Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Eh, never mind. Not a big deal.

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Lootification and the Creation Kit are both trying to load Unofficial Dawnguard Patch before Unofficial Skyrim Patch, which causes them to close. BOSS is mandatory for the first, and it's intentionally setting USKP towards the bottom. What should I do?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hog Butcher posted:

Lootification and the Creation Kit are both trying to load Unofficial Dawnguard Patch before Unofficial Skyrim Patch, which causes them to close. BOSS is mandatory for the first, and it's intentionally setting USKP towards the bottom. What should I do?

Open the Boss GUI and set a user rule.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Hog Butcher posted:

Are you using boss 2.2.0? For some reason old versions starting going crazy. Also if you are using MO you must launch them through that. Also you can disable BOSS in all skyproc patchers by adding -NOBOSS to its command line.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

LtSmash posted:

In theory the CK will clean up references to deleted actors. But you have to leave the Player and probably the race templates and chargen presets. Also the main quest would break to hell and you would probably sit in a spinning cart forever when you started. Quests would probably start when you enter areas but never progress, and lots of areas would be inaccessible because the npc that should have the key doesn't exist and such.

Well obviously it would break the game all to hell. I was only thinking in terms of what axolotl farmer asked for. You could always unlock doors with the console, and you could probably circumvent the broken intro by coc-ing somewhere from the main menu or just loading a save somewhere else. As for quests, I think there's also a console command to instantly complete every quest, so that might fix that issue, but apparently that command can also crash the game.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Lootification doesn't seem to be what I should be using for this. Right now I'm trying to insert randomly non-levelled gear on everyone to make it significant more enjoyable to rifle through people's pockets and get more diversity in what people are running around wearing.

I was going to just hijack the levelled lists for poor/rich/average citizens and dump loads of random gear in that, but setting that up seems like it would take quite a long time.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Praetorian Mage posted:

You can use the console to turn off the AI so that nothing will talk to you or attack you, but I don't know of anything that can remove all the actors aside from clicking on them one by one and typing "disable". There's the "killallactors" command, but that would still leave a bunch of dead bodies and probably even more essential NPCs stumbling around. Enemies in a dungeon technically don't exist until you enter, so it's theoretically possible to prevent them from spawning, but I don't know of a mod that does that.

If just turning off the AI is good enough, the commands for that are "tai" for non-combat stuff and "tcai" for combat stuff.

I remember someone else asking for something similar a while back, although he had different reasons; I think it was something about using the terrain for some kind of simulation or something. I'm actually curious how difficult it would be to make a mod that does nothing other than remove every actor in the game. It sounds simple in concept, but my guess is that it would involve opening every cell in the CK and manually removing all spawn points or something, which would be easy but incredibly tedious. I wonder if it could be as easy as just opening the CK and deleting everything in the Actors section, then taping your Enter key down for however long it takes to answer "yes" to all the confirmation messages.
You can bulk edit references in the CK by type, so you'd just need to turn every Actor reference into a potato.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hog Butcher posted:

Lootification doesn't seem to be what I should be using for this. Right now I'm trying to insert randomly non-levelled gear on everyone to make it significant more enjoyable to rifle through people's pockets and get more diversity in what people are running around wearing.

I was going to just hijack the levelled lists for poor/rich/average citizens and dump loads of random gear in that, but setting that up seems like it would take quite a long time.

That's exactly what it does. You have to have entries in your lootification.xml or your custom.xml for whatever mods you're using for lootification to do anything with them. It comes packaged with settings for many popular mods, and I've lootified several additional popular mods. Click the ? Under my name to see my posts in this thread, they're in there.

In addition, you'll probably need to respawn things by going to a secluded interior and letting 31 days pass.

