Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I love my Maketoys Giant and Fansproject Menasor and Bruticus and they look loving awesome, but they are not really fun toys to play with. Transforming Giant back and forth is a huge project, and Menasor is so complicated that he makes MP Megatron look easy. Like it could take you two whole hours transforming that Menasor back and forth. He's just gonna stand on my shelf and look pretty.

Agreed on Giant, but Menasor isn't that bad at all after you've done it once. Yeah, I'd probably still have to look at the instructions to remember how all the kibble goes back into the trailer half, but the rest is pretty straightforward. The only real complaint I have about Menasor is that the new limb lock-on system seems inconsistent. The legs go on flawlessly, but the arms I have to push on with such excessive force that I was almost sure Diesel was going to just snap in half. Eventually they just popped on and I still can't figure out what I did differently.

quote:

I can't speak for the TFC ones, and while I have seen the Hercules and parts of Superion in person, I've never transformed them. I don't like messing with other peoples' toys when they cost multiple hundreds of dollars.

Herc and Uranos are pretty simple to transform overall, I would say no more complex than the average Voyager. The Uranos limbs in particular are super simple and surprisingly similar to the transformations of the G1 Aerialbots outside of a few tweaks. While Uranos is the combined mode I am most disappointed by, the Uranos limbs are probably the third party toys I've played around with the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I would say the TFC Hercules and Uranos (what I have of this one) both possess really solid transformations. They are good, solid toys that tend to be a bit plain, but are really poseable and sturdy ( outside of their few QC issues, which are well-documented).

I only have the one MMX toy, Hexatron. He's just as sturdy, looks better, has more fun features, and transforms well. It's a bit of a wash for me--I dig the TFC block aesthetic a great deal, but I can understand the knocks against them and the love for Feral Rex.

Doing all this talking about Predaking has me considering buying a Predaking which I wasn't going to do before. :arghfist: Capitalism! :arghfist:

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 27, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I really can't afford to complete Predaking so I was thinking of getting rid of my Bovis for the Early Bird price (80 bucks), essentially what I paid for it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Giant ain't that hard to transform actually (excepting Scrapper). It just makes your fingers really hurt at the end with all those sharp plastic angles.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blackheart posted:

Giant ain't that hard to transform actually (excepting Scrapper). It just makes your fingers really hurt at the end with all those sharp plastic angles.

Yeah only Long Haul and Scrapper are tricky, but it's mostly just time consuming. Since there's six of them, it takes a while to go from robot, to vehicle, to combined robot and back.

The Motormaster for Menasor is legitimately really complicated, though.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Long Haul and Scrapper are actually really hard, I think. Scrapper in particular is one of the least intuitive transformations I have ever seen. And yeah, while I appreciate the high quality plastic, it does result in sore fingers. My Giant has been in combined mode for over a year, and is unlikely to separate any time soon.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
MP-Wheeljack looks so good. So so good. And MP-Bumblebee's size looks pretty show-accurate:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
It's it worth getting Year of the Horse Optimus Prime? Is he a repainted MP-10 Prime?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Revolver Bunker posted:

It's it worth getting Year of the Horse Optimus Prime? Is he a repainted MP-10 Prime?

He is indeed a repaint of MP-10. As to whether or not he's worth getting, that depends on whether or not you like his gold bling and clear trailer. I have MP-10 so I have zero desire to get him. Some people dig the deco, and others just want the mold and don't care that it's in weird colors.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

He is indeed a repaint of MP-10. As to whether or not he's worth getting, that depends on whether or not you like his gold bling and clear trailer. I have MP-10 so I have zero desire to get him. Some people dig the deco, and others just want the mold and don't care that it's in weird colors.
I would say that if you do not yet own the MP-10 and can't see yourself realistically paying >$200 for that mold, go for YOTH Prime. The mold is worth it.

As an MP-10 owner I have been very tempted to pick up YOTH Prime just because it is easily available in my area. The colors are growing on me. Also a light behind the YOTH trailer is pretty crazy.

:catdrugs:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
YOTH is the only Prime I have, and looks fantastic, I think the gold and subdued red really rocks.

Almost as nice as Black Convoy looks.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
I bought the Blowcaine Thrillionaire aka YOTH Prime and I think he's rad as hell. Love the gold chrome on it for some reason. The super dark helmet also makes his baby blues stand out even more. I wasn't thrilled about the trailer but its grown on me considerably. Ugh, this thread tricked me into getting into MPs and now O have Prime, Soundwave, and Starscream with Wheeljack and Bee preordered. Thanks for nothing, jerks.

I really wish they had more MP Decepticons because I've always liked them better than the Autobots but such is life. Not hopping on Quakewave is one of my bigger regrets in my toy buying life.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TheDK posted:

I would say that if you do not yet own the MP-10 and can't see yourself realistically paying >$200 for that mold, go for YOTH Prime. The mold is worth it.

As an MP-10 owner I have been very tempted to pick up YOTH Prime just because it is easily available in my area. The colors are growing on me. Also a light behind the YOTH trailer is pretty crazy.

:catdrugs:

It's really up to personal preference. The colors have grown on me a bit too, but I don't need him, and I don't have space for another MP-10 anywhere. It's also $150 I could spend on something else.

Honest Ray posted:

I really wish they had more MP Decepticons because I've always liked them better than the Autobots but such is life. Not hopping on Quakewave is one of my bigger regrets in my toy buying life.

