Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Dr. Faustus posted:

Nicotine is a natural antibiotic. If you smoke a pipe or cigar (just tasting the smoke, not inhaling it) you are killing bacteria in your mouth. Not saying it keeps you from getting sick (rub your eyes with a rhinovirus on your hands and you're getting a cold/the flu, cigars or no) but there is a kernel of truth there.

Just look at George Burns. He smoked cigars the size of babies' arms and lived to be 207 years old.

Know what else is a natural antibiotic? Colloidal silver. Come on Rush :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Those are curses put on him by a liberal mummy

Will the battle between liberal mummies and conservative vampires* ever end?

*I know most of you envision them as liches, but a blood sucking parasite is much more apt than a kick rear end wizard who defeats death itself.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

BiggerBoat posted:

I knew I'd regret clicking that link and listening to that but I can see why she chose it. It's as full of dumb empty platitudes as her books and her speeches.

Is Madison Rising that dumb, horrible band that hosed up the National Anthem at the Dayton 500? Yes. Yes it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDDvlcNSMo

"America's most patriotic rock band" - a NASCAR PA announcer

Oh god I hope they pull an Insane Clown Posse and just go full racist in 3 albums.

Our songs were always about hating minorities.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

BiggerBoat posted:

I knew I'd regret clicking that link and listening to that but I can see why she chose it. It's as full of dumb empty platitudes as her books and her speeches.

Is Madison Rising that dumb, horrible band that hosed up the National Anthem at the Dayton 500? Yes. Yes it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDDvlcNSMo

"America's most patriotic rock band" - a NASCAR PA announcer
Pretty sure Iced Earth is America's most patriotic rock band :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o6xrSyhVhc

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

King Metal posted:

How can rock be patriotic? That's the devil's music that made our kids start going crazy, and now they smoke reefer and rape each other :devil:

My god... are they -- dancing?

Great username considering the content. :)

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

If you ignore all artistic merit, they rock man! :barf:

Up next, actual good conservative comedians.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 27, 2014

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

BiggerBoat posted:

What makes you think she chose it? :10bux: says her TV producer had it written and Madison Rising was cheap enough to record it for a one-time fee and no licensing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That Iced Earth album about the civil war is pretty loving badass other than the eagle crying song hahahaha

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

Nicotine is a natural antibiotic. If you smoke a pipe or cigar (just tasting the smoke, not inhaling it) you are killing bacteria in your mouth. Not saying it keeps you from getting sick (rub your eyes with a rhinovirus on your hands and you're getting a cold/the flu, cigars or no) but there is a kernel of truth there.

Just look at George Burns. He smoked cigars the size of babies' arms and lived to be 207 years old.

It is more likely that tobacco will cause you to be ill, however. There is a truth and a tradeoff to this. I smoke, so I can't be too preachy, well--yes I can. Nicotine and smoking are loving awful. Any benefit is completely mitigated by the damage that tobacco causes. Smoking is loving disgusting and death, and while a lot of people like George Burns live long lives, many more people that smoke die early and lovely deaths because of tobacco. There is no positive tradeoff.

I haven't talked to you in awhile. I'll pm you soon. I hope you are doing well.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

My favorite Madison Rising song

quote:

WHERE WAS THE MEDIA THEN

Stooges with their cameras
Watch our every move
Waiting for that one mistake
Some footage they can use
To smear the ones the fear the most
The ones that they despise
And fill the minds of spiteful pawns
With anger, hate, and lies

Exploit the children
Puppet the weak
Rile the masses again

Chorus:
Justify!
Where was the media then?
Tell us why!
But every time the truth came out
After fifty years of all your lies

When vegans kill in the name of peace
Holy men curse the white
Beheadings in Afghanistan
They vilify the Right
Voter fraud is just ignored
Acorns don’t exist
But when the lies are exposed
It’s Murdoch they insist

Exploit the children
Puppet the weak
Rile the masses again

Chorus

Hypocrisy is all we see
Hostility and misery
Always condescending
Until your mind in numb

Defenders of the free
The forth pillar they were meant to be
Masters of duplicity
The fifth column they’ve become

Exploit the children
Puppet the weak
Rile the masses again

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Whiteycar posted:

Oh god I hope they pull an Insane Clown Posse and just go full racist in 3 albums.

Our songs were always about hating minorities.

Scroll down to "Before the Hyphens Came", it only took them one album.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

And just in case this is not clear in the lyrics. The hyphen they are talking about is this hyphen

They are talking about AFRICAN-american ASIAN-american SPANISH-american

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

And just in case this is not clear in the lyrics. The hyphen they are talking about is this hyphen

They are talking about AFRICAN-american ASIAN-american SPANISH-american

Hyphenated Americans!:argh: Everything old is new again!

