Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
Watching the '92 Royal Rumble and though the matches on the undercard are a little thin, the Rumble proper is really stacked. Hogan, Savage, Flair, Undertaker, Bulldog, HBK, Jake Roberts and Piper just to mention the top guys. It also has great commentary by Heenan, who was managing Flair at the time and is utterly shameless in the way he backs Flair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

mrbasehart posted:

Watching the '92 Royal Rumble and though the matches on the undercard are a little thin, the Rumble proper is really stacked. Hogan, Savage, Flair, Undertaker, Bulldog, HBK, Jake Roberts and Piper just to mention the top guys. It also has great commentary by Heenan, who was managing Flair at the time and is utterly shameless in the way he backs Flair.

Is this the Rumble where Heenan has this 10 minute segment where he just goes bananas over Lex Lugor's thighs?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Safe Driver posted:

Is this the Rumble where Heenan has this 10 minute segment where he just goes bananas over Lex Lugor's thighs?

That's '93, when Luger is introduced as the Narcissus/Narcissist.

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
I think that's '93 as it spills over into the Raws that they've been showing lately.

Edit: Beaten.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The 1992 Rumble is full of these fun side stories too. Jake Roberts is constantly looking for Savage to enter, then when he does he's under the ring before Savage can find him. Meanwhile everyone who ever had a grudge against Flair manages to find him and start kicking the crap out of him during the match.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It also has shades of Taker becoming Locker Room General, with him separating Savage and Roberts when Savage pretty much eliminates himself to go after Roberts.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

projecthalaxy posted:

Countdown might be one of my favorite parts of the network. I'm watching the Backstab episode now and I love that anyone they can get from the angles is in the studio providing new kayfabe analysis of the backstab itself.

Haha I actually turned that one off(which almost made me skip Blunders) because it was too kayfabey.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Man, listening to commentators and wrestlers talking about Tatanka in '93 is pretty uncomfortable.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Here's a weird request: What are some good PPVs to listen to? I have a mindless factory job, and would appreciate the distraction.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Die Laughing posted:

Here's a weird request: What are some good PPVs to listen to? I have a mindless factory job, and would appreciate the distraction.

If you like Ventura he tears into Schiavone a bunch during Superbrawl II. As a bonus I remember uncomfortable Benoit remarks.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

What are the best PPVs during Foley's time in ECW? I'd especially love some of the anti-ECW promos during the end of his run there, that he references in his books.

Acrolos fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 30, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Acrolos posted:

What are the best PPVs tomato-based Foley's time in ECW? I'd especially love some of the anti-ECW promos during the end of his run there, that he references in his books.

ECW wasn't on PPV when Foley was there. You can find stuff with Terry Funk though, and really bad stuff with Jake Roberts!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

WCW. :psyduck:

Slamboree 96. Page was kicked out of the company the month before then comes back as a heel with his Nirvana knock-off theme thanks to some mysterious benefactor. He was ostensibly homeless and on the streets but we're meant to wish he still was homeless, I guess. This is after they took Kimberly from him and put her with fuckin' The Booty Man, which, wow. He backs his way into the battle royal for the title shot through the dumb random tag team gimmick then they put over his finisher huge by having him cutter the other three guys and pin two of the three of them and nearly pin the third (though in classic WCW fashion I don't think it was ever mentioned that the battle royal was over-the-top OR pinfall).

Then he gets up from the near-fall and complains to the ref who shoves him and he takes his second huge back bump from a ref shove that night. I'll never understand what the fired-up ref spot is supposed to accomplish. I mean I guess he looks like a weaselly heel or something? Real dumb.

Big Show was a pretty decent crazy monster promo even when he ventured into cheesy rhyming lines land.

Edit: Oh christ I just read the Observer archive and they didn't even give DDP his title shot and invalidated the whole PPV the next night on Nitro.

