Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

There's plenty of people who put the full matches on youtube.

Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/user/TTRugbyVidz/videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Mister Chief posted:

There's plenty of people who put the full matches on youtube.

Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/user/TTRugbyVidz/videos

Thank you kindly. I was just googling "Team vs Team" and watching highlights and match snippets on various Australian sports sites.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
Also support the hurricanes.

It's a hard road with a cliff at the end, but sometimes they play incredible rugby.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Often times the full games are on youtube a few days later

e: didnt see new page...

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The Hamster Man posted:

Also support the hurricanes.

It's a hard road with a cliff at the end, but sometimes they play incredible rugby.

I know nothing about SupaRugby but I've decided the Waratahs are the team I should support. But then they are Australian, perhaps the Hurricanes are a better choice.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

!!!
http://www.allblacks.com/news/24429/Details-regarding-All-Blacks-USA-match

PICK NYC

geegee
Aug 6, 2005

TheHoosier posted:

Thank you kindly. I was just googling "Team vs Team" and watching highlights and match snippets on various Australian sports sites.

Not sure how practical this is for you but DirecTV has two Rugby channels. One of them appears to be for International Test matches but the other carries all Super15 matches live (nothing from the Northern Hemisphere tho). Don't know who puts them on (no ads) or why but this has been going on for the last couple of years and its the best thing on US telly. The proposed merger with Dish TV might affect whatever the arrangement is so get them (the matches) while (if) you can.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
The Northern Hemisphere games are mostly broadcast live on the BBC Rugby website.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Tyma posted:

The Northern Hemisphere games are mostly broadcast live on the BBC Rugby website.

Yeah but he was looking for "good" matches.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Northern hemisphere rugby at it's finest in Bath v Sale. 15 minutes, 10 penalties and one yellow card over the same scrum.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
gently caress GAVIN HENSON NOW AND FOREVER

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

tarbrush posted:

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

TheHoosier posted:

Despite being a filthy yank I love the poo poo out of some Rugby and I'm thankful for the OP because I'd literally have no idea where to start trying to follow the international pros. I've watched some English rugby union but the Southern league game seems to be more my pace. After catching up on some SXV highlights for the past couple months, I'm batting between the Canes and Lions. I love the Canes colors/playing style but somehow it sings to my heart that there's another Lions team across the ocean that are massive disappointments year in and year out. I'll give that some more thinkin' but here's the question of the day:

How's a fuckin' American supposed to watch this stuff? Obviously we're all here on the got-dang internets so I'm guessing those of you like myself in a different part of the world watch a stream. Any suggestions? There's a massive -15 hour difference from Australia to my Midwestern slice of corn-ridden Hades so I think TV may be out.

Since I've moved to the US I've only been able to follow rugby through Fox Sports Plus and DirecTV will also show super rugby games. Most of the super rugby games you will see on TV here will involve south african teams which are in the same time zone as the UK.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

butros posted:

Yeah but he was looking for "good" matches.

Maybe he likes tackling?

I'd definitely always recommend SH rugby to anyone getting into the game though, I'm Irish and I don't see the NH game as inferior but it's definitely less exciting and more focused on defense and set pieces.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
NH games are a truer representation of what rugby is actually like to play imo, where as SH games are just a bunch of flash cunts with their open play and what not.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Yeah, and loving off-loads. Pfffft.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

tarbrush posted:

In general, or has he done something specifically?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Playing rugby on a pitch that's basically a swamp is the best way to play.

Throwing up mud after a particularly vigorous ruck just means the pitch is primed.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Vagabundo posted:

In general, or has he done something specifically?

In general. The two specific moments were piling in to support a ruck and somehow booting the ball out of play, and trying a dink over the top while down one with 79 minutes gone.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

NH games are a truer representation of what rugby is actually like to play imo, where as SH games are just a bunch of flash cunts with their open play and what not.

Exactly, if you cant see the beauty in 84 mins of attritional rucking and scrummaging then your watching the wrong sport.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Yeah, and loving off-loads. Pfffft.

I see it as a continuum, like a Kinsey Rugby scale.

One end you have Sevens, exciting running rugby with offloads galore but no meaningful contest at ruck or scrum.
Players are small, fast and skilful.

In the middle you have Super 15. Sevens with rucking.
Players are large, fast and skilful.

At the other end you have Northern Hemisphere rugby. A pure, scrum-based contest between man and the elements.
Players are fat and usually lying down.

What I'm trying to say is Super 15 Rugby is Bi-sexual.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Can anyone explain what David Moffett's current involvement in Welsh rugby is? I thought he was a non-entity but lots of people keep mentioning some manifesto he's published

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Tyma posted:

PM me if you want to sort out some sort of goon meet and/or group suicide at The WRU Mandated Millenium Stadium Double Header Thing next month.

The trick is to let Gatland plan the group suicide so he picks Priestland first.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

Just watched Gio Aplon break his arm... Then again in slow motion.
I was eating dinner... Not anymore!

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

So worst beat first this morning. Can't find the full match highlights but it was hilarious watching the Brumbies scrum completely bowl over the Rebels. Woodward wrecked the Brumbies though, just annihilated them. Good stuff.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

TheHoosier posted:

So worst beat first this morning. Can't find the full match highlights but it was hilarious watching the Brumbies scrum completely bowl over the Rebels. Woodward wrecked the Brumbies though, just annihilated them. Good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF5u0fmgaOA

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Christ, sorry. I swear I'm not this inept at the internet.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

So the 'Tahs are poo poo without Izzy.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Munster v Leinster is fairly tasty so far but shitloads of handling errors

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Just got back from a trip to the pub to watch USA vs Uruguay 2015 RWC qualifier. God drat was that a lovely match, neither team looked like they deserved to be in the World Cup but, fortunately, our boys were able to get going 60 minutes in and score 3 tries in 5 minutes. Final score USA 32 - 13 Uruguay.

First match of 2015 RWC is against the Springboks. :suicide:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Don't forget you have that All Blacks tour match to look forward to.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Mister Chief posted:

Don't forget you have that All Blacks tour match to look forward to.

What's stronger than :suicide:?

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
:( loving waratahs, 17 penalties in 70 minutes. Had to turn it off for my sanity

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

ColtMcAsskick posted:

:( loving waratahs, 17 penalties in 70 minutes. Had to turn it off for my sanity

Yeah, I woke up at 2am to watch that poo poo. I loving hate Jake White and Jake ball teams. But yeah, loving waratahs.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It's almost like the Waratahs are a bad team. You should be watching a good Australian team like the Rebels or Force.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

Mister Chief posted:

It's almost like the Waratahs are a bad team. You should be watching a good Australian team like the Rebels or Force.

Love it.

This is far from the first time the Waratahs have started well and then faded away. It's kind of their defining characteristic.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Sevens World Series Qualifier Final.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Showboaters deserve it.

Was it Michalak who once was so busy celebrating in the 6N he ran right past the dead ball line?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

goatface posted:

Showboaters deserve it.

Was it Michalak who once was so busy celebrating in the 6N he ran right past the dead ball line?

Dominici? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/international/3509445.stm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elTeddy
Jun 19, 2004
Where boys fear to tread

Smorgasbord posted:

Some decentish tries in Crusaders v Hurricanes :stare:

edit: I don't know the technicalities but that seems a harsh no try call to me on the forward pass.

DECENTISH? Alapati's has to go in for try of the year running and that run Savea did that ended with him crushing Kieran Read/the Crusaders was amazing.

• Locked thread