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

The people that like this type of music like Bruce Springsteen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0EB3-fjnn0&list=UULYbcrwQ5kdKrevuzkIiw2Q

Bruce is the ultimate troll. I love his music even more for that, 20 years after I discovered it. Born In The USA indeed.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 28, 2014

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Jesus Christ it's like Fox News the soundtrack to the hit Broadway play.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Thanks for reminding us that the terrorists won (for 3 minutes and 32 seconds).

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Haha holy poo poo they actually have a song dedicated to Reagan!

quote:

IN THE DAYS THAT REAGAN RULED

Searching in the distance
For a shining city on a hill
For I was told in days of old
That it would be there still

But what I see is killin’ me
It tears right at my soul
Just enemies of liberty
Now victims they are called

The people can’t communicate
No language as a glue
And the communists in Hollywood
Who tell you what to do
But things were so much different --

Chorus:
In The Days That Reagan Ruled
He was the Gipper, he had the knack
He took a bullet and he still came back
In The Days That Reagan Ruled!
In The Days That Reagan Ruled!
He was an honest man with a simple dream
A dream we should hold true

When he met with Gorbachev, he stood firm and proud
Not like other men, who would’ve knelt down and bowed
All his rivals couldn’t stand the plot
But he destroyed our greatest enemy - without a single shot

Negotiate, yet dominate; peace through strength he’d say
No hostages he’d let you hold, not for a day
Things were so much different --

Chorus

California was still the Golden State
Our culture we could celebrate
Our First Lady still had some class
No race-baiters talking all of their trash

Things were so much different

Chorus

Tearing down an iron wall
Acting in his greatest role
Made all his critics look like fools
‘Cause even jelly beans were cool!

[Reagan VO fade…]

A palate cleanser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

big mean giraffe posted:

Jesus Christ it's like Fox News the soundtrack to the hit Broadway play.
I'm pretty jaded because I worked in the music business for a while, I've seen a lot of ridiculous poo poo. But I'm having a lot of trouble believing this band actually comes together to exclusively write this kind of music.

Some random googling tells me the guy who manages the band is Richard Mgrdechian. And it appears he basically put up classified ads to put the entire band together and created the idea of being a band that can play Republican National Conventions and NASCAR races to get out the new hip conservative message. He wrote this wonderful book:

How the Left Was Won: An In-Depth Analysis of the Tools and Methodologies Used By Liberals to Undermine Society and Disrupt the Social Order

I was expecting Gwar but this was cool anyway.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

PeterWeller posted:

You left out Libertarian werewoves.

wixard posted:

What makes you think she chose it? :10bux: says her TV producer had it written and Madison Rising was cheap enough to record it for a one-time fee and no licensing.

Good point. There's gold in that there Patriotism. I just meant that that band and Sarah Palin seem cut from the same cloth and similarly manufactured. A cloth made of Red, White and Blue!

wixard posted:

Some random googling tells me the guy who manages the band is Richard Mgrdechian. And it appears he basically put up classified ads to put the entire band together and created the idea of being a band that can play Republican National Conventions and NASCAR races to get out the new hip conservative message.

See?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Strawman posted:

3rd world prostitutes are human beings.

Well, in fairness I doubt Rush thinks that.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

PeterWeller posted:

*I know most of you envision them as liches, but a blood sucking parasite is much more apt than a kick rear end wizard who defeats death itself.

No no no no, zombies are conservatives, vampires are liberals. This is Supernatural Political Science 101!

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Prester John posted:

Well, in fairness I doubt Rush thinks that.

Not if they are boys.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

BiggerBoat posted:

You left out Libertarian werewoves.

This works better that I first expected. They look like normal people at first, with talk of loosening the laws on illegal drugs and police powers. But then, under the light of the full moon their computer monitors while reading bulletins from Lew Rockwell, they become monsters!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
No they just wear wolfshirts and post about being werewolves.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Pohl posted:

The people that like this type of music like Bruce Springsteen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0EB3-fjnn0&list=UULYbcrwQ5kdKrevuzkIiw2Q

Bruce is the ultimate troll. I love his music even more for that, 20 years after I discovered it. Born In The USA indeed.

That's why he's The Boss. Even the dickbags he explicitly shits on, like Christie, still love him. His music is just that great.

Also, Conservatives have this great habit of loving bands despite their message. You got Paul Ryan's professed love of Rage, which I don't really doubt. My Republican Dad practically worships Neil Young.

Also, werewolves, and lycanthrope in general, are too cool to be lolbertarians. :colbert:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

In another D&D thread (can't recall which) we went over Madison Rising a little while ago. I particularly like "HONK IF YOU WANT PEACE". Surprising that there'd be a song promoting peace by a PATRIOTIC REAL AMERICAN HOOAH band, right? Well, if you read the lyrics, it's actually about a young girl who dies because her parents couldn't get her to the hospital in time because of those drat peace-loving hippies. :pwn:

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

PeterWeller posted:

That's why he's The Boss. Even the dickbags he explicitly shits on, like Christie, still love him. His music is just that great.

