Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnomers
Nov 14, 2004
Working all day on the shaman 1.0. Got to part 3 test of strength.

Hailed the sentinal spirit
Gave the spirit the sparkling gem
Fucktard spirit told me I am not good enough.

So I did what any rational frustrated person would do and killed the sentinal spirit.

Guess I do not have the correct faction. Will do the sparkling quest over and over until. I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

To have the faction for it you had to do every step in the quest the way it said to do it or your faction wouldn't work, just get max ally doing the gem trick and I'll MQ the Child's Tear and you can skip the rest.

My pally slow leveling experiment is over after finishing the 1.0 and realizing the 1.5/2.0 are just as bad. gently caress whatever dev came up with that bullshit, I've done every other class's 1.0-2.0, most more than once and none of them come close to the level of bullshit that is pally's.

I'll just PL us to 100 and problem solved.

gnomers
Nov 14, 2004
No I did every part correctly. I followed the epic to the T I will get this epic. Either at this level or at 100. For now I am out at a bar getting drunk

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Midnight City posted:

Turns out it was just a suspension but they still say they have no record of either Grylis or me giving that NPC anything at all so gently caress them.

GM gave me some speech about respecting guides because they're volunteer and do it for the good of the game and I just go "No they do it because they're impotent little power hungry nerds" and he /sigh'd at me and left.

You sound like a nice guy.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Node posted:

You sound like a nice guy.

All that's left is for me to develop a raging cocaine addiction for you to begin throwing your money at me while defending my internet honor. :allears:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Midnight City posted:

All that's left is for me to develop a raging cocaine addiction for you to begin throwing your money at me while defending my internet honor. :allears:

Hey, hey, hey. How dare you. That is rude. You got the most important fact wrong. They were painkillers, not cocaine.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

The thing with the guide was Darkhand got a guildmate of his to MQ a Ball of Everliving Golem for warrior's epic, we both handed it in to the NPC and the NPC ate them with no message/reaction. I petition it and a guide messages me later on and says there's no record of either of us giving the NPC anything and we must have given it to the wrong NPC, I say we didn't and he says if we'd given it to the NPC there would be a record so basically calling us liars, because there isn't a record we obviously didn't give it to him.

So I ask him if he can see that the Ball of Everliving Golem was on the guildmate's character at one time, he says it was, I ask him if it's there now and he says no, I ask him if he'd destroyed it or given it to an NPC would he be able to see it in the record and he says yes, so I go "By jove Sherlock I believe we're on to something!", he waits like 10 minutes and then just says there's nothing he can do and he's closing the ticket, I tell him to bump it up to get a GM to look at it and he says no, then I just start acting crazy to get him to report me to a GM which he did and eventually the GM says he's giving the item back to Darkhand's guildmate.

So the moral of the story is gently caress guides. And maybe gently caress me a little (but not as much as guides)

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Unless you're some roleplayer it's easier to bind yourself at the butcherblock pok book and mad dash your way to freeport to spam repeat the quest. Kill peg-leg next to the book, hail wolf, go through quest text for about an hour until you're max ally and then do the city of mist part. Then it's just tracking down the child's tear which isn't too hard to do. Took me about an hour for tear after getting fear timers.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Stanos posted:

Unless you're some roleplayer it's easier to bind yourself at the butcherblock pok book and mad dash your way to freeport to spam repeat the quest. Kill peg-leg next to the book, hail wolf, go through quest text for about an hour until you're max ally and then do the city of mist part. Then it's just tracking down the child's tear which isn't too hard to do. Took me about an hour for tear after getting fear timers.

No.

The easy way is to bind yourself and a druid at the guy in fp, get a druid port to butcher. Pull peg-leg over to the druid ring, kill him to spawn the spirit, get the gem, gate both back to fp, hand in the gem, then group port back to butcher with the spirit waiting at the druid ring.

When I did this for a few chars, fellowship campfire ports could be used without cooldown, so I used that to avoid having to zone the druid back every time.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

jetz0r posted:

No.

