Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i googled tim tam

is there any american here that has had them and can compare them for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Portals posted:

some day I will eat a tim tam and then I will be happy

it's tempting to stay up late with you australian ladies like I have been doing but it's been screwing up my sleep schedule, I gotta start getting to bed before 1

Then go to beeeeedddddd

I could participate in ya'lls chats proper as they happen at like 10am to 2pm here time, but I have stuff to do during the day. Admittedly usually thats just me avoiding doing things, but its still a thing.

I have to figure out when the left for dead games happen and have some computer game time then. Shooting zombies for lunch sounds like fun.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Fabulist posted:

oh i'm a derp. the initial application is in a stippling fashion, ie you get a bit of concealer on the end of the brush and poke it against your skin repeatedly. With liquid, you get a surprisingly even amount of coverage just from that. I should mention here that concealer also hides dark circles best when applied in an inverted triangle shape, like the eye on the left in this pic:

Okay so you stipple the everloving gently caress out of that triangularish area. then you use whatever to blend the edges in with your skin, but don't touch where your circles are or most of the triangle. it's kind of a pain to do it on your lower lids if your circles are close, having things blend is usually priority #1, so blend what you have to. edit: whatever little bit of eye shadow I put along my lower lid helps hide/blend this, for me.

After that, when applying foundation, you blend the edges of triangles in best as possible. Then you add foundation over the triangles if needed. The idea is to disturb the stippled-on triangle bit as little as possible, especially over the dark circles, because dark circles are the universe's curse for us wanting knowledge or something and ridiculously hard to cover, so more is better. Obviously there's a line, and past it more is worse, but it takes a surprising amount of even nice, opaque concealers to cover those fuckers.

If that still doesn't make sense, tell me and I'll make a video

This is very helpful! I only ever wear makeup for fancy things, but I still need to learn how to do it properly. I don't have a concealer, would doing the triangle with just foundation then brushing lightly with powder work? I've basically been doing a light layer of foundation all over, with it more concentrated in the arc under my eyes. I should get some contouring stuff; the highlighting and shading I do on minis is basically the same thing.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

i googled tim tam

is there any american here that has had them and can compare them for me

It's chocolate cream type stuff, sandwiched between two chocolate biscuits, covered in chocolate. They come in many different flavour combos, from double thickness choc layers to white chocolate to the new 'celebrity chef' ones with salted caramel.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Schmetterling posted:

It's chocolate cream type stuff, sandwiched between two chocolate biscuits, covered in chocolate. They come in many different flavour combos, from double thickness choc layers to white chocolate to the new 'celebrity chef' ones with salted caramel.

yall got different words for poo poo than we do

for example, here you have biscuits with like, chicken or soup

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

hey ladies thread, I am from the man thread and I have a question.

Why do internet people think Benedict Cumbersnatch looks hot? He is legit the ugliest man I've seen who doesn't have straight up deformities.

EDIT- Oh its Cumberbatch LOL also ugliest i've seen is a bit of hyperbole but he is an ugg

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Fetus Tree posted:

we do use the word cookies here but it's pretty much limited to round biscuits with chocolate chips in them

portals one day i will bring you australian food even if i have to kayak across the ocean to get it past customs

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Man Whore posted:

hey ladies thread, I am from the man thread and I have a question.

Why do internet people think Benedict Cumbersnatch looks hot? He is legit the ugliest man I've seen who doesn't have straight up deformities.

I dunno, maybe the accent? American ladies seem to like fancy posh accents I think.

Fetus Tree posted:

Fine, cookies.

Your biscuits are just plain, right?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Man Whore posted:

i have no answers, i think he's hideous

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Avshalom posted:

we do use the word cookies here but it's pretty much limited to round biscuits with chocolate chips in them

portals one day i will bring you australian food even if i have to kayak across the ocean to get it past customs

You can just post it. I sent my secret santas chocolates, and they got to the US fine.

