Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Spudsly posted:

I've been thinking about putting together an effort post about this, but I really think you gain almost no information from a damage meter screenshot. Maybe you can gain information comparing individuals in the same exact run I guess, but then you need to know something about how competent the others in that same x-def are.

That's the joke. These guys were basically throwing their bodies at the waves and I was just sitting there putting out mediocre dps. Even bad pubs can make bp look good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dblankenship81
Mar 1, 2013
Am I doing it right?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
In an Xdef last night I was playing glitched strange, so my damage was through the roof. There was a red name black panther who loving slaughtered my damage done by a few million. I'll edit later with a picture of his gear, but that blew my mind.

e:

Ajax fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 30, 2014

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

dblankenship81 posted:

Am I doing it right?

How the hell did you get it that high so fast? I built mine up for about an hour and only managed around 35k a hit.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
LOL comixfan is a lil slow when someones giving away loot

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
Just in case the writeup in the OP is outdated, can someone tell me HOW TO SQUIRREL GIRL? Is Squirrelpocolypse still broken?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

cbservo posted:

Just in case the writeup in the OP is outdated, can someone tell me HOW TO SQUIRREL GIRL? Is Squirrelpocolypse still broken?

Mini-rework in less than a week, wait for that.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
Gotcha. What about cable, for the people who afre wary when it comes to Trasker's writeups? is Kinetic Repulsion a go or no go?

dblankenship81
Mar 1, 2013

AHungryRobot posted:

How the hell did you get it that high so fast? I built mine up for about an hour and only managed around 35k a hit.

I use Daggers of Daveroth with Crystal of Kadavus. I drop the Illusions in a central location so they target things closest to the students first. Then I teleport around while spamming Daggers that hit for between 40-60k normal hits and brutal for over a Million.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

dblankenship81 posted:

I use Daggers of Daveroth with Crystal of Kadavus. I drop the Illusions in a central location so they target things closest to the students first. Then I teleport around while spamming Daggers that hit for between 40-60k normal hits and brutal for over a Million.

How do you get a 1 mil brutal hit from something with 40k base damage? :psyduck:

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

cbservo posted:

Gotcha. What about cable, for the people who afre wary when it comes to Trasker's writeups? is Kinetic Repulsion a go or no go?

I personally threw a point into it and let items do the rest. It's good when you need the space but you shouldn't be letting things hang out that close too often (at 60) because Cable folds pretty quickly.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

AHungryRobot posted:

How do you get a 1 mil brutal hit from something with 40k base damage? :psyduck:

There's a bug right now related to Strange's illusion clones bonus, you can keep stacking it.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

There's a bug right now related to Strange's illusion clones bonus, you can keep stacking it.

I know. He's saying that their daggers are hitting for 40-60k per hit after the ridiculous stacking. What I wanna know is how that translates into brutal strike damage of over a million.

dblankenship81
Mar 1, 2013

AHungryRobot posted:

Math isn't my thing =( I've been streaming it though if you wanna peak. twitch.tv/dblankenship81

edit: I'm also full retard and it's 100k plus not mil... derp

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"
Black Panther does stupid damage, here's how to do it! (you need at least one unique and all of the story mode power points to do it with)

Max: Enervating Slash, Slashing Lunge, Savage Strike (might not be necessary, but time will tell), Panther Soul, Panther Grace, Jungle Snare
Put a point in: Blessing of Bast, Unseen Predator, Wrath of Bast (Point Dump when you have extra points from story mode)
Unique needed: Boots of the Coal Tiger

Stack the stuff from Enervating Slash (which goes up to five times), do Slashing Lunge to use all of the stacks for a massive boost in a damage. It's pretty easy. For costume affixes, since he gets a ton of crit rating from a passive, go crit damage. I did the DPS test dummy and killed it in less than 30 seconds (went between 22-28 seconds depending on if I was distracted by stuff from outside of the game or not).

