Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

melodicwaffle posted:

Not sure where you're getting that from—he was born in Tokyo, he just spent a large chunk of his early life outside of Japan (Switzerland, iirc) which is where he learned English.

Well I'll just see myself out then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

HKR posted:

Who's working on this? And has anyone seen the quality of their Abaranger script yet?

The same people that did the first TQger before OT said they're doing it.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

RBX posted:

The same people that did the first TQger before OT said they're doing it.

I thought the subs for the movie was good. I'll keep an eye out for their Abaranger releases.

Also. JIN!!!!!!!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

HKR posted:

Who's working on this? And has anyone seen the quality of their Abaranger script yet?

It's the people responsible for the bad Gekiranger scrub and the non-weeb but still bad Dairanger subs.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

AzraelNewtype posted:

It's the people responsible for the bad Gekiranger scrub and the non-weeb but still bad Dairanger subs.
I thought the Gekiranger scrub group was different from the people who did ToQger 1.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I thought the Gekiranger scrub group was different from the people who did ToQger 1.

You thought wrong, but GekiKnight thanks you for the confusion; GekiKnight seems to love nothing more than coming up with new names for various release projects. If it was just to distance from the H-S debacles I could sort of see it, except GekiKnight was also GoseiAnongel, back when that was a relevant thing for a couple minutes. Publicly teaming up with a non-renamed fantasyleader probably wasn't the smartest move if the goal was to remain incognito though.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

AzraelNewtype posted:

You thought wrong, but GekiKnight thanks you for the confusion; GekiKnight seems to love nothing more than coming up with new names for various release projects. If it was just to distance from the H-S debacles I could sort of see it, except GekiKnight was also GoseiAnongel, back when that was a relevant thing for a couple minutes. Publicly teaming up with a non-renamed fantasyleader probably wasn't the smartest move if the goal was to remain incognito though.

Uggghhhhhh. When will a half decent group pay attention to Abaranger?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So that movie Go-Busters vs. Kyoryuger...

There was actually more Go-Busters than I though which is good. It's a shame AbareBlack, AbareKiller and DragonRanger didn't reappear for whatever contrived reason, but it makes sense why they didn't. They also didn't use the Howling Canon which is actually sorta odd, but they must not have the prop anymore.

I think this is also the first and only time we actually get to see the Deboss team get to do their own finisher.

Finally, the ToQgers being the goofiest team yet against a villain who is super serious all the time. Great stuff, even if we never see the Scope Finisher and the Rail Line Sweep (I don't know what the actual name for those moves are) again.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Those two ToQger moves pop back up in this week's episode, in fact!

I really enjoyed the All Dino TeamUp feat. Go-Busters, but there were a few quibbles I had. Jin totally should have lead a charge of dead rangers. Would have given perfect reason for AbareKiller, Burai, and the two spirit rangers from Kyoryuger reason to show up.

I also am not a huge fan of how the Sentai Zyudenchi were used. They were just the Mecha Ranger Keys in battery form. I was happier when the Sentai batteries were just toys. I did like that they remembered they had batteries that had fun effects. Slowing down Dark Buster Enter was great.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
You do have to wonder how they dropped the ball so bad on the sixth rangers, especially given Jin and J were already there. Lopsided sentai teams :spergin: me like nobody's business, I'll tell you what

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

This week's ToQ felt like a real step up, there was alot going on for one episode but it didn't feel rushed or bloated.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I will never tire of Ticket popping out of impossible places in the ToQ Oh control room

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Ticket's one of the best mentors I've seen on either coast, just for being a rude and snarky monkey puppet who's just kind of not explained. I hope they never give him a origin :allears:

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Solaris Knight posted:

Ticket's one of the best mentors I've seen on either coast, just for being a rude and snarky monkey puppet who's just kind of not explained. I hope they never give him a origin :allears:

Why have that when we could instead have Ticket and the Conductor give us a pair of contradictory ones?

FortMax fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 27, 2014

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

I hope when this is adapted for PR, they keep Ticket in some form as a character

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

FortMax posted:

Why have that when we could instead have Ticket and the Conductor give us a pair of contradictory ones?

You wanna know how I got this monkey puppet?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Xelkelvos posted:

I hope when this is adapted for PR, they keep Ticket in some form as a character

He'll be left out for curbside pickup like Bomper.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The team-up movie was good but I'm disappointed that Jin didn't come back permanently. I guess that would have been really difficult to do considering the reason why he was gone in the first place, but he was a great character and it's a shame that this is actually probably the last of the character.

It's a shame they couldn't rebuild the cockpits for the Zyuranger/Abaranger mecha though. Seeing them stand in the white void just wasn't as interesting, but I realize that rebuilding them for a few seconds of a movie would be way too expensive.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

People.

We have arrived.

Oh, also

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 27, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Finished up with Kamen Rider Amazon.

Things I liked: Pretty much everything about the first half of the show, the monster designs, the fights (especially in the first half), having the protagonist be always shirtless (dat body), and the villains actually got to straight up murder a bunch of people a lot. The last few episodes especially had people being melted or disintegrated in droves. I also liked how the final villain plot was literally just "nuke Tokyo" without any pretenses of mutants or mind control plots or whatever; they were simply just going to blow up Tokyo with a nuke.

