Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Iceclaw posted:

Yup, at that point, we are wandering into full jrpg villain territory. Complete with incompetent guards. Soon Julianna and the priestess are going to bust our doors open with a warrior type and a dashing rogue. Will Elodie change into some kind of angel like being during the fight? :ohdear:
Impossible, no JRPG would have a gay protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Suzaku posted:

I love how Elodie relishes executions and imprisonments. We've raised her right :allears:

I love how there's no subterfuge, no trying to be diplomatic, not even intimidation tactics to test the water.

"Oh so I need to talk to the Priestess Selene TO THE DUNGEON WITH HER :devil:"

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Dad

Talk to Joslyn: 23

Don't talk to Joslyn: 2

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I don't know.

How are we supposed to fight them? How can we defend ourselves against magic?

That... is why the King or Queen of Nova has traditionally been a Lumen. To fight magic with magic.

So... I have to...

No. You are too young, and that power destroys everything it touches.

Then what am I supposed to do if they attack me?

I will not let anyone harm you as long as I live.

And... what if you... like Mom...

For long moments, he remains silent. Then, at last:

The heir to the duchy of Caloris is traditionally sworn to the greatest of secrecy on certain matters. However, you are my only daughter, and you are worth more than any oath. There are treasures that have been collected by my family, enchanted artifacts of power, locked away and never to be used. They are hidden because they are dangerous, just as Lumen magic is dangerous. Even more so, because many of their workings have been lost over the years. I would rather such things were forgotten entirely. The world is a better place without them. I had hoped that without your mother's crystal, the perils which are magic's inevitable cost would not seek you out.

(Magic's inevitable cost... If I became a Lumen, what would happen to me?)

But you are right. You have too many enemies with their own magics, and I may not always be able to protect you. I will search among the records for any artifact which can protect the user against a Lumen's power.

Because Elodie is pressured right now, she has a penalty to her conversation skills. And since lore is already at 50, we are going to go with the third place option, composure.

I regret to inform you that Fabian, the Earl of Titan and Duke-Regent of Elath, has passed away.

This isn't really a surprise; he was pretty old. The problem is the political implications.

With the control of Elath in doubt, it falls to the crown to make decisions. Young Lord Adair will not reach his fifteenth birthday for over two years. He requires a regent. His stepmother, Arisse, the Duchess of Lillah, has petitioned that the boy be left in her care. This would, however, leave her in personal control of two neighboring duchies, which is generally forbidden.

(Almost the entire eastern border.)

(I don't know anything really bad about her, though...)

But Elodie version 1.0 sure did.

The boy does have a living grandfather, the Earl of Ishtar. Or you might appoint an unrelated noble to act in his stead. The Earl of Ishtar has suggested another possibility. You and Adair are both young, not too far apart in age. He requests that we accept the boy as your future husband and keep him here at the castle.

So, we are back to this choice again.

Where should we send Adair this time?

What should we do with the court musician?

Vote for 4 classes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Marry him.

The court musician shall be sent elsewhere.

Meditation x1 so we unlock over-50 lore, and then Lore x3.

Also obligatory tuxedo vote :colbert:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
We Accept Her as a Court Musician.

And since things went so great when we sent him to his grandfather last time, let's send him off to our uncle. We can't get married yet, we don't want to give up our freedom by getting tied down to a man.

Also boys are icky and have cooties.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Leave him with Arisse, don't hire the musician, Meditation x1 and Lore x3.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Leave him with Arisse, hire the musician, Meditation x1 and Lore x3.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Leave him with Arisse, hire the musician, Meditation x2 and Lore x2.

Hope we can get angry some time soon, wanna see that military score improve (logistics in particular)

Muraena fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 27, 2014

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I've never even gotten remotely close to this plotline with Joslyn's artifacts or whatnot. How many more times am I going to have to play this game to see everything? :stare:

Marry Adair, hire the musician

Wait we're out of Yielding? Finally?

SWORDS x4 :black101:

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Marry him. Mostly to get him to court. Plus, he's young enough to be malleable in the ways of the Theconocracy!

Send the musician away. Musicians cost money and Econoprincess is all for it flowing in the other direction. And do we really want a strange musician who we know nothing about in court when we've royally ticked off a bunch of witches?

Because we have a 2.x bonus on Faith, 2 Lores will get us to over 90 in that. 3 Lores would be ridiculous overkill at this point, and a waste of that bonus. Assuming I've leveled my math skill enough....

Meditation to get that past 25.
Lore x2 to get that over 90.
Divination to get that up more.

And the most important vote:
FABUTUX 3000

Suzaku fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 27, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Super Jay Mann posted:

I've never even gotten remotely close to this plotline with Joslyn's artifacts or whatnot. How many more times am I going to have to play this game to see everything? :stare:

I've cleared the game a few dozen times and I know there's at least one subplot I've never touched (even though I have all the achievements and stuff), but it sounds kinda dull and the skill requirements are weird so I've never bothered.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Marry Adair, have you guys forgotten that Elath is a rich territory? If we want to be the embodiment of money we should take advantage. And hey, he's close enough to Elodie's age that there probably won't be a coup afterward.

We don't need a musician.

Meditation x1, Lore x3

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

For classes, Meditation to get it above 25, then Divination and Lore once each, and lastly since we don't have Resist Magic, maybe we should train Reflexes some.

Mikl posted:

Also this, which by the way you should definitely parse as voting for the obligatory tuxedo. Because that tux is required.