All in all, it's a pretty fun build.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

cbservo posted:

http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/cable#vMjM2vvvq22U22GKv/71.222.49.0.0.0.0.0.95.0

If you can get Cable's unique armor with its shitloads of health and a revive on a 10 min cooldown, he's actually pretty survivable between Vigilant Aura, TO Reconstruction, and KR/Barrier. His slot 5 is also really, really good- it makes all your Psion powers cheaper and better. I max Grenade cause I play XDef and like large DOT fields, plus combined with Oroborous you can get a shitload of regen. I'm honestly not sure where I'd stick the points from it though- probably max Reconstruction and put the rest into Repulsion. KR is situational but pretty cool if you can get it to work.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Psyker posted:

You do realize that your explosive arrow does more damage then 3RB, and faster, and in an AoE, and with the potential to penetrate through the boss and the pack of mobs around it triggering the EA again each time it hits until it doesn't penetrate, right?

At level 40/rank 18, Explosive hits for 4.2k-6.3k, Three Round Burst hits for 7.8k-11.7k, +40% base damage against bosses. Explosive does not do more damage than 3RB even if you adjust for the RoF difference (1.9 vs. 1.4 for me).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 30, 2014

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Zeike posted:

LOL comixfan is a lil slow when someones giving away loot

ahahah

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

At level 40/rank 18, Explosive hits for 4.2k-6.3k, Three Round Burst hits for 7.8k-11.7k, +40% base damage against bosses. Explosive does not do more damage than 3RB even if you adjust for the RoF difference (1.9 vs. 1.4 for me).

The thing about EA is that it pierces with the passive, and explodes again each time it hits a new body or a wall. In practice it's more damage if you can get the target pinned to other mobs or a wall

edit: I see now Psyker already said that, so I am not sure why you posted what you posted

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 30, 2014

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Whats gambit's ranged build look like now that stack the deck is apparently gone? (I never played gambit before his rework).

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
come to think of it the eggy toast game might have been odin sphere

Man that was a good rear end game

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

The saddest thing about the Dr. Strange bug is how utterly poo poo the projection skill is without it. If it was playable then whitelisters and the pubbies would have found this out within a minute of Strange going on TC.

There's a sweet spot between 0 damage and 50k damage per hit per illusion, yet sadly they're wayyyyyyyyy below it.

I want a functioning and viable projection build. I don't want to lay out lovely dot fields 24/7. Not saying he can't have a viable build doing that, I just don't want to play him that way.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

Just keep casting the illusion after all 4 are out or what? My Strange is level 50 and I am just sucking at him.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Eckertmania posted:

Black Panther does stupid damage, here's how to do it! (you need at least one unique and all of the story mode power points to do it with)

Max: Enervating Slash, Slashing Lunge, Savage Strike (might not be necessary, but time will tell), Panther Soul, Panther Grace, Jungle Snare
Put a point in: Blessing of Bast, Unseen Predator, Wrath of Bast (Point Dump when you have extra points from story mode)

Stack the stuff from Enervating Slash (which goes up to five times), do Slashing Lunge to use all of the stacks for a massive boost in a damage. It's pretty easy. For costume affixes, since he gets a ton of crit rating from a passive, go crit damage. I did the DPS test dummy and killed it in less than 30 seconds (went between 22-28 seconds depending on if I was distracted by stuff from outside of the game or not).

Awesome, that is the only unique I have for him, I was hoping it would still be stupid good. Haven't had a chance to mess with him yet, been pounding away on the strange.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

The Diddler posted:

Just keep casting the illusion after all 4 are out or what? My Strange is level 50 and I am just sucking at him.

You turn it on, cast up all 4, then turn it off to desummon. Repeat until satisfied.

Basically there's a variable that gets the bonus from Astral Legion added into it each time you cast one (each one supposed to provide +x% damage to all images.) Normally then when you shut off the images it should be setting that variable back to 0.

Someone forgot to add that little line of code.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg

Eckertmania posted:

How's he surviving for you? I want a melee who can comfortably do cosmic kurse terminal.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

You turn it on, cast up all 4, then turn it off to desummon. Repeat until satisfied.

