Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Barisha red card again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Never a red. Clearly got to the ball, made contact ages before and had his foot bounce off the top. Thats now 2 reds in a row that were utter bullshit.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
And there is a clear straight red given as a yellow.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's really unfortunate, definitely got on the ball.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Somebody needs to tell the refs to stop trying to fix the league because the roar have already won.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"he got his body shape all wrong"

Man made of jelly, update at 10

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Miller has to be gone at the end of the season, he is complete garbage.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

Miller has to be gone at the end of the season, he is complete garbage.

He's real bad, op

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Tricky Ricky strikes again.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ha, that was nice counter attacking

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Teams seem completely unable to stop the roar when they go down to 10 men. :unsmith:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I only saw bits of this game, but gently caress it was funny watching Brisbane score their equalizer. In the close up replay you can see Engelaar just completely give up and stop moving

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I only just saw the highlights of the game, but how is anyone defending Berisha's tackle? It was an obvious red - dangerous, rash and connected heavily with the player. It's irrelevant if he touched the ball first as he was clearly reckless and using excessive force (from the Interpretations of the Laws):

“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the
danger to, or consequences for, his opponent.
• A player who plays in a reckless manner must be cautioned
“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.
• A player who uses excessive force must be sent off

He should have been able to foresee that lunging in like that had a decent chance of going wrong, as it evidently did even when he connected with the ball.

Plus it's just plain funny watching him sook out and cry and roll around on the field like a big baby.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

iajanus posted:

I only just saw the highlights of the game, but how is anyone defending Berisha's tackle?

It's real easy. Just put orange eyepatches over both eyes and voila you turn into Byolante.

You can't dive in on the keeper and get your studs in his face after the keeper has his hands on the ball. World's most obvious red card right there.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Thel posted:

It's real easy. Just put orange eyepatches over both eyes and voila you turn into Byolante.

You can't dive in on the keeper and get your studs in his face after the keeper has his hands on the ball. World's most obvious red card right there.

Were you watching a different game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW0IxYoqUWs

Thats the challenge. The keeper in no way 'has hands on the ball' before berisha gets a foot to it. Should we just ban players from trying to kick a ball within 2 yards of the keeper in future or something?

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Byolante posted:

Were you watching a different game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW0IxYoqUWs

Thats the challenge. The keeper in no way 'has hands on the ball' before berisha gets a foot to it. Should we just ban players from trying to kick a ball within 2 yards of the keeper in future or something?

You didn't read what I said. The keeper has his hands on the ball before Berisha gets his foot in the keeper's face. I didn't say anything about Berisha making contact with the ball, only with the keeper.

And yes he did make contact with the ball. Doesn't change the fact he stuck his boot into the keeper.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Thel posted:

You didn't read what I said. The keeper has his hands on the ball before Berisha gets his foot in the keeper's face. I didn't say anything about Berisha making contact with the ball, only with the keeper.

And yes he did make contact with the ball. Doesn't change the fact he stuck his boot into the keeper.

So what do you propose? If the keeper shouts mine then you aren't allowed to attack the ball anymore?

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Never a red, Berisha only had eyes for the ball. I think that his reputation is starting to precede him.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Byolante posted:

So what do you propose? If the keeper shouts mine then you aren't allowed to attack the ball anymore?

No, just that sliding into the keeper studs-first like Berisha did be a red card.

Mustafa posted:

Never a red, Berisha only had eyes for the ball. I think that his reputation is starting to precede him.

The referee needs to judge results as well as intent, with considerably more weight toward the former. And, direct from the I&G: "A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as
serious foul play." And if you think a player getting their studs in the face of a keeper doesn't endanger the safety of the keeper, then I sincerely hope I never play a game in goal where you're refereeing.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Thel posted:

No, just that sliding into the keeper studs-first like Berisha did be a red card.

The referee needs to judge results as well as intent, with considerably more weight toward the former. And, direct from the I&G: "A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as
serious foul play." And if you think a player getting their studs in the face of a keeper doesn't endanger the safety of the keeper, then I sincerely hope I never play a game in goal where you're refereeing.