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 30, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Acrolos posted:

What are the best PPVs tomato-based Foley's time in ECW? I'd especially love some of the anti-ECW promos during the end of his run there, that he references in his books.

You'd have to dig up ancient VHS rips because they weren't on PPV. Most of the events exist somewhere whether it be fan cams or official home video releases, but not on the network.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Gah, this is a disaster. Illness caused me to fall behind on rent, and I just now got enough money on a prepaid debit card i just got to get the network, but there's some bullshit thing about WWE not accepting debit cards until the actual card is sent, as the one you buy at the store is a temp card that is restricted, though they don't tell you that, until the card gets mailed. Now my road to Wrestlemania is through the post office... god drat it all... If I miss wrestlemania because of the mail, I'm gonna kick my postman's head in. That's not a toxx, I just might do that one day. ya know, walk out, see him dropping off yet more mail for people who don't live here anymore and just loving brain him. That's the mood i'm in atm.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Has anyone tried seeing if Network allows simultaneous logins from different IPs yet, like MLB does?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

EL BROMANCE posted:

Has anyone tried seeing if Network allows simultaneous logins from different IPs yet, like MLB does?

Yes it does, but I believe only two log-ins at a time per account.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Die Laughing posted:

Stuff from 2001 with Jim Ross and Paul Heyman on commentary should be pretty good to listen to. They were a great team.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

cucka posted:

Gah, this is a disaster. Illness caused me to fall behind on rent, and I just now got enough money on a prepaid debit card i just got to get the network, but there's some bullshit thing about WWE not accepting debit cards until the actual card is sent, as the one you buy at the store is a temp card that is restricted, though they don't tell you that, until the card gets mailed. Now my road to Wrestlemania is through the post office... god drat it all... If I miss wrestlemania because of the mail, I'm gonna kick my postman's head in. That's not a toxx, I just might do that one day. ya know, walk out, see him dropping off yet more mail for people who don't live here anymore and just loving brain him. That's the mood i'm in atm.

Did you try paying through Paypal with the card tied to the account? If that doesn't work, I guess you could sell something in SA-Mart.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

EL BROMANCE posted:

TL posted:

Yes it does, but I believe only two log-ins at a time per account.

Actually, just one: http://www.wwe.com/main-help/generalfaq/terms-and-conditions-wwe

WWE Network posted:

Access to Services: Access to WWE Network may be subject to approval of your credit card, debit card or PayPal account payment information and verification of other information you submit to us or that is otherwise provided to us. Although your WWE Network subscription is accessible on a number of devices, your use is limited to one (1) WWE Network stream on one (1) device at any given time. IF YOU CIRCUMVENT OR ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT ANY OF THE USE RESTRICTIONS IN THESE TERMS, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL ACTION. SHARING OF LOGIN INFORMATION, INCLUDING PASSWORDS, IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

They don't enforce it. I was able to watch NXT Arrival on two different Roku/TVs in my house with no issue.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I clicked on WM20 just for something to listen to and John Cena is the curtain jerk. It's blowing my mind.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I just watched the Beyond the Ring interview with Bret and Shawn. That has to be one of the best things they've ever done. I thought it was 60 minutes, and it was so good, I didn't realize it was actually 2 hours long until it was over.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Just signed up on a whim , I'm in the uk and I'm trying the wwe app and the 24/7 steam works fine! As does some content.

Is there some sort of VPN app that I can get on iOS so all the content works?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

simosimo posted:

Just signed up on a whim , I'm in the uk and I'm trying the wwe app and the 24/7 steam works fine! As does some content.

Is there some sort of VPN app that I can get on iOS so all the content works?

Google unblock-us .