Also, Conservatives have this great habit of loving bands despite their message. You got Paul Ryan's professed love of Rage, which I don't really doubt. My Republican Dad practically worships Neil Young.

Also, werewolves, and lycanthrope in general, are too cool to be lolbertarians. :colbert:

Neil young has had pretty variable politics through out the years definitely wouldn't call him a leftist

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

BBJoey posted:

In another D&D thread (can't recall which) we went over Madison Rising a little while ago. I particularly like "HONK IF YOU WANT PEACE". Surprising that there'd be a song promoting peace by a PATRIOTIC REAL AMERICAN HOOAH band, right? Well, if you read the lyrics, it's actually about a young girl who dies because her parents couldn't get her to the hospital in time because of those drat peace-loving hippies. :pwn:
The irony! Those hippies claim they care about people, but they couldn't give a care for that little sick girl they had no way of knowing about! :qq:

e: Did I tell you my niece* died? She was very sick and her parents tried to drive her to the hospital, but there was a traffic jam caused by a Madison Rising concert. Madison Rising killed my niece!
*Note: I have never had a niece.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 28, 2014

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
Killer Mike is great.

Unrelated, but I also enjoy this catchy pop song about Reaganomics. The video contains footage from the Gipper's last movie where he is apparently some sort of a Speed Racer villain.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Pththya-lyi posted:

The irony! Those hippies claim they care about people, but they couldn't give a care for that little sick girl they had no way of knowing about! :qq:

e: Did I tell you my niece* died? She was very sick and her parents tried to drive her to the hospital, but there was a traffic jam caused by a Madison Rising concert. Madison Rising killed my niece!
*Note: I have never had a niece.

My niece died while her parents tried to drive her to the hospital, but they got caught in a traffic jam caused by a traffic- and urban-planning convention held nearby. It was fiercely ironic.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

wixard posted:

I'm pretty jaded because I worked in the music business for a while, I've seen a lot of ridiculous poo poo. But I'm having a lot of trouble believing this band actually comes together to exclusively write this kind of music.

Some random googling tells me the guy who manages the band is Richard Mgrdechian. And it appears he basically put up classified ads to put the entire band together and created the idea of being a band that can play Republican National Conventions and NASCAR races to get out the new hip conservative message. He wrote this wonderful book:

How the Left Was Won: An In-Depth Analysis of the Tools and Methodologies Used By Liberals to Undermine Society and Disrupt the Social Order

I was expecting Gwar but this was cool anyway.

Thanks for this. A boy band for conservatives. Pretty sweet.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The fact that people like Malkin wants Colbert cancelled because of the racist term YET say people need to get over Redskins is one of the saddest yet funniest events I am witnessing.

Every conservative blogger and pundit is outraged which was the point of the whole bit

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

swampland posted:

Neil young has had pretty variable politics through out the years definitely wouldn't call him a leftist

Eh, aside from freaking out over 9/11, and having a few kinda positive things to say about Reagan, he's been pretty consistently on the left when it comes to environmentalism, economics, and war.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

The fact that people like Malkin wants Colbert cancelled because of the racist term YET say people need to get over Redskins is one of the saddest yet funniest events I am witnessing.

Every conservative blogger and pundit is outraged which was the point of the whole bit

Colbert's doing God's work. No slight will be taken against the man this day. :911:

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

swampland posted:

What makes you say that? He's kind of a famous for his outspoken environmentalism and anti-war stance. I just heard him give an interview with Jian Ghomeshi a few weeks ago and he spent the whole thing making GBS threads on corporations and the right wing super hard.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I wonder what Malkin would say

quote:

Brian Kilmeade is still making sexist comments about women.

The "Fox & Friends" co-host argued on "The Five" that women who have a "great body" and who "work out" should use that to their advantage in the courtroom. His comments were part of a discussion between the "Five" panelists Thursday about proper female attire for young female lawyers.

"If you could try a case, and you have an asset which is a great body and a great figure, you've got to do everything you can to be successful," Kilmeade said. "So if it means somebody in the jury is going to be swung to your side because of the fact that you work out, then go ahead and do it!"

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Kevin Sorbo is going to go on O'Reilly and :qq: about how his (and others) careers were RUINED by being "Conservative" in HOLLYWOOD.

He used the word "blacklist", which I must admit contains a great deal of irony.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
He's right I mean, everybody else who was on Andromeda is totally a movie star now. What other explanation could there be?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Conservatives have never been able to figure Colbert out somehow. God knows how many times people have used things he's said in character unironically in defense of their terrible views

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FuzzySkinner posted:

Kevin Sorbo is going to go on O'Reilly and :qq: about how his (and others) careers were RUINED by being "Conservative" in HOLLYWOOD.

He used the word "blacklist", which I must admit contains a great deal of irony.

I posted this the other day, but he seems to be doing alright. http://www.avclub.com/review/gods-not-dead-mess-even-christian-film-standards-202571