Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

Ive been meaning to grab civ 5 but then always end up playing galciv2 when the urge strikes me

That sounds like it's in space. Is it in space?

Are there belugas? Space whales. Whoooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

I'm being Babylon for those cool science gains, so that I might eventually end up in space. The moon belongs to Babylon.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Schmetterling posted:

That's tomato juice and vodka essentially right? I had some at a cocktail class and it was a bit weird. One night when we were already pissed I made my bf a ghetto Bloody Mary using diluted tomato sauce and chilli flakes. And imitation vodka :D he drank it. He is a good bf

A good bloody mary should also have fresh lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, horseradish, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting. I like em with so much horseradish I can practically chew it.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I have a spy who has killed like ten people so far. She is best spy. I am science queen.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Fabulist posted:

my buzz started to wear off so I took a nap
and I won't get impulse-drunk on whatever's in the garage for another 6-12 months
:ohdear: please don't drink anything with a skull or Mr. Yuck on it OK? Garages tend to have many bad things for drinking in them

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
This is my favorite childhood picture. I'm the one with the fro.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

A good bloody mary should also have fresh lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, horseradish, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting. I like em with so much horseradish I can practically chew it.

Oh I used Worcestershire sauce Etc.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Schmeichy posted:

I have almost identical childhood photos. But I am a girl with round hair, and my two brothers have blonde flat hair.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Schmeichy posted:

ha ha, aw :3:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
I stick a couple raw garlic cloves in my bloodies. Also blend nice canned tomatoes for that thick consistency.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

I looked like a boy :( all I wanted was beautiful long black straight hair like Princess Jasmine. I don't blame my mom, though, my hair is an uncontrollable beast to work with.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

At that point why not just make alcoholic tomato soup. Then you can dip bread in it.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Schmeichy posted:

I looked like a boy :( all I wanted was beautiful long black straight hair like Princess Jasmine. I don't blame my mom, though, my hair is an uncontrollable beast to work with.

Aww jasmine was my favourite too.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Schmeichy posted:

No way, you were adorable!

I wanted brown hair when I was a little kid because in books and movies blonde girls were mean and dumb.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Schmeichy posted:

I stick a couple raw garlic cloves in my bloodies. Also blend nice canned tomatoes for that thick consistency.

The great thing about bloody marys is that you can basically throw anything in there and have it be delicious. I had a sort of pan-Asian one once with wasabi, fish sauce, and sambal oelek and it was amazing.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

There were two boys at my high school who had magnificent blonde Afro manes. Like lions. :swoon: their Mum was way darker than they were, but had the same giant hair.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Best Tasting! posted:

No way, you were adorable!

I wanted brown hair when I was a little kid because in books and movies blonde girls were mean and dumb.

I wanted to be black when I was little, because I was incredibly jealous of the girls in my class who got to have cool braids and afros. I also really wanted to wear hairballs.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Schmeichy posted:

Also, you didn't look like a boy, cos I looked like that. I got told by old ladies that I looked like Shirley temple. And apparently I got very mad at them.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

Crow Jane posted:

The great thing about bloody marys is that you can basically throw anything in there and have it be delicious. I had a sort of pan-Asian one once with wasabi, fish sauce, and sambal oelek and it was amazing.

I horrified a waiter at Heavy Seas once by pouring oyster liquor into my bloody mary. They are the best breakfast drink.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Crow Jane posted:

Mexican Bloody Mary's with tequila, limes and chipotles are good too.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Schmetterling posted:

Also, you didn't look like a boy, cos I looked like that. I got told by old ladies that I looked like Shirley temple. And apparently I got very mad at them.

Old people loved and still love my hair. I did have a new neighbor girl my age ask if I was a boy or a girl though, so it was at least a little ambiguous.

Chernobyl Princess posted:

I horrified a waiter at Heavy Seas once by pouring oyster liquor into my bloody mary. They are the best breakfast drink.

Uh, that's a perfectly normal Bloody Caesar, man.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Are you in Baltimore? How many of us are there :psyduck:?

I haven't been to Heavy Seas, is it good?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Schmeichy posted:

You can never go wrong with garlic.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

Schmeichy posted:

Old people loved and still love my hair. I did have a new neighbor girl my age ask if I was a boy or a girl though, so it was at least a little ambiguous.

Uh, that's a perfectly normal Bloody Caesar, man.

He also told me my blue points were from Connecticut and the chesapeakes were from New York. He was not a good waiter, but he had a great mustache.

Crow Jane posted:

Are you in Baltimore? How many of us are there?

I haven't been to Heavy Seas, is it good?

I'm in the county now, but I lived in Mt. Vernon for a few years until some dudes got shot next door. Because, you know. Baltimore.

Heavy Seas is boss. Their food is good and their beers are also good. Just don't trust Mustache Man when it comes to their raw bar.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I had lamb for breakfast

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Does anyone know of a good lemur webcam? I want to watch some lemurs

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

He also told me my blue points were from Connecticut and the chesapeakes were from New York. He was not a good waiter, but he had a great mustache.

I'm in the county now, but I lived in Mt. Vernon for a few years until some dudes got shot next door. Because, you know. Baltimore.

Heavy Seas is boss. Their food is good and their beers are also good. Just don't trust Mustache Man when it comes to their raw bar.

I'll have to check it out, I love good pub food. Speaking of beer and Baltimore, did you hear Ozzy Osbourne sent The Brewer's Art a cease and desist order about their Ozzy ale? If I were him I'd be honored to have such a beer named after me.

Next time you're in the city, check out Chesapeake. I ate there last night, and the food and cocktails are so. good.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
my experience with pub food is really awful scampi that made me sick

dont eat fish from a pub

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I had a super greasy juicy burger at a bar once in terms of pub food. Was really good for like 5 bucks and I was drunk so it probably tasted better.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Dongicus posted:

my experience with pub food is really awful scampi that made me sick

dont eat fish from a pub

Not even fish and chips?

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Sister just rang to say they're putting Callie cat to sleep today. I'm not home because I'm fighting with my mum so I won't get to see her :(

Have a picture, she's super pretty.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Shannonmcn posted:

Sister just rang to say they're putting Callie cat to sleep today. I'm not home because I'm fighting with my mum so I won't get to see her :(

I am so, so sorry, Shannon :(

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Shannonmcn posted:

Oh Shannon, I'm so sorry. She is very pretty.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Shannonmcn posted:

Oh no, I'm sorry about Callie. I've seen you post about her a lot. She was a tough old broad, and I'm sure you gave her a great life. All cats go to heaven.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Shannonmcn posted:

Pets dying is the worst. In kitty heaven there will be lazy mice to chase and sunbeams that don't move. Or at least that's what I tell myself. :(

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

pouring one out for the callie cat :(

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Sorry to bring everyone down, bf is in the hospital with his sick Granny and I'd feel like a right tool phoning him to cry about a cat.

We've had her since I was 11, so almost 14 years and she is spoiled rotten. Its just horrible she has to go to the vet and couldn't stay at home. She hates car rides.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Shannonmcn posted:

Sorry to hear that Shannon.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Chickam is back! PEEEP PEEEP PEEEP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Shannon. :(

• Locked thread