Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hah! I love how they blur out the one guy with the legit fake gun with the bright orange tip, but leave the idiot falling off the back of the car in perfect detail.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

You've been sitting on this animated gif of Augustus Gloop's father eating a micrphone for years, waiting and hoping for just the right time to post it, haven't you?

If that's true, kudos to you :golfclap:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

This seems like it'd be perfect avatar material.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

You Are A Elf posted:

You've been sitting on this animated gif of Augustus Gloop's father eating a micrphone for years, waiting and hoping for just the right time to post it, haven't you?

If that's true, kudos to you :golfclap:

I know an opportunity when I see one.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Best. own. goal. ever.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

I don't care much for wrestling but now I want to see a match on a loving playground more than almost anything.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Frostwerks posted:

I don't care much for wrestling but now I want to see a match on a loving playground more than almost anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko-F-6dglOo

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Oh my loving god. I may have to start watching wrestling.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It is always fun watching fat, clumsy people hurt themselves.

Not a gif, stop waiting for it to move.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Frostwerks posted:

To be fair, as someone who does't watch wrestling, I've heard more than a fair share of people say that it sucks right now. Like, the most enjoyment you'll find out of WWE right now is this

Again, I don't watch it, so my word isn't gospel.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Frostwerks posted:

Yeah, that Crash Holly thing was from like 10 years ago, or more.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Booze was involved here I reckon. Also, I bet her back is sore.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

I've seen this so many times, but it's never not hilarious. How loving uncoordinated can you be?? The answer is - that much. That much uncoordinated.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

There is actually a trick to breaking coconuts with your bare hands, you smack them on one of the three creases that run around them. I've seen guys do it with their palm heel but they were very careful to only hit the coconut in that particular spot, not just have them rolling around all over the place.

And, I would hazard a guess that they didn't hit the metal rack either.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

HairyNipple! posted:

I've seen this so many times, but it's never not hilarious. How loving uncoordinated can you be?? The answer is - that much. That much uncoordinated.

It's like they haven't jumped more than an inch in 10 years.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

I don't get ones like this one where they don't even try to avoid the outcome. I'd be like oh poo poo and scrambling to keep from falling but they just passively go limp.

(also, I was stupid and something like the tree thing almost happened to me and it was scary as poo poo. Ladders and chainsaws, don't be stupid)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hard to tell, but they look like older women, and older women are uncoordinated as gently caress. There's a reason "running like a girl" used to be a thing.

Huh, I wonder if "running like a girl" is no longer a thing in younger generations since girls are encouraged to be just as physical as boys, and would be far more coordinated than older generations of women.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

older women are uncoordinated as gently caress.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Huh, I wonder if "running like a girl" is no longer a thing in younger generations since girls are encouraged to be just as physical as boys, and would be far more coordinated than older generations of women.

TBH it was a pretty offensively-sexist/misogynistic thing to say when I was young, and that was 30 years ago.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SybilVimes posted:

TBH it was a pretty offensively-sexist/misogynistic thing to say when I was young, and that was 30 years ago.

True, but it was still said a hell of a lot back then. I was just curious if the times had changed for younger generations and the concept of "running like a girl" didn't exist anymore. Like if a group of older people and younger people were together, and someone older said "Man, he runs like a girl.", and all the younger people would be all "What? What does that even mean? Boys and girls run the same."

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I dunno about running like a girl in particular, but I think we've a ways to go before people are going to stop saying "like a girl," meaning "poorly."

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And I'm not sure if it's just old women. I mean look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJX-1JI_xA

Perhaps a little bit of training and coaching would've helped.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

True, but it was still said a hell of a lot back then. I was just curious if the times had changed for younger generations and the concept of "running like a girl" didn't exist anymore. Like if a group of older people and younger people were together, and someone older said "Man, he runs like a girl.", and all the younger people would be all "What? What does that even mean? Boys and girls run the same."

Yeah, this is sweet but hopelessly optimistic and a bit naive, this poo poo doesn't disappear in one single generation, at least not in the way where the whole concept just disappears from public thought to the point of seeming like it never existed. Although people seem to hope & dream it does based on the amount of SEXISM IS DED STOP WHININING posts on Facebook and across the internet from thick people who don't get that you can't just wag a finger and say 'that's bad' for a few years and call it mission accomplished.

Realistically, what we should be hoping is that when someone older inevitably says 'Man, he runs like a girl', the younger person thinks 'Well, he's from an older time and doesn't know better' and then sighs and patronizes the old coot, 'ok Grandpa, hey look some apple sauce!'. But the idea that it would just be suddenly a foreign concept is....well wait, how do you think society works? I mean, it's not like we've suddenly become ignorant of the bigotries of the past and the knowledge it lost to time just because we weren't immediately taught them.

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Mar 30, 2014

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

ChickenOfTomorrow has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Mar 30, 2014

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Topical: http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/throw-like-a-girl-results.htm

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

That's one hell of a commercial for cargo/ passenger capacity.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Do you have a gif of when they honk the horn and the wheels fall off?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

It's like gatdam Scooby Doo.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Aw, come on. Not a single one of them is dressed like a clown.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm looking for that video of a car in icy conditions ping-ponging along a series of parked cars while bored observers say "look out." Can someone post it please?

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaksWCnHaDM

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Mikl posted:

Aw, come on. Not a single one of them is dressed like a clown.

The one that starts behind the camera is! :colbert:

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

^^^^ Zing

Kid's hair is pretty tight, though.

Ghost Who Walks
Jul 15, 2005

High Five.
Bangalla style.
Older women may be uncoordinated now but they must have been at one point - I've never seen anyone male but near-pro boxers jump-rope with any success.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Totally reminds me of this old one right here.

• Locked thread