Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

trucutru posted:

The best team has to be Ironman/Juggs/Venom. It covers all colors and all of them have dangerous abilities and enough HP to be good on defense. Storm is really powerful, specially on the jungle, but she can be sniped by juggs quite easily.

Going through a second 1-star Tourney, I find myself sort of agreeing with this even though it's not the lineup I'm using. I find myself avoiding this team because they're all beefy enough that you can't reliably down one of them fast enough to make a difference early on like you can if you focus on Storm or Black Widow.

A lot of people I see with high points are using Iron Man/Storm/Black Widow, but they're the ones I tend to attack first. Widow takes so long to charge up her poo poo that you can usually stomp Storm before she gets annoying and then deal with Iron Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Arschlochkind posted:

Going through a second 1-star Tourney, I find myself sort of agreeing with this even though it's not the lineup I'm using. I find myself avoiding this team because they're all beefy enough that you can't reliably down one of them fast enough to make a difference early on like you can if you focus on Storm or Black Widow.

A lot of people I see with high points are using Iron Man/Storm/Black Widow, but they're the ones I tend to attack first. Widow takes so long to charge up her poo poo that you can usually stomp Storm before she gets annoying and then deal with Iron Man.

My gameplan is basically to focus on Storm while getting red, then headbutting her rear end, and then repeat the same with the next most fragile character. Basically, Juggs does 75% of all damage and I just feed him green and red as much as possible. Ironman drops a yellow here and there and the widow likes to use her blue but the Core is totally juggs.

My bracket was really quiet so I decided to gun for the Invisible Woman, since she's the only character I am missing. I luckily managed to find an unshielded dude with 650 points and I just proceeded to spend a shitload of ISO hunting him down (had to skip like 30 times to find him). By the end of it I was the one with 690 points and everybody else was just giving me 10-14 so I climbed to 704 and then shielded. I hope that's enough.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 26, 2014

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I got hosed. I had over 700 points from just aiming for progression rewards. Woke up to losing 225 points. From second to eleventh place.

The shields are a really stupid thing. If no one could shield, that would be great. Thanks.

I'd like to try a Venom /Juggernaut /Ironman combo, but my Venom is level 2.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
More awesome teams to fight in the simulator. :suicide:

Spiderman/Invisible Woman/Green&Blue generator
Enhanced Hood/mBW/Pyro
Blue Gen/Venom/cMag
Daken/mStorm/Hulk

Super boost is Black Panther.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Largepotato posted:

More awesome teams to fight in the simulator. :suicide:

Spiderman/Invisible Woman/Green&Blue generator
Enhanced Hood/mBW/Pyro
Blue Gen/Venom/cMag
Daken/mStorm/Hulk

Super boost is Black Panther.

You forgot to mention Ragnarok/CStorm/Spy. In a Desert map. Just doing it while the enemies are still at their weakest level was obnoxious, I can't imagine what it'll be like on max level heroic mode.

Also, two more random recruit tokens got me Black Panther and Psylocke. I've got no slots to spare but if I do, I suppose I should reserve it for Black Panther, considering he's such a beast on defense and is likely to be in more events soon, right?

Also, there's another Modern Thor event, although I don't see him anywhere in the rewards list despite the description.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

gromdul posted:

I got hosed. I had over 700 points from just aiming for progression rewards. Woke up to losing 225 points. From second to eleventh place.

The shields are a really stupid thing. If no one could shield, that would be great. Thanks.

I'd like to try a Venom /Juggernaut /Ironman combo, but my Venom is level 2.

Happened to me again too. I went to sleep in 1st with ~650 points, and woke up at #18. I got back up to #6, and missed out on a top 5 prize because of one of those guys that manages to go "teehee there's 12 minutes left time to score 120 points" right at the end who leapfrogged me with less than a minute to go.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Holy crap Patch awards I'm so excited.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CaptainScraps posted:

Holy crap Patch awards I'm so excited.

One more green and I'll max him. I need that top 50.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Hogama posted:

One more green and I'll max him. I need that top 50.

I hope you're not doing 5/5/3 because 5 green is suicidal.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

messagemode1 posted:

I hope you're not doing 5/5/3 because 5 green is suicidal.

5 green is the only way to Patch, I really want to be able to do that (besides, you can bring stuns, or wait until you have a favorable number of matchable pinks on the map).

My Patch is so unbalanced (1/1/5) that he's boring. Still, he was my first lvl3 and his tankiness was essential to get my first few event wins.

Managed to get the IW cover, so I had to kick Yelena out (again) to make space for her hideously drawn rear end. Seriously, what's wrong with her faaaaaace.

There was some rear end in a top hat who somehow managed to jump to 770 points from less than 500 in ten minutes but he didn't shield so he must have been hit really hard during the last five minutes of the tourney because my 707 gave me the cover.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Pair 5 green Patch with someone that has a skill that hits the enemy team.

Punisher works well if you save up at least 14 black for a couple or more molotovs.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I have no Black Panther, had a lot of tokens since round 3 of The Simulator, 90% Modern Storm covers.

Just farming the ISO with 2 Star Wolv, Ares and Bullseye but unless I get Black Panther my ranking is going to be severely hampered this time round :(

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just booted up the game and now everything's in Japanese. I have no idea how this happened, especially since all I did since I last played was turn my PC off. I can't seem to find any language options either.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I noticed that only 1 goon in Pizza Dog has started the Thor tourney. Sitting pretty at #3542!

Zinglon
Nov 12, 2007
LP Subforum Reader

HGH posted:

I just booted up the game and now everything's in Japanese. I have no idea how this happened, especially since all I did since I last played was turn my PC off. I can't seem to find any language options either.

This happened to me a while back. It disappeared a day or two after, basically just had to play from memory until the game figured out Japan is on the other side of the world.

