Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio Prune
Feb 19, 2010

How did I never know about this :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Just...wow. :stare:

I love the fake headlines in the video too, the font they use isn't even the same.

Thing is, the Truthers are correct on one thing, the wars fought in 9/11s name are bullshit and have wasted lives and money of many countries. But its less Bush planning for the attacks, but just using the situation to his advantage. If 9/11 had not happened, I'm sure Bush and his clown car of neocons would have found some reason to go into Iraq.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

twistedmentat posted:

If 9/11 had not happened, I'm sure Bush and his clown car of neocons would have found some reason to go into Iraq.

I've always felt it was the opposite. Up until 9/11, Bush was a complete nothing of a president. He spent half his time on holiday at his 'ranch' and the rest of the time he just seemed to be half-arsing it as much as he had done when his daddy gave him all those companies to run into the ground.

I got the impression that little Bush Jnr. was the first person in history to become president of the US just because it would look good on his resume. And because daddy told him to.

All the evil people under him, of course, had all their schemes and plans and, maybe if 9/11 had never happened, Cheney would have gone on to be president and I can't think beyond that because it's such an absolutely horrible thought.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

twistedmentat posted:

If 9/11 had not happened, I'm sure Bush and his clown car of neocons would have found some reason to go into Iraq.

Now I'm imagining the presidential limo shrunk to the size of an original Volkswagen and the entire Bush cabinet scrambling out.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gorilla Salad posted:

I've always felt it was the opposite. Up until 9/11, Bush was a complete nothing of a president. He spent half his time on holiday at his 'ranch' and the rest of the time he just seemed to be half-arsing it as much as he had done when his daddy gave him all those companies to run into the ground.

I got the impression that little Bush Jnr. was the first person in history to become president of the US just because it would look good on his resume. And because daddy told him to.

All the evil people under him, of course, had all their schemes and plans and, maybe if 9/11 had never happened, Cheney would have gone on to be president and I can't think beyond that because it's such an absolutely horrible thought.

Bush & co were making plans to invade Iraq basically the moment they got into office. They weren't really looking at Afghanistan but it's pretty clear we would have had war in Iraq sooner or later.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The saber rattling against Russia and China was also really disturbing.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Back in the early 90s I was in a hardcore-punk band that had this song called "Metaphysical Mama" about loving dead girls. Fast thrashy thing with a slight chilli-pepper eseque thing going on. Anyway about 3/4 through theres a section that breaks into the chorus of staying alive mostly for comedy effect. We played it in the campus bands competition and the loving judges flunked us for unoriginality "for copying the bee gees" (which was..... astonishing because it was a really strange sounding song).

Then they flunked Mutt (which went on to be one of the biggest bands in perth) for the same. And the band they praised for its originality played straight covers of Pearl Jam.

So they went into the semi-finals and where disqualified for being a cover band, and us and Mutt went on to actually get signed up on labels , vowing never to do campus bands again.

edit: whoops, not the thread I thought it was. Sorry about the off topic story. Half these references wont any sense here.

duck monster fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 23, 2014

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

By and large my favorite part of that video is the brief segment where you can see Alex Jones doing a slow-motion strut. If I had the knowledge I'd make an hour-long compilation video comprised of nothing but Alex Jones walking around in slow motion sucking in his gut and trying to look as masculine as possible.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

computer parts posted:

Bush & co were making plans to invade Iraq basically the moment they got into office. They weren't really looking at Afghanistan but it's pretty clear we would have had war in Iraq sooner or later.

Pretty much. And even if 9/11 didn't happen, something would. Oh it may not have been on US Soil or even a fraction of the devistation of 9/11, but something would have happened and Bush & Co would have used it as an excuse.

Ray and Shirley posted:

By and large my favorite part of that video is the brief segment where you can see Alex Jones doing a slow-motion strut. If I had the knowledge I'd make an hour-long compilation video comprised of nothing but Alex Jones walking around in slow motion sucking in his gut and trying to look as masculine as possible.