Sending a pav might be harder though

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
one of my vaghaving friends was telling me about some subreddit called cumberbitches where i guess women on the internet drool over him :shrug:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Fetus Tree posted:

The Tim tam biscuit is basically chocolate graham type stuff. I maintain the Griffins Chit Chat is the superior chocolate cream biscuit but you can only get those in NZ.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

one of my vaghaving friends was telling me about some subreddit called cumberbitches where i guess women on the internet drool over him :shrug:

Probably part of it is the community aspect. Having friends who like what you like encourages you to act even more strongly towards your mutual object of affection, to give you an even closer tie to the group. See bronies gradually getting worse over time.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

cummerbund is a weird looking dude

Schmetterling posted:

Fine, cookies.

Your biscuits are just plain, right?

american biscuits are basically fluffy buttery scone-like things

Avshalom posted:

that would be awesome and I would have to give you non-crummy american things in return. do you guys have chocolate oranges?

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Portals posted:

cummerbund is a weird looking dude

american biscuits are basically fluffy buttery scone-like things

that would be awesome

Ooh scone-ish. I was imagining something like large chunks of shortbread.

You wouldn't download a pizza.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Shithouse Dave posted:

The Tim tam biscuit is basically chocolate graham type stuff. I maintain the Griffins Chit Chat is the superior chocolate cream biscuit but you can only get those in NZ.
nz confectionery is on a whole different tier to australia actually. i'm pleased to announce that whittakers chocolate is slowly but surely making its way across the strait, but a lot of other stuff is still trapped over there where i can't get to it

Schmetterling posted:

You can just post it. I sent my secret santas chocolates, and they got to the US fine.
no that's too easy

(portals as soon as i'm getting a reliable paycheque you are going to experience timtams so help me god)

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Schmetterling posted:

You wouldn't download a pizza.

i cant tell you how often i wish i could get food from piratebay

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Avshalom posted:

US and Canada bio security is way loving lax, they give no fucks about chocolate, candy and snacky things. I was surprised at how few biosecurityfucks they gave.

Yeah, yank biscuits are almost scones, but not quite. They're a little butterier than scones, and kind of breadier whereas scones are tender.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Avshalom posted:

nz confectionery is on a whole different tier to australia actually. i'm pleased to announce that whittakers chocolate is slowly but surely making its way across the strait, but a lot of other stuff is still trapped over there where i can't get to it

no that's too easy

(portals as soon as i'm getting a reliable paycheque you are going to experience timtams so help me god)

Enlist a helpful dolphin! Or a shark. Get the sharks away from Oz so the govt doesnt shoot them all.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i bet pick is reading this and just shuddering

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Shithouse Dave posted:

Yeah, yank biscuits are almost scones, but not quite. They're a little butterier than scones, and kind of breadier whereas scones are tender.

theres also a lot of variety in biscuits too imo

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

nah she's all wiped out from convention stuff

ooh I could send you weird asian/mexican import candies

with extra cheese
Oct 27, 2010

Shithouse Dave posted:

US and Canada bio security is way loving lax, they give no fucks about chocolate, candy and snacky things. I was surprised at how few biosecurityfucks they gave.

Until you try to drive Kinder Surprise over the border and all of a sudden you're smuggling illegal cargo

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

theres also a lot of variety in biscuits too imo

Oh, there are endless permutations of scone. Sweet, savoury, pinwheel. I like green onion and cheese with a lil smoked paprika myself. The trick to a good scone is to freeze your butter and grate it so you don't work the flour rubbing it in.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Avshalom posted:

Send her a box labelled "cute bugs". That secretly contains TimTams :devil:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

with extra cheese posted:

Until you try to drive Kinder Surprise over the border and all of a sudden you're smuggling illegal cargo

Really? Is it verboten in the US? I've definitely had kinder eggs in BC.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Shithouse Dave posted:

Oh, there are endless permutations of scone. Sweet, savoury, pinwheel. I like green onion and cheese with a lil smoked paprika myself. The trick to a good scone is to freeze your butter and grate it so you don't work the flour rubbing it in.

this is an awesome trick

does the butter just go to room temperature pretty quickly or how does this work

Shithouse Dave posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise#Prohibition_on_sale_or_import_into_the_United_States

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Shithouse Dave posted:

kinder eggs will kill your baby

Shithouse Dave posted:

:aaaaa: I need to somehow lock this in my brain

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Portals posted:

:aaaaa: I need to somehow lock this in my brain

yeah im stealing the gently caress out of this and everybody will think im genius

ofc the odds are they all do this already and ill look like a retard

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

this is an awesome trick

does the butter just go to room temperature pretty quickly or how does this work

You want to keep it as cold as possible before you get it in the oven for the baking powder to have best effect, and the frozen butter and cold milk help with that. The grated butter just melts really fast into the surrounding flour and stuff. Another thing to remember is to mix and knead only until it comes together, you're not trying to work the gluten out like with bread.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
at work yesterday i tracked down the contact details for the marketing director of kinder surprise in australia :getin:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
sorry i been oott i still havent gotten over not reading everything before i post because OH GOD WHAT IF SOMEONE ASKED ME A QUESTION OR SAID SOMETHING TO ME AND I DONT RESPOND TO THEM THATS SO ROOOOOOOOOOOOD

but hello ladypals :3:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Avshalom posted:

at work yesterday i tracked down the contact details for the marketing director of kinder surprise in australia :getin:

blackmail them for chocolate

and post in gbs auspol all the time imo

i yelled at xylojw for banning you on purim and called him an antisemite

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Fruity Gordo posted:

blackmail them for chocolate

and post in gbs auspol all the time imo

i yelled at xylojw for banning you on purim and called him an antisemite
you did??

:3:

that's so nice of you! i hope you didn't get in trouble

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
and welcome back! we've missed youuuuu

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Someone is setting off ALL THE FIREWORKS

it lasted twenty seconds and now they're done.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Schmetterling posted:

Someone is setting off ALL THE FIREWORKS

it lasted twenty seconds and now they're done.

tis usually how my fireworks go off too

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Fruity Gordo posted:

sorry i been oott i still havent gotten over not reading everything before i post because OH GOD WHAT IF SOMEONE ASKED ME A QUESTION OR SAID SOMETHING TO ME AND I DONT RESPOND TO THEM THATS SO ROOOOOOOOOOOOD

but hello ladypals :3:

I asked you one hundred questions and you didn't reply to any of them

Portals posted:

I was following you up until here:

by "when applying foundation" do you mean in addition to the stuff under my eyes? I sort of don't do that, like, at all

uggh makeup is so complicated, I don't want to have poo poo all over my face

also I think the eyeshadow I just got is irritating my eyes because they've been bloodshot for like a week straight

Oh, okay yeah. It's going to be harder to blend concealer in with regular skin, but it can be done. Basically try the stippling, with a finger or a paint brush or a sponge, I don't care what, and experiment with how much actually covers the bags/how much you can wear and blend in with your (annoyingly youthful) skin, a large part of Being Good With Makeups is just experimenting and practice. You might need a different concealer, there are a lot of them out there that simply don't cover hardcore under eye circles

Oh poo poo your 20 there's time to help you
WEAR SUNSCREEN EVERY loving DAY ON YOUR FACE
I AM NOT KIDDING
at least wear it in the summer esp when out in the sun
the illusion of immortality will last longer

Globo-Hitler III posted:

i've come to accept the fact that I, as a male, am only good for lifting heavy things, opening jars, and ejaculating

there must be more to life than this

*looks to skies and sees a cloudy Gerard Butler smiling down*

Put makeup on the goatsm, take pictures

Schmetterling posted:

This is very helpful! I only ever wear makeup for fancy things, but I still need to learn how to do it properly. I don't have a concealer, would doing the triangle with just foundation then brushing lightly with powder work? I've basically been doing a light layer of foundation all over, with it more concentrated in the arc under my eyes. I should get some contouring stuff; the highlighting and shading I do on minis is basically the same thing.

Thicker foundation can work, it depends on the 'severity' of whatever you're trying to cover and how buildable your foundation is. If it's working for you, don't second-guess it.

contouring is fun, it's like 'watch me make my face look like it belongs on the body of someone 20 pounds thinner' and BAM

I've been slowly adding quotes to this for like an hour and I can tell I'm getting drunk

edit

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Fabulist posted:

I've been slowly adding quotes to this for like an hour and I can tell I'm getting drunk
drunk on ladyposts

high on life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Posting on page 1337

Video Games

• Locked thread