The easy way is to bind yourself and a druid at the guy in fp, get a druid port to butcher. Pull peg-leg over to the druid ring, kill him to spawn the spirit, get the gem, gate both back to fp, hand in the gem, then group port back to butcher with the spirit waiting at the druid ring.

When I did this for a few chars, fellowship campfire ports could be used without cooldown, so I used that to avoid having to zone the druid back every time.

Everquest is such a compelling game :allears:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Midnight City posted:

My pally slow leveling experiment is over after finishing the 1.0 and realizing the 1.5/2.0 are just as bad. gently caress whatever dev came up with that bullshit, I've done every other class's 1.0-2.0, most more than once and none of them come close to the level of bullshit that is pally's.

And you all gave me a ton of poo poo when I asked if the paladin epic(s) were actually worth doing. :smugbert:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
The worst thing about the paladin 2.0 these days is the 10 player requirement, in raid, all in Felwithe, with you the leader. Thats just dumb.

But the epic is really good. Paladins can make pretty much any heal that lands on them completely heal them if you have Armor of the Inquisitor, Blessed Aura, Epic, and 1st spire running. Its something like 140% increasing heals. If a shaman casts their group heal spell and Spiritual Surge, that's usually a total or near total heal for each heal. You can't die.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Devor posted:

Everquest is such a compelling game :allears:
I unironically think that the quirks, pseudo-bugs and unintended stuff like this is precisely what makes EQ cool. :) There just aren't enough development resources to streamline, balance and polish everything, which is good, particularly when the game is in such a state - old, nostalgic and not that serious. Look at That Big MMORPG and how polished it has become; too much.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Is there a way to get the test server version of spells_us.txt without doing a testcopy?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

saintonan posted:

Is there a way to get the test server version of spells_us.txt without doing a testcopy?

The raidloot spell parser has to option to download test's spell file directly. https://code.google.com/p/eqspellparser/

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
We setup a couple groups before powar hit, then spent 8 hours getting keys for ourselves. Finally we zone to the gated part, and get bitched at for not helping people in 5seconds that had just logged in :psyduck:

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

been playing lately on drinal, anyone else play there?

I'm Megadan, a semi-useless level 89 warrior

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

This is kind of a stupid question, but for people who box (which I assume is nearly everyone), do you have separate installs for each instance you run, or do you just run them all from the same install?

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I can attest to Midnight City being a nice guy. He helped me quite a bit with some guidance on SK 1.5 epic. I was able to get the jellyfish breeder, PoGrowth, and PoFear pieces too!

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Carl Seitan posted:

This is kind of a stupid question, but for people who box (which I assume is nearly everyone), do you have separate installs for each instance you run, or do you just run them all from the same install?

Same install, Click play, select a server, then wait for the loader window to drop out and start another instance.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Cithen posted:

I can attest to Midnight City being a nice guy. He helped me quite a bit with some guidance on SK 1.5 epic. I was able to get the jellyfish breeder, PoGrowth, and PoFear pieces too!

:blush:

Marl is up right now duder

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

Carl Seitan posted:

I used to use the same install for my box account. I found though, that I get better performance out of my PC using a separate install for each box. This way you can set the processor affinity to each instance of eqgame.exe to a different core.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I run all my boxes from one install. (Usually 3 boxing, but I can handle 6 fine)

I have a fairly new rig though.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Aragosta posted:

I used to use the same install for my box account. I found though, that I get better performance out of my PC using a separate install for each box. This way you can set the processor affinity to each instance of eqgame.exe to a different core.

Put this in your eqclient.ini

CPUAffinity0=-1
CPUAffinity1=-1
CPUAffinity2=-1

The 0 to 2 part is for each new instance of EQ, -1 sets each instance to have an affinity for all core. You get better performance by allowing processes to be moved to the core with the lowest load instead of being locked to one core.

Annoying Jerk
Feb 19, 2004
I just started a heroic Paladin/Druid/Enchanter 3 box and I'm a little lost. I completed the j5 merc quest and started hunting named mobs in the ferrott for gear. I really want to turn my paladin into a beast. Where should I hunt/quest and what items should I obtain?

