Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Red Crown posted:

FYF is something I'd use if I were interested in actually preventing them from taking space in Catch. I'm not, -A- can rot for all I care, goodfites tilde is really what my squad is here for. Wolffleet is something you would really, really expect to be good, but it just didn't quite hash out in practice - believe me, that was one of the first things I thought of. I've gotta say though, that LML Heretic idea is really, really neat.

The other problem with a fleet of combat Interdictors is that Atrum will have an aneurism at the idea of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Beach Bum posted:

You're not REALLY saying a Hurricane is Amarr, right? :negative:

When's the next APB fleet, I wanna get in on the action.

Soon™, I've been busy over the past few days and I've got to make sure he's online and we're in a good position. I might slip my alt into GoonWaffe beforehand just so I have a Blops ready to go.

e: Also I want the backing of a Dir and the Groon guys just so I don't cause some kind of incident.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Leo Showers posted:

Soon™, I've been busy over the past few days and I've got to make sure he's online and we're in a good position. I might slip my alt into GoonWaffe beforehand just so I have a Blops ready to go.

e: Also I want the backing of a Dir and the Groon guys just so I don't cause some kind of incident.

Wait who are you hunting?

E: Oh I'm slow, me? That's a rad as gently caress idea. Hey, I have no problem with it and Tim hates me with all his guts - don't waste your time checking with him. I run a bomber fleet every Friday at 10:00 EST so if you're looking for me tomorrow you probably won't have any luck. I'm most active on Friday nights.

Noctis Horrendae fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 29, 2014

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

ullerrm posted:

Sorry, this is gonna be a wall of text, and it's a response to a question from a few pages ago.

This is a good walk-through of process to create a fitting from nothing but a goal and a hull, and pretty much anyone with enough experience to do that will use a similar method.

Propmod and guns (or tackle/EW on non-damage oriented hulls) are the two things I usually start with, because they determine the overall purpose of the ship; the rest is filling in details to refine or optimize that goal.

ullerrm posted:

• I'll start the nos at meta-2 (Knave) because I know that it has the lowest grid usage.

I had actually never noticed that meta 3-4 frigate nos had higher grid requirements, as none of the other nos or neuts are like that. Gotta love Eve's many little inexplicable inconsistencies.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Noctis Horrendae posted:

Wait who are you hunting?

E: Oh I'm slow, me?

I can neither confirm nor deny ongoing Deklein PD investigations/operations, citizen.

Move along.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Leo Showers posted:

I can neither confirm nor deny ongoing Deklein PD investigations/operations, citizen.

Move along.

No, this is seriously a great idea. We're heading out about 20 minutes from now. Eager to see you guys. :getin:

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

ullerrm posted:

* Wolffleet refresh. They're AB frigates, easy to stage; half the range (30+20km with Tremor) as a Harpy, roughly the same DPS capability as a Harpy. You'd have to bring it up to date, though. Mostly a matter of swapping a TC in for the damp and adding a kin resist mod. Throw in some Crucifiers/Sentinels to handle Muninns.

I can't imagine the Wolf is actually better at this than the Jaguar? Maybe slightly higher DPS, but a lot less range flexibility, and comparatively terrible tracking at the same ranges. I'm not even seeing a way to fit a 400mm plate Wolf with artillery short of an MAPCII + ACR, and you really need the plate buffer to be able to catch reps in time.

Edit: To illustrate my point, a Wolf with Tremor does 91 DPS at 25+22km with 0.035 tracking, while a Jaguar with RF TitSabot does 84 DPS at 25+20km with 0.185 tracking. They have roughly the same EHP, the same speed/sig ratio, and the Jaguar is 200m/s faster.

mikey fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 29, 2014

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I need to talk to Suas about getting you set red for the BOS/SV guys in Syndicate as well.

I'm getting the vibe that Groon won't mind if we happen to blap him right of one of their fleets? Or has it reached the point where he's not even safe in Groon fleets to begin with?

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

He is currently in KTHT, groon asked me to pass this along.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Voyager I posted:

I need to talk to Suas about getting you set red for the BOS/SV guys in Syndicate as well.