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

Kjermzs posted:

I noticed that only 1 goon in Pizza Dog has started the Thor tourney. Sitting pretty at #3542!
I usually don't join events until 12-36 hours before they end, depending on the length of the event. The past few have been the weird 2.5 days / 60 hours. So for the ones that end at noon, I'll start ~36 hours ahead, for the ones that end at midnight, I start ~24 hours ahead.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

I seem to have been booted from G.O.O.N. which I created? How does that happen?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

John Mirra posted:

I seem to have been booted from G.O.O.N. which I created? How does that happen?

Osborn must have infiltrated the alliance (you pressed the big fat yellow "leave" button). Just re-apply, there is plenty of space.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

trucutru posted:

Osborn must have infiltrated the alliance (you pressed the big fat yellow "leave" button). Just re-apply, there is plenty of space.

Ahhh ok, thanks. I tried rejoining but it's asking me to try again later. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Lofty132 posted:

I have no Black Panther, had a lot of tokens since round 3 of The Simulator, 90% Modern Storm covers.

Just farming the ISO with 2 Star Wolv, Ares and Bullseye but unless I get Black Panther my ranking is going to be severely hampered this time round :(

I haven't had a Doom (until I got one from a standard token like five minutes after the event ended :argh:) or a Black Panther so I'm basically done with this event. I got like 30k points in the first round and maybe like 10k total since. Honestly, this games rich-get-richer attitude has gotten me pretty close to quitting on more than one occasion.

herakles
Jan 17, 2009
Honestly, if the in app currency was about 10 percent of its current pricing, I'd probably be buying it at least once per event. But paying 25 bucks for a single guaranteed hero cover is just absurd.

PardonMeHippo
Feb 18, 2011
I applied for G.O.O.N. as Night thrasher.

I don't have the HP right now to buy a new slot but I'll save up for it- you can boot me if you need room.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PardonMeHippo posted:

I applied for G.O.O.N. as Night thrasher.

I don't have the HP right now to buy a new slot but I'll save up for it- you can boot me if you need room.

Ok. I may have to boot you momentarily when someone else wants to join so that they can get in and buy a shot for you to rejoin. It's gonna be kinda annoying for you until you manage to save the HP (post in the thread when that happens)

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Oh can anyone expand the alliance with HP, not just the leader? Nice.

Hired Goons - I've bought 2x bonus slots so if anyone has spare HP buy another would ya? It will get us higher rankings and more prizes in alliance reward contests (one on now)

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Haha, I'm up over 100pts from winning attacks against me in this Thor Tourney. I'm only using a single cover Thor, 50M Storm and 60 Wolverine.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Since Thor's an AP hog, I figured I'd try a "No AP for anyone who's not me" team.

5-3-3 hood, 1-3-4 Lazy Thor, 3-5-5 OBW.

NO ONE GETS AP BUT ME.

It's frigging awesome. Get a hood as soon as possible.

slightlyslow
Aug 19, 2002
Cheer up, emo kid.
Hm, that's interesting. Hood alone as an AP stealer seems very vulnerable to getting blasted down due to low hp until he's pretty high level, but adding OBW probably makes most folks risk averse.

It seems like the next tournament will be Hood also, so if the rewards aren't garbage I'll probably dump some ISO into him.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

I may have found the best rube yet in this Thor tourney. I attacked him for 45 points earlier, and he just counterattacked me for 8 points. I counter-countered for 39. I hope he keeps this going. :allears:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Lost two back to back matches as an attacker because OBW got a stupid 9-blue and some pink cascades.

Sometimes I hate this game...

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Why can't I use my own Thor in the Thor event? Am I being dense? How is G.O.O.N. doing? I may make the jump if it's getting regular alliance rewards: I've only had a few alliance rewards currently but I'm active enough to have over 100k in the Simulator and can buy in if needed. I don't want to just give up on my current goon alliance but I want covers dammit.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Thor is locked because Lazy Thor is the required character.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lofty132 posted:

Why can't I use my own Thor in the Thor event? Am I being dense? How is G.O.O.N. doing? I may make the jump if it's getting regular alliance rewards: I've only had a few alliance rewards currently but I'm active enough to have over 100k in the Simulator and can buy in if needed. I don't want to just give up on my current goon alliance but I want covers dammit.

Until now it seems like G.O.O.N usually ends an event at around rank 100-120 or so. with 11-12 people on the alliance. It is almost certain that we will get a lazyCap cover from the PvE and, with a little luck, a Patch cover from the PvP one.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Thanks for the answers guys. What's the current G.O.O.N buy in?

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE

trucutru posted:

Until now it seems like G.O.O.N usually ends an event at around rank 100-120 or so. with 11-12 people on the alliance. It is almost certain that we will get a lazyCap cover from the PvE and, with a little luck, a Patch cover from the PvP one.

I should hop over to G.O.O.N. since the alliance that I'm in is small and only myself and another guy play. Would there be room for a friend of mine too if we both buy our spots?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I could join G.O.O.N., but I won't be in a position to buy a slot for a while. I only have 600 HP and 450 of that is needed to buy Lazy Cap a slot.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
God drat it, there's so many easy kills right now in the Lord of Thunder tournament, but I have to go to work... :qq:

And all I'm using is OBW and M. Storm.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 28, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Celebrate 2 million downloads by giving them money!

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Largepotato posted:

Celebrate 2 million downloads by giving them money!

Yeah - what did that message mean? It just confused me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeeeeeees, a Hood Tourney with Black Panther as the prize. Top 10 is pretty much a guarantee for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I honestly think OBW needs to be removed from the game entirely, and the devs should issue everyone who has her above a certain level 5 bucks and a hand-written apology.