't know what to make of this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Man, I wonder how long before the news has degenerated enough that they start reporting on LPs :(

This was your daily dose of D&D.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Wild Knight posted:

I don't know what to make of this.

Are you loving kidding me.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
People paying to promote tweets? The horror!

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
If you're going to pay for that, why wouldn't you aim higher though? Only 100? Shoot for the moon, man!

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Wild Knight posted:

If you're going to pay for that, why wouldn't you aim higher though? Only 100? Shoot for the moon, man!

He's probably got like 10, so 100 is a 1000% increase (I think, my math might be off a bit. Percentages are weird.)

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
I like how right at the bottom the Twitter app itself seems to be in disbelief.

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.
Call it internet detectiving if you want, but I was curious. I looked up Mr. Laggy. Looks like he's got 19,000 subs. Also looks like 4 months ago he had 15,000. I've seen some bad "thanks for the subs" videos, but this might be the all time worst I've ever seen.

Looking through some of his other videos, they're just straight up bad. Like, not even in a funny "haha look at this" kind of way. They're just...really bad. Mostly just him playing things like Call of Duty or GTA5 (of course).

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I love that wording as well. The "Can we hit X likes on this video????" stuff is so funny to me.

Congrats guys we did it. We liked this video I made so I can get more people to watch it. It wasn't easy, but I believed in all of you.

e- Let's get 5 emptyqoutes on this post. Smash that quote button guys!

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 29, 2014

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...

GNU Order posted:

e- Let's get 5 emptyqoutes on this post. Smash that quote button guys!

Only if you emptyquote me back! emptyquote4emptyquote

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Am I doing this right?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

How much does it even cost to advertise on twitter? Seeing as I only see bigger companies do it it can hardly be cheap.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

bobjr posted:

How much does it even cost to advertise on twitter? Seeing as I only see bigger companies do it it can hardly be cheap.

Twitter Business posted:

Our pricing system is based on bidding—you set the maximum amount you’re willing to spend per follow or click. You may pay up to this amount but it will likely be less because you’ll never pay more than one cent above a competitive bid. To make it extra easy, we’ll give you suggestions for what you should bid to optimize your campaign.

So basically however much you want it to cost.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

The GIG posted:

I've been watching Achievement Hunter's GTA Heist and I have to say I really love how the video is set up, from the live action "planning" to the casing and having the guys who die during the heist cut from the audio. Though it really drags after the 15-20 minute mark until the actual heist, the heist itself makes for a really great payoff.

To anyone familiar with AH's videos the outcome was inevitable, but yeah, this was a great video. I "liked" it. I loving NEVER click that like button. It's so nice to have a video done by people with strong personalities that still focuses on gameplay instead of themselves. So few people outside of SA do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Lazyfire posted:

While we're talking about morons with no sense can I bring up a BF4 Livestreamer?

WidgityBear is a dedicated helicopter pilot in Battlefield 4 and was the same in BF3. However, he only flies on two maps and won't stick around unless he has two people repairing him at all times and the other team doesn't use lock on weapons to take him out in the ONE vehicle he'll use, the scout helicopter.

So normally that just makes the guy a bit particular and no worse than most people. Until you hear his backstory. He was making $60k out of school thanks to a couple certifications and programs he participated in and gave it up to move back in with his parents and make a living livestreaming him playing Battlefield in the manner I describe above.

I refuse to believe he didn't make all of that up because if he is real I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Just to add to this one, I'm in a queue to re-join a server with the guy I described here. He has a legion of followers protecting him at all times and taking out anyone who dares fire on him. Hilarious.

• Locked thread