I'm getting the vibe that Groon won't mind if we happen to blap him right of one of their fleets? Or has it reached the point where he's not even safe in Groon fleets to begin with?

Not really. We use him for target practice too.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Voyager I posted:

It's fine dude. They do it too. Go for it.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Noctis Horrendae posted:

It's fine dude. They do it too. Go for it.
    /
:smith:

Your reactions make me disappointed, as if it's just too easy and expected.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Leo Showers posted:

/

Sorry, I can pretend to be a bit more angry if you'd like. :canada:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

mikey posted:

I had actually never noticed that meta 3-4 frigate nos had higher grid requirements, as none of the other nos or neuts are like that. Gotta love Eve's many little inexplicable inconsistencies.

There's actually a ton of module groups where is no smooth line between fitting requirements and meta level / effectiveness. Shield extenders, for example, where CPU will decrease from meta0-meta3, then go up again for meta 4. (Meta-3 MSEs are actually really handy in a lot of AF fits.) Or sebos and sigamps, where meta2/meta3 inexplicably cost more. Or webs and scrams, where there's basically no predictability in CPU usage whatsoever.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Voyager I posted:

The other problem bonus with a fleet of combat Interdictors is that Atrum will have an aneurism at the idea of it.

I'd move some heretics down to do a fleet like this. It sounds awesome.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Leo Showers posted:

/

That doesn't make it any less entertaining.

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=60151

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

I'd move some heretics down to do a fleet like this. It sounds awesome.

STIM does it with some frequency. It is as awesome as it sounds.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Shut up, noob. :smithicide:

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Booley posted:

STIM does it with some frequency. It is as awesome as it sounds.

Is it really that much better than a Talwar fleet?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

mikey posted:

Is it really that much better than a Talwar fleet?

Both Heretic (plated) and Flycatcher (mse+invuln) hit 15-17k EHP, and they have better damage bonuses. Flycatcher in particular does more damage, with better exp radius, while moving faster and having more HP. Heretics, meanwhile, have two mids free for tackle / damps / TPs.

It's Talwars taken up a notch. Nothing more.

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

Angela Christine posted:

Did you really bring a Maller on a frigate roam?

No, but the mongoloid piece of poo poo who bought my avatar can't read. Some french guy did, lost it, and brought a cyno bomber. We then got a carrier kill because of that cyno.

powers fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 29, 2014

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

powers posted:

No, but the mongoloid piece of poo poo who bought my avatar can't read. Some french guy did, lost it, and brought a cyno bomber. We then got a carrier kill because of that cyno.

I think the av might be referring to your reaction to said maller.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

ullerrm posted:

Both Heretic (plated) and Flycatcher (mse+invuln) hit 15-17k EHP, and they have better damage bonuses. Flycatcher in particular does more damage, with better exp radius, while moving faster and having more HP. Heretics, meanwhile, have two mids free for tackle / damps / TPs.

It's Talwars taken up a notch. Nothing more.

I assume you mean with links, because I can't get a functional LML Flycatcher past about 13k EHP with an MWD with any kind of cap time, and the only way to get a Heretic above about 10k is to use two ACR IIs or an MAPCII and a +3% grid implant.

e: Hmm, I guess the Flycatcher is better off with an MAPC+second MSE than a DC.

mikey fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 29, 2014

Hemimaori
Feb 22, 2014

Klyith posted:

It's a bit weird but T3s are powerful, so this is a second downside to their use in addition to their expense.

OTOH subsystem skills are rank 1s, so even if you lose a V it's still only 3-5 days to retrain. Anyone who loses T3s faster than that should take it as a message that they shouldn't be flying them. They're absurdly survivable.

not against 15 Trashers.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Hemimaori posted:

not against 15 Trashers.