So you are saying if the keeper shouts mine you can't challenge for the ball then. Good, now we have cleared that up can you kindly go back to the dutch league or something. Its also not a tackle because the keeper was not in possession of the ball when berisha kicked it. Maybe he should try a different method of claiming a loose ball he gently caress up his positioning on other than going in face first.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

You're right, it's the keepers fault for going in face first into the studs of berisha. In no way should berisha be held accountable for going in with his foot cocked and extremely likely to hit the keeper whether or not he hit the ball.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

You're right, it's the keepers fault for going in face first into the studs of berisha. In no way should berisha be held accountable for going in with his foot cocked and extremely likely to hit the keeper whether or not he hit the ball.

Airswinging a toepoke is now going in on the keeper with intent?

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
It was a 50/50 challenge and Berisha was in control of the ball, he was going for goal and not looking to make contact. Hopefully he'll be vindicated on appeal. If it was such a dangerous challenge how come Velaphi bounced right back up afterwards? That doesn't seem like excessive force to me.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Exclusive footage of the most dangerous challenge in the history of football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0IGvPzu7no

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Airswinging a toepoke is now going in on the keeper with intent?

Toepoking with your studs up :downsbravo:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Toepoking with your studs up :downsbravo:

Have you actually watched the video I linked? He goes to toepoke, the ball is slightly too far forwards so his foot swings up behind the ball and as his weight goes down his foot lands on the ball and bounces back up.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Have you actually watched the video I linked? He goes to toepoke, the ball is slightly too far forwards so his foot swings up behind the ball and as his weight goes down his foot lands on the ball and bounces back up.

Do you read your posts when typing them? You've literally described the problem. It doesn't matter what his original intention was, he hosed up and connected with both the ball and the goalie with his studs. That's the foul and the card. If he'd hit the ball toes first it'd be a different story. The law doesn't care about intention, it was reckless and deserved of a card.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Do you read your posts when typing them? You've literally described the problem. It doesn't matter what his original intention was, he hosed up and connected with both the ball and the goalie with his studs. That's the foul and the card. If he'd hit the ball toes first it'd be a different story. The law doesn't care about intention, it was reckless and deserved of a card.

So what you are arguing is that if he connected with the initial kick then it wouldn't be a foul so the actual play wasn't reckless or likely to cause injury? If I aim to scythe down an opponent and break his ankle with a scissor but he jumps and avoids it I didn't actually do something card worthy because in the end I didn't connect?

On the other hand I wonder how much of the ball being slighty too far away had to do with the heart player dragging on his arm as he ran onto the ball.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
If there's one thing I could drill into every single player, spectator, coach, or person who has even the most passing interest in the game, it would be teaching people that it doesn't matter whether or not a player got the ball in a dangerous tackle. I'm not saying that's the case here, or necessarily with people discussing reds and fouls on this forum, but it shits me to see it at all levels of media and supporters that people couldn't possibly have performed a reckless or dangerous play because they were lucky enough to touch a part of the ball.

For me, it is absolutely a red card because ultimately it was an extremely dangerous tackle, even though I can see that it was an accident. We give reds and yellows all the time for mis-timed challenges, or penalties in the box for accidental handballs, why not punish accidental dangerous play?

Again, I'm not saying that Berisha should have been let off because he got the ball (or even implying that anyone here is saying that), but I honestly can't believe anyone could see that tackle and expect a yellow. Dude got face-studded.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Oooof what a time for a winner. Loverly move for that too.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Kosta is the most offside player I think I've ever seen

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

oh for fucks sake

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Bogan Krkic posted:

Kosta is the most offside player I think I've ever seen

surely Archie Thompson?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Adnar posted:

surely Archie Thompson?

You'd think that but Barbarouses is so so so much worse somehow!

e. lovely loving goal for Nabbout there, great finish, even better pass to put him through. I love Finkler so much

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Uhhhh apparently it was Troisi not Nabbout that scored and now I'm really confused

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
RACIST

All white guys look the same

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Interestingly Santalab was booed quite harshly by the Mariners members when he was subbed on.

Given the makeup of said members and the central coast in general I found this quite surprising and heartening.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Right after two NRL Rugby games and a replay of the World Championship of Ping Pong is this week Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 with Newcastle Jets taking on Perth Glory starting at 4am est/3am cst/1am pst.

roarcelona
Feb 13, 2012

Laughing at Sydney FC
Forever and Ever
God that Wellington Adelaide game was poo.

Looking forward to cracking out some gloating at Parra next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Let us all laugh at the jest.

• Locked thread