He needs to take some Man lessons of his bff Putin.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Pretty much. And even if 9/11 didn't happen, something would. Oh it may not have been on US Soil or even a fraction of the devistation of 9/11, but something would have happened and Bush & Co would have used it as an excuse.
It is really, really funny that you are doing this in a thread about how stupid conspiracy theories are.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Miss-Bomarc posted:

It is really, really funny that you are doing this in a thread about how stupid conspiracy theories are.

I really don't think it would be all that much of a leap. Everyone knows Bush was pining for a little rear end stomping in Iraq, he just needed a cause. It's almost inevitable the US would go in, event or no.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Still, it's funny that Bush took like 2 years after 9/11 to actually get into Iraq.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Install Windows posted:

Still, it's funny that Bush took like 2 years after 9/11 to actually get into Iraq.

It was more like a year and a half (at least from 9/11) and there was a CIA team put in back in July of 2002 to try to kill some supposed Al-Qaeda allies in Iraq.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Next time I'm at the dentist I have to remember to ask the hygienist if they have people freak out at them very often because she gave me a specific toothpaste and mouth rinse to use and they're both loaded with fluoride.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

I really don't think it would be all that much of a leap. Everyone knows Bush was pining for a little rear end stomping in Iraq, he just needed a cause.
Right, I guess that's why it took two years after September 2001 for the invasion to actually happen.

"Oh, but but but um but but that PROVES IT'S TRUE, if if if if if he went in right AWAY then we would KNOW, so so he so he he uh so so he uh he uh so he WAITED!"

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Right, I guess that's why it took two years after September 2001 for the invasion to actually happen.

"Oh, but but but um but but that PROVES IT'S TRUE, if if if if if he went in right AWAY then we would KNOW, so so he so he he uh so so he uh he uh so he WAITED!"

It took 1.5 years for actual troops to come in and The CIA was there less than a year after 9/11.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
lemme just repost an old post about the iraq war:

me posted:

quote:

I don't think it was all an oil-based plot. The invasion of Iraq ended up pissing off a lot of America's corrupt business-client states, particularly the Saudis. I think Bush and his people really believed that they were waging a crusade for democracy.

It was bush's job to sell the war to the people. It wasn't his decision to invade, and he actually had to be convinced (evidenced by Bush rejecting an earlier unilateral invasion suggested by cheney, rumsfeld et al and 'wait on it' strategy of Powell/Blair). The plan to go into Iraq was there from day one:

quote:

Walking through these documents makes it clear that the Bush Administration -- from Day One -- intended to invade Iraq at some point in their reign of terror. Here is a memo (PDF) dated January 23, 2001 outlining the "Origins of the Iraq Regime Change Policy". This was requested by Vice President-elect Dick Cheney before taking office, presumably as a way to justify policy formation around aggressive US efforts for "regime change" in Iraq.

Talking points for the Rumsfeld-Franks meeting on November 27, 2001, released through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), confirm that policy makers were already looking for ways to justify invading Iraq – as indicated by Rumsfeld’s first point, “Focus on WMD.”
This document shows that Pentagon policy makers cited early U.S. experience in Afghanistan to justify planning for Iraq’s post-invasion governance in order to achieve their strategic objectives: “Unlike in Afghanistan, important to have ideas in advance about who would rule afterwards.”