Leshy
Jun 21, 2004

Edit: Right, as I spent over an hour fiddling with this, trying to get it to work and making the post below, I think I just managed to fix it. I copied the contents of the SkyrimPrefs.ini in the My Documents folder into the SkyrimPrefs.ini in Mod Organizer, and that seems to have fixed everything. Even though I'm pretty drat certain I made the exact same edits in both files.

Leaving this here in case someone else runs into this and finds this.

Me, 5 minutes ago posted:

I have the weirdest issue, and Googling it hasn't turned up anything. Basically, ENB and Mod Organizer refuse to play nicely at all together.

I'd like to go with the Seasons of Skyrim ENB, so I've installed the v0.236 ENB binary, the Seasons of Skyrim files, edited the proper .ini and did everything as instructed. If I launch Skyrim through either TESV.exe or skske_loader.exe, everything is perfectly fine. The ENB works great, I can toggle it off and on, there's no graphical glitches and it works perfectly.

However, if I launch Skyrim through Mod Organizer? Objects on the loading screen don't appear and when the game loads, the entire screen starts artifacting like it's being drawn by an angry ADHD-afflicted toddler with crayons rather than an actual graphics card and Skyrim subsequently crashes after a few seconds. It's fine if I turn off the ENB with Shift-F12 during the loading screen.

I have edited the SkyrimPrefs.ini through Mod Organizer as well and I've even tried disabling all mods that MO is loading, but the end result is the same. Not using Mod Organizer? No problems, but no mods. Launching through Mod Organizer? Mods, but ENB blows up in disco style.

Leshy fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Mar 29, 2014

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'm having a weird ENB issue, i'm using Project ENB. When looking at certain places in the world, seemingly totally random, with or without mods that alter the area my FPS drops to 1 with ENB installed. If i look like 5 degrees to the left or right of the problem area, the FPS returns to normal and if i disable ENB (as in move the files to a different folder) there are no issues. Anyone ran into something like that before?

Also unrelated to that, why does the ENB autism guy hate the nexus so much?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Dongattack posted:

I'm having a weird ENB issue, i'm using Project ENB. When looking at certain places in the world, seemingly totally random, with or without mods that alter the area my FPS drops to 1 with ENB installed. If i look like 5 degrees to the left or right of the problem area, the FPS returns to normal and if i disable ENB (as in move the files to a different folder) there are no issues. Anyone ran into something like that before?

Also unrelated to that, why does the ENB autism guy hate the nexus so much?

I have the same thing! Whenever I look at wells, my FPs drop like a brick. Especially in Riften and in Whiterun this is noticeable. Once I look away from the well, the FPS shoots back up. It's weird.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Deltasquid posted:

I have the same thing! Whenever I look at wells, my FPs drop like a brick. Especially in Riften and in Whiterun this is noticeable. Once I look away from the well, the FPS shoots back up. It's weird.

I don't think it's related to wells in my case (there are no wells in some of the problem spots), i have had that problem in the past tho in the exact same area.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Did you guys set the appropriate value for VideoSizeReserved in the enblocal.ini file?

What I mean is that if there's a line in that config file that's got v+2048 in it, then you need to set it to an appropriate value for your video card.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Scyantific posted:

Did you guys set the appropriate value for VideoSizeReserved in the enblocal.ini file?

What I mean is that if there's a line in that config file that's got v+2048 in it, then you need to set it to an appropriate value for your video card.

Is VRAM + RAM - 2048 the correct calculation?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dongattack posted:

Is VRAM + RAM - 2048 the correct calculation?

Yeah, I believe. Basically if you've got that in your enblocal.ini file then chances are that's what's affecting your fps. Set it to an appropriate value and see if that relieves the issue.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Are there any decent mods that add spears yet? I'd prefer 1-handed spears, but 2-handed would be OK too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Genuine spear weapons with genuine spear animations, no. PrivateEye's Heavy Armory adds in spear weapons, but they follow the Sword/Greatsword animations.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I really wish someone in Bethesda would 'accidentally' leak the source files for whatever they were using in the GameJam video. Even if it was only half-finished it would be *something.*

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Yeah, it was pretty awesome when they actually started incorporating the stuff in the video, don't know why they stopped because everyone was loving it.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Davoren posted:

Yeah, it was pretty awesome when they actually started incorporating the stuff in the video, don't know why they stopped because everyone was loving it.

