Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Tony Romo is never going to win a super bowl because he isn't a very good QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

John Brown posted:

No, let's not go down that road again.

Just know Romo and Cutler both own and deserve better than the poo poo they get from fans.

In my personal experience there is a distinct and unsurprising correlation between Bears fans who hate Cutler and Cubs fans.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Unlike two time super bowl champion and noted Good Quarterback Mr Eli Manning

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Please don't say this :(

Tom Brady traded his dorky bullshit for vanity, so these nerds are going to get more rings first.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DupaDupa posted:

In my personal experience there is a distinct and unsurprising correlation between Bears fans who hate Cutler and Cubs fans.

In the defense of Cubs fans we have been crushed and been bad so long that they no longer know what good things happening looks like.

*See dumb cubs fans complaining about Theo not spending money on this current dumpster fire of a roster and instead spending it overseas and on internal scouting*

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
go patriots

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

People will hope for another Peyton ring and another Brady ring in these last two years of each

They'll just have to deal with what they get in that time instead: one more Flacco ring, and a Bortles ring :getin:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Looks like some of those famous "unnamed sources" are slandering DeSean Jackson on circumstantial nonsense to justify trading/cutting him to Eagles fans. Pretty low if you ask me...

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html

Looks like they just cut him. Could the timing of this article be ANY MORE transparent. Christ.

@Eagles: After careful consideration this offseason, Eagles decide to part ways with DeSean Jackson.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 28, 2014

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Dexo posted:

*See dumb cubs fans complaining about Theo not spending money on this current dumpster fire of a roster and instead spending it overseas and on internal scouting*

I literally have to listen to people bitching about this in my office every day.

And then talk about how Emery should be fired on the spot if he doesn't up for Clowney.

EDIT:
Holy loving poo poo Eagles.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Holy poo poo

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Sweeney Tom posted:

People will hope for another Peyton ring and another Brady ring in these last two years of each

They'll just have to deal with what they get in that time instead: one more Flacco ring, and a Bortles ring :getin:

Maziel is going to a ring for each finger and TFF will be an apocalyptic wasteland.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Tony Romo is never going to win a super bowl because he isn't a very good QB.

So there are like 5 good qbs then? And two are flirting with retirement.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Desean's been released from the Eagles

holy poo poo I can't believe they actually did it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

what :stare:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Idzik running to the phone to offer Jackson a big fat 150k contract with a 5K signing bonus.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Whoa

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If Djax goes to Denver I swear to loving god

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Congrats Panthers, you've been gifted an opportunity to marginally un-gently caress your offseason.

Potzblitz!
Jan 20, 2005

Kung-Fu fighter

mcmagic posted:

Idzik running to the phone to offer Jackson a big fat 150k contract with a 5K signing bonus.
lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Eifert Posting posted:

So there are like 5 good qbs then? And two are flirting with retirement.

I'd say there are about 20 QBs out there that display better talent in their arms than Romo. I'd say there are about 2 QBs out there that display better mental talent than Romo.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
The door's wide open for D-Jax and the Raiders but something tells me he shouldn't live 2 hours from LA.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rogue Elephant posted:

Congrats Panthers, you've been gifted an opportunity to marginally un-gently caress your offseason.

Hahah yeah we can totally afford D-Jax

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Toymachine posted:

The door's wide open for D-Jax and the Raiders but something tells me he shouldn't live 2 hours from LA.

Uh, two hours? What?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Looks like some of those famous "unnamed sources" are slandering DeSean Jackson on circumstantial nonsense to justify trading/cutting him to Eagles fans. Pretty low if you ask me...

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html

Looks like they just cut him. Could the timing of this article be ANY MORE transparent. Christ.

@Eagles: After careful consideration this offseason, Eagles decide to part ways with DeSean Jackson.

The stuff they allege there is pretty verifiable. I can't blame them given the Hernandez thing and how much that's screwed with the Patriots.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Toymachine posted:

San Diego is two hours from LA. On a good day.

Oakland is like 8.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

San Diego is two hours from LA. On a good day.

My bad, San Diego to LA was what I was thinking of.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
*incomprehensible muttering and screaming*

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Toymachine posted:

Which is weird because he's the best QB the Bears ever had.

Much like Romo is the best QB the Cowboys ever had (who is unfortunately always surrounded by trash with the exception of a handful of guys thanks to the "GM")

E: DJax :stare:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Nawid posted:

Uh, two hours? What?

A simple Rigid airship ride away

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress, looks like we're drafting offense in the first. Fortunately there's that DJax lookalike in the draft and it's a good year to draft a wideout, but that's going to cramp our defense significantly. It's hosed up, but I hope this stuff in the article is true, because if it isn't then I'm incredibly angry.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Haha holy poo poo.

First TO, now this.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Jackson and Decker should be pretty fun to watch.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Jackson and Decker should be pretty fun to watch.

Don't you mean Jackson and Marvin Mcnutt?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jackson will be the highest paid receiver in CFL history

Hostile Rabbi
Jun 25, 2005

by Ralp

evilweasel posted:

The stuff they allege there is pretty verifiable. I can't blame them given the Hernandez thing and how much that's screwed with the Patriots.

LOST SEASON

It probably won't happen but I hope he goes to the Panthers so Cam has someone other than whoever the hell is there now to throw to.

Hostile Rabbi fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 28, 2014

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Desean Jackson - James Jones - Rod Streater :getin:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

quote:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 57s
The Seahawks, 49ers, Jets, Raiders among the trams that had prior interest in DeSean Jackson, FWIW. Have a gut Seattle is a major player

Oh come on the Seahawks, seriously

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

this is knowshon when he found out he has to play in miami lol

lmao

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I'm not lost seasoning it: the Patriots did great despite that and seriously contended. But they had to completely redo the offense, have serious dead money, and just had the overall public relations headache of one of their star players murdering several people and you can't claim they weren't worse off for it. Can't blame a team where the coach doesn't have the sort of job security and QB that Belicheck has for deciding that's just not worth the risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
If the Seahawks get DeSean, Jesus.

• Locked thread