It could be argued that Iraq would've happened anyway if Gore had been elected.
The leading folks in the Democratic party like Gore, Clinton and Pelosi were all for bombing the poo poo out of iraq (and killing bundles of iraqi kids with sanctions) until the 2000 election campaign:

(taken from this terrible, terrible source only for the quotes. the counterfactual narrative beside it tries to argue that iraq was necessary because of the WMD threats, the '2 million of saddam's own people killed by saddam' and saddam's al-qaida ties. Of course we know that there were no WMDs, it was very likely much less than 2 million, as every time '2 million' is said it's a guess that counts all iraqi deaths in the Iran-Iraq war (in which the US/UK/other occidental powers sided with and funded Iraq even knowning chemical weapons were being used by only Iraq) and closer to a number equal to that killed by the iraq war and sanctions and there were no al-qaida ties)

quote:

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas, or biological weapons. . . . Other countries possess weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles. With Saddam, there is one big difference: he has used them. Not once, but repeatedly. . . . I have no doubt today that, left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will use these terrible weapons again.

These were the words of President Clinton on the night of December 16, 1998 as he announced a four-day bombing campaign over Iraq. Only six weeks earlier, Clinton had signed the Iraq Liberation Act authorizing Saddam’s overthrow—an initiative supported unanimously in the Senate and by a margin of 360 to 38 in the House. “Iraqis deserve and desire freedom,” Clinton had declared. On the evening the bombs began to drop, Vice President Al Gore told CNN’s Larry King:

quote:

You allow someone like Saddam Hussein to get nuclear weapons, ballistic missiles, chemical weapons, biological weapons. How many people is he going to kill with such weapons? . . . We are not going to allow him to succeed.

What these and other such statements remind us is that, by the time George Bush entered the White House in January 2001, the United States was already at war with Iraq, and in fact had been at war for a decade, ever since the first Gulf war in the early 1990’s. (This was literally the case, the end of hostilities in 1991 being merely a cease-fire and not a formal surrender followed by a peace treaty.)

Another was Hillary Clinton:

quote:

My position is very clear. The time has come for decisive action to eliminate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein’s WMD’s.

John Edwards was still another:

quote:

My position is very clear. The time has come for decisive action to eliminate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein’s weapons of mass destruction. I’m a co-sponsor of the bipartisan resolution that is presently under consideration in the Senate. Saddam Hussein’s regime is a grave threat to America and our allies. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons today, that he’s used them in the past, and that he’s doing everything he can to build more. Every day he gets closer to his long-term goal of nuclear capability.

Howard Dean, then the governor of Vermont, was of a similar mind:

quote:

There’s no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat to the U.S. and our allies.

It was, after all, California’s Nancy Pelosi who had warned the nation on December 16, 1998, during Operation Desert Fox, that Saddam’s “development of WMD technology . . . is a threat to countries in the region.” During the House debate in October 2002, Pelosi sounded the same urgent theme, summing up a threat whose imminence the Democrats had been insisting upon for years. “Yes,” reiterated the tireless Pelosi, “[Saddam] has chemical weapons. He has biological weapons. He is trying to get nuclear weapons.”

The military has its own plans and inertia; the executive and legislative branches can try to influence it the best they can but once elected, they inherit the problem of having to work with that structure. If they piss off members of the military-industrial complex too much, they can be replaced (primaried) in the next election by a candidate who does support their spend-n-rend benders.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

withak posted:

At some point the anti-vax cycle will turn around as people become exposed again to acquaintances dying or becoming permanently disabled by preventable diseases. That kind of stuff is abstract history for those of us below a certain age; a little exposure to it will remind people that opting out of vaccinations has very real consequences. It's too bad that a bunch of innocent kids will have to die to drive the point home.

I'm only 27, but I did meet a few people in my childhood that were victims of polio and were wheelchair-bound because of it and that it could have gotten so bad that you could have died from it and that I should thank God that no one can get that disease ever again. Except that people still can in northern Africa because the religious wingnuts have managed to convince people that the polio vaccination is a Western plot to sterilize people.

And then you have other people claiming that young girls that get the HPV vaccine will make them sexually promiscuous because they'll think now they're magically protected from all STDs and will just have sex all day every day. Never mind that you can get it in while in a hot tub and that it can ultimately lead to something like cancer of the uterus.