Basically there's a variable that gets the bonus from Astral Legion added into it each time you cast one (each one supposed to provide +x% damage to all images.) Normally then when you shut off the images it should be setting that variable back to 0.

Someone forgot to add that little line of code.

Thanks! I guess I was abusing that bug before I switched to a build in the thread, so I'll go back to the summons.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Mahasamatman posted:

How's he surviving for you? I want a melee who can comfortably do cosmic kurse terminal.

Hulk can meet your requirements: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV8D3VNQDaE

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

canada jezus posted:

Whats gambit's ranged build look like now that stack the deck is apparently gone? (I never played gambit before his rework).

Uh, isn't Stack the Deck just called 52 Pickup now?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mahasamatman posted:

I can do it on Hulk and Cap without scrambling too badly. Mine are fairly well-geared, though.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So, random questions while I wait for the game to download:

- Besides a different name color and a free costume what does prestiging actually do? Is there a cap on how much you can do it or is it basically a time sink for spergs? Do people actually do it or just level to 60 and gear up?

- Did they ever add more story content or do you go through the same story and end up fighting Doom again on every character?

- I've forgotten, can you rebind hotkeys? Or maybe use WASD for movement instead of left-clicking?

For the record, the last time I played Midtown had just been added to the game and Emma Frost was being hyped as the next new character.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

WarLocke posted:

- Besides a different name color and a free costume what does prestiging actually do? Is there a cap on how much you can do it or is it basically a time sink for spergs? Do people actually do it or just level to 60 and gear up?

- Did they ever add more story content or do you go through the same story and end up fighting Doom again on every character?

- I've forgotten, can you rebind hotkeys? Or maybe use WASD for movement instead of left-clicking?

For the record, the last time I played Midtown had just been added to the game and Emma Frost was being hyped as the next new character.

-It gets you a pet (which is then useful for donating to vendors, but that's another story) and you can only do it like 6 times. Personally I like running alts.
-There's one more act but it's not a huge thing. What is a huge thing is legendary quests, X-Defense, Midtown Manhattan- there's a bunch of ways to level outside of the story.
-I know you can at least hack the keybinds, but I'm pretty sure you can change in game. WASD is out but you can use W to move.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

WarLocke posted:

You summed up prestiging exactly. The cap is 5th prestige, which is the red name.

They added Chapter 9, which is Norway + Asgard, to the story. You can skip the story completely and in fact it's wise to skip it as there are way better ways to level. You can just go back to get the rewards for your character later on if you want.

You can rebind keys in the options menu, no WASD movement though.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Strange is out? :eyepop: Downloading the update now. My video card overheats real easily these days, but dammit I need to Dr.Strange bad guys with magic.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

-It gets you a pet (which is then useful for donating to vendors, but that's another story) and you can only do it like 6 times. Personally I like running alts.

You get to *buy* the pet, correct? I've prestiged a handful of times, and as far as I could tell I just got the option to buy a new pet.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

The Diddler posted:

You get to *buy* the pet, correct? I've prestiged a handful of times, and as far as I could tell I just got the option to buy a new pet.

Yeah but from what I understand it's a pretty good way to turn credits into vendor XP.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
If you have credits.
If you need vendor xp.

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 30, 2014

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mahasamatman posted:

Moon Knight and Nightcrawler both can handle Kurse.

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"

Mahasamatman posted:

It's alright, haven't had too many issues. Late XDef waves can light him up, but with his stealth roll, he can get out of a situation really well so you can catch your breath.

Honestly, if you want a melee that can be a "hoss," look into Cap. It's pretty hard to die with him when you're paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Ajax posted:

In an Xdef last night I was playing glitched strange, so my damage was through the roof. There was a red name black panther who loving slaughtered my damage done by a few million. I'll edit later with a picture of his gear, but that blew my mind.

e:

The trident is the only thing really out of place in that picture. Out of curiosity I went onto the TC and tried it out and the health/damage procs go off like crazy with BP. Between that, the oroboros, and a full stack of lemurias, you have a crazy amount of incoming health when you drop a snare.

• Locked thread