Things I disliked: Way too many mind control plots and the general overuse of "Masahiko is in trouble!" plots (that kid is going to have crazy PTSD later in life, they already showed him having nightmares about his "adventures"). The retool halfway through the show impacted the quality pretty hard. Even though it was still pretty entertaining even when Amazon wore a shirt and talked in mostly complete sentences and didn't chew on the monsters it definitely paled in comparison to the sheer guts of the first half. Great Emperor Zero wasn't as cool as Ten-Faced Demon too, so the change in villains midway through also kinda hurt. Mole had the dumbest death; mold of all things, really?

Overall it was a good show. I enjoyed it quite a bit even if it got hit by the retool stick pretty hard. I'll probably be watching W, Kuuga, OOO, or Fourze next. After KLK I think I'm set for Nakashima writing for a while, so Fourze's the least likely.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jonjonaug posted:

Finished up with Kamen Rider Amazon.

Things I liked: Pretty much everything about the first half of the show, the monster designs, the fights (especially in the first half), having the protagonist be always shirtless (dat body), and the villains actually got to straight up murder a bunch of people a lot. The last few episodes especially had people being melted or disintegrated in droves. I also liked how the final villain plot was literally just "nuke Tokyo" without any pretenses of mutants or mind control plots or whatever; they were simply just going to blow up Tokyo with a nuke.

Things I disliked: Way too many mind control plots and the general overuse of "Masahiko is in trouble!" plots (that kid is going to have crazy PTSD later in life, they already showed him having nightmares about his "adventures"). The retool halfway through the show impacted the quality pretty hard. Even though it was still pretty entertaining even when Amazon wore a shirt and talked in mostly complete sentences and didn't chew on the monsters it definitely paled in comparison to the sheer guts of the first half. Great Emperor Zero wasn't as cool as Ten-Faced Demon too, so the change in villains midway through also kinda hurt. Mole had the dumbest death; mold of all things, really?

Overall it was a good show. I enjoyed it quite a bit even if it got hit by the retool stick pretty hard. I'll probably be watching W, Kuuga, OOO, or Fourze next. After KLK I think I'm set for Nakashima writing for a while, so Fourze's the least likely.

Was there a particular reason why Amazon was one of the shortest Toku(Rider or otherwise) series to date? It only ended up being 24 episodes long, even Akibaranger beats that out if you count both seasons as a whole.

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012

Larryb posted:

Was there a particular reason why Amazon was one of the shortest Toku(Rider or otherwise) series to date? It only ended up being 24 episodes long, even Akibaranger beats that out if you count both seasons as a whole.

It might have to do with how... graphic the way Amazon would defeat his enemies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was exactly to do with how graphic it was. Parents complained, so it got cancelled pretty quickly.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
What's a good storage/display solution for my Figuarts? No matter how well balanced they are, they do tend to fall over when my old-rear end bookshelves get bumped a bit, and I'd rather not lose any more of Red Hawk's hands and guns.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
You can buy figuarts stands for them, that keeps them up pretty well. They're not terrifically expensive and a bunch come in one set. I'm glad I bought a bunch of them. :3

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So Heisei (barely) won in the Kamen Rider Taisen poll.

I admit I'm disappointed, I really wanted to see Showa guys kicking more modern butts. Maybe it will be a special?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

From what I've heard of the ending, it matters so little that Toei might as well have been trolling with the poll.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Waffleman_ posted:

From what I've heard of the ending, it matters so little that Toei might as well have been trolling with the poll.

I when the movie is eventually released on DVD and blu-ray, both endings will probably be on it anyway.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Carranger 28 is out over at Haro. The lovely appearance of Signalman's wife and kid!

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Serperoth posted:

So Heisei (barely) won in the Kamen Rider Taisen poll.

I admit I'm disappointed, I really wanted to see Showa guys kicking more modern butts. Maybe it will be a special?

Good Showa is dumb

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

The fact that ppl still give a crap about the emperor nonsense so what the hell

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So I've decided to start on W next after a tossup between W and OOO. Looking forward to two dudes sharing a body.

Twisty of Fate posted:

Good Showa is dumb

You better not be calling Black or Amazon bad. Them's fightin' words.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Who cares? Like what you like.

I like Decade and Kabuto, there are people who would see me killed for my beliefs. I have to move twice a year because I think Tsukasa was a fun character.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

jonjonaug posted:

"Dumb" can be a good thing.
See: Akibaranger.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

jonjonaug posted:

So I've decided to start on W next after a tossup between W and OOO. Looking forward to two dudes sharing a body.

Daisetsudan? Terrible. Tomodachi? Ridiculous. Silver armband? Pathetic.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Rei_ posted:

Who cares? Like what you like.

I like Decade and Kabuto, there are people who would see me killed for my beliefs. I have to move twice a year because I think Tsukasa was a fun character.

Who doesn't like Kabuto. I want to see hands

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Twisty of Fate posted:

I'm sorry Twisty, but I wasn't able to finish Kabuto. Too much "lack of communication causes tragedy" to be fun anymore. :ohdear:

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Twisty of Fate posted:

I despised Kabuto and Tendou along with it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rei_ posted:

I agree that Tsukasa is a fun character! But that doesn't stop the series from being poo poo.

Twisty of Fate posted:

Have mine. Kabuto's a goddamn trainwreck, and not the entertaining kind. Sad, because I love the suits and most of the secondary Riders, but the series completely derails...by episode 30, if I don't badly remember, and never recovers, it can never decide if we're meant to take Tendou as a fun exaggeration of a perfect character or a true, godly perfect character that everyone should love despite being an rear end in a top hat to literally everyone except his family, and the Natives are boring as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Kabuto walks the path of heaven and his toy comes in an ipod box because that's what Figuarts does now

• Locked thread