We also already have a devastating disease that needs to be eliminated right now: HIV. It's not wiping people out like smallpox did, but it is by no means any less of a threat.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Yeah, I admit, the first thing I'd do in office is start a war with another country because that surely would look good. Tell me, what's your preferred time line for starting wars after getting into office? A day perhaps? Maybe a month or two?

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Next time I'm at the dentist I have to remember to ask the hygienist if they have people freak out at them very often because she gave me a specific toothpaste and mouth rinse to use and they're both loaded with fluoride.

The new thing seems to be freaking out about bitewing x-rays, even though they dose less than a day's worth of background radiation.

The only halfway-legitimate argument that I've heard against fluoridation of tap water is that a lot of European countries don't do it and their dental health hasn't suffered on average. However, those countries also tend to provide their citizens with actual access to dental healthcare.

babies havin rabies fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 24, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

babies havin rabies posted:

The new thing seems to be freaking out about bitewing x-rays, even though they dose less than a day's worth of background radiation.

The only halfway-legitimate argument that I've heard against fluoridation of tap water is that a lot of European countries don't do it and their dental health hasn't suffered on average. However, those countries also tend to provide their citizens with actual access to dental healthcare.

Especially since bitwings using digital sensors are in now, which use x-ray energy then the old film methods did.

Nearly all of those European countries fluoridate another common thing instead, usually salt, so they get just as much fluoride. It's not just the dental healthcare (and the point of fluoridating in the first place is to prevent the need to see dentists as often, since even if dentists are free to see and have unlimited availability, tooth pain is still a pain to deal with!).

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

Install Windows posted:

Especially since bitwings using digital sensors are in now, which use x-ray energy then the old film methods did.

Nearly all of those European countries fluoridate another common thing instead, usually salt, so they get just as much fluoride. It's not just the dental healthcare (and the point of fluoridating in the first place is to prevent the need to see dentists as often, since even if dentists are free to see and have unlimited availability, tooth pain is still a pain to deal with!).

I had no idea that fluoridated table salt was a thing anywhere. Makes total sense.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Also I'm not sure if it's the same in some EU countries but in at least some parts of Canada dental service isn't covered unless it's an "emergency".

Edit: Also many poorer countries use more flouride in their toothpase. We have less of it in ours because it's designed assuming you're going to get a certain amount just by brushing with the tap water. In developing countries where this isn't the case many toothpaste brands will jack up the amount of flouride. So we're really consuming the same amount of flouride all over the world.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Miss-Bomarc posted:

As is said, its not really a stretch of the imagination to believe a bunch of hawkish cold warriors who are still living with the mindset of the early 80s who are just dieing to swing America's military dick around would find some excuse to invade someone. It pretty much happens every time Republicans get into power. Not to mention they had no qualms about out and out lying, manufacturing evidence and use 9/11 as a emotional excuse to bully the country into war.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm going to cross post this from the Dittohead thread but as life long fan of Hunter Thompson this interview gives me a lot of pain. He gets into Kennedy(s) and 9/11 around the 21 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbG5Awb7gK4

The whole interview is worth listening to but the conspiracy poo poo starts around 20 minutes in. It makes me wonder where Hunter's brain was at this stage of the game.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
Also because fluorides are a naturally occurring compound some places in the US not only do they not need to add any fluoride to the water, they actually have to remove excess fluoride from the water.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Vorpal Cat posted:

Also because fluorides are a naturally occurring compound some places in the US not only do they not need to add any fluoride to the water, they actually have to remove excess fluoride from the water.

At least part of the idea to use Fluoride came about because some rural Appalachians had really lovely looking teeth but they were reasonably healthy medically speaking. They realized it was because their water had a shitload of fluoride in it.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

RagnarokAngel posted:

At least part of the idea to use Fluoride came about because some rural Appalachians had really lovely looking teeth but they were reasonably healthy medically speaking. They realized it was because their water had a shitload of fluoride in it.