PVE tengus don't count. My proteus has (in fleet) 322k ehp. It would take ~180 thrashers to alpha. So yeah, they're absurdly survivable.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
I just went through Evething and discovered that I have three billion in T1 battleships that I bought shortly before BS tiericide. :downs: Evething is amazing.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I tried to talk to harry forever when he was like 6 jumps away and he left the convo :mad:

Amyclas
Mar 9, 2013

I can't believe CCP banned Erotica1 because a lynch mob wanted his blood. They guy he scammed never filed a petition and even tried to calm things down after Jester went crazy with his blog.

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

Amyclas posted:

I can't believe CCP banned Erotica1 because a lynch mob wanted his blood. They guy he scammed never filed a petition and even tried to calm things down after Jester went crazy with his blog.

To me, the biggest issue with the whole thing is Ripard using his CSM influence to start the whole sequence of events. Players are not given direct access to CCP staff so they can request sanctions against other players. Regardless of outcomes against Erotica1's account, Ripard needs to be taken aside and have that explained to him. He is our representative solely as a community advocate. Decisions about what the playerbase considers acceptable are not his to make, nor unilaterally petition for.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I'm pretty pumped, I'm only a couple days out from T2 light missiles, which I guess isn't a big deal, but it means I can do Interesting Things with my Amarr and Caldari Frigate V skills.

Is the Retribution any good? I'm uncomfortable with having only two mid slots.

Kjep64
Oct 3, 2013

Coffee. Cigarettes. Beer. Kimchi. Ingest.

Sir_Substance posted:

To me, the biggest issue with the whole thing is Ripard using his CSM influence to start the whole sequence of events. Players are not given direct access to CCP staff so they can request sanctions against other players. Regardless of outcomes against Erotica1's account, Ripard needs to be taken aside and have that explained to him. He is our representative solely as a community advocate. Decisions about what the playerbase considers acceptable are not his to make, nor unilaterally petition for.

Yes, it's complete bullshit the way Ripard went about this. I'm more of pissed off at the possibility of losing the time-honored tradition of making people sing on comms because it might cause too much 'real life harassment'. That's the whole loving point! You did something dumb. We have your ship/pod/stuff. Sing us some songs and we might let you go. We're not going to tell the dude to outright kill himself, but make fun of him to some degree in a joking manner, hell yes. I mean what the hell constitutes harassment now?

On an unrelated note the Wolf is my favorite frigate.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Is the Retribution any good? I'm uncomfortable with having only two mid slots.

Depends on your play style:

As a solo ship, it's probably the weakest AF in the game.

If you're in a gang and have armor logi, it's an a absurdly sturdy secondary tackler / ewar frig killer; you break 11k EHP with no links, you have the CPU to fit a long point, and you hit out to 20km with Scorch.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

ullerrm posted:

Many things over the last couple of pages.

Commendable effort-posting sir. As someone who doesn't know the first thing about undocking in eve, you have my thanks.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

mikey posted:

I assume you mean with links, because I can't get a functional LML Flycatcher past about 13k EHP with an MWD with any kind of cap time, and the only way to get a Heretic above about 10k is to use two ACR IIs or an MAPCII and a +3% grid implant.

e: Hmm, I guess the Flycatcher is better off with an MAPC+second MSE than a DC.

I'm guessing that you're trying to fit a MWD. The Flycatcher has the same speed under AB as a Harpy, and sits at 12k EHP with no gang links. (DC, em ward amp, invuln, MSE, and a CDFE.) You shouldn't have any problem with cap stability; Fly can run a meta-1 MWD + suitcase + invuln at 40% cap stability.

You are correct on the links otherwise. The fits that I gave Red Crown for the Heretic will come in at 11k EHP sans gang links, 14k with Legion links.

Sir_Substance posted:

Firstly, Ripard has very little influence as a result of being CSM. (Ask Mittani how much power you have as a CSM member.) Ripard is just a damned blogger, and one that is often wrong, imho.

Secondly, you don't need to be on CSM to get direct access to CCP staff. Just contribute something to the community, and interaction with CCP staff will follow. (I speak from personal experience running the SCL.)

Thirdly, Ripard isn't your community advocate; Mynnna and Kesper are your advocates. The CSM is designed to have multiple representatives that champion a wide variety of views; if you feel that your views are underrepresented on the CSM, then it's a good thing that CSM 10 elections are about to start.