Annoying Jerk fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 28, 2014

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

jetz0r posted:

CPUAffinity0=-1
CPUAffinity1=-1
CPUAffinity2=-1

The 0 to 2 part is for each new instance of EQ, -1 sets each instance to have an affinity for all core. You get better performance by allowing processes to be moved to the core with the lowest load instead of being locked to one core.

Does this just go anywhere in the .ini file?

And if I am 2-boxing (out of the same directory for both), do i just need the first 2 lines?

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Annoying Jerk posted:

I just started a heroic Paladin/Druid/Enchanter 3 box and I'm a little lost. I completed the j5 merc quest and started hunting named mobs in the ferrott for gear. I really want to turn my paladin into a beast. Where should I hunt/quest and what items should I obtain?

At 85 you'd ideally want to buy a full set of 'of Argath' visibles, then spend a hundred hours camping AC augs.

http://augs.eqresource.com/augsearch.php

Using that is the easiest way to find the augs you need/can get.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

jetz0r posted:

CPUAffinity0=-1
CPUAffinity1=-1
CPUAffinity2=-1

Thanks for this. I'll give it a go when I get home tonight.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

TheShazbot posted:

been playing lately on drinal, anyone else play there?

I'm Megadan, a semi-useless level 89 warrior

I play as Juka on Drinal, I'm generally only on for raids or PLing people I have tricked to roll on the server.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

DerekSmartymans posted:

Does this just go anywhere in the .ini file?

And if I am 2-boxing (out of the same directory for both), do i just need the first 2 lines?

Just in the [DEFAULT] section somewhere is fine. I put some extra ones in case I load up more instances for something.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

4-boxing on a quad core CPU, I've found the best for me is to dedicate core #2 to my main box (I think core #1 is sort of the default core and thus gets raped by other applications), and use ISBoxer to do its round-robin balancing for the remaining boxes.

It's still pretty heavy duty, particularly in goddamn PoK with all the people. Oh well, can't really complain about EQ being busy.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

jetz0r posted:

Just in the [DEFAULT] section somewhere is fine. I put some extra ones in case I load up more instances for something.

Thanks, it appears to smooth some out!

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Test just came down for patch, anybody still doing their 1.0's should log in asap and get whatever you need.

Edit: Picked up the Fear golems after server up, got a Ball of Everliving Golem and second Soul Leech for anybody needing them for their epics, and still have 4-5 Child's Tears

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 29, 2014

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

So is it past the point in time when I can delete a heroic character and get the flag back for it so I can create another one? Or can I still do that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Carl Seitan posted:

So is it past the point in time when I can delete a heroic character and get the flag back for it so I can create another one? Or can I still do that?

You're SOL. Free Heroic ended on 3/26.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

You can still do it, it just won't be free.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Been power leveling with my Heroic SK now for a couple of hours (not too bad), and I had a question: Do SK's have an AoE spell just to generate hate? The only reason I've asked is I think I remember somebody mentioning this before and I just couldn't find it. I think it had something to do with "terror" and I draw a blank after that :-).

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

DerekSmartymans posted:

Been power leveling with my Heroic SK now for a couple of hours (not too bad), and I had a question: Do SK's have an AoE spell just to generate hate? The only reason I've asked is I think I remember somebody mentioning this before and I just couldn't find it. I think it had something to do with "terror" and I draw a blank after that :-).

The blue spells in the same spell folder as your terrors are all pbae hate spells. I forgot what they're called, but SKs get a new one every level increase.

AAs Explosion of Spite and Hatred are 5 target AE hate spells, if you've leveled up to getting them.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

jetz0r posted:

The blue spells in the same spell folder as your terrors are all pbae hate spells. I forgot what they're called, but SKs get a new one every level increase.

Great. Thanks a ton!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Anybody happen to know of a no level req/rec list of items that you can get from FV? I'm talking about stuff like Assistant Researcher's Symbol necklace (42ac / 285hp/mana/end 8% dodge).

I'm wanting to make an ultimate twink warrior to level but can't find anymore info than what I already know. I bought a subscription to Alla but their search function doesn't seem to want to work that way.