It was actually noticing this happened in both some rural areas in the Appalachians and in a bunch of small Texas towns (to the point where a slang name for the discoloration used to be "Texas teeth"), that led them to figure out the common factor was fluoride compounds.

King of Hamas
Nov 25, 2013

by XyloJW
Here's noted loony conspiracist nut General Wesley Clark with some crazy flim-flam theory about invading Iraq and a bunch of other countries, he's probably crazy right? I mean, after all he predicted that America would invade not only Iraq, but would also topple Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Iran following the invasion of Afghanistan. None of that came true of course, it's crazy to think that America would invade a country for anything other than Freedom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

King of Hamas fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 25, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Is this you climbing down from the Kennedy poo poo?

Grouchy Smurf
Mar 12, 2012

"Interesting Quote"
-Interesting guy
Oh my god, England is seriously considering water fluoridation nation-wide. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26729484
Have your print screen software ready.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Grouchy Smurf posted:

Oh my god, England is seriously considering water fluoridation nation-wide. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26729484
Have your print screen software ready.

Wake up. This is just a plot by UK publishers to drive up the price of the Big Book of British Smiles.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm going to cross post this from the Dittohead thread but as life long fan of Hunter Thompson this interview gives me a lot of pain. He gets into Kennedy(s) and 9/11 around the 21 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbG5Awb7gK4

The whole interview is worth listening to but the conspiracy poo poo starts around 20 minutes in. It makes me wonder where Hunter's brain was at this stage of the game.

Oh, HST was completely off his rocker. A life time of unrelenting drug abuse combined with an accute awareness of just how detestable the creeps in power really are, will do that to you.

Realistically he stopped doing any good work of note sometime in the late 70s, although he occasionally did pen an absolute stormer of an essay (My favorite was his Motorbike review, "Song of the sausage creature"). But hey, some of that early stuff really was loving amazing.

But yeah, 9/11 did something to the old boy that wasn't good. Actually it seemed to break a lot of peoples cognitive frameworks.

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Vorpal Cat posted:

Which reminds me of a funny story. I live in southern Illinois, and a couple people I know in the state survey were out testing peoples' wells for water quality to make sure seepage from an abandoned coal mine wasn't getting into the groundwater.

They ended up finding this one woman whose well had of fluoride concentrations of 10-15 ppt (normal fluoridation levels are usually under 1 ppt). They go to tell her what they found so she could find a solution to it, and when she answers the door they see a woman with *really* frizzy hair (an effect of the excess fluoride, I believe the term used to describe her was "a celt with an afro") and spotted teeth. IIRC they mentioned her saying something about her having trouble freezing tap water in the freezer because it was lowering the melting point so much. She had blamed most of it on the "hard water", so I guess she was more on the money than she thought!

(I got most of this secondhand, although I did see the printout of the water quality statement so I can at least verify that. I did a :stonk: when I saw the fluoride levels.)

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

duck monster posted:

Oh, HST was completely off his rocker. A life time of unrelenting drug abuse combined with an accute awareness of just how detestable the creeps in power really are, will do that to you.

Realistically he stopped doing any good work of note sometime in the late 70s, although he occasionally did pen an absolute stormer of an essay (My favorite was his Motorbike review, "Song of the sausage creature"). But hey, some of that early stuff really was loving amazing.

But yeah, 9/11 did something to the old boy that wasn't good. Actually it seemed to break a lot of peoples cognitive frameworks.

His eulogy for Richard Nixon is probably the last great thing he wrote.

It's worth noting that despite nursing an apoplectic hatred for Nixon over the course of at least thirty years if not longer, HST was quoted as saying he would have still taken Nixon over Bush. He knew where Nixon stood, at least.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Some people are too smart for Occam's Razor, and desperately afraid of being left out of the joke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This was posted on the Toronto Star's page.

