Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

North Korea is the only one of those that really raised an eyebrow for me, but apparently there has in fact been one player. The rest are somewhat surprising, but entirely believable.
Hasn't there been a few recent MP games that have had stray a North Best Korea user?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The base for my comment was the Steam server stats, which showed that not a single byte has been downloaded from Steam in a loooong while in those countries. :v: But yeah, there's also the standalone client.

Ah, by the way; there was a guy in Trade chat last night - just a few seconds after I put the Rhino Prime Systems in the Foundry - that was looking for those, and he was offering a Rhino Prime Chassis. :negative:

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
I lucked out and got chassis early in the first T3S I did after the patch. The first Rhino Prime piece I tried for, and the first one I got.

Of course, I paid for my luck later by having to do a metric shitload of T2MobDefs trying to get the Prime helmet. I never did get it to drop, just traded a spare Frost Prime piece and a Blind Rage to some pubbie for it. Also had to do almost 20 T3MDs to get the Boltor Prime blueprint. :negative:

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

I love cats posted:

The Rhino prime chasis is such a pain in the rear end to drop, pubbies agree to trade 2 complete sets of other primes for it (mag, frost, ember).

I lucked out and got the loving thing on the first wave of a second T3S run attempt. During the first attempt, the session crashed for all of us. And from what I've been told, T3S crashing on you is common occurrence. On top of that, getting the keys themselves are a grind in their own right.

You should have seen us tripping over each other towards extraction and praying the game won't gently caress us over.

Hahah that sounds like me. We got it at the 20 min mark of our second attempt on the same key (but my 30+ attempt) and all I could manage to type was EXTRATC NOW into chat.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

U13 teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96UXEnvR92E

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

:getin:

YEEESSS.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I really hope they've added a circular throw to Kestrel so I can be space Australian.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I don't even like katanas and I want that katana. :drat:

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I know this is DE, so there's going to be SOMEthing(s) horribly wrong about it, but I'm still hyped all the same :allears:
Give me a reason to finally be proud of my Obex, DE!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ElegantFugue posted:

I know this is DE, so there's going to be SOMEthing(s) horribly wrong about it, but I'm still hyped all the same :allears:
Give me a reason to finally be proud of my Obex, DE!

You'll need to upgrade your melee weapons to a 2.0 compatible version.

It will cost 200 oxium plus a blueprint you have to farm a new T4 key for.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Naw man that isn't the real DE way.

Patch 13.0.1, Skana flourish will no longer phase through Frost's head graphic for critical damage.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Shugojin posted:

You'll need to upgrade your melee weapons to a 2.0 compatible version.

It will cost 200 oxium plus a blueprint you have to farm a new T4 key for.

The new T4 missions are properly scaled, but the only rewards are credits, control modules, and nano spores. There is a rare chance for them to give you a random T1 key.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Pierson posted:

Naw man that isn't the real DE way.

Patch 13.0.1, Skana flourish will no longer phase through Frost's head graphic for critical damage.

I'm pretty sure unnecessary grinding for a bullshit resource and an RNG that hates you is 100% the DE way, actually :v:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Those new mods that will change stances will either be incredibly obnoxious to get or there will only be one "right" one worth using or something. I have to believe in DE! There must be a way for them to ruin this!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Those new mods that will change stances will either be incredibly obnoxious to get or there will only be one "right" one worth using or something. I have to believe in DE! There must be a way for them to ruin this!

I'm hoping for they forgot to add hitboxes/collision detection for melee weapons except for friendly fire, so that the only things you can actually kill with melee are teammates. That at least would make me laugh, while something like needing a bunch of mandatory, 10 rank mods would not.

vvvv They are going to be similar to auras if I remember right, so they won't take up space for real mods.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 28, 2014

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Wait, those are gonna be mods rather than just a thing you can select in the armory?

That's pretty :de: already.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Wales Grey posted:

Wait, those are gonna be mods rather than just a thing you can select in the armory?

The basic loving powers of the frames are mods, which you have to equip, and which take up slots. In the before times when Auras were Artifacts, a fresh frame had to be dragged through a mission or two before it could even equip its 1.

Making stances their own class of slottable mod isn't even close to the worst decision DE has made with regard to melee 2.0. I guarantee it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I'm pretty sure that stances are going to be a thing with their own slot like Auras but I am not sure how that idea got into my head.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

LonsomeSon posted:

The basic loving powers of the frames are mods, which you have to equip, and which take up slots. In the before times when Auras were Artifacts, a fresh frame had to be dragged through a mission or two before it could even equip its 1.

Making stances their own class of slottable mod isn't even close to the worst decision DE has made with regard to melee 2.0. I guarantee it.
I remember when instead of mods and mod points it was just an upgrade tree where you'd get a point for every level to put somewhere, and you could only unlock your ultimate ability by putting a potato in your frame and unlocking the extended tree.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Insert name here posted:

I remember when instead of mods and mod points it was just an upgrade tree where you'd get a point for every level to put somewhere, and you could only unlock your ultimate ability by putting a potato in your frame and unlocking the extended tree.

Wait really?

