Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I imagine that the same way Archer drinks booze, Hawkeye drinks his pot of coffee. No talking until he finishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sion posted:

"Hulk Smash! ... seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore?"

Outlaw Vigilantism!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

TwoPair posted:

Outlaw Vigilantism!

"Agent Coulson? Never heard of him."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sion posted:

"Agent Coulson? Never heard of him."

Well Agent Coulson died doing what he loved... Getting stabbed

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medium Cool posted:

I watched the original power rangers a lot as a kid and honestly I don't get it either.

It's not just the cheap plastic suit, it's using the costume to emote when you talk. Also like someone else said, when Willem Defoe was talking you could clearly see inside the mouth portion and the person in the suit wasn't talking. It's a total Power Rangers subtext, intentional or not.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

io9 has a rundown of the first part of the X-men movie here. Spoilers, obviously.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Haha, I bet that comprises Blink's entire role in the film, too.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Until that last paragraph I was worried about just how far the film was going :stare:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It's too bad Sunspot just has generic fire-guy fx. Has anyone tried to replicate Kirby dots as a special effect yet? When we inevitable get Darkseid in a movie it needs to happen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Until that last paragraph I was worried about just how far the film was going :stare:

Yeah it sounds loving brutal.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Dacap posted:

It's too bad Sunspot just has generic fire-guy fx. Has anyone tried to replicate Kirby dots as a special effect yet? When we inevitable get Darkseid in a movie it needs to happen.

I think the best we've got is just EMH doing really good kirby dots, but nothing live action AFAIK.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I think calling them "dots" does a disservice to them. There are better explanations/appreciations of them elsewhere on the net but Kirby Krackle is at its best when it really drives home how the black is not anything of substance in and of itself but negative space between the coloured energy. So like in live action, with Mjolnir for instance, there would be blue energy pulsating from the hammer and in between that energy would look like staring into an absolute void. It's that contrast that gives the Kirby Krackle its sense of Serious poo poo rather than a fun polka dot pattern.

Maybe do some kind of black hole lensing effect, like:

(If image hosting from wikipedia is not cool I'll change it.)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sion posted:

"Hulk Smash! ... seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore?"

"Susan. Susan. Susan! Susan! SUE! SUSAN! SUSAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"REED! WHAT?"

"Negative Zone!"

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
That DoFP intro sounds crazy, and I'm still a little confused. Do Bishop and Kitty travel a few days/weeks/months into the past? Does that mean we get to see everyone die a second time? :ohdear:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

That DoFP intro sounds crazy, and I'm still a little confused. Do Bishop and Kitty travel a few days/weeks/months into the past? Does that mean we get to see everyone die a second time? :ohdear:

That might be right after she sent Wolverine into the future, adn the white was the timeline reseting.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Sinister 6 could be good but one thing the Six doesn't have is both Ock and a Goblin. It'll be interesting to see the dynamic team if Harry lives through the movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

theflyingorc posted:

"Susan. Susan. Susan! Susan! SUE! SUSAN! SUSAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"REED! WHAT?"

"Negative Zone!"

I was imagining more Hawkeye or Tony as Archer.

Carol : Name me one thing Mr Barton has done for any of us.
Jessica : Ooh! Chlamydia!

And I'm really hoping in DoFP Kitty and Bishop vanishing is them traveling back in time so they can join the Xmen in the past. I mean, why would the second most famous time traveling Mutant in a movie and not have him time travel?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

twistedmentat posted:

I was imagining more Hawkeye or Tony as Archer.
I was just trying to think of the best person to reference Danger Zone was.

I tried to google search to find the Archer cast drawn as the Avengers, but a certain Hawkguy makes searching for "Archer" and "Avengers" return the wrong kind of results.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

I was just trying to think of the best person to reference Danger Zone was.

I tried to google search to find the Archer cast drawn as the Avengers, but a certain Hawkguy makes searching for "Archer" and "Avengers" return the wrong kind of results.

I could see this man as Archer

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Sinister 6 could be good but one thing the Six doesn't have is both Ock and a Goblin.

Ultimate Six did. Norman, Ock, Kraven, Electro and Sandman (Peter was the sixth)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

Pam would obviously be the Hulk. Cyril, Wonder Man maybe? Krieger for sure Pym though. I already seem to have cast Ms Marvel as Lana and Spiderwoman and Cheryl.