Ripard makes a stink about stuff that bothers him, but he's just one player. CCP happens to agree with him on this particular case. CCP disagrees with Ripard on many other things, and honestly, their disagreements with him is why I'm currently winning at Eve. If you don't like it, then your goal should be to change CCP's opinion, not his.

(For what little it's worth, my personal view on it: I love griefing. Kill, gank, scam, do whatever you want; that's the joy of the Eve sandbox. Sand castles exist to be kicked over. However, never forget that it's a game played by humans. I have run into people at Fanfest that I have taken for every isk that they owned, and I've bought them a pint, because it's a videogame and we're all human. Can we get back to internet spaceships now, please?)

Kenlon posted:

I just went through Evething and discovered that I have three billion in T1 battleships that I bought shortly before BS tiericide. :downs: Evething is amazing.

This is my problem. I have ~20 each of the Tier1 battleship hulls in our lowsec staging system, and I need to sell them off >_<

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Kenlon posted:

You might want to look at selling those off before the summer expansion. With the change to reprocessing / refining coming up, holding large quantities of t1 mods or hulls will have a lot more risk since you can't melt them down for the full input. Someone who knows more about markets & industry could tell me I'm totally wrong, but I think that will push the average prices of those items down.

Man, between losses from reprocessing and low/null finally getting a boost for industry, the summer expansion is going to be weird. The lower bound for ship hulls will drop back to insurance fraud values rather than the just-below-mineral-value. An interesting though I just had about this change is that the "I mined it so it's free" mindset could have a big comeback.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

mikey posted:

I can't imagine the Wolf is actually better at this than the Jaguar? Maybe slightly higher DPS, but a lot less range flexibility, and comparatively terrible tracking at the same ranges. I'm not even seeing a way to fit a 400mm plate Wolf with artillery short of an MAPCII + ACR, and you really need the plate buffer to be able to catch reps in time.

Sorry, this came in while I was at the bar. The Jaguar has the better bonuses for artillery on paper, but it has terrible fitting problems; assuming 280mm arty and AB, you need two fitting mods to get an MSE on there. (Hawk has similar problems when fitting LMLs.) This was the best that I could get out of it, given my limited imagination:

code:
[Jaguar, cfc ab arty?]
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Co-Processor II

1MN Afterburner II
Optical Tracking Computer I, Optimal Range Script
Upgraded Kinetic Deflection Amplifier I
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP S
[empty high slot]

Small Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
With no gang links: 8k EHP, 130dps (886 alpha) @ 12+13km with short range ammo, 75dps (513 alpha) @ 42+13km with Tremor. It's not terrible, but it's far from remarkable either.

In comparison, what you get out of a Wolf:

code:
[Wolf, modern wolffleet]
Damage Control II
Coreli A-Type Explosive Plating
Coreli A-Type Kinetic Plating
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Gyrostabilizer II

1MN Afterburner II
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

[empty high slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Anti-Explosive Pump I
9k EHP before gang links, 147dps (1087 alpha) @ 9+18km with close range ammo, 85dps (630 alpha) @ 31+19km with Tremor.

Note that A-type single-resist platings are currently 2-3M apiece, dirt cheap. If that were to change for any reason, this wouldn't be quite as awesome, but it'd still probably outperform the Jag.

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD
friggin argleblargle/tim neilsen

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

powers posted:

friggin argleblargle/tim neilsen

Someone explain why this is hilarious? (Aside from it being a Jump Freighter killed by a goddamn Titan).

Also, how much are those blue Punishers going for right now? I want one twelve.

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014

The Leper Colon V posted:

Someone explain why this is hilarious? (Aside from it being a Jump Freighter killed by a goddamn Titan).

Also, how much are those blue Punishers going for right now? I want one twelve.

A jump freighter killed to a doomsday and no tackle on the kill mail is pretty funny. I'd like to know how that came to be though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

The comment I got on it was 'something something don't cyno onto a POS'. Seems self explanatory.

• Locked thread