Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

not not luvd posted:

I wont do it. I swear. I will disconnect myself from Arsenal until we get a striker worth a wank. Self preservation.
I'm not sure if you're going to get a better looking striker than Giroud tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hahaha this is incredible

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
So I guess the United Way is keeping a trophy-less manager for more than one season, but not too long, don't spend much on transfers and constantly think about how poo poo you are.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

"the swamp" lol wtf

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

blue footed boobie posted:

Hahaha this is incredible

It's a fine plan. The only problem I see is finding a working time machine.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

what is "The Swamp"?

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

what is "The Swamp"?

Old Trafford.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

not not luvd posted:

Old Trafford.

who calls it that? The only nickname we had as children for it was old scaffold because it was being expanded all the time.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Popular RAWK nicknames for Old Trafford:

Old Toilet
Castle Greyskull

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I think The Swamp is mostly used by City fans, isn't it? Would make sense with that image.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Mickolution posted:

I think The Swamp is mostly used by City fans, isn't it? Would make sense with that image.

would for us too though :D

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

not not luvd posted:

Old Trafford.

thinking about our last trip there makes me mud as hell!!! hahaha

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

quote:

It was more, much more than just sheer panic. Panic is fleeting but not this, no, this was a slow, and painful realisation that as the prophets had warned, "all things must come to pass". It was ominous, akin to an approaching thunderstorm, the distant peels of thunder sounding like a gong warning of foreboding. And the air, the air was pungent with a strange aroma invading their senses refusing them any kind of respite, forcing them reluctantly into an acceptance of the inevitable - the more astute amongst them recognised it, but dare not speak its name. It was the smell of fear.

Then one of them did the unthinkable, took a journey into land of the forbidden, uttering the three little words which sent waves of anxiety through them all.

“Rangers are coming”

And indeed we are. The chains which bound us to our Elbaesque exile in Scotland's lower leagues have been shattered and broken, along with the schemes and plots designed to leave us in the wilderness. It was not a thirst for glory nor prestige which broke the yoke that bound us, but an unstinting sense of loyalty and commitment to a football club – it proved to be a characteristic of the Rangers support which our enemies could not overcome. In the years to come the Rangers support of this generation will be recorded as some of the club's greatest servants. Ever.

It's not hard to de-cipher that we are on our way back. The inflammatory language has been re-kindled, along with the almost obligatory “conspiracy theories”. Irrational comment has replaced sensible discussion, Rangers are being blamed and held responsible for the decisions made by others . As Dundee United and Aberdeen supporters organise a boycott of Ibrox food stalls for their forthcoming visits, we Rangers fans wait for the media proponents of “Forgive, forget and move on” to lecture others the way they lectured us. I suspect we will be waiting for a long time.

I also suspect that being merciful or magnanimous will no longer be part of our make up – we have not forgotten those who swung a kick whilst we were down. Dundee United experienced it with the Tannadice boycott, and as they ran squealing to the SFA about our club refusing tickets a rude awakening awaited them. Football authorities can do nothing about how our support choose to spend the blue pound. Only we control that. It's a fact worthy of more considered thought.

It has been a long and arduous journey at times, which of course is not yet completed, but we are well on our way. Along the road there have been fall outs, rifts and unpleasantry. But even these pale into significance at the sense of unity, the sense of purpose in restoring our club. Even that which is less edifying has at it's heart the same passion which drives our support to achieve what others would consider impossible. We should all rejoice in that passion we share - our club exists because of it.

For those for whom these 3 little words are unpalatable, I will say them again. “Rangers are coming”. Along with 3 more little words.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

jre posted:

For those for whom these 3 little words are unpalatable, I will say them again. “Rangers are coming”. Along with 3 more little words.

Git tae gently caress

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

chuggo is BACK posted:

Git tae gently caress

I thought it might be "nurse, my pills"

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
It's actually Big Jock Knew lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Deep Fried Pizza

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Will Liverpool winning the league hasten Moyes' exit in any way? It should, SAF wouldn't want those blokes too close for comfort. So, should we be rooting for 'Pool?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Liverpool aren't winning the league though.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

T Fowl posted:

Liverpool aren't winning the league though.
It's a Redcafe quote in the weekend web thread. Settle down!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

8raz posted:

It's a Redcafe quote in the weekend web thread. Settle down!

Yeah I know, gently caress me. I hope they do and the quote doesn't happen at all and Moyes stays longer than SAF

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EfS-ZAT7KU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prtU59OGe6o

#EPLBantz

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
"worst ever champions" may be the dumbest chant of all time because what does that say about the other teams then

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Mash posted:

"worst ever champions" may be the dumbest chant of all time because what does that say about the other teams then

I love this quote!"!!!!!

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

The Mash posted:

Sadly agree with this

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

The Mash posted:

Agree entirely, its so lame. Most likely a reaction to United fans chanting the same thing against us last season.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
Wrong thread. Really makes you think imo.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:stare:

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

aeverous posted:

Wrong thread. Really makes you think imo.

If you think about it, being the nazi propaganda minister and hosting Rio's World Cup Wind-Ups are very similar roles, in that they're both about controlling the flow of information for your own nefarious ends.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao, absolutely the wrong thread

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hahaha

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

St Evan Echoes posted:

lmao, absolutely the wrong thread

It went in here because of the BLACK BARS and the fact I'm ashamed to admit it got more than a slight chuckle out of me :smith:

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

lmao this is great

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Adbot