Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
They used sound effects constantly back in the WNEW days. I'm glad they've toned it down. I haven't listened in awhile though. Been audio-booking these passed several months. Anything good that I missed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

Gianthogweed posted:

They used sound effects constantly back in the WNEW days. I'm glad they've toned it down. I haven't listened in awhile though. Been audio-booking these passed several months. Anything good that I missed?

Lady Di internship last week had some good radio.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Am I misremembering but didn't their old intro say "Jim Norton, lover of transvestites" and then get changed to say "lover of the transgendered" instead?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Am I misremembering but didn't their old intro say "Jim Norton, lover of transvestites" and then get changed to say "lover of the transgendered" instead?

That's because Jim only sucks dicks on which tits are bolted, rather than ones only draped with blouses.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Combo posted:

Yeah I noticed going back to listen to things from maybe 07 and before, they used a poo poo ton of sound effects, so even the clips I'm interested in I have a hard time listening to. But I don't mind a good car crash when someone bombs, and some well placed drops are good.

I'm always up for a "SOO! Isn't this GREAT?" or a "WHAT HAPPENED" myself

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I'm always up for a "SOO! Isn't this GREAT?" or a "WHAT HAPPENED" myself

I like Kelsey Grammar's "oh good lord" as he falls off a stage.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
Pepper's fear of being alone with children reminded me of Jdub. Except Jdub took it further and claimed to be "afraid of children" period. Him and Lenay D (who BTW has a youtube channel giving advice on school supplies) in studio together was good radio.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
Jim's opinions on foreign policy are even worse than Ant's.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Nah I think it was always transgendered.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012

mousetrench posted:

does he still carefully learn the pronunciation of every politician and terrorist's name then just start rattling them off seemingly at random during his rants like a fanfiction artist trying to get as many pokemon as possible in their story?

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.

mousetrench posted:

Ron Paul isolationism vs invade/bomb everyone?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

So happy that Ron openly made fun of Gurian yesterday for actually loving believing in magic.

"Some people have powers!". Of course they do, you unfunny shithead.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

mousetrench posted:

Yeah, saying he wants a strong Soviet Union and he likes what Putin is doing because "gently caress Europe" may be the dumbest thing I've heard in my life,

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Can someone who isn't as lazy as me make a montage of all the times Opie and lady di said hold on the last two weeks?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

Yeah, saying he wants a strong Soviet Union and he likes what Putin is doing because "gently caress Europe" may be the dumbest thing I've heard in my life,

this is the same guy who performed in iraq but refuses to play london

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Combo posted:

Yeah I noticed going back to listen to things from maybe 07 and before, they used a poo poo ton of sound effects, so even the clips I'm interested in I have a hard time listening to. But I don't mind a good car crash when someone bombs, and some well placed drops are good.

"Your phone crapped out/WE HEARD YOU!" replaced the car crash.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

livingfruitvirus posted:

"Your phone crapped out/WE HEARD YOU!" replaced the car crash.

They did that poo poo back in 07 as well, and it was funny.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

T Fowl posted:

They did that poo poo back in 07 as well, and it was funny.
That's exactly why it's still funny for me. Because you'd think people would be on to that by now but so many still aren't. So either we get a dummy that takes the bait or we get someone that goes, "Yeah, gently caress you Jimmy, I'm not falling for that. I hosed up. I'm out." And either way it's still funny.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Ping Pong drop. Never forget.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I always liked the taser noise thing as well. Bring that poo poo back.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

That's exactly why it's still funny for me. Because you'd think people would be on to that by now but so many still aren't. So either we get a dummy that takes the bait or we get someone that goes, "Yeah, gently caress you Jimmy, I'm not falling for that. I hosed up. I'm out." And either way it's still funny.

Your keyboard crapped out, dude. Type it again.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Check out the empties mayn!!!!!!!!

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot
Tried the terminator bit from ron and fez today to see any improvement or if past lisetning they were just off on the comedy. Nope, still garbage. When these dudes contracts up again? Isn't it next month?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Tried the terminator bit from ron and fez today to see any improvement or if past lisetning they were just off on the comedy. Nope, still garbage. When these dudes contracts up again? Isn't it next month?