I think you get a free trial for a week if you haven't used it before

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

One thing that sticks out to me from watching attitude era PPVs is how much better officiating has gotten since then. Matches in WWF back then seemed to have referees who didn't know what they were doing half the time, with stuff like pins in tag matches not being on the legal man, the referee telling the guy he's not the legal man, then counting the pin anyway, or a referee doing a five count on mounted punches outside the ring instead of doing a count out. People say referees don't matter, and they don't for the most part, but seeing bad refereeing really makes you appreciate how much better they've gotten.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Go back and watch any match with Teddy Long as the ref, dude was horrible! Even as a kid he drove me nuts with his awful calls and lack of consistency.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I signed up to unblock us and set up my iPad and it still region blocks me, way to go. Why is region block a thing anyway, surely the more eyes and subscriptions on your product the better?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

simosimo posted:

I signed up to unblock us and set up my iPad and it still region blocks me, way to go. Why is region block a thing anyway, surely the more eyes and subscriptions on your product the better?

TV deals. Since WWE signed a new deal with Sky to have all their PPVs on Box Office next year I doubt the UK version of the Network will include live PPVs which is probably gonna do their 'US' numbers some good.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

simosimo posted:

Have you entered the unblock-us DNS as the DNS connection on your iPad wifi connection?

I watch the network on my iphone by doing this

Settings>wifi>"whatever your connection is called">DNS

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Welp, I cancelled the second week's free trial, on account of going out into the field next weekend for six weeks. They completed the PayPal transaction anyway. Oh well, I thought, guess I'm locked in now, not a big deal. Nope, they succeeded in cancelling my subscription, they just made me pay for the privilege. Woo.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

Have you entered the unblock-us DNS as the DNS connection on your iPad wifi connection?

I watch the network on my iphone by doing this

Settings>wifi>"whatever your connection is called">DNS

Yeah, and the unblock me site confirmed that everything was setup too. Restarted the iPad and Turned off location settings too, googled around and 0 propose have this problem. Although I am happy the 24/7 stream works with no group block, I love background wrestling, experiencing WCCW was awesome.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Memento posted:

Welp, I cancelled the second week's free trial, on account of going out into the field next weekend for six weeks. They completed the PayPal transaction anyway. Oh well, I thought, guess I'm locked in now, not a big deal. Nope, they succeeded in cancelling my subscription, they just made me pay for the privilege. Woo.

It's a hold, it's not going to be released right away.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Xenoletum posted:

It's a hold, it's not going to be released right away.

That's what I thought, but the transaction went from Pending which it was in all week, to Completed shortly after the trial period ended. I thought it would go from Pending to Cancelled. It's not a huge deal, I guess I'll just wait until the billing line opens up later today. Minor complication that I'm Australian and should never have had access to the Network in the first place, but I have a legit US address so I don't think it'll be a problem.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm watching HHH's documentary now. You guys said this was good, right?

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 31, 2014

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm watching HHH's documentary now. Guys said this was good?

I found it enjoyable taken with a mountain of salt, other people have dropped the word hagiography and I don't think it's entirely inaccurate. There's one good Kevin Nash spot that makes it kinda worthwhile though.

simosimo posted:

Yeah, and the unblock me site confirmed that everything was setup too. Restarted the iPad and Turned off location settings too, googled around and 0 propose have this problem. Although I am happy the 24/7 stream works with no group block, I love background wrestling, experiencing WCCW was awesome.

make double sure that the settings are accurate and done through your router. I haven't tried setting it up to an iPad or iPhone before, but having both my router and my other devices using it usually does the trick. When all else fails, turn off and restart stuff.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

harperdc posted:

I found it enjoyable taken with a mountain of salt, other people have dropped the word hagiography and I don't think it's entirely inaccurate. There's one good Kevin Nash spot that makes it kinda worthwhile though.

Kevin Nash is the best part of the documentary. "Yes! Designated driver!"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Hall of Fame is going to be broadcast on the network, right? What time roughly does it take place?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The Hall of Fame is going to be broadcast on the network, right? What time roughly does it take place?

Think it's 8pm EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Watching Halloween Havoc 1989, and jesus, the Usos wish they could have an entrance half as awesome as the Samoan Swat Team.