Edit: and yeah, Marry Adair. He can be our little tycoon buddy. No opinion on the musician... is that hint about them being agents supposed to be a suspicion that this one is someone else's, or a suggestion that we could dispatch her somewhere? Changed my mind: no court musician.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 28, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Mikl posted:

Marry him.

The court musician shall be sent elsewhere.

Meditation x1 so we unlock over-50 lore, and then Lore x3.

I stand with Mikl on this. Marry, banish, Med Lore Lore Lore, garbed in the moneysuit.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Leave Adair with Arisse!
Hire the musician!
Reflexes x3, Swords x1!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Leave Adair with Arisse, and don't hire the assassin musician.

Let's train 2x Reflexes and 2x Swords!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Force Adair into a marriage. It's what I said to do last time anyway. As an added bonus, we now know that Elath has a poo poo-ton of wealth to steal, and the Tuxedo Princess totally can't resist that.

As Pittsburgh Lambic wisely pointed out earlier in the thread ^, Elath has a lot of weatlth. As Econo-Faith Princess, we should seize this opportunity to marry someone who is young, impressionable, and due to inherit lots of money. Let's Marry Adair.

As for the classes, being able to level up Divination is finally within our grasp!

Meditation x 1, then Divination x 3. No longer will a misreading the Merry Crown lead us to our untimely demise!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nondevor posted:

Marry Adair, have you guys forgotten that Elath is a rich territory? If we want to be the embodiment of money we should take advantage. And hey, he's close enough to Elodie's age that there probably won't be a coup afterward.

Meditation x1, Lore x3

Seconding this.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Marry him then in a few weeks we can execute him and have all the money ourselves!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

By the way, I got an email from Humble Bundle today that one of the developer of LLTQ's earlier games, Magical Diary, is included in their "Open Source Weekly sale." Magical Diary is a Harry Potter-esque Magic school raising sim. There is currently a Let's Play.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

You pay upwards of 1 cent and get Magical Diary, plus 3 others. $1 will get you Steam keys as well, and $6 will get you 4 more games.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Marry the rich kid,
Hire the musician,
Meditation
to raise the cap, Production and Trade because Econoprincess, and to finish those skills up, and Poison to protect us from our enemies,

And wear the tuxedo.

I think it is likely too late to raise Logistics to the levels required for us to pass the "sell a falling star" check, or whatever passing that Trade+Logistics check does, so we might as well figure out what terrible omen we'll get from it instead.

Happy Blue fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 28, 2014

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Happy Blue posted:

Marry the rich kid,
Hire the musician,
Meditation
to raise the cap, Production and Trade because Econoprincess, and to finish those skills up, and Poison to protect us from our enemies,

And wear the tuxedo.

I think it is likely too late to raise Logistics to the levels required for us to pass the "sell a falling star" check, or whatever passing that Trade+Logistics check does, so we might as well figure out what terrible omen we'll get from it instead.

Seconding this.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Let there be weddings!
And music!

Meditation, Reflexes x2, Poison

I like this no-nonsense Elodie better than the first one. Let's keep her alive.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Meditation, Divination x2, Presence

Marry him and hire the musician. There's no one else we can trust but our own insanity.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Marry him,
Hire the Bard,
Meditation and Divination x3

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Marry him and make him pay for the tuxedo he's going to have to wear. It will be a white tuxedo with a built-in collar and leash, and when you reach the altar, you'll just lean over, grab hold of that sucker, and yank him in. He'll have to pay for the rings too. And the reception. And everything else until his duchy is a smoldering, bankrupt ruin. Long live the queen, motherfuckers.

Also, holy hell is our lovely dad about to give us access to Caloris's top-secret stash of ancient anti-magic weapons and armor? I take back everything I've said about him. It's time to be faithful to him. Really, really, really faithful.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 28, 2014

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Marry him
Don't hire the musician
Meditation, divination, prescence
Tuxedo forever

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Super Jay Mann posted:

Marry Adair, hire the musician

Wait we're out of Yielding? Finally?

SWORDS x4 :black101:

This.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Nondevor posted:

Meditation x1, Lore x3

This. Nothing can go wrong here! :catholic:

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Nondevor posted:

Meditation x1, Lore x3

Yeah sure, let's do this one.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Marry the rich kid, No musician for it's a waste of money, Divination x2, Logistics x2. We need to see the incoming trends to invest properly, and Logistics is like economics for an army, and armies are what let us keep our money. :hist101:

Also Anime Dad is the best dad for offering to bring out the heirloom china anti-witch gear for his little girl. :kimchi:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Marry Adair.

No musicians allowed!

Let's finish off trade, production, accounting and accounting.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Send him to your uncle
Accept the court musician
Military strategy x2, logistics x2

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Nondevor posted:

Meditation x1, Lore x3

This

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Archenteron posted:

Marry the rich kid, No musician for it's a waste of money, Divination x2, Logistics x2. We need to see the incoming trends to invest properly, and Logistics is like economics for an army, and armies are what let us keep our money. :hist101:

Also Anime Dad is the best dad for offering to bring out the heirloom china anti-witch gear for his little girl. :kimchi:

I'll agree with this one.

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
Marry, Send the musician away. And I would vote expression, but at this point it seems clear that Meditation and 3x Divination will better serve.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Marry a 12 year old boy so we can steal his family's money.

Hire the musician to find out what new and exciting ways this will get Elodie assassinated.

Meditation, and then 3 lore because being well-rounded is less important than having nice big 100's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

• Locked thread