Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Also for anyone watching it, it picks up a lot in the second half of season one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you're gonna lay out the cash, it's like $30 bucks for a season on iTunes.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I think you can get the blu-ray for that much.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

escape artist posted:

I think you can get the blu-ray for that much.

At the moment, it's actually a little less through Amazon.

And most likely you'll want to own the Blu-Rays anyway. The show is gorgeous. Macabre, but gorgeous.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
When yall were hyping it last year I bought it on Amazon.

No real regrets, even though I think it's free now. It was spectacular and season 2 is reaching new heights.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hannibal is easily my favorite show currently airing.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I was kind of lukewarm while watching the first season of Hannibal, but it's really grown on me, and I'm just now realising it's pretty much the highlight of my week, TV-wise.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's also interesting to note how most people around here, me included, were all, "pffff trying to make a Hannibal TV show, that's gonna be a fiasco" and now it's like, pantheonic TV.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Made sense since the last time we saw Hannibal he was walking around killing Nazis with samurai swords. And I only knew Bryan Fuller for his comedies so it looked like a disaster.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, just writing down the premise of Hannibal makes it sound terrible and just a cash in. The show kind of dashed those opinions with the first episode though.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I never had time to think 'That's going to be a disastrous cash-in' because NBC was so bent on it not succeeding that I learned the show existed when the show right before the premiere finished and said 'Stay tune for the premiere of Hannibal'.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
There's also this I saw wandering around the internet. I have no idea how useful it really is though, if it is at all;
http://www.nbc.com/nbc-app
http://www.nbc.com/hannibal/video

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, just writing down the premise of Hannibal makes it sound terrible and just a cash in. The show kind of dashed those opinions with the first episode though.

That's what happened with me, I skipped the first ep because I thought it would be terrible, but then all the critics and blogs I follow went absolutely bonkers over it and so I checked it out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'll admit, I was super down down on the show when it was first announced and haven't really cared for Fuller stuff but man, that first episode is super quality.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just saw a preview for tomorrow night's Walking Dead finale and I think you all know what I'm talking about when I say "gently caress THIS loving poo poo loving SHOW FOREVER, JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST".

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

precision posted:

I just saw a preview for tomorrow night's Walking Dead finale and I think you all know what I'm talking about when I say "gently caress THIS loving poo poo loving SHOW FOREVER, JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST".

I couldn't believe it when Ray Wise stepped out of that van with the unicorn airbrushed on the side.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's really amazing how they managed to make the latest season really, really good (in comparison to past seasons) and then gently caress it up with just a few really idiotic turns.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Speaking of watching shows on the internet, I'm hung over and interested in seeing some Netflix TV. What's something I should be getting into over there, TV wise?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Shageletic posted:

Speaking of watching shows on the internet, I'm hung over and interested in seeing some Netflix TV. What's something I should be getting into over there, TV wise?

I've been watching my way through Supernatural over the last few months. Breaking Bad is up there too, haven't gotten around to watching that yet though.
Arrow is on there too, if you haven't watched that at all then you should fix that. You don't have to pay a whole lot of attention to follow the plot so it's probably perfect for hungover watching.

Unless you mean TV shows produced by Netflix... I've got nothing for you there.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Thanks!

EDIT: And no, that's not what I meant.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Seconding Supernatural as a suggestion. Also Arrow. You're probably better off with the later since it's only one season on Netflix to catch up with unlike Supernatural with 8 seasons

Yeah I am kicking myself for not watching Arrow earlier. It's absolutely fantastic and I'm about to catch up with the thread and I'll have to wait week to week with everyone.

Should have waited until the second season finished its run really :saddowns:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

If you've never seen Friday Night Lights son, you better get on that.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

precision posted:

It's really amazing how they managed to make the latest season really, really good (in comparison to past seasons) and then gently caress it up with just a few really idiotic turns.

Do we not have that spoiler thread anymore, I wouldn't mind knowing what happens (Stopped watching last season).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I guess this is a promo for Mike Judge's new show? It's hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpNgsU9o4ik

DrVenkman posted:

Do we not have that spoiler thread anymore, I wouldn't mind knowing what happens (Stopped watching last season).

The entire premise of the preview I saw which had me literally* screaming at my laptop was THE GOVERNOR IS BACK (after being stabbed in the back and left to bleed out surrounded by zombies).

*not literally

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

DrVenkman posted:

Something stupid blows up the prison. The survivors split up into small groups and each group has their own little adventures. Eventually (ie tonight) they're all going to meet up at "Terminus," which common consensus believes to be a cannibal colony.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 30, 2014

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The best episode of the season was literally 45 minutes of the two best characters going on a quest to get drunk. I am not kidding.

e: Actually that was the second best episode, the best one was the one with sad music where a lost soul wanders around and does some soul searching (which is later completely undercut because that soul searching leads him to conclude "yup, still an rear end in a top hat")

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Where did you see that preview? Because there was definitely nothing like that in that one that was on TV last week.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lycus posted:

Where did you see that preview? Because there was definitely nothing like that in that one that was on TV last week.

Last night, during the marathon.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
From the loving FINALLY department: The second and final season of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, aka where the show went from "Hey, this is surprisingly smart and entertaining" to ":stare::stare::stare:" is now available on Netflix.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

DivisionPost posted:

From the loving FINALLY department: The second and final season of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, aka where the show went from "Hey, this is surprisingly smart and entertaining" to ":stare::stare::stare:" is now available on Netflix.

Okay. I'm going to give this a go; does it actually conclude though?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

PriorMarcus posted:

Okay. I'm going to give this a go; does it actually conclude though?

It does. They wrote in a cool hook for a third season, but the story they set out to tell is told.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

precision posted:

If you've never seen Friday Night Lights son, you better get on that.

Should i watch it even though I'm a filthy Euroman and don't know or care about anything football?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Eezee posted:

Should i watch it even though I'm a filthy Euroman and don't know or care about anything football?

I can't say for sure, but plenty of people in your position have fallen in love with FNL.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Eezee posted:

I will admit I care a little bit about football, but only in the sense that it's a fascinating metaphor and how hosed up the whole sports industry is. You don't need to know (much) about how foot the ball is actually played to love the show.

I mean the show could literally be about gladiators or whatever and it would still make sense. It's just... it's just drat good man.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
As long as it's good drama i'm in. If it just focuses on football however i'll probably get bored pretty fast.

I think I'm just gonna get the first few episodes and try it for myself.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Eezee posted:

As long as it's good drama i'm in. If it just focuses on football however i'll probably get bored pretty fast.

I think I'm just gonna get the first few episodes and try it for myself.

Yeah, you're good. The focus isn't on the sport itself at all.

Also you should watch the film first if you can, because goddamn it is good.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Eezee posted:

I'm from the UK and didn't care about any sports until I watched Friday Night Lights; now I love American Football.

Really though it's such a minor part of the show that you'll be fine; yeah, a lot of the characters lives revolve around the sport, but only in the same way the characters in Mad Men revolve around the business.

You'd still watch Breaking Bad without an intimate knowledge of the New Mexico drug trade, right? Friday Night Lights is the same thing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose." sounds like the cheesiest motto when you first hear it but by the end of the first season you'll shout it at the top of your lungs. Unfortunately Mitt Romney also used it in a speech.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

Unfortunately Mitt Romney also used it in a speech.

The creators came out and told him to stop though, as he basically stood for everything the series opposed.

God, I really miss that show. There really hasn't been anything else like it. It's weird, shows have come along that were the same quality, but none have come along that feel like they inhabit the same space Friday Night Lights filled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Coach Taylor and Buddy Garrity would totally vote for Romney :(

• Locked thread