Fez's contract. Ron's there for life.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Ron tormenting Fez with those simulated schizophrenia voices for the closing part of the show was excellent, unfortunately some completely worthless retarded callers did their best to ruin it

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Ron's been leaving Fez out to bomb for the past few weeks or so and as a whole it's actually pretty funny. Also, Ron keeps saying that the bosses love Fez (and don't listen to the show) so don't expect anything to happen in April.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

O__O posted:

Ron's been leaving Fez out to bomb for the past few weeks or so and as a whole it's actually pretty funny. Also, Ron keeps saying that the bosses love Fez (and don't listen to the show) so don't expect anything to happen in April.
Yeah but he's been saying that in the "infer the opposite of what I'm saying" voice. Fez claims he'd take a 50% paycut so he could continue to be Ron's retarded gay cuckold and keep anchoring the show, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them lowball him and he accepts.

In a three month probationary period, he's had at least a half dozen meltdowns that have involved HR and his bosses. That can't be doing him any favors.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Is Fez just not funny anymore? He used to be genuinely quick witted and funny. Now he's only funny as the whipping boy of the show. He's like Bobo. What happened?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Gianthogweed posted:

Is Fez just not funny anymore? He used to be genuinely quick witted and funny. Now he's only funny as the whipping boy of the show. He's like Bobo. What happened?
Basically Fez started having heart attacks, his Dad died and he decided he's gay for real (debatable, probably only runs with it to make his Mom feel bad). Due to all of this Fez has become so terrified of death, he's stopped living anything resembling a life. As you might imagine, someone with already marginal life experience just shutting everything down to wallow in anxiety and terror doesn't lend to a wide variety of conversation topics.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Gianthogweed posted:

You know enough about the show to know he used to be funny, so you have to know why he's a mental case!

I doubt Fez goes anywhere. I don't have hate for him like most do, I just feel bad for him, he needs help. He should be off the show, but I have strong doubts he's gone in April.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster
Surprised people still think it isn't all a work. Nothing will happen, everything's a work.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A worked shoot, brother.

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel
carny rubed shoot work ham and egger

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
If doing a show on autopilot until one co-host's stents blast out of his chest is a work, then I guess Opie and Anthony is a work too.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I do feel bad for Fez, but the guy clearly can't do radio anymore. It gets a little tiresome to hear the same exact interaction between him and Ron every single day.

Shelby loving cracks me up, though.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Ron tormenting Fez with those simulated schizophrenia voices for the closing part of the show was excellent, unfortunately some completely worthless retarded callers did their best to ruin it

lol I just listened to this and a couple of retarded truckers called in to say "no I hear it too Fez, it's coming through the radio it's my first time calling from West Virginia!"

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

How Much Art posted:

I doubt Fez goes anywhere. I don't have hate for him like most do, I just feel bad for him, he needs help. He should be off the show, but I have strong doubts he's gone in April.
Fez needs help, yes, but the funny thing about help is you have to be willing to listen, understand, and do the work needed to get better. Fez doesn't want to get better. It's so much easier for him to continue believing he's a victim and the world is against him. Why try and risk failing on your own when you can stay put and refuse to accept reality?

Fez isn't going anywhere. We all know that. And that's exactly why he will never get better. It's either let the kid shoot up in your house or let him die in the streets. Ron knows even if he cuts Fez loose, Fez will never hit rock bottom. Hitting rock bottom requires self-awareness, which Fez utterly lacks. So the alternative is letting a delusional Fez continue to descend into insanity until his heart finally explodes. I guess Ron feels it's better to just deal with it and use Fez as a punching bag on air. It's still working career-wise and Fez isn't dragging down his personal life.

This is the way things are going to be until Ron decides to retire. Or Fez has heart attack #4.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
"I've heard voices before, yeah. But never this many, and never for coffee commercials." - Fez

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Can anyone find the clip of Ron they're talking about where he beat the PD on the air with a phone? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

eightysixed posted:

Can anyone find the clip of Ron they're talking about where he beat the PD on the air with a phone? :stare:

The PD called their producer when Fez was having an off day (which was rare in those days) to ask if Fez was actually on the show that day. Ron got pissed and threatened to rip the phone off the wall and beat him with it. If Ron actually did that he'd probably still be in jail.

• Locked thread