Short and sweet takedown of 9/11 truthers

http://www.thestar.com/news/2014/03/25/rick_salutin_digresses_on_911_conspiracy_theories.html

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

duck monster posted:

Realistically he stopped doing any good work of note sometime in the late 70s...

I've heard a lot of people say this but I really enjoy pretty much all of his work even if some of it's not as good as the earlier stuff. I always found him funny and very skillful in his use of language.

duck monster posted:

I actually think Bush's re-election in 04 hosed him worse than 9/11. I'm sure the alcoholism and drug addiction took their toll as well. But this thread isn't about Hunter so I'll quit.

I was just bummed to hear someone that I admired so greatly embrace and advocate the 9/11 conspiracy stuff.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I was hosting a dinner party tonight when one of my friends used the casual mention of MH370 to segue into 9/11 trutherism: "Do you believe that MH370 was a conspiracy? No? Well how about 9/11? What do you think about that as a conspiracy? Because I've read a bunch of websites and seen some videos that explain this pretty well" and then he goes right into it:

* Jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel. When I said that you don't need to melt steel to weaken it, he deflected with "oh but there was melted steel in the ruins!" as well as how there was 3000 degree thermal signatures inside the rubble six weeks after the incident

* The buildings didn't topple over, they fell into their footprints as though it was a controlled demolition that was done via thermite planted all across the buildings. When I asked how the thermite got there in the first place, he said there was an elevator modernization program months before that served as a cover.

* WTC 7 was the only building in the world that ever fell down just due to a fire burning, when some other building that burned for 9 hours straight didn't. It to be brought down because it was the command center of the demolitions team.

* Those weren't airliners that hit the buildings, they were drones - they studied the profiles of whatever it was that hit the towers and it matches the drones perfectly. This also explains how there were no bodies recovered from the Pentagon site and how whatever it was that flew into the Pentagon did it from very low altitude and level flight rather than coming down from above

And he capped it all off by saying that it was done to provide a pretext for the US to invade Iraq and Afghanistan. By this time I was extremely uncomfortable and wanted to get out of the subject so I just retorted by saying that it was so implausible for this massively orchestrated operation to only produce a tenuous link to Iraq/Afghanistan - if the US government pulled it off so well, why did it take many months and lots of debates and numerous doubting allies before the US went to war? Why couldn't they have done something that clearly and explicitly outed Iraq/Afghanistan as the perpetrators ... and then ended with "My god folks, this is way too heavy a discussion" and laughed it off. That seemed to shut him up and we moved on.

I felt terrible being in that position because I couldn't really recall enough about the standard debunking points (besides that very last one) to fight him off well right then and there, I couldn't stand him proselytizing to the rest of my party and I couldn't come down on him too hard/angrily without looking worse off for it. I honestly just wanted it to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

* The buildings didn't topple over, they fell into their footprints as though it was a controlled demolition

Given the damage they sustained, it would be impossible for them to fall in any way other than (relatively) straight down. They weren't made of building blocks, it doesn't work that way.

quote:

* WTC 7 was the only building in the world that ever fell down just due to a fire burning, when some other building that burned for 9 hours straight didn't. It to be brought down because it was the command center of the demolitions team.

7 had a huge gouge taken out of it from the debris of the towers. They always leave that out.

quote:

* Those weren't airliners that hit the buildings, they were drones - they studied the profiles of whatever it was that hit the towers and it matches the drones perfectly.

I don't understand this. There was no drone then and there is no drone now that is even close to as big as nor has the silhouette of a 737. There's also the problem that a bajillion people watched a 737 hit the second tower.

quote:

This also explains how there were no bodies recovered from the Pentagon site

Huh.
:nms:

There's plenty more, but I'm depressed enough.

quote:

and how whatever it was that flew into the Pentagon did it from very low altitude and level flight rather than coming down from above

But that is how it happened. We know it was very low and more or less level, it took down light poles not far from the impact site.

• Locked thread