Same here. I hope they do a 2nd run sometime...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Same here. I hope they do a 2nd run sometime...

It would actually be the fourth run at this point. I got mine on the third which they claim is the "final" run. But who knows?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

It would actually be the fourth run at this point. I got mine on the third which they claim is the "final" run. But who knows?

Maybe I'll just get one and pay out the rear end at TFCo- oh Jesus, I just looked at eBay and he's like $250-300. Maybe I'll wait a few years and hope Takara makes one...

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Maybe I'll just get one and pay out the rear end at TFCo- oh Jesus, I just looked at eBay and he's like $250-300. Maybe I'll wait a few years and hope Takara makes one...

Toydojo still has grey Quakewaves for $200

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Toydojo still has grey Quakewaves for $200

Was just going to mention this, he's as badass in gray as he is in purple, I love both my Quakewaves

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Weren't they going to do a Voyager sized version of Quakewave? What happened to that?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think that was MMC, but that project was cancelled.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I suppose I could always paint a grey one purple. But I can't afford to blow $200 on him right now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I've yet to see a single Generations deluxe here in Louisiana yet. :saddowns:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I love black repaints and I love Soundwave, so I snagged a MP Soundblaster. It looks great. Ratbat is a thing of beauty.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

The_Doctor posted:

I've yet to see a single Generations deluxe here in Louisiana yet. :saddowns:

Try again in September or so.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

SpikeMcclane posted:

Try again in September or so.

TRU saved me! One single Minicon team!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
A Dostoyevsky quote, a Julian Cope song ref, and a bunch of Autobots desperately trying to hear what's going on inside Rung's office while he has a session with the newest 'Autobot'...

..yup, it can only be a preview for the next issue of MTMTE, all right.

"And when did you you first decide the universe needed dominating?"

Nightbeat and Nautica are joining the crew too, hurrah!

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Hahahah, that is an amazing preview.

Oh and I don't know if anyone follows ReGeneration One, but it finished "forever" with issue #100. It was okay, I guess? It's nice they got to end the story 'properly' but it felt rushed and confusing at best. And kinda went out with a whimper.

GrimGypsy fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 29, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Haha, Rung collects toys, what a NEEERD.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sentinel Red posted:

Nightbeat and Nautica are joining the crew too, hurrah!
So far I've enjoyed every bit of dialogue they've written for Nautica, even if I'm still disappointed she doesn't appear to turn into a truck.

Kinda disappointed with how RiD's premise is shaping up, but I guess Galvatron gonna Galvatron. I wonder if that's where Rodimus is going, then.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Today's new episode of Rescue Bots had a Skyrim reference.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Saw this at the supermarket. I am tempted to buy it and put it on the Transformers shelf because I can't afford Masterpiece Wheeljack.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Iced Cocoa posted:

Saw this at the supermarket. I am tempted to buy it and put it on the Transformers shelf because I can't afford Masterpiece Wheeljack.

There's plenty of time 'till he comes out, you can start saving now!

HiriseSoftware posted:

Today's new episode of Rescue Bots had a Skyrim reference.

Please, please tell me it wasn't about arrows and knees :ohdear:

Suit and Tie
May 19, 2009

Ka0 posted:

KOs of MP Prowl have started to pop up on ebay. No idea of their quality so far. $39 isn't so bad right?

Hmm... they don't seem to be showing up anywhere for me yet. I'd be grateful for a nudge in the right direction if possible?
Shipping kills me so any saving for a semidecent mold is key.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Blackheart posted:

Please, please tell me it wasn't about arrows and knees :ohdear:

It was. But Blades said it so it was cute. The episode was about a virtual reality video game gone awry. There was a 2001 (the film) reference too.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Why the gently caress is Blast Off a space shuttle? Was there ever a design or managing reason or was it just "Woooo sell toys to kids! They don't know when the hell space shuttles were invented compared to the rest of these WWII-era vehicles!"

I mean I love Bruticus, but it's so drat odd that I can't help wondering if there's some bigger story behind it.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Only Swindle and maybe Onslaught were plausibly from WWII; Brawl's too modern of a tank, and Vortex is a helicopter that isn't a spindly nazi mess. The WWII thing is explicitly a case of "toy first, plot after" in the G1 cartoon.

Also, little-known fact! The space shuttle was going to be a military vehicle; it was co-designed by the Air Force to snatch enemy satellites out of orbit and then land before the Soviets could figure out what the gently caress, but they quietly abandoned that mission profile and left STS to rot as an overengineered nightmare. It's a miracle they only lost two of the things during the shuttle's operating lifespan.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I can accept that.

It's just so weird that in the cartoon he starts as a big bomber, clearly visible as a big bomber, and then morphs into a space shuttle.

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010
Someone started this...uh...facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/IDWNope

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
People liked Costa's run?

As far as I'm concerned the only good thing that came out of his stuff is what happened with Thundercracker.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So wait, those guys DON'T like what James Roberts is doing? I mean, some of the dialog is a bit British, innit, but that's not anything remotely resembling any kind of deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Chu Chu posted:

Someone started this...uh...facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/IDWNope

If nothing else, the internet has taught me that nothing is so good that someone out there won't have lovely enough taste to hate it. Skimming that page it mostly looks like a bad case of GEEWUN gone malignant.