Don't want to fanboy too hard but I bet it had something to do with poor Xbox DLC reviews and sales poisoning the well for PC and an already rabidly angry PS playerbase. Bethesda should have never let MS buy that "early access." No sense making more DLC if it's going to be received poorly, because the system in question can barely run it.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 29, 2014

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Scyantific posted:

Yeah, I believe. Basically if you've got that in your enblocal.ini file then chances are that's what's affecting your fps. Set it to an appropriate value and see if that relieves the issue.

After a quick 15 minute test it seems like this fixed it, thanks! Last install it never seemed to do anything to set that to the appropriate value, but this time i'm actually running at a smooth 60fps even with HD textures this go around, pretty spiffy.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Is there a mod that lets you auto noclip through followers? I picked a mudcrab as my pet for that SPERG perk and he just loves to hunker down smack in the middle of every door frame ever and it's driving me crazy constantly having to open the console or sprint at him until he decides to move out of the way. I loath going into single door rooms or even just inside in general.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cheap Shot posted:

Is there a mod that lets you auto noclip through followers? I picked a mudcrab as my pet for that SPERG perk and he just loves to hunker down smack in the middle of every door frame ever and it's driving me crazy constantly having to open the console or sprint at him until he decides to move out of the way. I loath going into single door rooms or even just inside in general.

It tweaks them in a whole bunch of ways so it might be more than you want, but Amazing Follower Tweaks will teleport your followers behind you if you are running into them and unsheathe your weapon which is supposed to be just for that purpose. It'll also 'port them right to your side if they get lost trying to follow you up a mountain or something too. I'm not positive that it works with the SPERG best friend perk since I haven't tried that option out yet.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15524/

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
When a mod adds a bunch of .esps and bloats up the load order, can you make a merged or bashed patch that condenses them into one single .esp? I'm trying to cut load order bloat.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Capn Beeb posted:

When a mod adds a bunch of .esps and bloats up the load order, can you make a merged or bashed patch that condenses them into one single .esp? I'm trying to cut load order bloat.

That's not what a merged or bashed patch does. But its possible to combine several plugins into a single one with tesedit but unless you are running into the 255 file limit there is no reason to. Also depending on what the mod does its possible to break stuff when combining plugins and tesedit used to have some issues with copying some kinds of records if they had scripts attached I think.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Ahh, alright then, disregard :)

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

The Mad Archivist posted:

Don't want to fanboy too hard but I bet it had something to do with poor Xbox DLC reviews and sales poisoning the well for PC and an already rabidly angry PS playerbase. Bethesda should have never let MS buy that "early access." No sense making more DLC if it's going to be received poorly, because the system in question can barely run it.

Bethesda could probably do pretty well just releasing bulk content for modders as cheap PC-only releases. Meshes, textures, animations, etc. If the assets are finished but not utilized, why not?

LtSmash posted:

That's not what a merged or bashed patch does. But its possible to combine several plugins into a single one with tesedit but unless you are running into the 255 file limit there is no reason to. Also depending on what the mod does its possible to break stuff when combining plugins and tesedit used to have some issues with copying some kinds of records if they had scripts attached I think.

Are there any decent tutorials that cover this? I've been considering it lately, since I'm getting close to 255.

