Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Katana Gomai posted:

You have won six of the last ten championships you goober.

This. Lol how can anyone honestly point to the other championship winning teams and not notice a pattern of those teams falling off after their title wins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
That sure is a shot of people sitting on a bench before a match.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Dunban posted:

That sure is a shot of people sitting on a bench before a match.

Nah, it was five minutes after the final whistle.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sammer looks constipated.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

This. Lol how can anyone honestly point to the other championship winning teams and not notice a pattern of those teams falling off after their title wins?

You're right, other than Dortmund arguably, no other team has been able to consistently challenge us for the title in the last couple of years. Still, they did manage to grab the top spot for one season.

For the last ten years or so, Bayern have had a tendency to get complacent after one good season. All I'm saying is that I'm just glad we've finally gotten over that and are continuing to work hard despite winning the title.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Faber posted:

Nah, it was five minutes after the final whistle.

Nope, they weren't sitting down anymore by that point.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Dunban posted:

You're right, other than Dortmund arguably, no other team has been able to consistently challenge us for the title in the last couple of years. Still, they did manage to grab the top spot for one season.

For the last ten years or so, Bayern have had a tendency to get complacent after one good season. All I'm saying is that I'm just glad we've finally gotten over that and are continuing to work hard despite winning the title.

Look I get that you're glad you've made it but you're fighting a losing battle here.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Dunban posted:

Nope, they weren't sitting down anymore by that point.

They're still sitting there having grim faces and glaring on the pitch silently.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

Look I get that you're glad you've made it but you're fighting a losing battle here.

All I'm doing is stating the obvious. I'm happy that we've defended the title again after quite a while. Interpret my posts however you want.

Whatever. :shrug:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

I thought he was winning there tbh.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

All I'm doing is stating the obvious. I'm happy that we've defended the title again after quite a while. Interpret my posts however you want.

Whatever. :shrug:

Nah what I meant is that I don't want to poo poo on your parade but you probably won't get anyone to congratulate you who's not already a Bayern fan because we're all bitter cunts.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 25, 2014

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

Nah what I meant is that I don't want to poo poo on your parade but you probably won't get anyone to congratulate you who's not already a Bayern fan because welp :shrug:

I wasn't looking for anyone to congratulate me, don't worry. Obviously if you're not a Bayern fan you're free not to give a poo poo about it, that's totally fine.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

See my edit.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Dunban posted:

You should just take hard drugs instead of watch football, since you're used to the perpetual high. Once one stops working, just take the next one, and the next, until it eventually kills your rear end. At least you'll never feel disappointment or satisfaction.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
This is your brain. This is your brain on Bayern.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obJTg2m2fU8

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Lahm :parrot:

edit:

Honj Steak fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 25, 2014

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Just found out that this season's Meisterschaft is only the 8th title without Uli Hoeneß as player, manager or president.
He was active during all other 53 titles.

loving lol

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
It's only the third Meisterschaft where he wasn't present for the winning game as well. The other two times were 1932 and 1969.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Who gives a poo poo about your dick club, Leverkusen and Nürnberg won!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Cleary there are truly dark times ahead for Bayern without Hoeneß. Prepare yourself and stay strong, Dunban.

Katana Gomai posted:

Hell yeah! :hfive:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

So which of you German/Euro goons are signing up for the Paulaner Cup? We'll get a forums army to vote you into the squad :getin:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I recently found out that this still exists:

http://www.antibayern.de

Bayern-Morphing :allears:

Even back then they said the same things about Bayern. :v:

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Katana Gomai posted:

JOSIP DRMIC FUßBALL GOTT

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
WTF BVB? This is terrible defending. Stop making Stuttgart look like champions.

Intelligibility
Apr 8, 2011

Get shovel!
Salihovic just scored a really nice freekick.

Also, rip Thiago.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I hate Dortmund and Leverkusen wrrrrrr

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Reset Smith posted:

WTF BVB? This is terrible defending. Stop making Stuttgart look like champions.

Looking forward to Wednesday, when some combination of Durm/Großkreutz/unfit Pisczek will have to face Bale and Ronaldo. :suicide:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Diego Contento is loving dogshit and can't believe Pep let him kill the left flank for 90+ minutes

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Thiago probably out for 6 to 8 weeks. loving injury troubles this year, god dammit.

ephex posted:

Diego Contento is loving dogshit and can't believe Pep let him kill the left flank for 90+ minutes

Also this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
First time I bet on Bayern to win and this happens ffs

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

elbkaida posted:

Looking forward to Wednesday, when some combination of Durm/Großkreutz/unfit Pisczek will have to face Bale and Ronaldo. :suicide:

Don't forget last season Pisczek OWNED Cristiano Ronaldo in the Champions League. And Dortmund seem to play better when they are underdogs anyway. I am strangely, perversely, cautiously optimistic about facing Real Madrid.
Oh and thank god for Marco Reus, dropping points to Stuttgart at this stage would have been a disaster. And, I can't stand to see Putin's favorite club ahead of die Schwarzgelben in the table.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

Thiago probably out for 6 to 8 weeks. loving injury troubles this year, god dammit.

Yeah, we Bayern fans really have to endure a lot this season.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

ephex posted:

Bayern Munich are having constant tragedies, like a Bavarian Liverpool.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

We coped with it obviously, but we had some pretty serious injury woes in the first half of the season.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Who let the trolls out of their caves?

Jose posted:

Should have learned your lesson.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

ephex posted:

Between him and van Buyten the two of them probably put as much pressure on Starke as Hoffenheim did

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Jose posted:

Can you keep betting on them forever please?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Can someone explain to me the tragi-farce that is Leverkusen? Last time I looked at the table, they were either level with BVB or a point behind them, now they're fourth with barely a point above Wolfsburg. What happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

mackintosh posted:

Can someone explain to me the tragi-farce that is Leverkusen? Last time I looked at the table, they were either level with BVB or a point behind them, now they're fourth with barely a point above Wolfsburg. What happened?

They lost a bunch of games. :v:

• Locked thread