Oh man, I really want to see Kraven in a movie. Could have JJJ offer some stupidly huge reward for the "unmasking of the Spider menace" And Kraven comes in to try his hand and things get way out of control.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

twistedmentat posted:

Oh man, I really want to see Kraven in a movie. Could have JJJ offer some stupidly huge reward for the "unmasking of the Spider menace" And Kraven comes in to try his hand and things get way out of control.
This could even be the opening B plot that gets resolved quickly and it would be pretty awesome.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

twistedmentat posted:

Pam would obviously be the Hulk. Cyril, Wonder Man maybe? Krieger for sure Pym though. I already seem to have cast Ms Marvel as Lana and Spiderwoman and Cheryl.

Cyril is Banner, turns into Pam.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Dude Kraven would totally work in a movie. He would be believable as more of a Dog the Bounty Hunter/"real life superhero" sociopath type, in it for both the fame and the thrill of the hunt.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Chill Penguin posted:

Dude Kraven would totally work in a movie. He would be believable as more of a Dog the Bounty Hunter/"real life superhero" sociopath type, in it for both the fame and the thrill of the hunt.

Wasn't the Ultimate version kinda like that where he had a Crocodile Hunter kind of show? I could totally see Discovery having a Kraven the Hunter TV show these days. I always thought a good movie plot would be Kraven coming to NY to hunt The Lizard.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I wouldn't want to see him as some kind of sanitized, Steve Irwin-ish character, though. I imagine him being a total aristocratic poaching gently caress, the kind of guy who would be immediately besieged by protesters upon setting foot in New York, the kind of guy who's totally fine with killing any and all endangered species to add to his collection.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Look! Over there! That's a Siberian white toiga, so rare its existence is still debated among scientists to this day! My sources tell me there's only half a dozen left in the whole world, and that one over there's the only female!

Imma kill it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chill Penguin posted:

Yea, would see Kraven as a wealthy and brilliant sadist, who is smart enough to find legal ways to hurt people. Being a UFC fighter or a bounty hunter would suit both those needs.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, would see Kraven as a wealthy and brilliant sadist, who is smart enough to find legal ways to hurt people. Being a UFC fighter or a bounty hunter would suit both those needs.

So Vince Mcmahon? I mean he does have a X-rex skull in his office.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

bobkatt013 posted:

I agree

"says a boomerang fact"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

i like tacos posted:

I agree

"says a boomerang fact"

Every time another Avenger comes over, the open to the door where Clint and Kate are doing something that looks really, really bad.

Naw, Kate's not a Countess Von Fingerbang kind of girl.

bobkatt013 posted:

So Vince Mcmahon? I mean he does have a X-rex skull in his office.

I also think a Dog comparison is apt too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

It looks fine. Fitchner as Shredder is awesome. I look forward to Megan Fox fighting the Shredder.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I saw Captain America 2 the other day. It's the best Marvel movie to date, hands down.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Waterhaul posted:

I would guess the would go Ock, Vulture, Goblin, Electro, Lizard (depending on what Ryhs Ifans is like) and Venom.
It pretty much has to be...they've said they're working on a Venom movie, and we've seen at least some references to all of the other Sinister Six members already. I'm not sure how they will manage to keep Vulture from being extremely lame though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

It pretty much has to be...they've said they're working on a Venom movie, and we've seen at least some references to all of the other Sinister Six members already. I'm not sure how they will manage to keep Vulture from being extremely lame though.

I would assume they'll make him a younger guy. "He can fly incredibly fast" is pretty viable as a Spider-Man villain when he doesn't look 900 years old.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Batista's big right now.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I would assume they'll make him a younger guy. "He can fly incredibly fast" is pretty viable as a Spider-Man villain when he doesn't look 900 years old.

I imagine they'll take some inspiration from how the Falcon stuff looks in the new Cap movie.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dan Didio posted:

Batista's big right now.

Only if he's in character like when he left the WWE last time. Wearing polos, skinny jeans, shades, and hats and looking like a douche, cutting monologues about how he should be the star photographer and not Peter due to his genetic superiority. So, yeah, throw in a bit of Scott Steiner too.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
How are all you guys seeing Cap 2 already, its not out till friday right? Is BSS just secretly filled with film industry insiders and professional critics screening films early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Pyronic posted:

How are all you guys seeing Cap 2 already, its not out till friday right? Is BSS just secretly filled with film industry insiders and professional critics screening films early?

Already out here in the UK. Was released on Wednesday.

• Locked thread