Oddly, even though I'm running a really stable game with so many mods, Skyrim's made me a more disciplined modder because of the need to stick with mods for good, and thus consider them carefully before adding them. So much that, when playing Oblivion, I'm super apprehensive about adding script-heavy mods, even though the same problem didn't exist in Oblivion. Though, even with added discipline, my Oblivion game is nowhere near as stable.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 30, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

The Mad Archivist posted:

I really wish someone in Bethesda would 'accidentally' leak the source files for whatever they were using in the GameJam video. Even if it was only half-finished it would be *something.*
Getting our hands on the spear model and animation files used in the GameJam video would be kinda useless without an engine update to support spears. The problem is that while modders can overwrite existing animations and call new animation via scripts or console commands, we can't create new animation types. That's hardcoded engine stuff.
And adding spears as a completely new weapon type with its own skill, perk tree and whatnot, would require even more fiddling with the engine. Not to mention modifying the perk menu interface, which is more likely to result in suicides then results.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 30, 2014

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Raygereio posted:

Getting our hands on the spear model and animation files used in the GameJam video would be kinda useless without an engine update to support spears. The problem is that while modders can overwrite existing animations and call new animation via scripts or console commands, we can't create new animation types. That's hardcoded engine stuff.
And adding spears as a completely new weapon type with its own skill, perk tree and whatnot, would requires even more fiddling with the engine. Not to mention modifying the perk menu interface, which is more likely to result in suicides then results.
You wouldn't need a new perk tree for spears, just a few new perks and update some of the existing ones. Unless you're planning on implementing spears which are neither one-handed nor two-handed :awesome:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
What is this GameJam thing about which everyone is referring? Google isn't helping me (or I'm just doing a terrible job searching).

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

Ynglaur posted:

What is this GameJam thing about which everyone is referring? Google isn't helping me (or I'm just doing a terrible job searching).

Here you go, enjoy some of the things that could have been: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGIgXeGC6Dg

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Raygereio posted:

And adding spears as a completely new weapon type with its own skill, perk tree and whatnot, would require even more fiddling with the engine. Not to mention modifying the perk menu interface, which is more likely to result in suicides then results.

I want to believe, man. A wise Jeff Goldblum once said, "Life... finds a way."

Anyway, someone just did this - if you make or use followers and run Extensible Follower Framework, you might just die straight away from pure joy, because it means you now have 33 more voicetypes to work with. Me, I might die from pure joy or sheer exhaustion, as that means thirty-three more voicetypes I could add FCO commentary to. :supaburn:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Nycticeius posted:

Here you go, enjoy some of the things that could have been: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGIgXeGC6Dg

Here's a version where the music isn't messed up (way better this way) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PedZazWQ48

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Here's a version where the music isn't messed up (way better this way)

Ahaha, the mudcrabs!

I really like the idea of spell combinations too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dongattack posted:

Deltasquid posted:

For me this was happening due to certain particle effects. Turning my AA down in the launcher worked like a charm for me. I was having crazy stutter and low FPS whenever looking at fire pits in particular.

Here's a good tracker for what's been implemented from the Game Jam:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Game_Jam

Several of the unimplemented ones have mods.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 31, 2014

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Having gotten a brand new computer with obscene specs, I now am in the mood to run it through its paces. I've run through the list on the OP, but I'm curious if there is any other mods that haven't been updated to it since.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

sticklefifer posted:

Here's a good tracker for what's been implemented from the Game Jam:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Game_Jam

Several of the unimplemented ones have mods.

They also say "Riekling spears" is an implementation, which is a load. Adding something spear-shaped that is named spears isn't implementing spears. :what:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I made a thing because I was bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGV3hB8dYDU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Scyantific posted:

Forgive my tech 101 question, but how do I figure out both my RAM and VRAM needed for this calculation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

Deltasquid posted:

Forgive my tech 101 question, but how do I figure out both my RAM and VRAM needed for this calculation?
It's a little variable depending on your OS and its settings, but the fastest way in Windows 7: Control Panel → System & Security → System (RAM) → Device Manager → Displayer Adapter (video card). You probably need to look up your video card's VRAM with a quick Google search, and there's probably also some other way of checking it, but that should take about 10 seconds or less.

• Locked thread