My god the people who went to all that effort to be rewarded with Radial Javelin :allears:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Shugojin posted:

Wait really?

My god the people who went to all that effort to be rewarded with Radial Javelin :allears:

This was so far back in the course of power creeping that Radial Javelin was actually a pretty impressive power. Nothing compared to Volt's ability to literally clear half a mission with one cast of Overload, but you know.

This was also back when you could get Warframes to several thousand shields/HP, as well. The old tree and mod system was so hilariously dumb.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Original mods were also non-upgradable flat bonuses to shields/armour/health/ability power as well, and stacked in a way so that originally frames had ludicrously high stats.

Edit: That'll teach me to leave the reply tab open.

This was way back when there was only a single tileset, the Corpus Ship, for every single mission on the solar system map, and the Hek and Gorgon were the undisputed Kings of the Gun.

double edit; some pictures of the old mod system at the top there. Blarhgrg.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 28, 2014

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
1000% multishot gorgons were the old-school Soma.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Wasn't there something like 15 meter punch-through (whatever it used to be called)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Shugojin posted:

I'm pretty sure that stances are going to be a thing with their own slot like Auras but I am not sure how that idea got into my head.

Because you watched and/or got read a summary of a devstream? This is how it's supposed to be setup.

As for whether or not one or the other is right/wrong, I get the feeling that your melee weapon will proc certain damage types base on the moves contained in a stance. Sooo a stace with a ton of puncture moves will be better for grineer than infested. I'm hoping that picking a stance is like picking which elements to take based on faction.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
The dev stream gave only one specific example of a stance and it was described similar to a corrupted mod. Swing slower for more swing damage. They may have added something else, but the stances are probably a minor tweak to the larger animation overhauls and combo system.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Aenslaed posted:

The dev stream gave only one specific example of a stance and it was described similar to a corrupted mod. Swing slower for more swing damage. They may have added something else, but the stances are probably a minor tweak to the larger animation overhauls and combo system.

Incorrect. The dev stream gave two specific examples for long sword. One was slow and hard hitting and the other was fast paced (the literal opposite of the other stance). They also said that it was going to probably get an aura-esque slot. As you level up the stance, your combos are able to get longer. The combos are also supposedly distinct between the stances.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Unless Melee 2.0 changes melee combat away from "Mash the single melee button as fast as you can or sometimes hold down the button if you're using a Galatine" it's going to be effectively the same thing as making it a fancy mod that slightly changes your animation.

Worst case scenario: DE makes all melee attacks knock you down unless you block them.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm like Shugojin in that I have some vague info in my mind and no clue how it got there but what I remember is this:

Melee is equipped like guns by holding down your weapon-swap button.
When you have your weapon out you can block melee and bullets coming from the front, stamina will only drain when actively blocking things.
Four basic combos to start will be mashing light attack, light attack with pausing between strikes, mashing heavy attack, and heavy attack with pausing between strikes.

I dunno how much of this I dreamed/was rumoured though.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

I just looked at this again to properly experience the update page now that it has a video on it, and I love it.

Those foreground cables cover up almost every single Grineer monitor where videos will presumably go. Only one is really unobstructed at any point. It's so loving :de:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Wales Grey posted:

Unless Melee 2.0 changes melee combat away from "Mash the single melee button as fast as you can or sometimes hold down the button if you're using a Galatine" it's going to be effectively the same thing as making it a fancy mod that slightly changes your animation.

Worst case scenario: DE makes all melee attacks knock you down unless you block them.

Have you played Darksiders. That's pretty much what I'm envisioning. It's a fairly simple system, but it has enough variation where some attacks are good against groups and others against single targets, etc.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Fish Noise posted:

Wasn't there something like 15 meter punch-through (whatever it used to be called)

All mods used to stack infinitely with themselves and be multiplied by themselves. Warframes had like 60k shields, weapons could pierce whole maps and split 20 times per bullet. It was amazing.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So the monitors read like their might be a grineer buff. Maybe just the reintroduction of Hek?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

Have you played Darksiders. That's pretty much what I'm envisioning. It's a fairly simple system, but it has enough variation where some attacks are good against groups and others against single targets, etc.

I'd rather they go DMC or Jedi Knight with the system, but Darksiders 1-style combat would be a welcome improvement.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Carecat posted:

So the monitors read like their might be a grineer buff. Maybe just the reintroduction of Hek?

Here is what im expecting a hek/melee 2.0 double update to be like

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Warframe by Platinum Studios would be incredible.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

My stats say my kill/death ratio is .25. I'm really bad at warframe PvP!! (I have never done PvP)

Stalker counts as Warframe PvP

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Terbulus posted:

Here is what im expecting a hek/melee 2.0 double update to be like

I would unironically play the hell out of this.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

Because you watched and/or got read a summary of a devstream? This is how it's supposed to be setup.

Oh cool. I wasn't sure I hadn't imagined it or it was a rumor or was from a devstream summary is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Azran posted:

Somaliland,
They'd have to be a recognized nation first. But I know my cousin in Somalia plays!

ElegantFugue posted:

I would unironically play the hell out of this.
Also this, that would be so awesome.