Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Junkenstein posted:

Only 6.66 percenter I've had. Nice though.

Edit: Problems attaching at work. It was this:

http://www.abbeydalebrewery.co.uk/uploads/beers/pump-clips/260x323/black_mass.png

Folks, I think we've found a new contender for "least professional looking label."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

danbanana posted:

Folks, I think we've found a new contender for "least professional looking label."

Not a label, but someone posted this a while back and I had to remind us all of its existence.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.
God drat I forgot how good Surly's Abrasive is. I wish I could get this in New Jersey.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

crazyfish posted:

Not a label, but someone posted this a while back and I had to remind us all of its existence.

yes, i was about to repost it! i think it gets worse/funnier every time i look at it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

crazyfish posted:

This is just color inverted goatse to me.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

danbanana posted:

Nah, that's pretty high quality in the world of cask ale.

Plus they have worse: http://www.abbeydalebrewery.co.uk/uploads/beers/pump-clips/260x323/absolution.png

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 28, 2014

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?

danbanana posted:

Flashback to some Geocities sites... If only the candle flame was a flickering GIF.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Retemnav posted:

Flashback to some Geocities sites... If only the candle flame was a flickering GIF.

Make it one of those holograms that flickers when you turn the bottle.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Not Joe Average Beer

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Pig Benis Disciple posted:

This is just color inverted goatse to me.

whoa, Patriot Joe is on some next-level trolling

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Hey Junkenstein, you know anything about craft beer spots in London? Where should I visit when I'm in town in about a month? There's too much of a selection to whittle down.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

SUPER HASSLER posted:

Hey Junkenstein, you know anything about craft beer spots in London? Where should I visit when I'm in town in about a month? There's too much of a selection to whittle down.

I'm not from London, but every time I've visited over the last few years it's got better and better. The scene is pretty amazing there. Obvious ones would be Euston Tap and any of the Brewdog bars (they serve lots of stuff other than their own); any Brodies pub (there's one in Soho called The Old Coffee house); lots of great microbreweries in East London that might have a bar open when you're down (look into London Fields, Redchurch [edit: looks like they have their own bar in Shoreditch now); The Cock in Hackney is a great craft beer pub (they seem to be focusing on their own beer a lot more since the last time I was there)..

I'm sure someone from London would be able to give you a proper recommended roster. It's a great city for beer now, but yeah, kinda hard to whittle it down. At the same time, you can't really go wrong.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 28, 2014

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funkybottoms posted:

whoa, Patriot Joe is on some next-level trolling

I'm still unsure if I would regularly buy and drink a goatse beer but it certainly would be funny to invite people over and tell them to grab us some beers from the fridge and hear their reactions.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

danbanana posted:

Jesus, yeah, I thought the GREAT BLUMPKIN ALE one was terrible, but here we are.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Keep an eye out for Chicagolands next up and coming brewery, Shat Brewery. They hope to do a tasting in the next couple years.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shat-Brewery/202532896601044?ref=stream

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

LeafHouse posted:

Keep an eye out for Chicagolands next up and coming brewery, Shat Brewery. They hope to do a tasting in the next couple years.

gently caress it. I'm done with beer.

E:

"Help us raise money to get our brewery off the ground!"

NO.

danbanana fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 28, 2014

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

LeafHouse posted:

Classy name. And if their facebook page is to be believed, their very first batch of any kind was four months ago. Who needs "experience" and "a name that doesn't make your brewery sound like a total bunch of douches" when you have "knowing what you like and dislike"?

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I'd like to stage a taste off between Shat, rear end Clown and Big Beaver and see if anyone would dare show up.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

SUPER HASSLER posted:

I'd like to stage a taste off between Shat, rear end Clown and Big Beaver and see if anyone would dare show up.

Don't forget the Brewery Formerly Known As Donkey Punch!

https://www.facebook.com/DonkeyPunchBrewery

Note that their current motto is a nice call back to their horrible original name.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

crazyfish posted:

Classy name. And if their facebook page is to be believed, their very first batch of any kind was four months ago. Who needs "experience" and "a name that doesn't make your brewery sound like a total bunch of douches" when you have "knowing what you like and dislike"?

but dude- did you see that sweet paddle?!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
"Making a mash paddle" - posted Feb. 7th

"Mash paddle 100% complete!" - posted Mar. 26th

I see great things in this go-getter's future.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Retemnav posted:

"Making a mash paddle" - posted Feb. 7th

"Mash paddle 100% complete!" - posted Mar. 26th

I see great things in this go-getter's future.

Patience is a virtue. Wait til this guy's carefully aged wild ales hit the trade market.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

danbanana posted:

horrible accidentally infected batches carefully aged wild ales

nah
Mar 16, 2009

crazyfish posted:

Haters vacate, this label owns. So much so that we purchased the rights to the brand.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Haters vacate, this label owns. So much so that we purchased the rights to the brand.

buuuuuullshit

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
That's amazing.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Buy a Shat Brewing Shart!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Oh my god. I must have patriot goatse beer. Is this something you can disclose or not?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

ISO

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

:stare:

I think I need this.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
lmao

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

I'll swing by on Tuesday lemme drink dat

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Oh my god. I must have patriot goatse beer. Is this something you can disclose or not?

Patriot Gose ;)

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Close it up

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

I demand this be submitted to Gizmodo's conversation on beer labels today

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Even though I know you just made that label, I want to believe this is real.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

WHA!? YOU'VE STOLEN THE MAGIC FROM ME!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nope sorry this is now Cigar City's flagship brand. You can't take this from me :patriot:

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

I spot Spanish on that label, which Patriot Joe is NOT gonna be happy with.

Your in America, learn American!!#!@

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I had a guy come to a QUAFF meeting (our homebrew club) and he told us it was his first meeting. My friend asked him about himself and he's like "I really want to open a brewery so I figured this would be a good place to get some information." It was at that point when we asked him about beer it became readily apparent he doesn't even know how beer is made.